Gilmore Girls 06/07 season - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-03-2006, 03:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by olive&pimiento View Post
Isn't this just the best age? I'm in bliss!
yes, but i was so sad (and excited) when his first teeth came. they grow so fast!

gilmore girls...i didn't realize that they left gg in paris at first. i thought the whole point in them going was so they wouldn't do that... whatever.... just watched the last ep today (i never get to watch anything during the actual week) and i loved the beginning with friday night dinner. had me laughing soo hard.

i'm still not a chris and lorelei fan.... they do seem to be making an added effort to show how different their worlds are right now....i don't know. will see how they handle things next week.....

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2006, 06:01 PM

Season 7 online

This one you have to download each scene individually but the quality is good.

http://www.gilmorefan.com/media/epis...ps_season7.php

This one has longer clips but the quality isn't as good!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=GTotti10

Enjoy!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 12-06-2006, 12:17 AM

i hated Doula in the bucket baby carrier.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:28 AM

Not only that, but she plopped the carrier on the counter (and table before that). Dangerous.

It was an odd episode but I have to say that I almost peed my pants watching Luke and Chris fight on top of the xmas tree. Omg, I was really giggling. Struck me as really funny when the xmas music starting playing.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:34 AM

I had high hopes that we would see Liz using a sling. Sigh. But it was definitely an odd episode. Logan was a jerk. I mean, I don't see what the big deal was about not telling her that they knew each other but it was just wrong of him to blurt it out. He is so passive agressive. Speaking of passive agressive, I hated how Christopher just rolled over in bed and curled up in a little ball just because Lorelei didn't want to "make a baby" right away. Geez. And the Luke/Christopher fight was pretty funny though I can't believe that no one saw it. Hello- this is Stars Hollow. There is always someone around.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:49 AM

I was disappointed tonight.

I disagree with the above about Logan being a jerk. Rory was the jerk. But, I admit I'm biased because I am a truth-lover. I hated the pathetic Rory...."oh poor me. I just lied to my so-called friend and was called out on it by my boyfriend...how unfair!" -- Sorry Rory...you made your own bed.

Christopher pouting in bed was too much for me as well. Sheesh.

The lawyer with Luke made me ill. I'm sorry...but come on over to single parenting, writers. The 'trend' in custody cases is for the parents to be given equal time...and they most certainly would take the fact that she kept April from him into consideration. Irks me to make it sound like dads are treated unfairly as that's an old stereotypical thing that no longer is credible. Yes there are some instances...but largely, parents are given as equal as possible time. Also, given April's age....the judge would most likely take her opinion into account.

The fight was funny...but odd.

The only part I liked was Emily talking to Lor. What I like is that despite their distant relationship....Emily comes out of the woodwork from time to time and really tries to help Lorelei out. I remember this happening before and it kinda catches me off guard...which I like, but also shows that despite their disagreements, she really has her daughter's best interests at heart.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:01 AM

no sling BUT she did say the baby was attached to her breast! meaning she is Bfing

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 12-06-2006, 11:33 AM

Did the girl who plays Lucy go to the Alexis Bledel School of Acting or what?

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Mama View Post
Did the girl who plays Lucy go to the Alexis Bledel School of Acting or what?
I must admit that I hope that the girls being annoyed with Rory sticks...because quite frankly, I think they suck!

How can a girl who has such a cool friend like Lane....have the inability to make other great friends? They could have her really connect with some cool people instead of ditzy ones!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:57 AM

I was nostalgically watching some early years GG last week, and I noticed that the girl/woman that plays Lane has always been a really good actress. I think the girl that plays Rory is only starting to be tolerable, but she was awful for so many years. I wish they found more actresses like the woman that plays Lane.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
The lawyer with Luke made me ill. I'm sorry...but come on over to single parenting, writers. The 'trend' in custody cases is for the parents to be given equal time...and they most certainly would take the fact that she kept April from him into consideration. Irks me to make it sound like dads are treated unfairly as that's an old stereotypical thing that no longer is credible. Yes there are some instances...but largely, parents are given as equal as possible time. Also, given April's age....the judge would most likely take her opinion into account.
I was thinking the same thing! I almost wondered if they were going to write in that he was somehow related to Anna, and that is why he gave advice that was completely untrue.

I do not need to look into single parenting forum to know that a judge would care that Anna never informed Luke of April's existence. He was a capable, good father, and the only reason he found out was because April went searching and did a paternity test.

I still have questions about if Luke is really the father. April did the test with her uncle. Every time Anna gets on her "she is my daughter" pole I feel like she is about to disclose that April really is not his.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:14 PM

I could see them doing a "Luke is not really the father" story. How that all went down was crazy. I could see that happening.

As for Lane and Rory. Lane has always been great. I agree! I think Alexis did a really great job with Rory up until after Rory and Logan got together. Maybe it's the "Rory stuck between two worlds" thing they've been playing for the last couple of seasons. But Rory seems whiney and annoying to me lately. She used to be a cute and funny, etc. Now she's just kinda annoying!!

I've been on a knitting kick lately and I've been watching season 3 of GG. It's really made me realize how much it's lost over the last couple of years.

I read somewhere the other day that viewership is WAY down for this season and people in general hate the way the season is going. I think it was a TV Guide article. They suggested that GG should get rid of Christopher ASAP and get L and L back together. And to dump Rory's new friends and have more Paris and Lane. I must say that I agree!! I think writer's always feel like they need to make things too dramatic and they take things over the top. If this is going to be the last season of GG how awesome would it be to see L/L as newlyweds and maybe Lor pregnant? That would be a great storyline!!!

And the whole marriage thing still isn't sinking in for me. I just don't buy the whole married couple/they love each other so much vibe. As Jackson said last week "Many have tried and many have failed". The whole reason Christopher got Lor to marry him was because she was on the rebound from Luke. She doesn't even want a wedding party, etc etc. She was psyched about planning her wedding with Luke. C/L just don't work anymore!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 12-06-2006, 04:27 PM

I have to completely agree with you 100000%, Stacey. Lorelei just doesn't act like a woman in love. Heck, she's not even acting like noraml Lorelei- she's a just a shadow of the old Lorelei. We have been catching the old episodes to and it makes me realize how "not good" this season has been.

And I am all for more Paris and Lane. It's like the Christopher/Lorelei thing has sucked the life out of this season. In the past, there were always great back stories going on- you know, Lane and the band (I miss Sebastien Bach!) The only side story going on this season has been the Anna mamadrama and the stupid wedding party which is getting really old really fast already. Maybe it's just me but this season has been playing out more like a soap opera.

And I completely agree about Rory too- I used to think that we could definitely be friends- she was so cool and witty and now she is such a yawn. She was like a different person (especially around Jess)- you now, they talked about cool books, great bads and now she is just so boring
Old 12-06-2006, 04:31 PM

Agreed!
Old 12-06-2006, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaksma View Post
she is just so WASP-y (I can't find exactly the words I am looking for so that may not come across right).

I agree that Rory is acting weird. But" WASPy?" What do you mean by that?

As someone who is white, Anglo Saxon and Protestant I am feeling a bit hurt from your racist remark. I thought that we as a board were working past using racist comments.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:07 PM

Well, seeing as how I am also a white, Anglo-Saxon, and Protestant, I don't see it as racist at all. That is exactly why I said that I had a hard time putting it into words- I mean, she is acting very upper-crust of society kind of boring. Sheesh.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:41 PM

ITA - if I hadn't been watching my dvd's or Family channel re-runs, I'd have been much less dissapointed in this season - but I have, and I am. In old episodes ther eis charm, wit, snappy conversation. I giggle and smile and wish I could move to Stars Hollow. Luke is sweet, yet gruff, but clearly a good guy. Lorelai is funny, snarky and witty, but sweet and nice too. Rory is whipsmart, funny and seems like an awesome kid. But now? they are all charicatures of themselves. Luke is overly growly and grouchy, Lorelai is shrill and harpy, and Rory is just a trust-fundie Yalie. Even Christopher was charming and adorable in an immature boyish was in old episodes, but now is just a rich guy throwing money at problems and pouting. I think the writers should be forced to watch seasons 1-5 before writing anything else this season.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaksma View Post
Well, seeing as how I am also a white, Anglo-Saxon, and Protestant, I don't see it as racist at all. That is exactly why I said that I had a hard time putting it into words- I mean, she is acting very upper-crust of society kind of boring. Sheesh.

I find it very sad that you would chose to bash any racial group let alone the one that you belong to. With that said, do you consider yourself upper-crust or boring?

If any other group stereotype was commented on as you did others would be all over your post. Just because you talk about WASPs negatively it is alright?

I started this thread because I love Gilmore Girls! I dream of living in Stars Hallow. (Have I bragged about the dance barn in my small CT town yet?) Hanging with Lane while knitting. Let's keep talking about the Girls and not their racial background.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:53 PM

Give me a break. I don't see how I am bashing any group at all but I will go back and edit my post. And I guess I'll refrain from posting on it again since I am a racist jerk.

And fwiw- I was using WASP as in the context of how it is explained here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WASP

"Beyond the English-speaking world, the term is sometimes used in a metaphorical sense, to refer to perceived elite social groups."
Old 12-06-2006, 06:08 PM

Okay, Rory *HAS* been acting like a snobby rich kid quite a bit lately. Especially when they took the boat then expected to get away with it. Why is saying she's acting like a spoiled rich kids racist? That doesn't make sense to me. I don't have anything against rich kids. Heck, I wish I was one. Amy's observation was right. She's no longer interesting Rory. She's no longer who she used to be. I think ALL of us can agree on that. It's been said before in this very thread.

I totally agree about Luke being too grumpy and Lorelai being shrill. She's unhappy and it shows!! I also came to the realization that Christopher is kinda boring last week. Bleh..He's not interesting at all!!

Old 12-06-2006, 08:00 PM

I must admit that I watch every week because I'm addicted and can't imagine not knowing how the show will continue/end.

I also watch hoping that Lane and Mrs. Kim will be on....or that something typically Paris will happen.

It's sad when they have become the only really interesting characters on the show.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:19 PM

I'm sorry but I HATE Christopher....I just don't know if I can keep watching if he is going to be a major player. I am totally bored with Rory and Logan too I hate how she acts all babyish and helpless around him...I would like to see one episode that Rory and Lorelai are not in it and they only focus on everyone else in Stars Hollow....it might actually become interesting again.

I did like when Emily came to Lorelai, maybe that means Christopher will be out of the picture soon.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:39 PM

I never minded Christopher all that much when he was a minor character, but this season he's been getting on my nerves. Since the wedding he's become downright creepy. He's very possessive, and his way of bringing up having children was a bit psycho: "Let's have a baby! Okay, lie still!" What's going on with him?

To me, the ideal conclusion, relationship-wise, would be for Lorelai to divorce Christopher and go back to Luke (or anyone else, for that matter) and Rory to drop His Smarminess and take up with Jess again. Not that I expect it to happen.

While the L/C and R/L pairings aren't my favourites, I think the season wasn't spoiled by that so much as by the bland, clueless script-writing. I agree with ItyBty, earlier seasons had funny, sharp dialogue. Even the casual asides and background chatter was amusing. Now it all seems sort of lobotomized.

Incidentally, while I didn't care for Doula in a bucket, it was nice to see another home birth on the show.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:33 PM

I think Christopher is getting on everyone's nerves. You know there going to be getting rid of him soon. I know VERY few people who like L/C together. He is so dang whiney and boring!! BLAH!!! Can't stand him!

A few new spoilers up:

http://www.spoilerfix.com/gg.php

Old 12-13-2006, 09:27 PM

Missed the show last night can anyone give me a summary?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBTLuv View Post
Missed the show last night can anyone give me a summary?
It was a repeat. It was the first episode of the season.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:34 PM

Has there been any new episodes in the last two weeks? Our recording device is messing up a lot, and I saw that basketball was on one week. I am just curious if I missed anything.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandavery View Post
Has there been any new episodes in the last two weeks? Our recording device is messing up a lot, and I saw that basketball was on one week. I am just curious if I missed anything.
Nope. The next new episode is a week from tonight. It's about time!

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:41 PM

A few spoilers to help pass the time until next week:

http://www.spoilerfix.com/gg.php

Old 01-17-2007, 10:40 AM

Last night I got caught up with GG, I had missed that episode. After I was just mad.
I used to get so excited for Tuesdays. Each show left me hanging on for more. It's
just so disappointing to watch the show now.

I want to call the writers and ask them if their serious. What the HECK is Lor doing with
Chris. Watching last night I thought to myself, this is exactly how my life would have
turned out if I had married dd's dad (and that's not a good thought). He's such a big
baby. If they wanted us to support Lor and Chris together maybe they could make him
not such a jerk face. I know it's a show, but the fact that their together and he is SO
disappointing makes me dislike Lor as well for marrying him.

I just really hope the next new shows don't leave me feeling so sad. Not sad of the
outcome, but sad cause the show is sucking so hard.

-Janna, independent mother of dd, Ms. Mattie Sky born on my 25th birthday, 06*23*2000. My Mama Feb.21,1938-Sept.10,2006

User Tag List