Grey's Anatomy - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 2023 Old 10-14-2006, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenjall View Post
but why does the drama always come from the "bad patient" not following orders?

....I still like to complain too
Because the "bad patient" is the majority of the population who goes around following dr's orders as if they are gods.

In our world we're wondering why the patient didn't stick to her guns or squat, etc. Meanwhile the majority of the population is going what took you so long to listen to your dr you idiot.

We're booing, they're cheering and we live in counties where the majority is catered to.
#422 of 2023 Old 10-14-2006, 09:09 PM

too true.....
#423 of 2023 Old 10-14-2006, 10:24 PM

i LOVE LOVE LOVE grey's we talk about it at work constantly. we actually call our boss mcgrumpy and he thinks it is funny. he doesn't watch but know from us everything that goes on.

my favorite line was
"be happy for me i've been loved" cheif's neice (i cryed like a girl) that whole episode made me bawl like a baby. my step daughter who had never seen me cry freaked when she walked in and i was watching she thought something was really wrong lol i would love to know what happened to the cheifs neice.

merideth on morphine was great "all of my boyfriends are here" heehee and "he is a great kisser" what a ego shot for george standing there with mcdreamy and mcvetty. i have never liked george and callie together they just never did fit to me but i absolutely love callie she looks like a real women not a barbie doll. and i think her and mcsteamy are great for a one night thing, but not for long term (just my opinion of course)

christine is one of my favorites i love that she is selfish and arrogant and knows this about herself and likes herself anyway. and burke is her perfect compliment(again my opinion)

bailey is the best "where are my suck ups" i loved that scene!! i think they were trying to show that she was going through a little post partum and it had effected her by making her "softer" due to the extra hormones rushing through her body after she gave birth. still she had moments of the nazi shinning thru.

i can not wait until next episode i think addison will find out about mcsteamy but i think she will be a little jealous?? of course with her mcdreamy and mcsteamy all working together it should make for some really tense moments ahead. can you imagine if derek finds out that mcsteamy went from addison straight to callie--what a rub
alex is a toot, but he got to see how he comes across to others by the way mcsteamy treated him. i hope it makes him realize that he can be a great a surgeon and still treat others with respect (mcdreamy,addison,cheif,bailey).

i love izzy. when she got the number to call with the message from denny omg! she did not even look at the check she could have cared less she just wanted to hear denny's voice again. 8 mil who cares i have the chance to hear his voice one last time boohoo!! what a great chick and as far as favorites go i loved when she stripped down to her skivies to show the others how she had paid for college and that was why she did not have the debt the others had. you go girl!!

chewing my nails down to nubs waiting on next thursday--cant wait!!
#424 of 2023 Old 10-14-2006, 10:59 PM

finally got to see last weeks episode!

i wish they would stop making me cry with the Denny/izzy thing.

and that c/s...well duh,....doesnt take too much to konw she is going to have a c/s if you leave her plugged in and on her back.

i still love the show...but im glad Addison told the intern he's off her stuff.
#425 of 2023 Old 10-15-2006, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisraeltax View Post
i still love the show...but im glad Addison told the intern he's off her stuff.
I think he's really good at OB though.....
#426 of 2023 Old 10-15-2006, 12:35 PM

I would HATE to have Alex as my OB. He might be a "great" OB, but that's using a mainstream definition of an OB. He seems very clinical, and not as compassionate as I would want. His bedside manner usually sucks.

I think he'd be better in plastic surgery. He would revel in giving women big, plastic boobs. He considers them an "upgrade" (was that in Season One or Two?).

But it seems as if the story line is heading him in the OB direction.

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

#427 of 2023 Old 10-15-2006, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann-Marita View Post
yah, because he knew when to do a c-s. he's a fricking rocket scientist.:

R~mama to 3

#428 of 2023 Old 10-15-2006, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I would HATE to have Alex as my OB. He might be a "great" OB, but that's using a mainstream definition of an OB. He seems very clinical, and not as compassionate as I would want. His bedside manner usually sucks.
ita.
#429 of 2023 Old 10-15-2006, 02:34 PM

Quote:
All of which why he'd make a good OB, sad as it is. though IME once a dr goes beyond being a GP or a FP they aren't very compassionate and have zero bedside manner.
#430 of 2023 Old 10-15-2006, 11:56 PM

Chandra Wilson(Dr.Bailey) said in People mag:
"I've gone through 3 childbirths so far, and they've all been wonderful. I highly recommend epidurals, though"

Erin-doula and mama to Ari Beat (4/7/03) and Eli Roots (3/27/06) angel.gif 6/09 angel.gif 10/09 and sweet Bodhi (6/25/11). Now growing #4 who we will meet in October joy.gif
#431 of 2023 Old 10-16-2006, 12:02 AM

SOOOOOO jones for Mcvet! He better come back!! Of COURSE she goes back to 'unavaiable' McDreamy:
#432 of 2023 Old 10-16-2006, 12:02 AM

oops

Erin-doula and mama to Ari Beat (4/7/03) and Eli Roots (3/27/06) angel.gif 6/09 angel.gif 10/09 and sweet Bodhi (6/25/11). Now growing #4 who we will meet in October joy.gif
#433 of 2023 Old 10-16-2006, 10:34 AM

Quote:
I liked that she chose McDreamy. I'm not a McDreamy fan, but I think he was the best he's been this episode. He chose to walk away because he cared that deeply for her and truly wanted her to be happy, I think he deserved to be chosen for that reason.
Yeah, but he also manipulated the entire situation. He called her a whore, told her to get away from him, and treated her generally like a piece of poop he happened to step in when they were together/breaking up before... not to mention the fact that he acted like a complete prima donna about the fact that HE DID NOT TELL HER HE WAS MARRIED. So finally when she is finally moving on with her life, he decides to go back to her, make her fall head over heels in love with him again, and just when she is finally starting to feel good about their relationship... he DUMPS her twenty minutes POST-OP.

Sorry, that doesn't make him a good guy in my eyes at all. He can tell himself and whoever he likes that he is being the bigger person because he wanted her to be happy. Well, she wanted *him*. (Much to my dismay.) So she is NOT happy. He's just being manipulative as always and trying to find a way to pat himself on the back.

I used to love his character btw, before Addison popped up. Once I found out he was married, had lied, and saw the way he treated Meredith... UGH.

I thought Grey's Anatomy was referencing a textbook they use in med school. The textbook in med school though is "Gray's Anatomy."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey's_Anatomy

BTW about Chandra... But, of course, what do we expect? Darnit!!!
#434 of 2023 Old 10-16-2006, 11:48 AM

Quote:

I think he'd be better in plastic surgery. He would revel in giving women big, plastic boobs. He considers them an "upgrade" (was that in Season One or Two?).

I think he's slowly coming around though. He gets softer and softer w/ each baby he sees. I didn't take his happiness as "haha look, I did a section" but rather than "oh I saved this poor tiny humans life".

But, maybe I just see what I want to see?
#435 of 2023 Old 10-16-2006, 12:16 PM

Have you guys been reading the responses to the blog post on GreysWriters? Wow...in the first post (the "We will get a real post up soon, but go ahead and comment" one) there are a few people who clearly had some really bad birth experiences.
#436 of 2023 Old 10-16-2006, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisraeltax View Post
and that c/s...well duh,....doesnt take too much to konw she is going to have a c/s if you leave her plugged in and on her back.

yeah! I was thinking the same thing! If she wants to go vaginal - why is she in bed on her back?: my dh laughed at me for ywlling at the tv
#437 of 2023 Old 10-16-2006, 07:53 PM

At lady in front of me in line at the store was gossiping away on her cell phone--

then I realized I knew what she was talking about--

"then derek told her he couldn't be with her, and she told finn that she doesn't want him even if he's the better guy. . . "

#438 of 2023 Old 10-16-2006, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypixels View Post

I thought Grey's Anatomy was referencing a textbook they use in med school. The textbook in med school though is "Gray's Anatomy."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey's_Anatomy
it is - it's a play on words

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#439 of 2023 Old 10-17-2006, 09:42 PM

What am I doing wrong?! I can't watch it on the website. Has anyone else had trouble seeing it on the website? It starts and then stops.
#440 of 2023 Old 10-18-2006, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBird View Post
:
I was on morphine before I got my appendix out too and it in no way made me act like that. I was sleepy but carrying on normal conversations. She acted more like she was drunk or something.
Ditto, except I was on it after, not before. But like someone said it effects us all differently.
#441 of 2023 Old 10-18-2006, 01:32 AM

I don't know...I'll be the only one to say I'm not nuts about Callie. They just don't fit together - her and George. She and Mark are more each other's type I think. And her super dark dyed hair just annoys me. I'm glad Callie dumped George. He just wasn't that into her and she deserves someone who is. I don't think sleeping around is going to help that though...

I don't see how ******* and Christina could hide his not being in top shape. What's he going to do if someone sees his hand shaking or she can't be there?

I knew she'd pick Derrek. I like them together.

And whoh...8.7 mill. Crazy. Is so sad that they couldn't have married.
#442 of 2023 Old 10-18-2006, 11:40 AM

I'm not so nuts about Callie either. I mean, she seems pretty cool but kinda out of place on the show. (her eyebrows scare me ) But then, I do admit I've only watched one or two episodes so I havent gotten completely involved with any character yet.

It just seems they've made this great character but put her in the wrong show. But that just me....
#443 of 2023 Old 10-18-2006, 02:54 PM

Quote:
And her super dark dyed hair just annoys me
what makes you think it's dyed? Lots of people have hair that dark naturally.

Personally I think there's nothing wrong with having casual sex. They are not going to end up as a couple, it'd be too many triangles for Addison to be in.
#444 of 2023 Old 10-18-2006, 04:45 PM

I could not agree more Carrie. Callie waited and waited on George, through so many "hot scenes" as well, only to be let down by George running off to Izzy, or Mer. The women has needs to ya know - and I think her and McSteamy having casual sex is a-ok.
I personally think Callie is a great character - I love that she is not a size 6, I love how bold and brass she can be, but yet sensitive, and loving. She rocks!
#445 of 2023 Old 10-18-2006, 05:40 PM

I have to wonder if it was a male character like say McVet healing his wounds through casual sex if people would say he was lacking class or was immature or was "sleeping around" (suddenly an isolated one night stand is sleeping around?? )... I tend to think that wouldn't happen. But maybe I'm just cynical like that.

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#446 of 2023 Old 10-18-2006, 06:16 PM

Callie is just too intense for my taste sometimes, but I like the dynamic that the character adds to the show.

And the actress (Sara Ramirez) was in the Broadway show Spamalot before Grey's, and won a Tony for her performance as The Lady of the Lake.

And she was a size 6 while on Broadway, but is a 7/8 now. She said she gained "a lot of weight" when grey's started because on Broadway she was running around constantly, but on a TV show "you just sorta sit in your trailer all day."

Nice to see a "real" woman, although in an interview she did say that it was a shame that being "curvy" was only acceptable on Latina women or African-American women, but not necessarily on other races. A curvy Asian woman, for example, is not accepted as being the norm, unfortunately.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#447 of 2023 Old 10-18-2006, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
And she was a size 6 while on Broadway, but is a 7/8 now. She said she gained "a lot of weight" when grey's started because on Broadway she was running around constantly, but on a TV show "you just sorta sit in your trailer all day."
She seems a lot bigger to me than a 7/8, I don't know why. Probably because ellen pompeo is tiny in comparison.

She reminds me a lot of Xena.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#448 of 2023 Old 10-18-2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
And she was a size 6 while on Broadway, but is a 7/8 now.
That's what I was guessing she was. On tv, everything/one looks so big, even when it's not. I fluctuate between sizes 6 and 8 and I'm sure I'd look huge on tv although in real life I'm pretty normal looking I'd think (not sure, I have a messed up body image). I like Callie, and I like Sara Ramirez, and I like her eyebrows a ton. I just think her bangs are a little too heavy for her and that they distract from intently watching her act. But I think Shonda has kind of indicated that she's that chick in high school who was the rocker chick, so that makes sense to my 80s-teen mind.
#449 of 2023 Old 10-18-2006, 08:49 PM

I'd say she's more around a 14.
#450 of 2023 Old 10-18-2006, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
I'd say she's more around a 14.
And those of us who ARE a size 14 would look like a size 28 next to a size 0.

I got the sizes from an interview I read with her. Can't find the website now, of course, but it was interesting to read.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page