Grey's Anatomy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2023 Old 09-18-2006, 03:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So is anyone out there a Grey's Anatomy fan? It is so wonderfully fun to just check RL for an hour and watch. I so love the show....

I missed the finale because I was busy having a baby, and was thrilled to see they are letting you download it for free off of Itunes. I watched it and want to say wow......

Wanna talk .... re: Mcdreamy, Meredith and the exam room??? WHY????? FINN HAS PLANS!!!
#2 of 2023 Old 09-18-2006, 03:47 AM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show! i am really sad i will miss it now that it moved to thur. but i will watch all the re runs!

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#3 of 2023 Old 09-18-2006, 04:15 AM

I'll sub. I looove this show! i really can't stand Meredith, but i like most of the rest of the characters. I love that Grey's Anatomy had me openly weeping during the bomb in the guy episodes. Snot was flowing that night !

Mom to three 14 y.o. rock star grrl, 5 y.o. knight in spazzy armour and baby Juniper, born still @39 weeks 4 days 2-3-10 .
#4 of 2023 Old 09-18-2006, 04:18 AM - Thread Starter

If you read what the writers and creators say about Meredith, she is intentianly flawed (NAK at 0100 : ) She makes choices I think are nuts, but she has heart.

And really, she was not thinking in the exam room with McDreamy. WHY??? Finn has plans. Can you tell I'm a Finn fan?
#5 of 2023 Old 09-18-2006, 08:35 PM

Yes! I love this show too much! The cast is spectacular and the ensemble acting is brilliant. I think all the characters are pretty flawed (McDreamy, anyone?) but I think it adds to the show rather than detracts from it.
#6 of 2023 Old 09-18-2006, 09:36 PM

Want to watch for one reason *Patrick Dempsey* I rarely watch TV, let alone weekly shows, but find I can resist no longer.

Should I rent the first season to know what's what?
#7 of 2023 Old 09-18-2006, 10:14 PM

Also a major fan here! The writers' blog is really fun to read:

http://www.greyswriters.com
#8 of 2023 Old 09-18-2006, 10:41 PM

LOVE THIS SHOW! can't wait for the new season to start this week!! and the writers blog is great after watching an episode!!!
#9 of 2023 Old 09-18-2006, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlbokay View Post
Want to watch for one reason *Patrick Dempsey* I rarely watch TV, let alone weekly shows, but find I can resist no longer.

Should I rent the first season to know what's what?

Yes! I need to do this too. I watching TV on DVD!
#10 of 2023 Old 09-18-2006, 11:01 PM

YES!

my sister and i have a date to drink cider and eat sushi and watch the 1st grey's anatomy of the season. im so excited. i just hope i can get the kids into bed first

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#11 of 2023 Old 09-18-2006, 11:05 PM

I LOVE this show too! Can't wait for the premiere!
#12 of 2023 Old 09-18-2006, 11:17 PM

I love it, and my mom and I usually talk about it the next morning. Anyone else also love the commercials? I now have The Fray (Saving a Life), Snow Patrol (Chasing Cars), and Rob Thomas (Streetcorner Symphony) on my iPod.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#13 of 2023 Old 09-19-2006, 12:54 AM

They are playing the final episode from last year before the season opener. I can't wait to, once again, see that moment when Izzy is walking down the stairs in her ballgown, flanked by (who was it?) George and the other one, all dressed up in their best suits. Such a beautiful, tragic figure.

But I do NOT want to see Denny die again.

Well, I guess I can't have one scene with out the other.

ETA: I was totally wrong about the day and time, and now I'm confused, so I'm just taking that part out. Sorry.

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

#14 of 2023 Old 09-19-2006, 06:52 PM

Subscribing to this thread. I am SOOOO excited about the new season!!! I don't normally make a point to watch certain shows, I kind of just watch what's on. But then, there's this show.
Can't wait for Thursday!!!

--Single mama, and future foster mama--::
#15 of 2023 Old 09-19-2006, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahinas_mommy View Post
Subscribing to this thread. I am SOOOO excited about the new season!!! I don't normally make a point to watch certain shows, I kind of just watch what's on. But then, there's this show.
Can't wait for Thursday!!!
i had never in my life watched a show and not wanted to miss it.. but i do now.. (i also like house)

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#16 of 2023 Old 09-19-2006, 07:44 PM

I am actually skipping my book club to be home to watch! AND I have Tivo! Yes I am a NERD!
#17 of 2023 Old 09-19-2006, 08:13 PM

I, too, am SUPER excited for this thurs. It can't come soon enough!!!! I want her to stay with Finn. But, I think, she has already ruined it in the exam room. Even if she stays with him it will always be looming and it won't be an honest relationship. And if she stays and tells Finn it will not be as sweet of a romance. If she goes to Mcdreamy, well, alot of the story line is out of the picture. Did Addison "grow" on anyone else? I kind of like her. If they divorce will she still be around?
Too musch to ponder!!!
#18 of 2023 Old 09-19-2006, 09:27 PM

Well, has anyone else noticed that Dr. Weber is comforting what looks to me like Addison incognito--wearing a hat and less-than-perfect clothes--while she's crying inconsolably in the previews? I think this is during the Saving a Life commercial, but not entirely sure.

I honestly don't think there will be a choice made between McDreamy and Finn this week. It'd be too wrapped up. It'll be long, drawn out and when she finally does choose McDreamy he'll be so p.o.'ed it won't work or whatever. It's like the old ER with Julianna Margulies and George Clooney...

I also really really like Addison. I can't imagine her leaving. Someone on an earlier thread mentioned her with Alex. Now that could be hot!
#19 of 2023 Old 09-19-2006, 10:11 PM

I don't think chris O'Donnell is scheduled for too many more eps - I like him though! Also, McSteamy is returning as well...
#20 of 2023 Old 09-20-2006, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann-Marita View Post
They are playing the final episode from last year before the season opener. I can't wait to, once again, see that moment when Izzy is walking down the stairs in her ballgown, flanked by (who was it?) George and the other one, all dressed up in their best suits. Such a beautiful, tragic figure.

But I do NOT want to see Denny die again.

Well, I guess I can't have one scene with out the other.

ETA: I was totally wrong about the day and time, and now I'm confused, so I'm just taking that part out. Sorry.
Tragically, I missed the last episode of last season. : So I am beyond excited to see the whole thing. Yes, I watched the clips on abc.com, and no, it was not the same. Yes, I have heard recaps from any number of sources, and no, that is not good enough!

Thank heavens dh bought Clapton tickets for *tonight* and not *tomorrow* because I'd miss the old one and the new one!

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#21 of 2023 Old 09-20-2006, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
Tragically, I missed the last episode of last season. : So I am beyond excited to see the whole thing. Yes, I watched the clips on abc.com, and no, it was not the same. Yes, I have heard recaps from any number of sources, and no, that is not good enough!

Thank heavens dh bought Clapton tickets for *tonight* and not *tomorrow* because I'd miss the old one and the new one!
Just to make sure, you're set to record last season's 2-hour finale *tonight*, right?

This season's premiere is airing tomorrow night.

alsoSarah

I just happen to like apples, and I am not afraid of snakes. ~Ani d.
These dolls and toys confuse me so; Confound it all, I love it, though!~J. Skellington
#22 of 2023 Old 09-20-2006, 10:44 PM

"Callie" was on The View today as a guest co-host and did a great job - i like her a lot and hope she sticks around this season
#23 of 2023 Old 09-20-2006, 10:51 PM

I'm just sitting here and listening to "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol. Love the song! I want to borrow the first season from my mom (she has the DVD) because I never saw the very first episode, and Shondra made mention of it in the blog, in regards to tomorrow night's episode.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#24 of 2023 Old 09-21-2006, 01:24 AM

OK, somebody help me get un-confused here.

Tomorrow (Thursday Sept 21) is the start of the third season, at 9pm (8 central). And that episode is called "Time Has Come Today".

But the listings for my cable company show that at 8pm (7 central) there is a Grey's Anatomy entitled "Complications of the Heart". This title is not listed as an episode on Season 1 or Season 2, and my cable company is showing that it is "New" and not "Repeat".

So, what gives? What is this mystery episode that is not the new season premier, but it's not a repeat?

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

#25 of 2023 Old 09-21-2006, 07:00 AM

I think it is one of those - "catch up" shows. You know the ones that recap the whole situation so far.
#26 of 2023 Old 09-21-2006, 08:26 AM

Someone please let me know if tonights show is a recap or not. I really need to not show this show as I've been up since 2 am and really need to go to bed with the kids. Please tell me its just a recap!!
#27 of 2023 Old 09-21-2006, 08:47 AM
jkg

wondering the same thing...anyone, it's a recap, right???
#28 of 2023 Old 09-21-2006, 09:40 AM

Tonight (Thurs) there is a recap and then the new episode follows it.
#29 of 2023 Old 09-21-2006, 11:22 AM

Is it on at the same time as Survivor? Anyone know.... The new episode not the recap..
#30 of 2023 Old 09-21-2006, 12:01 PM

The recap ("mystery episode" as I called it earlier) is on at 8, 7 central.

The start of the new season is at 9, 8 central. Tonight!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page