Grey's Anatomy - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsmom View Post
Almost forgot the big bomb of the night.....

Is Meredith Pregnant!??!?!?!?!

And are you all sure she didnt sleep with the vet?!?! If she didnt, that means she'll end up with Derek for sure. Esp since Chris Odonnel is only signed up for a few more episodes......
She didnt sleep with the Vet......she said that on a couple occasions, for what it's worth. But, she did sleep wtih George <and the plot thickens>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot about GEORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh sh*t.........
#303 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 11:13 AM

About the whole thing with Izzy standing outside the hospital all day:
I think if my DH died, I would have a hell of a hard time going in to the place where he died, KWIM? I mean, she was so in love with Denny, I can't imagine walking in to that place that is so full of so much pain, if that makes sense.

And I wanted to slap George. Just TALK! He's an adult, and as Callie said, "if you weren't being a toddler and used your words..."

I was really glad Christina finally stepped up to help, because Burke was starting to bother me. He was such a strong character last season, and seems to be taking the "poor, poor me" thing a little far, although that could just be me! It just seemed like as tough as he is, he would have taken a more proactive stance toward his own recovery instead of just sitting around.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#304 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 11:17 AM

What did I miss that would indicate Meridith is pregnant? I hope not.

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#305 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 11:20 AM

Meredith finds out she's pregnant....

In the coming attractions for next week.........

Yea...I get the whole reason why Izzy wouldnt want to go in and Burke for that matter.....its just the whole standing in the same spot from morning till nighttime that was a little much.
#306 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 11:20 AM

Next weeks previews show her thinking she is pregnant and getting an US. I completely forgot about George, I almost want her to be pregnant to see where the storyline would go. And Christina and the chickens were funny. I loved her hacking them in half and then telling him to put it together.
#307 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 11:21 AM

OMIGOD can you imagine if Addison is giving Mer the ultrasound that shows she is pregnant?!!
#308 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 11:23 AM

What a drama-o-rama fest for the writers with this storyline!!! sheesh!
#309 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 11:45 AM

Quote:
She didnt sleep with the Vet......she said that on a couple occasions, for what it's worth. But, she did sleep wtih George <and the plot thickens>
Didn't they stop before he "finished"?
#310 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 11:55 AM

Oh WOW I guess I didn't watch the previews! EEEEEEEK.

#311 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 12:02 PM

Quote:

IS that true??? Anyone know for sure???
#312 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 12:06 PM

i am upset with George. there is no reason to treat Callie like that. its just mean!

and what red-blooded American boy hears "wanna go home for lunch" (hint hint)...and runs to tell his friends that his gf (who just ask for a quick lay) just called HIS home HER home..and sits down to lunch?? please! get over yourself George. I like him, but he's getting on my nerves with how he's treating Callie. i totally agree she's going to be off to bigger and better things.

Mer standing there telling those 2 men they needed to look at HER, not each other was another episode of whining me me me. ok, maybe im projecting and a bit jealous that she has 2 totally hot guys goo goo ga ga over her!!! lol!

poor Izzy.

and Baily! oh man!

and that poor little girl last night. ive heard of that condition somewhere else. i think it was great to show that the foster parents were such loving parents to the little girl (her statement "they are the only ones that dont hurt me").
#313 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 12:07 PM

Yeah I always liked George before but he's acting like a jerk. He's not worthy of Callie.

#314 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva View Post
Funny - DH said the same thing last night. I dont have the seasons on DVD, so I am going purely off memory - but I thought he "finsihed" in record time, and then she was crying -
#315 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 12:16 PM

Yeah I thought George "got there" and was waiting for Meredith but she started crying....
#316 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 12:53 PM

oh wow. i totally missed the pregnancy thing
#317 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisraeltax View Post
Mer standing there telling those 2 men they needed to look at HER, not each other was another episode of whining me me me. ok, maybe im projecting and a bit jealous that she has 2 totally hot guys goo goo ga ga over her!!! lol!
(
I didn't see it that way at all - to me it was a realization to her that *she* is becoming less important to either of them compared to the competition between the two men. Don't get me wrong, I think they both want to be with her, but I also think they REALLY want to outdo the other guy more.
#318 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whateverdidiwants View Post
I didn't see it that way at all - to me it was a realization to her that *she* is becoming less important to either of them compared to the competition between the two men. Don't get me wrong, I think they both want to be with her, but I also think they REALLY want to outdo the other guy more.
I was just telling dh, that whole situation (which I thought only happened in highschool) were you are 'trying to figure out" who you really like, ALWAYS backfires. The two you are choosing between often start looking elsewhere. When the lucky person is ready to choose, at least one of the them is off with someone else . . . at least that was my experience!:
#319 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post

I was really glad Christina finally stepped up to help, because Burke was starting to bother me. He was such a strong character last season, and seems to be taking the "poor, poor me" thing a little far, although that could just be me! It just seemed like as tough as he is, he would have taken a more proactive stance toward his own recovery instead of just sitting around.

I think the way the actor is portraying Burke (someone in his situation) is fantastic! Very true to life IMHO. As far as someone brillant, strong, and suddenly thrown a curve like "he" was-the behavior is really ringing true.
I have real life experience with a similar situation. It is frustrating for both parties involved.
I also love the way Christina is evolving as a person, not just a dr. He needs support, she needs to learn to be supportive
#320 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 01:11 PM

But didn't Mer sleep with George quite a while ago? It's been a couple of weeks since the prom, right? Or no? 'Cause counting backwards, I can't imagine she wouldn't have noticed had George impregnanted her. He was one whole boyfriend (Finn) ago.

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#321 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 01:21 PM

It does seem like its been a while but who knows, its TV and hard to tell timelines. It could have been a month ago but seems more like two.
#322 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisraeltax View Post
and that poor little girl last night. ive heard of that condition somewhere else. i think it was great to show that the foster parents were such loving parents to the little girl (her statement "they are the only ones that dont hurt me").
I heard about that condition on Strong Medicine re-runs. And it is absolutely terrible! That poor sweet girl.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#323 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
But didn't Mer sleep with George quite a while ago? It's been a couple of weeks since the prom, right? Or no? 'Cause counting backwards, I can't imagine she wouldn't have noticed had George impregnanted her. He was one whole boyfriend (Finn) ago.
In the real world, yes - I think she would have known by now. But if I rememebr correctly - It was only a couple weeks after love making (in tv time) that they were not talking, until they apologized to one another during "time out", from cutting the l-vad wire. Fast forward to now, the l-vad wire only happend about 3 weeks ago (in tv time) - am I even close here, or way off?
#324 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 03:48 PM

I love this show! Totally agree about George...way too immature, and really, not so nice. Just say what you want!! My stbx is like this so it really is a sore spot with me .

McSteamy is staying around for a bit, just signed a contract for I forget how many episodes.

The pregnancy storyline seems a bit contrived...and Meredith had been sleeping around after George, so who knows. I thought Christina being pg last season was a great story line, but not again.

I was thinking Burke and Christina may not have much in common if he doesn't go back to surgery. The passion surrounding that seemed to drive a lot of their passion. I think they're both starting to evolve into more complex characters so who knows.

And a question...do people in intern/resident programs *really* sleep around/hook up with each other this much?!
#325 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 03:52 PM

IME, only amongst themselves. I worked in a hospital for 8 years and there's no way in hell that kind of stuff would be allowed because of the power/status differentials. Also, while residency can last years, internships only last a few months to a year at the most (and at least where I worked, interns were only allowed to wear white coats that came to their waists, not down past their butts. It was an easy way to spot them.)
#326 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 04:16 PM

my husband's take on meredith's throwing up in the next episode, is not that she is pregnant, but the strawberry icecream making her sick.
#327 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 05:24 PM

one thing that i really love about this show is that there is never anyone to really root for. every week the characters are written in such a way that you can't help but change your position on every situation.

i doubt very seriously that merideth is pregnant. i had a really hard time getting her relationship with "their" dog, much less seeing that character be able to pull off motherhood.

but i think this whole love/hate thing is why we all love/hate the show. it's slightly better than a soap opera, a little more fantastic than real life, and full of people that we can realte to just enough to keep tuning in.

by far my biggest beef with this show is the COMMERCIALS. good grief!! has anyone else noticed that this is only a 30 minute show? i can flip channels and watch an entire segment of CSI before the commercials on grey's are over.

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
#328 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 05:26 PM

I think it's a 45 minute show. (I fast fwd through commercials with TIVO)
#329 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsmom View Post
IS that true??? Anyone know for sure???
I'm pretty sure he wasn't done yet and asked her if she was ok, and she started crying even harder and he stopped.

The writers' take on George?
Quote:
http://www.greyswriters.com/
And then there’s George, who’s so focused on the girl he can’t think straight. But not in a good way. She’s in his space. It’s one of those you-don’t-have-a-place-to-live-and-we-sleep-together-half-the-time-anyway-so-why-don’t-you-move-in-with-me impulse moves that are always a terrible idea. Terrible. And yet it happens all the time. Particularly in places like New York, where the rent is through the roof, and so it seems totally reasonable to ditch your crappy 6th floor walk-up that you share with three friends and somebody’s unemployed cousin Waldo and move in with your new dude, even though you’ve only had three dates, and you’re not sure what his last name is. I’ve been there. It’s a crappy idea. It never would have occurred to George and Callie to shack up that early in the relationship. But she was homeless and it seemed like the polite thing to do, and suddenly he’s made the offer and backing out of it seems rude and horribly cruel, and yet he can’t handle this. And so he’s a basket case all day. TR’s performance of “Robin, he just marches into the Batcave, like, here I am, give me some tights, I’m gonna borrow your towel” could not have been more fabulous.

R~mama to 3

#330 of 2023 Old 10-06-2006, 06:56 PM

Umm... you know you can get pregnant without the full invasion.: Just the scouts can sometimes do the job

I really don't like that none of these docs can figure out how to use a condom .

Mom to three 14 y.o. rock star grrl, 5 y.o. knight in spazzy armour and baby Juniper, born still @39 weeks 4 days 2-3-10 .

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page