Gilmore Girls 06/07 season - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 771 Old 09-24-2006, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2 days! 2 days!! I'm gonna bake cookies tomorrow night so I can munch and watch my show...

Anyone else as excited as I am?
#122 of 771 Old 09-24-2006, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
2 days! 2 days!! I'm gonna bake cookies tomorrow night so I can munch and watch my show...

Anyone else as excited as I am?
Oh yes!! I'm so excited!! I'm planning on getting the kids in bed nice and early Tuesday night! I really want to savor this year since it's likely to be the last season!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#123 of 771 Old 09-24-2006, 10:12 PM

i was excited until i realized that i don't get CW - you ladies will have to keep me posted on what is happeneing since i will most likely have to wait until season 7 comes out on netflix! bummer!!
also, if anyone watches one tree hill, could you keep me posted on that too?!
#124 of 771 Old 09-24-2006, 10:16 PM

I've been watching the first season on DVD from the library.
#125 of 771 Old 09-25-2006, 01:23 PM

I'M SO EXCITED! I get so happy to watch the season premiere of GG. As a single Mom I like to pretend
I am L and dd is R. ONE MORE DAY!

If L and C end up together in the end I will be mad. I think C is a flake. I like Luke, and I hope
L and L can make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
I agree with a lot of that..But I still think he shouldn't have slept with those girls..He hopped into bed with several girls really fast. I think the thing that bugs me most is that he let he walk into a situation where the girls told her, not him. I think it would have been easier coming from him..
I don't see it the same way. He slept with one of the bridesmaids during the "break". The other
bridesmaids/girls were before R and L were together. These are Logan's sisters friends, I am sure
he has known them a long time, there are drinks, he slept with them, he's young, their young, it
happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenjall View Post
kinda off topic question...... how do you get "Rory" from Lorelei?
I might be wrong, but if I remember L didn't plan on naming Rory after herself. She was out of
it after the birth and thought they were asking what her name is. They never have talked about
how Lorelei became Rory on the show, but it's safe to assume that maybe as a child Rory couldn't
say her L's and called herself Rory, or it came about to distinguish between Mom and dd. I wondered
myself and googled it once and found nothing. But why are people named Anthony called Tony, or
Robert called Bob.

-Janna, independent mother of dd, Ms. Mattie Sky born on my 25th birthday, 06*23*2000. My Mama Feb.21,1938-Sept.10,2006
#126 of 771 Old 09-25-2006, 07:24 PM

Quote:
They never have talked about
how Lorelei became Rory on the show, but it's safe to assume that maybe as a child Rory couldn't
say her L's and called herself Rory, or it came about to distinguish between Mom and dd.
Thats what I kinda figured....
#127 of 771 Old 09-26-2006, 01:33 AM

Another off topic question, do we ever see Mr. Kim??? I was watching season 2 the other day and Lane clearly mentions her "parents" specfically when talking about being sent to Korea for the summer, but I have never seen Mr. Kim. I assume they just changed their mind and decided not to use one, but inconsistancies drive me nuts, my own little pet peeve :

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#128 of 771 Old 09-26-2006, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelEve14 View Post
Another off topic question, do we ever see Mr. Kim??? I was watching season 2 the other day and Lane clearly mentions her "parents" specfically when talking about being sent to Korea for the summer, but I have never seen Mr. Kim. I assume they just changed their mind and decided not to use one, but inconsistancies drive me nuts, my own little pet peeve :
I googled and found this for you.
Taken from this article.

If that’s the case, that both Pai's (The character of Lane was inspired by her best friend and Gilmore Girls co-producer, Helen Pai.) parents are melded into one character, it might partially explain the mysterious absence of Mr. Kim, who has been mentioned on the show but has yet to be seen. He didn't even bother to show up to his daughter's wedding.

“I know!” laughs Agena. “Where is my dad?” (Keiko Agena, plays Lane Kim).

“Lane has alluded to her 'parents’ [plural] before,” says Kuroda. (Emily Kuroda, plays Mrs. Kim.) “That was when I shipped her off to Korea. So, when they told me they were going to have a wedding, I thought, ‘Oh wow, this is exciting.’ But then, I don’t know where her husband was. I guess Mrs. Kim
is going home alone.”

“My theory,” says Pai. “And it's really never been solved, is that he is in an import/export business, and he's in Korea all the time. That's what I'm going with. But that has nothing to do with the show. That's just my theory.”

-Janna, independent mother of dd, Ms. Mattie Sky born on my 25th birthday, 06*23*2000. My Mama Feb.21,1938-Sept.10,2006
#129 of 771 Old 09-26-2006, 09:03 AM

Today's the day!!
#130 of 771 Old 09-26-2006, 10:40 AM

The one quote I remember about Mr.Kim is that "He went the way of Davey.." Which means he'll be talked about and referred to but never or rarely seen on screen...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR TONIGHT!!!!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#131 of 771 Old 09-26-2006, 11:58 AM

: 9 hours! :
#132 of 771 Old 09-26-2006, 12:11 PM

I LOVE this show and can't wait for the season premiere tonight, so what I'm going to say next is going to sound strange. I want this show to go off of the air. I hate being a slave to my TV and DH & I are TOTALLY addicted to this show. I can't stop watching it. I usually can't last more than a season or two with mosth shows, but I lose it if I miss one episode of GG. :
#133 of 771 Old 09-26-2006, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthgirl View Post
I LOVE this show and can't wait for the season premiere tonight, so what I'm going to say next is going to sound strange. I want this show to go off of the air. I hate being a slave to my TV and DH & I are TOTALLY addicted to this show. I can't stop watching it. I usually can't last more than a season or two with mosth shows, but I lose it if I miss one episode of GG. :

I know what you mean. I freak if I miss an episode too. DH and I have been addicted from the start and talk about the characters on GG like they're real people!! I cried SO HARD the first time Luke broke up with Lorelai. It was so sad and I felt like it was happening to one of my friends!!

I don't mind being addicted to it though..But I know it will eventually run it's course..

#134 of 771 Old 09-26-2006, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity6232000 View Post
I googled and found this for you.
Taken from this article.

Thanks! That was an interesting read

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#135 of 771 Old 09-26-2006, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Less than an hour to go....

#136 of 771 Old 09-26-2006, 08:54 PM

lucky! its 5 hours till its on here.. not till 10:00 ill be so sleepy by then! but at least the kids wil be in bed so i can have a quiet evening with the gilmore girls im so dorky.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#137 of 771 Old 09-26-2006, 10:04 PM

Wow.
#138 of 771 Old 09-26-2006, 10:13 PM

Tonights episode was ok but I am NOT happy with next weeks previews. I don't like the direction it looks like this is going in.
Oh well. I'll still be hooked.

What really annoyed me was that I had to sit there holding my antenna and turning it this way and that just to be able to view it. Even then, the static was so loud that I'm sure I missed some stuff.
Man, I wish I could pay off my old cable bill just so I could have basic cable again. This is going to drive me absolutely insane.
#139 of 771 Old 09-26-2006, 11:41 PM

OMG. Wow. omg-omg-omg.

Next week looks like a tear-jerker. I'm gonna have to buy more tissues.
#140 of 771 Old 09-27-2006, 12:22 AM

cat.gif

#141 of 771 Old 09-27-2006, 12:29 AM

cat.gif
#142 of 771 Old 09-27-2006, 01:01 AM

Ugh..I so dislike Christopher..I hate that he's going to be around so much this season. YUCK!!! Go away!!!!!!!!!

Paris is awesome..Cracked me up!! She's always a riot!

I'm worried about Logan..They certainly didn't make everything look like it will be all happy for them...I'm waiting for Logan to swoop in and make a play for Rory!!

#143 of 771 Old 09-27-2006, 01:20 AM

I missed the preview for next week.
What did they show???????????????
#144 of 771 Old 09-27-2006, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
I missed the preview for next week.
What did they show???????????????
Luke and Lorelai standing in the middle of the road having an argument. Luke basically says he's moved on or something to that effect.

ETA: From TV Guide

That's What You Get, Folks, for Makin' Whoopee - Gilmore Girls
Lane and Zack return from their honeymoon in Mexico, each with their own unique horror story; Lorelai has an emotionally painful encounter with Luke that's compounded by an ugly confrontation with Rory after she learns that her mom slept with Christopher; and Luke finds out that Kirk has opened an eatery that is nearly a copy of his.

#145 of 771 Old 09-27-2006, 09:44 AM

I loved the booty call comment though- "because you're not 18 and it's not 1997" or whatever she said. I could actually hear the words come out of mouth at some point. LOL

I did kind of feel sorry for Christopher though- I mean, I'm not entirely sure that he didn't know it was a booty call in the first place, kwim? I just hope that he doesn't force his way into her life when she in a vulnerable state.

Luke- I guess it's better to come to the party late than to never show up at all buddy, but man oh man, you should have looked at the time a little closer. I felt so bad for Lorelei when she said to Suki that he didn't want to fight for her- I actually teared up a little. I mean, who wants to feel like the person they love isn't willing to fight for them no matter what.

Love the Rocket and the Logan/Rory connection in the episode. Really cute and very GG. Paris rocks the house- I could totally hang with someone as crazy as her. She was in top form last night. I love the how she said that she would get rid of the stupid but the lazy runs deep (again, I am paraphrasing).

Previews for next week are not looking good- I hate the Luke appears to have his petty attitude again. Didn't he get the same petty tone when the whole Christopher thing went down last time- like he becomes so morally superior to Lorelei? Like there was nothing she could do to apologize and she was missing out on the best thing in the universe by not being with him? I mean, I am a Luke/Lorelei (lukelei? perhaps) fan as much as the next person but not to the point that he is allowed to be nasty to her. If that's the tone he is going to take, I may be switching my allegiance to Team Christopher.
#146 of 771 Old 09-27-2006, 09:48 AM

I think Luke may be good riddance.
#147 of 771 Old 09-27-2006, 10:05 AM

You know I almost get where Luke is coming from. I think being in a relationship with someone who had a kid with someone else could be a little intimidating. I mean, imagine dating someone knowing they've had a kid and an on and off relationship with someone else for years. The person's parents also want them with this other person and aren't at all hesitant to tell you this. These people are emotionally connected and always will be. I think that would make me feel quite insecure.

On the other hand I think Luke has been a big jerk and treated Lorelai like crap for months. She shouldn't have put up with it. And she shouldn't have run to Christopher for comfort..

#148 of 771 Old 09-27-2006, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdeToJoy View Post
Tonights episode was ok but I am NOT happy with next weeks previews. I don't like the direction it looks like this is going in.
Oh well. I'll still be hooked.

I know what you mean. I feel like the Christopher thing is so DEAD. There are creative people behind this show so WHY does she always end up running back to Christopher. I'm tired of that. Of course, I won't stop watching it but that does annoy me.

Sorry about your reception problem. We have rabbit ears too, but luckily that's one station that comes in really well.

Where in MA are you? If you get really desparate PM me. We can share our TV.
#149 of 771 Old 09-27-2006, 12:19 PM

I loved the line when L. says "I'm the perfect storm of caffine and genetics"
#150 of 771 Old 09-27-2006, 12:40 PM
nym

I really enjoyed this episode. Lauren Graham was awesome. The depth of emotion she portrayed was incredible. I really felt for her in this episode. While I don't think the whole Christopher thing was a good move, I'm glad she is sticking with her decision, and that she made one in the first place.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page