Gilmore Girls 06/07 season - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

#241 of 771 Old 10-11-2006, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by todzwife View Post
Did anyone else think it was kind of strange that Emily introduced Rory and Lor. as "this is my granddaughter Rory and HER MOTHER Lorelei" Why not say this is my daughter and my granddaughter?
I was thinking the same thing. I found it really strange that no one even commented on it. It was like Lorelai was the surrogate mother to their granddaughter. It really does just epitomize their relationship.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 771 Old 10-11-2006, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabadger View Post
I'm a little disappointed at the Chris development. I suppose it's a logical, full-circle kind of thing, but Luke was always my favourite male character in the show. Actually, there aren't too many likable male characters to choose from, but I thought he and Lorelai were cute together and provided a nice contrast of personalities. I also didn't like his conclusion that L could move on, and he could "just go back to being the guy who pours your coffee" because L is destined for finer things. :
Actually, I thought Lorelai's musing on whether she did things just to go against what her mother wanted (like eat Pop Tarts) was meant to lead us, eventually, to she and Chris getting married. She'll conclude that she's avoided it all these years just because it was Emily's fondest wish, and finally go ahead with it. A little too simple, if you ask me. Emily also wants her to join the DAR and kick beggars recreationally. How far are they going to take this, anyway?
I agree with everything you have said. I loved Luke and Lorelai together. I have nothing against Christopher, but it just seems that the Luke and Lorelai’s relationship has been evolving to become a romantic long term relationship since the first episode. I just with the whole relationship never happened if they were going to put her together with Christopher.

The whole thing with liking or disliking things only to be rebellious was funny, but if they are going to use it to justify the Christopher relationship (which I think they will) then it is just too linear and simplistic. It upset me that she even saw the Cotillion less cynical. It is true that some kids enjoyed it and wanted to be there, but I am sure (just like for Lorelai) that some were forced into doing it. It seems incredibly superficial and degrading to base the start of a relationship on Lorelai’s minor epiphany.
#243 of 771 Old 10-12-2006, 12:58 PM

I read that Liz uses a midwife, not Lane. But maybe they both do. I think Liz is also supposed to be having a homebirth.

Stars Hollow is having a Knitathon.That's my kind of town..

And supposedly we'll be getting a Christmas themed episode in December. I'm really excited about that because most years they've skipped over Christmas!!

Here are some shots of GG filming at USC:

http://www2.fanforum.com/12205581-post18.html

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#244 of 771 Old 10-12-2006, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
I read that Liz uses a midwife, not Lane. But maybe they both do. I think Liz is also supposed to be having a homebirth.
Liz so crazy and flightly...if anyone was going to do something crazy like have a homebirth it would be her. (I am being very sarcastic. I had a homebirth, and I do not think it is crazy at all.) Woo hoo for a potential homebirth!
#245 of 771 Old 10-12-2006, 07:30 PM

So, it's supposed to be Yale but they are filming at USC? LOL.
#246 of 771 Old 10-12-2006, 08:12 PM

:
#247 of 771 Old 10-12-2006, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdeToJoy View Post
So, it's supposed to be Yale but they are filming at USC? LOL.
I thought that was funny too..I knew they filmed in California.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#248 of 771 Old 10-13-2006, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
Here are some shots of GG filming at USC:

http://www2.fanforum.com/12205581-post18.html

Very cool link! I've never seen a tv show being filmed!
Thanks!
#249 of 771 Old 10-13-2006, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysmom View Post
Very cool link! I've never seen a tv show being filmed!
Thanks!
I actually got to see parts of the sets for GG while in California!! I won a trip to LA to see one of the tapings of Friends (Season 10; The One With the Home Visit) and since Warner Bro does both shows, both sets were on the tour of the studios.

I got to:

Walk around the town square of Stars Hollow (SO VERY COOL) I felt like I was really there!!
Walk around in the sets they use to film the inside scenes at Yale

--jen
#250 of 771 Old 10-14-2006, 01:27 AM

I don't think I could tour the GG set..It would make me realize it's not real!! I want to live in my fantasy world where Stars Hollow is a real place!!!

And in other news..
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Episode 7.09: Knit, People, Knit Airdate: November 2006
With the help of a midwife, Liz delivers her baby in her own house. T.J. contacts Luke to let him know of the news. There is a "knitathon festival" in town. At the event, the high school Jazz band performs, there is a little petting zoo, and tents and stands where people can buy/spin/etc. yarn. Sookie and Jackson sell spaghetti at the event. Kirk sells knitting needles.

Sounds fun!!

#251 of 771 Old 10-14-2006, 01:53 AM

am i the only one that finds kirk SOOO annoying? him with his "cafe" - what a totally annoying guy to have around!!!
#252 of 771 Old 10-14-2006, 09:51 AM

I can't STAND Kirk! He's such an idiot (yes, I can call him an idiot...he's fictitional).
I mean, who would trust him to be the test driver for their traffic light camera?! How dumb can they be?

I missed the part about Kirks own restaurant. I could say more about Kirk but I'm sure someone would end up reporting me for being violent.
#253 of 771 Old 10-14-2006, 11:23 AM

I just found this thread. I LOVE Gilmore Girls!!! I have watched the show since the first season. Of course, I watch the syndicated episodes from time to time too.

I could not read all 11 pages of the thread so maybe I am duplicating a previous discussion. But has anyone noticed the writing is different this season? It's not as fast-paced or witty. Or am I just expecting to much from my GG? It just seems different.
#254 of 771 Old 10-14-2006, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstinctiveMama View Post
I could not read all 11 pages of the thread so maybe I am duplicating a previous discussion. But has anyone noticed the writing is different this season? It's not as fast-paced or witty. Or am I just expecting to much from my GG? It just seems different.
The original writers are no longer with the show. This season a new writer and director took over. You can read more about it in the back pages of this thread.
#255 of 771 Old 10-14-2006, 05:43 PM

#256 of 771 Old 10-14-2006, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiawrites View Post
My parnter made fun of me because I am really bummed about my hypnobirthing class being on Tuesdays. Last week I came straight home and downloaded it... I am such a dork!
Where can you download episodes from??
#257 of 771 Old 10-17-2006, 10:09 PM

I enjoyed it again tonight! woohoo!
#258 of 771 Old 10-17-2006, 10:10 PM

Does anyone have an uneasy feeling about the girls rory brought to logan's apartment?
I think they are going to burn it down or something.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#259 of 771 Old 10-17-2006, 10:43 PM

Yep, I felt completely uneasy. Like they were going to either cause a fire or steal stuff.
#260 of 771 Old 10-17-2006, 10:44 PM

LOVED Lorelais reaction to being told she had to go pick up Emily from teh police station! "This perfect night, just keeps getting better!"

Those new "friends" of Rory's bugged me too. They'll probably rob the place or something.

HATED the Luke n April junk. Hate everything about that girl - she ruined everything. I want her to go away. :
#261 of 771 Old 10-18-2006, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
HATED the Luke n April junk. Hate everything about that girl - she ruined everything. I want her to go away. :
I completely agree. It was just annoying. I think it is completely unbelievable that Anna would leave her with Luke to start with.
#262 of 771 Old 10-18-2006, 08:51 AM

Yeah, April is annoying...but that's pretty close to life. LOL. Some kids are annoying. I had a boyfriend who had a son just like April. Wasn't easy, I tell ya.
As a single mom, I'm sure Anna just didn't have a choice about leaving April with Luke. I mean, finding a 'babysitter' for a day or even two is one thing but finding someone for a week or two would be pretty tough.

I wish the CW had recent GG on video online at their website. NBC does it for some of their shows (is. Heroes).

Does anyone else have a hard time waiting a WHOLE week before GG comes on again?
#263 of 771 Old 10-18-2006, 09:13 AM

"Young man, I'm not sure where that thing has been but I can tell you with absolute certainty that it will not be going anywhere near my mouth." Emily getting arrested *made* last night's episode, imo. That was classis Emily and I loooooved Lorelei's reaction to it- she seemed more "Lorelei" in this episode than the in the previous ones.

Few observations (yes, I wrote these down becasue I always think of stuff during the episode, then forget after it goes off- I am a dork):

1. Anna's purse- totally empty and it drove me nuts. Stuff some paper in it or throw in a extra coffee mug from the diner. At least pretend like it is her real purse and not something you grabbed form the shelf in the wardrobe trailer right before rushing onto set.

2. Miss Patty- is it just me or has she lost a lot of weight? I didn't notice it in the previous episodes but last night she looked thinner (almost sickly- but that could have been due to bad makeup). Loved her story about the ballerina going Tonya Harding on the other one.

3. Lauren Graham's hair- seems very flat this season. She has a great head of hair but this season, it looks very sad.

4. So, April knows that Luke and Lorelei broke up and she found out from Anna- so how does Anna know? Did he tell her in a previous episode and I missed that?

5. New Rory friends- not giving me a good feeling. And did she have pink hair in the previews for next week? I can't believe that she ended a cal with Logan to hang with them especially after her 1st call to him in the episode. I hope the writer's aren't going to go to a bad place with this. Ugh.
#264 of 771 Old 10-18-2006, 12:17 PM

I noticed miss patty's weight change too and wondered if they would ever mention it in an episode, if it continued to go down.

Lorelei seems more comfortable, more convincing (or maybe just better acting) with Christopher. Last night she seemed to be able to be more *herself* than with Luke.
Anna doesn't bother me, but April does. She seems very...plain...don't know exactly. I never got why she was sprouting an avocado.
Rory's friends ----ohhhhh bad. The tall skinny girl was on Veronica Mars last season, as was someone who works on the Yale paper. But you know, Rory seems so darn young that she seems due for some shake up and maybe these are just the "friends" to help her.
#265 of 771 Old 10-18-2006, 03:13 PM

I don't know if it's just me, but this season is really bugging me. I told DH that I migh thave to break up with GG. I'm willing to give it a few more weeks, though. I HATE the Chris thing. It is beyond annoying. I don't like that he's always the default guy. Lorelei doesn't seem like that type of woman so it annoys me. I'm also getting tired of Rory's perfect life. Of course, I've never been a Logan fan so I've just been waiting for them to break up. I did love Emily, though. It has got to be so much fun to play her. I think right now I'm enjoying the subplots much more than the main story line.
#266 of 771 Old 10-18-2006, 03:29 PM

Yes, the writing and acting (and Lorelai's hair!) was so off this episode. I know the show is under new direction and writers, but I thought the first couple of episodes were pretty good, considering that--so this was a disappointment. I can't figure out what they are trying to do with Lauren Graham's hair? Either blow it out straight and flat iron it, or let it be wild and curly, but this in-between-frizzy-poofy-cemented behind the ears look has got to go!

First thing, April was sprouting the avo seed for "fun" to show what a science geek she was--so that was the purpose of that part.

I thought that the character of Lorelai was written really off last night. I found her annoying rather than endearing and quirky like I usually do. The Emily getting arrested thing was not funny at all--it seemed stiff and fell flat. Even Lorelai laughing at her getting arrested seemed off. And NOT wanting to hang out with Sookie to see Martha take her first steps because Lor wanted to see if Christopher would call? That is not Lorelai. I realize the show is trying to show how she is acting freaky because of the break up with Luke, but in all the years I have watched this show (from the first episode) this did not seem organic to the original character. And also trying to get gossip from Rory about her dad? Just creepy, not endearing at all!

One side note--you spell her name Lorelai. I love the name, but could never name a kid that because everyone would always spell it wrong!
#267 of 771 Old 10-18-2006, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
One side note--you spell her name Lorelai. I love the name, but could never name a kid that because everyone would always spell it wrong!
See, the show didn't even spell her name right. Lorelei was a nymph of the Rhine river and that was 'originally' how to spell it
(origin: Germany).
Guess the show wanted to be different and spell it an alternate way.
#268 of 771 Old 10-18-2006, 05:00 PM

Ditto Liz about the spelling- I always spell it the "correct" way, I didn't realize the tv show spelled it differently http://www.behindthename.com/php/view.php?name=lorelei
#269 of 771 Old 10-18-2006, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Does anyone have an uneasy feeling about the girls rory brought to logan's apartment?
I think they are going to burn it down or something.
Yep, I get the feeling they were going to trash it - they were already showing no respect for anything. They seem very much like a bad element.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdeToJoy View Post
Yeah, April is annoying...but that's pretty close to life. LOL. Some kids are annoying. I had a boyfriend who had a son just like April. Wasn't easy, I tell ya.
As a single mom, I'm sure Anna just didn't have a choice about leaving April with Luke. I mean, finding a 'babysitter' for a day or even two is one thing but finding someone for a week or two would be pretty tough.

I wish the CW had recent GG on video online at their website. NBC does it for some of their shows (is. Heroes).

Does anyone else have a hard time waiting a WHOLE week before GG comes on again?
I cannot for the life of me find the heroes episodes - would you be willing to PM me a link? I can only find the 2 minute replay

And ITA about Luke being the best choice for a sitter while her mother had surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaksma View Post
"Young man, I'm not sure where that thing has been but I can tell you with absolute certainty that it will not be going anywhere near my mouth." Emily getting arrested *made* last night's episode, imo. That was classis Emily and I loooooved Lorelei's reaction to it- she seemed more "Lorelei" in this episode than the in the previous ones.

5. New Rory friends- not giving me a good feeling. And did she have pink hair in the previews for next week? I can't believe that she ended a cal with Logan to hang with them especially after her 1st call to him in the episode. I hope the writer's aren't going to go to a bad place with this. Ugh.
Agreed. Yep, me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthgirl View Post
I don't know if it's just me, but this season is really bugging me. I told DH that I migh thave to break up with GG. I'm willing to give it a few more weeks, though. I HATE the Chris thing. It is beyond annoying. I don't like that he's always the default guy. Lorelei doesn't seem like that type of woman so it annoys me. I'm also getting tired of Rory's perfect life. Of course, I've never been a Logan fan so I've just been waiting for them to break up. I did love Emily, though. It has got to be so much fun to play her. I think right now I'm enjoying the subplots much more than the main story line.
ITA. The neww writing/direcction are not working for me. Everyone still feels flat and wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
Yes, the writing and acting (and Lorelai's hair!) was so off this episode. I know the show is under new direction and writers, but I thought the first couple of episodes were pretty good, considering that--so this was a disappointment. I can't figure out what they are trying to do with Lauren Graham's hair? Either blow it out straight and flat iron it, or let it be wild and curly, but this in-between-frizzy-poofy-cemented behind the ears look has got to go!

First thing, April was sprouting the avo seed for "fun" to show what a science geek she was--so that was the purpose of that part.

I thought that the character of Lorelai was written really off last night. I found her annoying rather than endearing and quirky like I usually do. The Emily getting arrested thing was not funny at all--it seemed stiff and fell flat. Even Lorelai laughing at her getting arrested seemed off. And NOT wanting to hang out with Sookie to see Martha take her first steps because Lor wanted to see if Christopher would call? That is not Lorelai. I realize the show is trying to show how she is acting freaky because of the break up with Luke, but in all the years I have watched this show (from the first episode) this did not seem organic to the original character. And also trying to get gossip from Rory about her dad? Just creepy, not endearing at all!
nod:
#270 of 771 Old 10-18-2006, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
I cannot for the life of me find the heroes episodes - would you be willing to PM me a link? I can only find the 2 minute replay
http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full...s/?show=heroes

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page