Gilmore Girls 06/07 season - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 771 Old 09-08-2006, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I liked Dean 1.0 (when they were together the first time) okay..He was kind of boring and they really didn't have much in common. I hated the whole cheating Dean thing..I kept yelling at the TV for hime to go away!!! I liked that she had more in common with Jess but I wish he had treated her better. I do think I like Logan best (minus the breakup/cheating) part because he brings her out of her shell and they do have a good bit in common

I think there was some major significance in the relationships between Rory and Logan and Luke and Lorelai. Both of the girls have had men falling all over themselves and chasing them. The girls kinda had to go after Logan and Luke, you know? I think that's going to be important down the line!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 771 Old 09-08-2006, 01:26 PM

Perhaps Logan will 'see the light' and turn into a completely wonderful, loving man and wants to fully commit to Rory.
Logan is just too darn handsome to give up. giggle.
I don't like Dean or Jess. Yuck.
#63 of 771 Old 09-08-2006, 01:28 PM

i liked dean and jess

at least jess is involved with something more than being a rich priss.. at least hes got a soul.

and yeah dean cheated, but most men do.. sadly.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#64 of 771 Old 09-08-2006, 01:30 PM

I think Jess was good for Rory in that he showed her that she didn't have to be so square!!
#65 of 771 Old 09-08-2006, 02:05 PM

the show ha just become so....
Bourgeoisie!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#66 of 771 Old 09-08-2006, 02:07 PM

I didnt like dean until he cheated...and then, I loved to hate him. It just made him more....something.....just better than the cookiecutter, bland, perfect boyfriend, YK?

I'm totally team Jess, but I did like Logan in the beginning - in spite of myself! I loved the flirting and playing between Rory and Logan in the start, but now, I find him whiny.

I'm hoping for a good season!
#67 of 771 Old 09-08-2006, 05:54 PM

See - I think Dean is a milktoast, and Jess was a faux James Dean, but Logan is a nice comfy combo of the two, and I think he's perfect for Rory. He treats her well (Like Dean did) BUT is her intellectual equal (like JEss was)

That said, I would be SO all about a fling with Jess v2.0 (Now that he's got his stuff together, smart AND nice, all in one package?) this coming season.

Oh, and my DH (who rocks!) got me seasons 4 and 5 on DVD for my birthday! Yay!
#68 of 771 Old 09-08-2006, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty
See - I think Dean is a milktoast, and Jess was a faux James Dean, but Logan is a nice comfy combo of the two, and I think he's perfect for Rory. He treats her well (Like Dean did) BUT is her intellectual equal (like JEss was)
Interesting....This may very well be the case.
#69 of 771 Old 09-08-2006, 07:29 PM

Subbing will catch up later
#70 of 771 Old 09-08-2006, 07:52 PM

I don't like Logan. I have this vague memory, but can't remember the exact episode that made me hate him, didn't he steal something from someone's house and let a maid take the blame? I think the writers are setting up and interesting situation, Logan is from the background that Lorilei can't stand, but Rory was never a part of, so she is interested. There was that episode where Rory's dad and Logan realized they were from the same spoiled-rich-kid background (talking about getting kicked out of all the same schools). Logan is the little Christopher, so it depends on how you feel about him. They have made him simpathedic lately (why???) but before he was the spoiled-rich kid who ran out on Loralei and bailed on Rory. If we like him, it's ok to like Logan, but if you don't like the idea of rich kids not talking advantage of the education they are offered, Logan and Christoper are less appealing.

I like Jess. Not when they were to gether, he wasn't nice, but I think they have a nice connection and maybe he'll be nicer this time.
#71 of 771 Old 09-08-2006, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flor
I don't like Logan. I have this vague memory, but can't remember the exact episode that made me hate him, didn't he steal something from someone's house and let a maid take the blame?
Yes!! He stole from Emily & Richard!!
#72 of 771 Old 09-08-2006, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyhead
Yes!! He stole from Emily & Richard!!
I think a bit of Logan's charm has been seeing him grow up a bit though. He did a swap thing for the Life and Death Brigade and I just that sucked. But I think he's grown up since then!

I can't believe I'm defending Logan!! I go back and forth between liking him and not liking him...I guess I'm having a "liking him" week!!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#73 of 771 Old 09-08-2006, 08:46 PM

Rory did make him put the trinket back though......Or was it Lorelei? I think it was Lorelei that caught him and made him put it back. Help me someone....
#74 of 771 Old 09-08-2006, 08:48 PM

Lorelai.
#75 of 771 Old 09-08-2006, 09:01 PM

Thank you!
#76 of 771 Old 09-10-2006, 06:05 PM

Defending the young (and really cute) Logan Huntsberger.

As for the situation with the trading of the trinket.....
I think we are applying mature/grown-up ideals to a young man doing a college prank. Put yourselves back in his position. He was young and trying to fit into a group and wasn't doing anything 'harmful'. He was keeping up a (stupid) tradition of trading trinkets set out by the L & D brigade. Can you honestly tell me that as a young person in college or something that none of you did something foolish (like taking something for a scavenger hunt) where you didn't even think that it was wrong because you were so focused on the goal of getting it????? He was not trying to be hurtful to the Gilmore's, he was just doing a silly prank. I actually think that if Richard had found out....he probably would have commended Logan for keeping up with tradition and then suggested that he had done it more inconspicously by trading a trinket from a different room.
For the record.....I actually thought it was funny. All these rich people with their little trinkets from wherever having them replaced with someone else's. Can you imagine their horror at having someone named something like Bitsy showing up and finding her trinket in the Gilmore house! Hilarious!!! I actually thought it was a real slam to the bourgeois lifestyle making light of their little trinkets that probably 99% of them would never even know what they owned and what they didn't.

As for the sleeping with the girls.......
THEY WERE NOT TOGETHER WHEN IT HAPPENED.....HE DID NOT CHEAT ON HER!!!!! In his mind it was over. He was heartbroken and looking for some way to ease his pain. Whether he drank, slept around, or did both, it was not a 'moral' kind of thing to do....but I wouldn't fault him for it. Yes, it was perhaps an error in judgement, but many men really don't know how to handle their emotions and they turn to substances and things like sex as a way to help them through it. Again, not cool, but really, not unlike many young men going through a difficult time.
For the record.....I won't fault him for it and obviously, Rory figured out a way to get past it too.

There.

I think they will stay together. The writer has said that he is special in her life and will continue their relationship across the ocean.
#77 of 771 Old 09-10-2006, 07:26 PM

I agree with a lot of that..But I still think he shouldn't have slept with those girls..He hopped into bed with several girls really fast. I think the thing that bugs me most is that he let he walk into a situation where the girls told her, not him. I think it would have been easier coming from him..

"You Jump I jump Jack" The ep where Rory goes to the first Life and Death Brigade event was on Friday so I'm totally loving Logan right now..That was a great episode!!

I think they'll end up together..Their goodbye scene last season was hard to watch!! I think they'll have a bumpy road this season though making along distance thing work!!

#78 of 771 Old 09-10-2006, 10:41 PM

i'm not sure why it has to be so hard for them to do the ld relationship - with her on the east coast and he in london and with them both having $$$ they could see eachother every week if they like... so irl it would be easier than most ldr are, but since it is tv, i'm sure it will have it's sticky moments of longing, etc....
#79 of 771 Old 09-11-2006, 12:53 AM

Going back to the last thread- I am sooo not loving Luke and Lor right now. He's turned into a wimp, she's turned into a wimp. It's just soooo depressing. I get that Luke is having a hard time dealing with the April situation. But it seems like he's totally given up on Lor. This is not the same man who kept the little note from Lorelei in his wallet for years. He finally gets the girl, and then what.... promptly pushes her to the back burner?

I'm really starting to love Christopher. Unfortunately, I don't think Lorelei feels the same way. I was so bummed when Shari got pregnant and Chris left, I am holding out a little hope that Chris and Lor will get back together. But after reading some of the gossip sites, I'm not holding my breath. Plus, I'd hate for Lorelei to be saddled with the responsibility of raising the devil child aka GiGi.

I'm really torn about Rory. She's got a little bit of her spunk back, thank goodness. But she still seems a bit bland with Logan. Come to think of it, I guess Dean was pretty bland, too. To me, though, the whole L&D Brigade thing is waaayyy over the top. It seems too unrealistic for me to accept it.

On the old thread, there were a few people who mentioned missing the last episode of season 6. I missed it too, but someone posted the whole thing on youtube There are 5 parts, here's the link to part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd0BqmlQVFs

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
#80 of 771 Old 09-11-2006, 11:53 AM

I just finished watching the end of the last season. I didn't think it was awful but there is a lot of crazy sad stuff in it. Although I did love the way Rory got her crap together and and became herself again and immediately called her mom when she got a job. As for her love life I liked Jess and Logan better than Dean and I think Logan is going to be the one for her too. You have to cut Logan some slack even though he has had his huge jerk moments because he's never been in a real relationship before. And then there is Lorelai. I love Luke but I was so aggravated with him at the end of last season Christopher starting to grow on me again. I've always bee a sucker for the bad boys though.
#81 of 771 Old 09-11-2006, 01:40 PM

Luke has turned into an insensitive jerk and Lor has turned into a wimp. I hate it!!! I'm also starting to like Christopher better but L and L will end up together! I know it!!

#82 of 771 Old 09-12-2006, 10:12 PM

I figure L and L will end up together too, but they could definitely spin it because April's mom is quite a bit like Lorelai. They could put Luke and her together and put Christopher with Lorelai.
#83 of 771 Old 09-12-2006, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erose
I figure L and L will end up together too, but they could definitely spin it because April's mom is quite a bit like Lorelai. They could put Luke and her together and put Christopher with Lorelai.
Wow, I had a very strong gut reaction to that suggestion!! Just the thought of L and L not ending up together after all they've been through..I would be devastated!!

#84 of 771 Old 09-13-2006, 04:02 PM

#85 of 771 Old 09-14-2006, 12:33 AM

Mega spoilers for the season premiere here:

http://www.spoilerfix.com/gg.php

I can NOT NOT NOT wait!!!!! 1 1/2 weeks to go!!! Make sure to notice the episode titles..Gives a clue as to what might happen..

I can't wait!!!!!

#86 of 771 Old 09-14-2006, 12:54 AM

More detailed spoilers I found on TWOP.

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Liz and Lane are both pregnant. Lor tells Luke about Chris and Luke punches Chris in the face at some point. Lor and Chris get together for at least half the season and are in Paris together at some point. Luke spends a whole lot more time with April and Anna. Some rumors are flying that a L/L relationship might not be in the plans after all. Not happy about this stuff!!

#87 of 771 Old 09-14-2006, 11:37 AM

#88 of 771 Old 09-14-2006, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz
More detailed spoilers I found on TWOP.
Who is Liz???
#89 of 771 Old 09-14-2006, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyhead
I feel the same way! I AM *NOT NOT NOT* happy!!!!!

Liz is Luke's sister. She's married to TJ and announced she was pregnant before the last season was over.

#90 of 771 Old 09-14-2006, 01:41 PM

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page