Gilmore Girls 06/07 season - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 771 Old 01-27-2007, 12:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i ff through m ost of it - if logan doesn't show up more often i will continue to do so... what a bummer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#482 of 771 Old 01-27-2007, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'mmykid'$mom View Post
So sick of April. Don't care. i fastfoward during her bits. Don't like GG and Christopher; the show just falls with a thud when they are on.

For me, better April than GG and her father, but I feel you... though I think she is better than she was...

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#483 of 771 Old 01-28-2007, 01:19 AM

I love April! When do you see an academically gifted girl on mainstream television?
#484 of 771 Old 01-29-2007, 01:35 AM

A spoiler related to the one before!

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
01/25 - You may have heard TV Guide's report that Alexis Bledel (Rory) does not want to continue Gilmore Girls and that the CW is moving forward with the idea of doing the show without her. Well, according to my sources—who are highly placed within the Gilmore family—the plan of a Roryless eighth season has been firmly rejected for one very good reason: Lauren Graham is sticking by her onscreen daughter (you gotta love that) and has made it clear that she will not continue the show without Alexis on board. So... will we get another season? Lauren and Alexis are making the decision as a team. If they both decide to partake in an eighth season, we'll get another year of Gilmore bliss. If not, this will be the final year of the show we so adore. Still, don't start saying your goodbyes just yet. The show's rep at the CW insists the report that Alexis does not want to continue with the show is "really just a rumor... I've never heard that from Alexis' people or any reliable source close to the production." Plus, there's another reason to hold out hope: I'm also told CW president Dawn Ostroff isn't ready to let Lorelai and Rory go—and is prepared to do "whatever it takes" to turn the show around creatively and keep it around another year.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#485 of 771 Old 01-30-2007, 01:25 PM

I think Gil was actually subtly smacking down FF with his line. The recapper on TWoP said he should totally do commercials for Similac, and I giggled.

Thank goodness ABC Family runs the repeats--Rory graduates from Chilton today.

I'm "meh" about Logan so I don't care when he's not around. He'll be in it heavily in a few weeks when all the crap hits the fan during Feb. sweeps.

Lane looks ridiculous.

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#486 of 771 Old 01-30-2007, 02:04 PM

Stupid childbirth class on Tuesday nights! I'm going to miss it! This baby better appreciate all I sacrificed for him!
#487 of 771 Old 01-30-2007, 11:45 PM

About 5 minutes to 8 I program the VCR to tape GG for me. I was busy putting the kids to bed, and I like American Idol also, so I have been taping Gilmore girls (which needs attention) and watching AI between getting the kids in bed. I forgot to shut the VCR off. I am SOOOOOO angry at myself

I saw one scene with Luke at a courthouse but I didn't see any dialoge, just flipped in the commercial a sec. I saw the scene up at CW.com, but just that one scene. Wahhh. I missed the whole thing. I am so bummed Can someone fill me in?

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#488 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 12:49 AM

Here's a recap from TWOP:

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com...ontent/a12786/

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#489 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 01:04 AM

I'm pretty sure you can watch the episodes online.

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#490 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 10:03 AM

The ending was really poingant. I sort of kind of wanted to cry. Like L realized what a big mistake she's made.

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#491 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 10:06 AM

Looks like it was good. I saw some CW shows online, but GG wasn't one of them

Mom to:

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#492 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 10:13 AM

I tried to get on here last night to discuss, but the server was too busy.

I was really disgusted by Lorelai begging Christopher to believe her. I am not sure why that bothered me so much, but it just did not seem like her at all.

I think my standards for the show are super low because I thought the writing/dialogue was pretty good last night, except for the opening scene at the Gilmore's house. The gracious, happy family was so over the top. I thought them pulling the food out of their pockets was funny, but Lorelai has never had a problem telling her mother she disliked dinner before. Why would she start faking now?

I was incredibly happy that April was not in the show once last night.

I am not sure how I felt about Richard having a heart attack. I guess it is a good setup to show how Luke is always there, and Christopher has been MIA for most of Rory's life.

I am actually looking forward to next week!
#493 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 11:15 AM

Haven't seen last night's episode yet but I wanted to comment on the whole Christopher being gone and Luke being there. I've been mulling this over since watching the Chilton graduation ep yesterday. Once again Luke is there and C isn't. Christopher was almost never there for her. Why did Lor go on thinking everything would be perfect if they got married? I just don't understand it.

I really wish I had season 4 on DVD. We've got Seasons 1-3 and 5. I haven't seen 4 and 6 for less than $45 which I just can't justify. But I really loved when Luke started to "woo" Lor. It was so sweet!!

#494 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
I really wish I had season 4 on DVD. We've got Seasons 1-3 and 5. I haven't seen 4 and 6 for less than $45 which I just can't justify. But I really loved when Luke started to "woo" Lor. It was so sweet!!
Have you checked ebay?

My friend borrowed my copy, for over a year now, but I definitely would make you a copy if I had I still had it. She is another state, and I feel bad asking her about it.

I loved when Luke and Lorelai first started dating. It was so sweet. I also loved it when he made her the ice skating rink when she was in a fight with the snow. I really liked Luke until April came around.
#495 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandavery View Post
Have you checked ebay?

My friend borrowed my copy, for over a year now, but I definitely would make you a copy if I had I still had it. She is another state, and I feel bad asking her about it.

I loved when Luke and Lorelai first started dating. It was so sweet. I also loved it when he made her the ice skating rink when she was in a fight with the snow. I really liked Luke until April came around.
I think I'm going to do that. I'm afraid of getting a bogus copy though. My brother and SIL bought several seasons of 24 off of ebay and there were foreign knockoffs. They still worked but the packaging was different and something was "not quite right", you know?

I'm going to look around on there though..I need all the seasons!!! :

I really loved them together too before April!!

#496 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 11:26 AM

Seasons 4 & 6 are both on amazon for around 30 (used, but I find the used stuff is usually fine)

Mom to:

#497 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 11:29 AM

I thought last night was boring overall.

I'm sure most of Christopher's anger/jealousy is more about himself realizing he's not been there at all for Rory. I still, as a single mom, cannot imagine any single mom finding the man who walked away from their child attractive in any way....I digress.

I'm glad Luke won. I would have liked to have seen that smug look wiped off Anna's face though.

Where's Logan? I could use a little eye candy again!
#498 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 12:12 PM

Last night was interesting. Poor Suki but I looooved that Lor told her to cloth diaper

I saw the Chilton grad epi yesterday too and it really made it more obvious how much Luke has been a part of Lor/Ror's life for so long and how much Chris hasn't been. I can remember when he first came on the show, what a jerkface he was. Lame excuse for a father.

Lor has always and will always love Chris. He was her first love and the father of her child. There is always going to be something there between them no matter how much he screws up, kwim? But I think after finding that letter he has finally realized just how big of a louse he has been, how much his absence has effected both girls. And that no matter what Lor is always going to love Luke and he is really her "second choice". And typical of Chris he is going to go pout and not be there when Lor needs him the most and Luke will be. It's the same ol same ol that it has been since Luke came in to her life 10 yrs ago.

And yes I am SO happy Luke won the case! I wish he had gotten more custody time IMO even if I am not crazy about April. But he deserved to have more than just 1 weekend a month and every other holiday. Still it was a victory. I too would have loved to have seen that smug look wiped off her face when the judge read her decision that would have been classic!

Last night *almost* gave me hope the writers are getting better. Paris was nearly her normal self, which I love but she is definetly not the same as she has been in previous episodes, which was made very clear upon watching the chilton graduation yesterday lol
#499 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 12:19 PM

Anyone else hate Lucy? I find her to be the most obnoxious person on the show. Ugh.

And the sound of Suki's over-bubbly voice. AAACK! Both of those women are horrendous.
#500 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 01:45 PM

Since we are ttc it was hard to watch Suki get all upset about accidental pregnancy. I'm glad Lor talked her into thinking of all the great things (and cloth dipes).

I agree that Chris is now realizing that he was really not there for his daughter and his anger is directed at Lor but more about himself.

I also agree that Luke was super until April came around and he began acting all weird about it. Maybe this whole thing will help him to realize how he needs to include all the ones he loves in his life. Wouldn't it be great if Luke and Lor got together and had a baby so he could experience it all with her?

Now you guys make me want to order the first seasons on dvd. I don't have cable so we don't see any reruns. I want to save up for them now.

T

#501 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
Since we are ttc it was hard to watch Suki get all upset about accidental pregnancy. I'm glad Lor talked her into thinking of all the great things (and cloth dipes).

I agree that Chris is now realizing that he was really not there for his daughter and his anger is directed at Lor but more about himself.

I also agree that Luke was super until April came around and he began acting all weird about it. Maybe this whole thing will help him to realize how he needs to include all the ones he loves in his life. Wouldn't it be great if Luke and Lor got together and had a baby so he could experience it all with her?

Now you guys make me want to order the first seasons on dvd. I don't have cable so we don't see any reruns. I want to save up for them now.

T

The Suki thing was messed up. Serious communication issues. If you make a birth control decision, you're obligated to tell your spouse. There's no gray area on that one. I would have been packing my dh's stuff.

Chris is pissed off that Luke was a better father to Rory than he ever was. I do think she's over Luke and trying to be in love with Chris.
#502 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 01:51 PM

I was kind of expecting Lorelai to blurt out that she wanted to have a baby with Chris... kind of a way to get him to stay.

Maaaammaa!! to A 2/99 M 7/00 J 10/04 B 4/07 S 3/09
#503 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandavery View Post
I am not sure how I felt about Richard having a heart attack. I guess it is a good setup to show how Luke is always there, and Christopher has been MIA for most of Rory's life.

I am actually looking forward to next week!
I totally agree - that scene with Chris bugged me - I mean, Lor may have convinced herself she loves Chris, but she still loves Luke too. Tonight was a weird episode, cause all this horrid bad stuff happened, but I was smiling cause it was ALL a set up for bringing Luke back into the picture, and I'm soooooooo happy about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
I'm sure most of Christopher's anger/jealousy is more about himself realizing he's not been there at all for Rory. I still, as a single mom, cannot imagine any single mom finding the man who walked away from their child attractive in any way....I digress.

I'm glad Luke won. I would have liked to have seen that smug look wiped off Anna's face though.
I completely agree with your observations on Chris and the letter. He was SO not there the whole time ROry was growing up, he flitted in and out at HIS convenience, and I think now that he has Gigi he sees all that he missed and it likely bugs the crap outta him. He is jealous that Luke was there for Rory when he wasn't, and it really bugs him that Lor knows this and said as much in teh letter. If you read between the lines, stuff like "Luke has always been there for my daughter" you can totally hear the unspoken (Unlike her biological father, who ran off and pretended not to be a father...)

The whole court thing was pissing me off, I really thought they were setting it up for Luke to lose and I was gonna have to throw something at the tv. I'm sooooo happy Luke won, cause Anna was really acting like a mega-bitch.

Can I just say how hard I was laughing at the whole Suki pregnant thing? Poor Jackson, he was sooo funny and nervous, and Suki was so nuts, and the whole walk where Suki is talking about the bad things of having a baby, and Lor is telling her all the good, you just KNEW that Lor wants another baby, but not with Chris. (And a mention for Cloth diapers!! wooooot!)

I have a theory on why the episode was good and set up snvil after anvil for kicking Chris out and bringing Luke back... Did anyone else notice Lauren Graham was the producer?
#504 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 03:09 PM

Where the heck was Gigi anyway? She was there for the after Christmas thing but now she's gone again. Chris being a real dad to Gigi seems to mean shipping her off to boarding school or nanny's or Paris or something.

#505 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 03:17 PM

....and the suki and lor conversation:

S: what? do I have to cut his meat for him now too?
L: No, I'm pretty sure he doesnt want his meat cut.

I dont know, the whole vasectomy thing bothered me back when. Who the hell tells their spouse to get one? Who the hell doesnt get it but doesnt mention it? I think they were both out to lunch about that one....
#506 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Haven't seen last night's episode yet but I wanted to comment on the whole Christopher being gone and Luke being there. I've been mulling this over since watching the Chilton graduation ep yesterday. Once again Luke is there and C isn't. Christopher was almost never there for her. Why did Lor go on thinking everything would be perfect if they got married? I just don't understand it.

Watching now so can't comment yet but have you tried deepdiscountdvd? They usually have things a little bit cheaper....If you don't mind used, I agree with the Amazon recommendation...

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#507 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 03:27 PM

I did notice she was a producer

And that line between L & S was hilarious, I almost forgot about it
#508 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I think I'm going to do that. I'm afraid of getting a bogus copy though. My brother and SIL bought several seasons of 24 off of ebay and there were foreign knockoffs. They still worked but the packaging was different and something was "not quite right", you know?
I bought an import before, but it was the exact show just released in another country. It was definitely not a bootleg or anything, but I understand your hesitation. I was thinking that you just might be able to get a used copy for like $10. I just make sure I check the rating, and they have a return policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotheringMe View Post
Anyone else hate Lucy? I find her to be the most obnoxious person on the show. Ugh.

And the sound of Suki's over-bubbly voice. AAACK! Both of those women are horrendous.
Lucy really annoys me. She is an awful actress. I hate that character. It is such a pathetic attempt at writing a stereotypical art student.

I love Suki though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amj'smommy View Post
I was kind of expecting Lorelai to blurt out that she wanted to have a baby with Chris... kind of a way to get him to stay.
:Puke I think I would have never watched again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
I have a theory on why the episode was good and set up snvil after anvil for kicking Chris out and bringing Luke back... Did anyone else notice Lauren Graham was the producer?
I did not notice that. I am so happy for her and the show. Did the writing seem slightly better then all the other shows? I cannot tell if my standars are rock bottom low, or if it is actually getting better.

Quote:
Where the heck was Gigi anyway? Chris being a real dad to Gigi seems to mean shipping her off to boarding school or nanny's or Paris or something.
I was thinking the same thing, but I also do not want to see Gigi. I would hate if they wasted screen time on her.
#509 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Where the heck was Gigi anyway? She was there for the after Christmas thing but now she's gone again. Chris being a real dad to Gigi seems to mean shipping her off to boarding school or nanny's or Paris or something.
Christopher said something about the daughter unit being shipped off to the grandmother and the wife unit going to babysit.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#510 of 771 Old 01-31-2007, 09:02 PM

I panicked for nothing . Obviously last night I rewound too far and came to last week's GG, and thought I didn't tape at all, but I did . Today I was watching the tape from the beginning (catching up on my Days) and after Tuesday's episode what do I find???? GG

Anyway I agree with what people have said. It's good, getting better, I do hope they do an 8th season, I thinkthey still have places to go. I also think they can focus more on Lorali now as a person, not so much as a "cool mom." I notice this season Rory has almost been a secondary charactor, more of the focus has been back in Stars Hollow as opposed to at Yale.

Mom to:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page