Gilmore Girls 06/07 season - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-15-2006, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really disliked this episode, and it was really hard for me to even sit through most of the dialogue. I do not even know a word to describe how mind numbing and annoying it was.

The show would not have been as bad if the dialogue was well written. The writing is so cliché, monotonous and just plain maddening. This season is very disappointing. I was such a huge fan in previous seasons (even last), but this show is awful now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2006, 11:40 AM

I really couldn't stand Lorelei's rant in Paris about food and stuff. She acted very much like a spoiled little brat. "Oh, poor me, I'm in Paris and can't get a cheeseburger at 4 a.m. like I can in the U.S." I almost changed the channel because I couldn't stand it any longer.

Rory and the friends were okay.

Lane and Zach and Mrs. Kim made the show. They are great characters and have been the only consistently entertaining characters the past couple of years.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:35 PM

that Rory's friends were supportive and not giving me the heebie-jeebies that I had when they first appeared.

Lane's pregnancy is very interesting. I love Mrs. Kim. You'd think that we wouldn't be suprised by her character any more, but we always are.

I hate that I'm still interested even though the writing is awful this year.

Lor needs to stand up for herself again (with Chris).

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
Old 11-15-2006, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
I'm in Litchfield county - where in CT are you?
we are in new london
Old 11-15-2006, 01:37 PM

Lorelai drives me batty this season. I didn't like all the references to the french being rude either.
I love the Lane pregnant storyline though
Old 11-16-2006, 03:33 AM

Little bit of info here..

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Co...te=15-Nov-2006

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 11-16-2006, 04:07 PM

Anyone know where I can watch the episode online? I missed it.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
Old 11-22-2006, 12:00 AM

OMG - Lor is totally going to flip out about being married. That is my prediction.

I liked this episode - it was more natural, less weird - like the rest of this season.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:06 AM

Quote:
OMG - Lor is totally going to flip out about being married. That is my prediction.

I liked this episode - it was more natural, less weird - like the rest of this season.

I liked it too I was dissapointed Richard and Emily weren't in it though. They were shown in the previews and I didn't see them in the episode unless I somehow missed it??????

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

Old 11-22-2006, 02:07 AM

Turns out that spoiler was a "foiler"...Someone made it up! Sorry guys!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 11-22-2006, 02:23 AM

Can someone clue me in on the Rory/Marty thing and those girls Rory is now friends with? I must have missed those episodes.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBTLuv View Post
Can someone clue me in on the Rory/Marty thing and those girls Rory is now friends with? I must have missed those episodes.
I don't know if anything happened recently (this season) but Marty was the 'naked guy' that Rory found outside her dorm room on one of her first nights at Yale. I was confused about this storyline as well because I don't recall Marty playing any signficant role in Rory's life other than the few episodes following the naked thing. I could be wrong though.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:11 AM

Quote:
I agree, I enjoyed the dialog much more this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
Posted by someone at Fan Forum..

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
(My source's theory is that this leaves them an out if Scott Patterson comes up with more unreasonable demands for his contract.)
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Didn't Amy Sherman-Palladino always plan on Rory's graduation from Yale being the finale episode of Gilmore Girls? I assumed with Rory Graduating soon this would be the last season?

-Janna, independent mother of dd, Ms. Mattie Sky born on my 25th birthday, 06*23*2000. My Mama Feb.21,1938-Sept.10,2006
Old 11-22-2006, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeky_Meerkat View Post
I don't know if anything happened recently (this season) but Marty was the 'naked guy' that Rory found outside her dorm room on one of her first nights at Yale. I was confused about this storyline as well because I don't recall Marty playing any signficant role in Rory's life other than the few episodes following the naked thing. I could be wrong though.
I haven't been watching much, but Marty & Rory became good friends...did movies together, etc. but she would break plans with him to hang out with Logan. IIRC, Marty wanted something more & Rory was surprised by the confession. She also asked him to come along when Logan showed up unexpectedly one night & went out with all his friends, that played up the obnoxious rich kid type & left it awkward between Rory & Logan.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:08 PM

Didn't anyone find it a little odd that Logan returns after weeks of being away and Rory stays up all night writing? If it were me, I'd have found a better reason to stay up all night!!!

I think the deal with Marty is that he still harbors feelings for Rory...so he doesn't want his new girlfriend to know that they were friends. Seems a little strange to me :....but I think he feels that if she knew they were friends before she might clue in that he still likes her??!!?!?

I also thought the relationship between April and Luke was really odd. A few episodes ago they were still kind of awkard together and getting to know each other and now they seem very chummy. Just seemed a bit off to me.

But, overall the episode was better than some of the previous ones.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I did like how Logan put Rory in her place about where she falls on the rich kid food chain.

I liked this episode more than the most recent ones. Honestly though, it's all so drawn out and uninteresting lately, I'll be happy once they end it. Yet, I cannot stop watching
Old 11-22-2006, 04:09 PM

Logan looked different, new haircut maybe? Anyway, he looked older.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:27 PM

Just a heads up to everyone-Target has GG Season 5 on sale through tomorrow night for $16. None of the other seasons were on sale but it was worth the drive just to get one of the seasons I needed! They also have a bunch of other really popular movies for $5.98 etc..

Old 11-24-2006, 06:31 PM

Ds needs new movies. Perhaps I'll be brave and head there in the morning.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdeToJoy View Post
Ds needs new movies. Perhaps I'll be brave and head there in the morning.
It wasn't too bad today..A little crazy but not too bad..I went for the clothes they had on sale and for the Gilmore girls DVD's. I got all the Harry Potter movies except the 3rd one for 3.98 each. Batman Begins and Spiderman 2 for 3.98 and Elf for 5.98. It was lots of fun!! They had a bunch of other titles too!

Old 11-27-2006, 08:16 PM

So I dont know what happened but they played this ep on Saturday instead of Tuesday... Guess it's good that I caught it... The reference at the end when Luke was watching that movie was too subtle (am assuming it was a reference to the elope thing?) and I had to watch it like 5 times (thank you for my dvr) and still was like, huh?

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:47 PM

I didnt get the ending either.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:50 PM

I thought it was a movie that they had watched together when they were dating. But I've miss a lot of episodes, so I wasn't sure.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenjall View Post
I didnt get the ending either.
The movie was "The Philadelphia Story" -- here's a plot summary from IMDb:

"After getting a divorce from C. K. Dexter Haven, Tracy Lord prepares to marry again...however, in the days before her wedding, Haven and a reporter, posing as her brother's friend, show up at her doorstep. From there, Tracy is forced to choose among her past love, her present love, and her new love."

In the movie Tracy Lord chooses her first husband and re-marries him. I think the ending of GG's was showing Luke seeing a similarity to his situation to Lorelei -- she was going to marry Luke, but instead went back to her first love, Christopher, and married him.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:54 PM

Ah! That makes sense! I had no idea what movie that was, knowing probably wouldve helped.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:20 PM

Liz wants a homebirth! She hired a doula!

(Now lets home they don't play it for laughs or ridicule like they did with Sookie.: )
Old 11-29-2006, 12:01 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And they named their little girl Doula!!!

That was pretty cool.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
Old 11-29-2006, 12:10 AM

Yup - Doula, for a baby's name? TJ is a weirdo! I'm just happy they didn't play it totally for laughs. (or drama)

I'm also SOOOO happy that Luke grew a set and told Anna off. He is darn right. It's his kid too, and its Annas fault he wasn't around for April until recently.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:50 AM

I liked tonight's episode

One question, why did Rory move out of Logan's apartment? I know Logan moved to NY, but I missed the part where he gave up the apartment and Rory decides to move in with Paris.

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

Old 11-29-2006, 01:26 AM

Rory told Logan last week that she felt like she needed to move out of the apartment since she was staying there with the expectation that he would someday return to it. I think it is her attempt to become more independent, maybe? It came after their fight about elitism or whatever it was about.

Loved that Luke grew a balls and told Anna off- that has been a long time coming. Also loved TJ and Liz having a homebirth and naming the baby Doula.

Loved loved loved the Knit-a-thon, Lorelei's knitting bag, and her shirt "Knit or Go Home" I would love to have the last 2 and participate in the first.

Loved the "man date" though I hated the breakdown of the wording by the pre-pubescent girls during the Aerie Tuesdays segment. Give. Me. A. Break. But I love how Jackson got his point across with the farming analogy.

This episode seemed more in line with the past seasons. I missed the first few minutes of it and picked up when they were at the dinner table at the Gilmore's discussing the wedding party. And Lorelei made the long face again during that part- it makes me want to stab my eyes out when she does that face- it is just so darn unattractive. Speaking of attractiveness, Miss Patty looked fab this episode.

Oh, and when did Marty become Boyfriend? Imust have totally missed an episode somehow. I know a PP mentioned him but I just assumed that he was on one of the old episodes.

User Tag List