Desperate Housewives: Season 3 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 662 Old 11-27-2006, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann-Marita View Post
I thought that, in missing persons situations, the surviving spouse goes through some sort of legal process to end the marriage.
I think he filed for divorce in absentia (or whatever it's called.)

I was a little disappointed in Gabby for stooping so low to get a "hot" guy. Wouldn't this kind of thing come out in the end? Shari and Amy are going to eventually talk and Shari will tell Amy that Gabby told her to tell Amy to be honest. Crap meet fan!

The next episode is supposed to be 6 months in the future, they're writing Marcia Cross' pregnancy into the show, so this should get interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 662 Old 11-27-2006, 01:58 PM

Yeah Ian is so disgusting- the dinner thing, determining who she can see, etc.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#303 of 662 Old 11-27-2006, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstkid4me View Post
The next episode is supposed to be 6 months in the future, they're writing Marcia Cross' pregnancy into the show, so this should get interesting.
Oh, they are? Cool! Although it is always hilarious when they don't write it in and have to go to great lengths to hide the belly!

So someone please refresh me on Alma. Didn't they show her trying to flee with a parrakeet and Orson caught her and they implied she was killed? Of course, implying ain't doin' so I guess they fooled me
#304 of 662 Old 11-27-2006, 07:17 PM

Ian went from super nice to psycho control man in about 6.2 seconds. Pretty silly.

I totally don't get the point of the pedophile plotline...? Anyone care to enlighten me?

I'm loving Gabby and her new pageant biz. Too funny.
#305 of 662 Old 11-27-2006, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahogny View Post
It was hilarious though when Edie broke up with Mike at the jail. So Edie! I was cracking up!
I know - that was awesome! I was LMAO. "I think maybe we should, like, take a break, see other people and stuff."

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#306 of 662 Old 11-27-2006, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Art sure was creepy, gave me chills.

I liked Ian until now. :

No more shows until Jan! I hate when they do that.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#307 of 662 Old 11-27-2006, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
Art sure was creepy, gave me chills.

I liked Ian until now. :

No more shows until Jan! I hate when they do that.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to forget everything! I better make some Cliff Notes now so I'll be all caught up
#308 of 662 Old 11-27-2006, 10:35 PM

Quote:
OK, so its looking like Art is a pedophile after all but I'm still holding out some hope that he's an undercover cop trying to catch them! Very chilling scene...
I feel for Lynette, she is just trying to help and getting burned deeper each time
There's always the possibility that he told Lynette that to get under her skin. Pedophile or not, if I was accused of something like that and had a lynch mob outside my door I'd move too.

Quote:
Then, when she was late and said she had an emergency, he didn't ask what the emergency was, but just kept going on and on about how awful it was that she was late. He didn't know what the emergency was - what if it was Julie in an accident or something?
She was only 40 minutes late. I think he didn't ask because he knew it was about Mike.

Quote:
Didn't they show her trying to flee with a parrakeet and Orson caught her and they implied she was killed?
Yes. I do wonder though if he didn't do something to her.

Quote:
I totally don't get the point of the pedophile plotline...? Anyone care to enlighten me?
I think to show how Lynette's experience with the shooting is getting to her and she will have a breakdown.

oh, maybe she'll end up going to the mental institution for a psych exam and meet the lady that Orson was talking to and figure some things out.

I cant' remember who asked, but yes Bree met Orson in the institution. He was also Susan's dentist.
#309 of 662 Old 11-28-2006, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post

I think to show how Lynette's experience with the shooting is getting to her and she will have a breakdown.

oh, maybe she'll end up going to the mental institution for a psych exam and meet the lady that Orson was talking to and figure some things out.

I cant' remember who asked, but yes Bree met Orson in the institution. He was also Susan's dentist.
Oh you are brilliant! Yes, this sounds like the next step in the mystery!
#310 of 662 Old 11-28-2006, 11:23 AM

On the website it says there is a show Dec 3rd.

Quote:
Sunday, December 3 at 9/8c
"Listen to the Rain on the Roof"
Rain is falling on Wisteria Lane when we catch up with the ladies six months later. A baby on the way and her marriage on the rocks, Gabrielle finds herself with more than she can handle; Lynette tries to embrace her newly extended family, and Orson's mysterious past begins to unfold.
Oh wait... that sounds like an old show! Must be a repeat.

#311 of 662 Old 11-28-2006, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKitty View Post
Didn't Orson meet Bree in a mental institution? And at the time I thought he said he was visiting his wife... can't really remember too well, it was so long ago. I wonder if he wasn't visiting then but was instead a patient.

I really didn't like Ian's plan of paying for the lawyer if Susan never sees Mike again - I agree it was controlling. The whole thing was odd.
Maybe Orson wasn't visiting anyone, maybe he was checking in with his psychiatrist. Remember when he was after Susan? And then he mowed Mike down with his car. We were all lead to believe he was bumping Mike out of the way for Susan. Can you imagine what a mess that would be, the neat freak who thinks there is a "right" way to do everything with the sloppy spaz? : I think Susan went to Orson as a dentist when she had a problem with a tooth, she met him in the movie threatre. He pretended to be her date when she was there solo, and Mike walked in with a woman, and she didn't want to look like a looser. So she just practically sat on Orsons lap and he played along for her. Then she was typical Susan and left her purse at the threatre so he returned it to her, and gave her his card.
#312 of 662 Old 11-28-2006, 02:41 PM

Good memory AG - I forgot all about that movie theatre incident!

That brings up some interesting stuff to ponder.

#313 of 662 Old 11-28-2006, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artgoddess View Post
Maybe Orson wasn't visiting anyone, maybe he was checking in with his psychiatrist. Remember when he was after Susan? And then he mowed Mike down with his car. We were all lead to believe he was bumping Mike out of the way for Susan. Can you imagine what a mess that would be, the neat freak who thinks there is a "right" way to do everything with the sloppy spaz? : I think Susan went to Orson as a dentist when she had a problem with a tooth, she met him in the movie threatre. He pretended to be her date when she was there solo, and Mike walked in with a woman, and she didn't want to look like a looser. So she just practically sat on Orsons lap and he played along for her. Then she was typical Susan and left her purse at the threatre so he returned it to her, and gave her his card.

How do you guys remember all this stuff!!!!
Is there seriously no more shows till January?

Mom to Ds1 (8 1/2) Ds2 (6) Dd (2 1/2)!!!!
#314 of 662 Old 11-28-2006, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit4ever View Post
Is there seriously no more shows till January?

I know! Ok, right before the next episode, one of you with the good memory, please do a recap to catch the rest of us up to speed
#315 of 662 Old 11-28-2006, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artgoddess View Post
He pretended to be her date when she was there solo, and Mike walked in with a woman, and she didn't want to look like a looser. So she just practically sat on Orsons lap and he played along for her. Then she was typical Susan and left her purse at the threatre so he returned it to her, and gave her his card.
Orson had his own date at the theatre though, and it created an awkward moment when his date showed up and Susan was still trying to get Mike to think that Orson was HER date.

Does anyone remember (or think) that the date was either Alma or Monique?
#316 of 662 Old 11-28-2006, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiZ View Post
I know! Ok, right before the next episode, one of you with the good memory, please do a recap to catch the rest of us up to speed
I imagine they'll do one of their famous "recap" episodes that reviews everything thus far.
#317 of 662 Old 11-28-2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahogny View Post
Orson had his own date at the theatre though, and it created an awkward moment when his date showed up and Susan was still trying to get Mike to think that Orson was HER date.

Does anyone remember (or think) that the date was either Alma or Monique?

Oh I remember! She showed up from getting popcorn or something and Mike was waiting for Susan to introduce her. I really don't remember which one it was, I am guessing Monique but could be way off.
#318 of 662 Old 11-28-2006, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit4ever View Post
It's a curse I tell you. The worst part is I get so pissed off at DP when he forgets things like that and I have to explain it over and over again to him.
#319 of 662 Old 11-28-2006, 05:56 PM

Anyone have the DVD's from last season? I want to know who Orson was on a date with that night now.
#320 of 662 Old 11-29-2006, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKitty View Post
On the website it says there is a show Dec 3rd.

Oh wait... that sounds like an old show! Must be a repeat.
DOH! I think it is!
#321 of 662 Old 12-02-2006, 08:44 PM

Ian was being uber controlling, but he *knew* darned well that Susan was off on some Mike-related goose chase... and having just been told that Edie dumped Mike, you can't blame him for being a little bit nervous. At least, I don't! But overall I like Ian better than Mike. Mike is getting a little bit too confused and sad and wierd for me. His relationship so on and off again with Susan from before was getting boring and I'm still kind of bored by it. : Plus I kinda like rich bad boys who sweep you off your feet.

Though, if I were Susan, I'd also have stood up for myself in that situation... AND with the dinner thing. (I would've said, how about I order food, and act like I cooked it? So, yanno, they will... LIVE? !)

If I were Susan, though, I'd be discussing with Ian what would happen if his wife woke up. Not that he could really predict how he'd feel... but I'd still want to at least discuss it!

Art... SO CREEPY. I'm not glad he's leaving, especially given his super, super creepy parting words. At least there Lynette had a shot at keeping an eye on him.

Hey, related to Alma... how do you explain that police report where he beat her up, too????

No new shows???? Say it isn't so!!!!!
#322 of 662 Old 12-04-2006, 03:49 PM

Ian really lost his appeal for me that last episode. He joked that he thought Susan was lazy (when she asked if he ever wondered why she never cooked.)Then he demanded that she cook to make his parents happy because they are "old fashioned." The whole thing struck me as very sexist. He wants homemade, he can cook!

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#323 of 662 Old 12-05-2006, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
Ian really lost his appeal for me that last episode. He joked that he thought Susan was lazy (when she asked if he ever wondered why she never cooked.)Then he demanded that she cook to make his parents happy because they are "old fashioned." The whole thing struck me as very sexist. He wants homemade, he can cook!
:
#324 of 662 Old 12-07-2006, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I think I would stress "made from scratch" to Ian's parents... not necessarily made from scratch by ME, but made from scratch at say, the local restaurant? (Although shepherd's pie would be REALLY easy for her to make.)
#325 of 662 Old 12-07-2006, 11:31 AM

Quote:
(Although shepherd's pie would be REALLY easy for her to make.)
Her macaroni and cheese in the pilot were inedible so I doubt that.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#326 of 662 Old 12-07-2006, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Her macaroni and cheese in the pilot were inedible so I doubt that.
Ok, well, come on, there's this gourmet cook in Bree across the street, ask for lessons!!! (Not that I'm advocating what Ian did, but cooking is a skill that is kind of needed, kwim?
#327 of 662 Old 12-07-2006, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Ok, well, come on, there's this gourmet cook in Bree across the street, ask for lessons!!! (Not that I'm advocating what Ian did, but cooking is a skill that is kind of needed, kwim?
But if it's a skill that is needed why should the woman have to do it and not the man?

She can't cook. People get sick. But he won't listen to that. He won't listen to Who She Really Is.

(Did you catch how Bree was going to cook the meal but then Bree and Susan had a fight?)

Since she would run back to Mike in a heartbeat, I'm not saying she's the most awesome girlfriend for him either.

#328 of 662 Old 12-07-2006, 03:50 PM

Quote:
But if it's a skill that is needed why should the woman have to do it and not the man?

She can't cook. People get sick. But he won't listen to that. He won't listen to Who She Really Is.

(Did you catch how Bree was going to cook the meal but then Bree and Susan had a fight?)

Since she would run back to Mike in a heartbeat, I'm not saying she's the most awesome girlfriend for him either.
I'm saying that Susan should have been twisting Bree's ear for cooking tips a LONG time ago, kwim? It has nothing to do with Ian, but you're right, why can't he be the one to cook? PLUS, if they were to get married or anything, it's possible that she's going to be expected to quit her job and be the wifey.
#329 of 662 Old 12-07-2006, 04:26 PM

So many men that I know have survived ages without knowing how to cook. Funny how that works. If it was Mike or Ian that didn't know how to cook would you be saying that they should go to Bre for tips too?

And yeah, Ian lost big points with me over that thing. Not only sexist, but lazy on his part. Why wouldn't he offer to cook it with her? I cook and my DP doesn't really (as a result of sexist upbringing) but I can delegate enough tasks to him that are easy, that he learns how to cook and we cook meals together, splitting the work 50/50. I don't really see how that would have been so hard for Ian to do with Susan.
#330 of 662 Old 12-07-2006, 06:09 PM

Quote:
it's possible that she's going to be expected to quit her job and be the wifey.
She is a children's book writer, not a regular job. I doubt she'd quit it.

Besides IF they were to get married, I'm sure that butler/servant he had would do all the cooking.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page