Grey's Anatomy - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 12:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
Callie and McSteamy? Woooo-hoo.... the dirty girl and the hot doc, thats bound to be some wild sex.
Yeah that was awesome - they are so hot together! I'm so glad she finally said goodbye to whiney George.

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#362 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 01:46 AM

-Callie and McSteamy?! Whoa.
-The check Denny left Izzy. Over 8 million $!
-Derek actually walking away from Meredith. (But of course she's running right back to him. *sigh* It'll never end.)
-The dude lighting himself on fire. Um ya. That's not cool.
-I felt really bad for the mama who wanted a natural birth. And I felt mad at the way Alex talked about her...cause you know that's how it happens IRL.
#363 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 02:26 AM

Quote:
I loved the bits with Denny's dad and Izzy. I'm confused about the check though.. insurance? Or was Denny just rich as hell before he got sick? I hope they explain that more next week.
In scenes from last week (which wasn't really scenes from last week) Denny says somthing like, "I've got money but I don'tlike money" plus the way the dad was acting like Izzy was into him just for hte money. . .
#364 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 04:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was flipping between this and the new CSI but I caught the birth thing and I was so disappointed about the way they dealt with the birthing mom. What on earth ?? And Karev was super jerky about the squatting suggestion. Grrr.

My Ds was watching it in another room and came running to the stairs yelling "Mom they are doing a scene about a natural birth pregnant lady or something!"

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#365 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 08:57 AM

The c/s didn't bother me, considering I was *exactly* in that situation when I was in labor with dd - nearly fully dilated, baby still at -2 and not budging after hours - and I ended up with a c/s. It made me feel like I wasn't alone in going through that.

Anyway, go Callie! Boo Meredith! Boo Cristina! Semi-boo to Derek (I think him being the "better man" is a sellout)!
#366 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 09:18 AM

I want to be Callie. I love how she is tough and hot. I love how she is "big" (compared to the other tiny girls) and still considered to be oh so sexy. I want to have sex with McSteamy! Or McDreamy! Or McVet! Oh...sorry - got a bit carried away there. I've been a single mom for three years, and other than some ill-advised "ex sex" two and a half years ago, I've been alone...
#367 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 09:29 AM

What does one do with 8.7 million?

Callie and McSteamy- sexy hot!
George- boohoo for him, he is missing out on a beautiful woman
Meredith and McDreamy- the writing was very very predicatable
Finn- Was he wearing a wig, I know that Chris shaved his head for a future role. His hair seemed very very fluffy. I'll miss my McVet.
The car salesman- Who's allowed to smoke inside of a hospital now a days?
#368 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahogny View Post
I rewound and paused (DVR) and it said it was the trust fund of Denny Duquette Jr.
hmmmmm
#369 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 10:02 AM

well, I don't like callie with mcnotsohot, and I hope george gets his act together.

meredith on morphine - much more enjoyable to watch

birth scene, pathetic, way too predictable. remember how awesome bailey's birth was?
#370 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 10:14 AM

I think the birth scene was very typical of hospital births, and I don't think that natural birth is very well understood. With my first natural birth, I was strapped down to the table the whole time, bracing myself against the headboard when the contractions came. Although I would have loved for them to use the opportunity to educate the world, I didn't really expect that. The vast majority of births are hospital births with varying degrees of intervention and limited movement.

Too bad McVet is gone. I liked him.

Go Callie! I just hope she doesn't get hurt again.

Through most of the show, I had a really hard time understanding what they were saying. The commercials were booming loud, but the show was reeeaally quiet, and I was bf my babe to sleep without a remote, with my older dd singing behind me.
#371 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 10:14 AM

Guess I missed the squatting conversation--can someone fill me in?
I'll have to watch again tonight!

Erin-doula and mama to Ari Beat (4/7/03) and Eli Roots (3/27/06) angel.gif 6/09 angel.gif 10/09 and sweet Bodhi (6/25/11). Now growing #4 who we will meet in October joy.gif
#372 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 10:22 AM

I did see the check was written form the Denny Jr trust - but I dont understand how something like that gets handed over to Izzy - some women (they have never met) who their son (who they have not seen in years) says he loves in a random phone call. This is all soo weird!

I wanted Mer/Der purely for the drama - but he is a whimp. He waited until he was "safe" to be with Mer, and knew he loved her to walk away - you're slimy McDreamy. Maybe you should have walked away when you were married (I know he still is), and your wife DID NOT know about the other women.

Finn is too good for all this high school drama. And yes - hair was extra fluffy last night.

Burke was really making me mad - such a strong, independant, level headed, genious - and you can't speak up and tell Derick and Christina that your hand "is not ok" - come on!

LOVED 2 scenes!~ When Bailey jumped in to talk to burn patient, cause Mc-no bedside manner-Steamy could not put together a coherent sentence if he was forced to. And When Meredith was talking about all my boyfiends are here and was describing what her and George were. I had to pause the DVR I was laughing so hard I cried. George rocked that scene!
#373 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Birth thing aside though (And I don't think it was an anti-natural-birth-plan thing, but rather meant as merely a device to snap Addison out of her mood, and since she's an OB, it had to be a pregnancy related medical emergency)

The Meredith thing was... eh. I'm peeved that she dumped Finn. I wanted her to stick with Finn, and then for Finn and McDreamy to become friends, which would have provided plenty of "weird" for the plot.

Callie and McSteamy? Woooo-hoo.... the dirty girl and the hot doc, thats bound to be some wild sex.

I loved the bits with Denny's dad and Izzy. I'm confused about the check though.. insurance? Or was Denny just rich as hell before he got sick? I hope they explain that more next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnschoolnMa View Post
I was flipping between this and the new CSI but I caught the birth thing and I was so disappointed about the way they dealt with the birthing mom. What on earth ?? And Karev was super jerky about the squatting suggestion. Grrr.

My Ds was watching it in another room and came running to the stairs yelling "Mom they are doing a scene about a natural birth pregnant lady or something!"
ITA with the Addison related emergency....plot line driven....and she was sticking to her guns most of the show about letting the woman have the natural birth even though Karev was all for the section...I totally didn't expect him to act any other way...he IS Karev afterall...just ticked off he's on the "gynie" rotation right now and I DO have a feeling he will miss it after being with jerko pompous Steamy!!!

Denny was a rich rich rich man.......now what will Izzy do with it???? Love the comment from Burke in the preview about her having 2 good hands and not wanting to use them and then her listening to her heart with her scope..I think Denny would be upset with her quitting....

Love Callie inviting Steamy for a nightcap......

I totally thought they would stretch out the Finn/Dreamy storyline a bit more..esp when they chatted about fishing....I thought how perfect....get em on that lake fishing and talking......he has a couple of episodes left.....Wonder what next week will hold with her saying she picked him....
#374 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenSheba'sMom View Post
Through most of the show, I had a really hard time understanding what they were saying. The commercials were booming loud, but the show was reeeaally quiet, and I was bf my babe to sleep without a remote, with my older dd singing behind me.
I had the same problem!! I wonder if there was something wrong with the broadcast.

--jen
#375 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 10:37 AM

I was also annoyed by the fact that the woman who wanted a natural birth was upset that the baby wasn't descending at all but all she was doing was just LAYING ON HER BACK. I mean, considering she chose a natural birth, you'd think she'd be imformed about different poisitions and things like that. I was totally rooting for her but was like thiking, "GET UP AND MOVE AROUND!" Even the husband (very early on) was like, "so what now, squats?" Why didn't they do that, ya know? Or perhaps they did but it only showed her laying in bed. wth?
#376 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Because the intern LAUGHED AT HIM for suggesting squatting!! The were not allowing her to move at all, she had a fetal monitor belt strapped on. If they had a birth plan and wanted natural birth, you'd think they knew better than to allow that! No duh the baby wasn't descending! And THIS is how they portray natural childbirth people? One odd thing, he said patterned breathing but they sounded like a bradely couple. Somebody writing this must have been confused.
#377 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7 View Post
-Callie and McSteamy?! Whoa.
-The check Denny left Izzy. Over 8 million $!
-Derek actually walking away from Meredith. (But of course she's running right back to him. *sigh* It'll never end.)
-The dude lighting himself on fire. Um ya. That's not cool.
-I felt really bad for the mama who wanted a natural birth. And I felt mad at the way Alex talked about her...cause you know that's how it happens IRL.
OMG $8 million?!?!?!?!? DSD got our of bed crying so I missed a bit of the show. I totally missed that. What happened? What did she say when she saw it? I just missed that one part I guess. Fill me in please.
#378 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 11:13 AM

can i just say, i was never a huge denny fan. i mean, nice guy and all but when everyone [greys writers, shonda, etc] were going nuts over the character, i was like 'meh'

BUT i loved his narration at the end, hearing his voice say all those great words last night. i kind of miss him.

and despite george's whiney bad boyfriend behavior, i love that he was holding izzy's hand when she listened to the message.

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#379 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
OMG $8 million?!?!?!?!? DSD got our of bed crying so I missed a bit of the show. I totally missed that. What happened? What did she say when she saw it? I just missed that one part I guess. Fill me in please.
it was what was in the envelope denny's dad gave izzy. george opened it when izzy was listening to the message denny left for his parents and it was a check for 8 million dollars he instructed them to give izzy [i guess, like maybe it was in his will or something] she hasn't seen it yet, that we are aware of. or maybe she has, not sure.

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#380 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 11:17 AM

I love Callie and McSteamy- can't wait til George puts that together.

And Meredith telling Bailey all of her boys were there was funny.

I felt so bad for Finn, but I think it was great when Addison told Derek don't hurt her again. I think he realized the impact he had on both of the women and just thought the best thing was to remove himself from the situation. I wonder what Derek will do when he realizes Meredith called it off with Finn?

Izzy is fantastic! I love her sticking up for herself to Denny's dad. And her facial expressions were just beautiful this episode. Previews for next week look good with Burke telling her off.

I thought Burke took a leave of absence and then all of a sudden he's getting tested to clear for surgery? I was a little confused and really want to see the writers go somewhere with this storyline. Christina needs more scenes just being her cynical self, we're starting to lose her.

And Mer on drugs talking to McSteamy was hilarious.
#381 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 12:01 PM

I was HUGELY bummed out by the natural childbirth thread. Mainly my problem was this woman was just laying there in bed the whole time. ITA with previous posters who pointed out that if you've done the research, made a birth plan, and committed to trying natural c/b, you're going to be up and moving around as a matter of course.

Once the GreysWriters blog gets updated (which it wasn't when I checked a few minutes ago), I definitely think it would be good for people to try to point out that natural childbirth doesn't have to be that way. I know a lot of pregnant women who were thinking of going naturally probably watched that and thought, "No way, Jose!" Some gentle encouragement and advocacy would be really appropriate.

George is being a complete butt toward Callie, but I am really worried about the McSteamy thing. When you think about how G got syphilis from that nurse sleeping with Alex, I can see where this would be the death knell for his relationship with Callie. I'm hoping she gets McS back to the hotel, but then her conscience gets the better of her and she sends him packing. (Another scene with him not wearing a shirt would be really nice, though.)

Our DVR cut out the last couple of minutes to the episode: can someone spell out for me what happened after about midway through Denny's message? I'd really appreciate it...
#382 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 12:12 PM

It really bothered me that they portrayed the mother as being incompetent by pushing her choice. I am even someone who had to give birth thru c-section, so I know that its awesome we have that chance if needed, but they could have been more thougtful of her requests.

And I can't believe she let the vet go!!! He was the better guy.....but maybe too good for her and she couldn't live up to his abilty to care for her emotionally.

love the show!
#383 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 12:12 PM

great. I watched last nite and now I'm hooked.

I have more to say on the natural birth but I cant seem to put my thoughts together.

But I can say, after the bad birth here and bad cio ER scenes, it was not a good tv nite for me.
#384 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 12:32 PM

well, now merideth will be chasing msdreamy now that he "stepped aside"..

glad meredith wasn't pg.

Does anyone know WHERE dennys money came from. I know it was from the family, but how did they get so rich?

I have the feeling that burke is going to end up killing someone in surgery. When he was practicing on the body and christina had to help him they agreed that "no one has to know." I think he's going to mess up in a surgery. He's a cardiac dr. for god sakes!!

I LOVED addison in this episode.

I was sooo WHOA!!! with the fire scene. I didn't see that coming.

I'm not liking Mcsteamys personality so much. He's a pompus a$$.
But....
good for Callie! I think she is strong and awesome!
#385 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 12:37 PM

I agree with the post earlier that they can never decide who their favorite character is because the people keep changing....However....there seems to be one steady on there that doesn't seem to be get enough attention...Miranda Bailey...I have been loving her a long time now...I just love the way she tells it how it is, she is mean and tough...but always has a heart of gold...LOVE HER!

As for Izzy and her new found wealth....I think she is going to do something to honor Denny with it. Not too interesting of a plot for me, unless of course Denny comes back!! ...but for some reason something from a long time ago rings in my head about her wanting to help out people....

Yup Meredith was great on Morphine!! And loved her conversation with Addison!!

George is a dummy and obviously doesn't deserve someone like Callie....but my question is does Callie deserve McSteamy? I get the real creep factor from him...however maybe that will get changed for us. Kind of tacky that Mark and Addison followed Derek to Seattle Grace and that the chief gave the two biggest enemies of his "WORLD CLASS" brain surgeon (Derek) jobs....and his reason is because Addison is THE BEST gyn/ob doctor and Mark is THE BEST plastic surgeon....what are the odds??

Yah Burke get some balls....why are you with Christina if she doesn't even let you talk??? And hello Christina HE WAS SHOT!!!
#386 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 12:38 PM

OOOOOH! Ooooh! Oooooh! ooooh!

I just figured out what Izzy will do with the $8.7 mil!!!!!!

Remember last season where she talked to the pregnant girl, and mentioned that she could give the baby up for adoption? And then it came out that IZZY had had a baby, and gave her up for adoption? She's gonna go find her daughter!

I'm sooooo goooood!

Seriously though, how cool would that be? I mean, she has money now, so she can afford to take time off, and go find the little girl she gave up. I'm not saying I want to see Izzy as a single mommy, but I think it woud be a really amazing storyline for her to find the girl, see that she is alright, happy and healthy, and to give the adoptive parents her contact info just in case the girl wants to find her when she is 18.
#387 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 12:43 PM

I wonder if Izzy will use part of her money to set up a trust for her daughter that was adopted? I would love to see that storyline come back.

Miranda really gave Addison the facts when she said keep her knees together and know that you are not defined by the two men out there. I loved Addison last night.
#388 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7 View Post
I was also annoyed by the fact that the woman who wanted a natural birth was upset that the baby wasn't descending at all but all she was doing was just LAYING ON HER BACK. I mean, considering she chose a natural birth, you'd think she'd be imformed about different poisitions and things like that. I was totally rooting for her but was like thiking, "GET UP AND MOVE AROUND!" Even the husband (very early on) was like, "so what now, squats?" Why didn't they do that, ya know? Or perhaps they did but it only showed her laying in bed. wth?

Not to belabor my point, but...

I was told by my drs that your position can not affect your labor. I couldn't find any good material about natural birthing to prepare with.

Sure, by my 2nd baby I'd found all the resources. But you really have to know where to look for them.

...Like cloth diapering...

If you don't know where to look, you could easily think that gerber birdseye is your only option. And if you're limited to your local stores and bookstores, you may never know about the world of AP.

In fact, I believe few people do know about AP. Although mothering seems huge, it only covers a tiny proportion of the population. I would never assume anyone is clued in, because 95% of the moms I meet (maybe more) aren't.

That said, I loved Miranda last night, too.
#389 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 01:10 PM

The natural birth scene was hard for me.. just recovering from a similar situation (homebirth txfer to c-section for similar reasons). But then again, I squatted and pushed for 13 hours. (and yes the CIO on ER was ick)

I like callie and Mc Steamy... could be good.

I don't think izzy will search for her child. I'm sure it hasn't been 18 years, so the records are closed, right?

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#390 of 2023 Old 10-13-2006, 01:13 PM

I think her adoption was somewhat open because she had a picture of her daughter and she was around 5 or so in school. In the episode where she was talking with the girl from the same neighborhood who was pg, she portrayed adoption as a way where she could go to college and still be in contact with the parents and see her child grow up.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page