Desperate Housewives: Season 3 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 662 Old 02-14-2007, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
The Mike connection probably has to do with Mike knowing that Orson is a dentist (from the jail stint) and Orson was afraid that Mike would spill about him being in Monique's house and the missing teeth would tie him to the cover up.
Everyone knows he is a dentist though, he was Susan's dentist. The 2nd part about Mike seeing him in the house though I believe is why.
#422 of 662 Old 02-14-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
Everyone knows he is a dentist though, he was Susan's dentist. The 2nd part about Mike seeing him in the house though I believe is why.

Everyone knows he's a dentist, but everyone doesn't know he was in Monique's house. They also at the time didn't know about the affair he was having with her.

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#423 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 02:59 AM

So Alma's finally, actually dead. Good riddance. I didn't like her character. Although I LOVED Dixie Carter's character, Gloria Hodge. She's now completely paralized. Hm...wonder if that's a way to bring back her character eventually (after some medical miracle).

I'm glad that Mike is no longer under suspicion. But do they know that Mother Hodge did it? Or did Orson point the finger of blame at Alma?

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

#424 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 09:05 AM

So do we know everything now? Absolutely everything? What about Orson running down Mike?

Is that simply because Mike was the plumber on the job, and he thought he might recognize Orson? I don't follow that, b/c Mike didn't know that Monique was dead and had no reason to suspect anybody or even be bothered with it (she was just a one-time customer) until he got arrested for it, and that didn't happen until he was in the hospital.

When Mike first appeared at Monique's door, Monique said, "Someone I know recommended you." Who was that? Is that the missing link?
#425 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
When Mike first appeared at Monique's door, Monique said, "Someone I know recommended you." Who was that? Is that the missing link?
Didn't she say, "my landlord recommended you"?

I dunno, I think they wrapped it up pretty well. It's totally plausable that Mommy Dearest put the pressure on Orson to do something about Mike, just in case.
#426 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 01:30 PM

I dont' think this is the end of the Orson/Mike/Monique tale. The police still think Orson tried to commit suicide. They're going to investigate since he keeps saying he didn't. They found his footprints on his car but that wasn't the only car he ran over.

I think Orson running down Mike has more background that we'll see.

Yes it seems like he was setting Alma up as the one who killed Monique. I wonder if Mother Hodge is going to have a "miraculous recovery" from her stroke and be able to at least talk again and then spill the beans blaming Orson for Monique's death/Alma's fall.

I wonder if they are ever going to bring it out that Andrew ran over Mrs. Solis?

How interesting that Orson & Danielle are so much alike, inspite of no blood relation.
#427 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 01:39 PM

YEah, I still don't get why they had to blame Mike. He didnt' see anything. I understand pointing the blame on him; ie. they gave him the bloody wrench and it'd be nice to have a scapegoat. But, Mike didn't connect Orson to Monique except for that one visit, right?

I missed a couple of episodes--is Susan w/Ian but just a diff. actor? Did his wife die just of natural causes? Sorry, but I'm tired of Susan & wouldn't be sad if Mike moves on.

Impressed w/Andrew--why the turn-around; ie did he find salvation while gone?

Gabby's storyline w/Zach is cute. I assume he's over 18 now?

I bet the pizza restaurant will succeed--I see lots of potential stories coming from it.

Fun show

eta Did anyone else get the feeling they're setting up Orson; ie. the way the narrator talked about his life flashing before his eyes at the end, I was sure he'd be killed before walking in his front door at the end.
#428 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 03:30 PM

Last nights episode was so good! I loved the bickering between Tom and Lynette and then how they made up, so sweet. I laughed out loud when Carlos came over to check up on Gabby and all those people walked out with her chairs and you could tell Carlos was torn over which mystery to start with first

I guess they had to wrap up all the Alma/Mother Hodge stuff fast cuz of Bree being on bed rest? They did that really well I thought - but I agree, not totally wrapped up! Plenty more mystery to uncover!

And that was soooo hilarious about how Carlos was trying to tell Gabby about how she would have known if she and Zack slept together :
#429 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
And that was soooo hilarious about how Carlos was trying to tell Gabby about how she would have known if she and Zack slept together
those were mental images I really didn't need.lol Zack is creepy and his too thick "bad toupee" hair makes it worse.

Quote:
eta Did anyone else get the feeling they're setting up Orson; ie. the way the narrator talked about his life flashing before his eyes at the end, I was sure he'd be killed before walking in his front door at the end.
yup. I got the feeling that whatever he was expecting was no longer going to be there.

Quote:
Impressed w/Andrew--why the turn-around; ie did he find salvation while gone?

Gabby's storyline w/Zach is cute. I assume he's over 18 now?
When Andrew was gone he had to do some prostitution type things in order to survive. That changed him. I do not believe he needed salvation, therapy to deal with his uber-controlling mother but not salvation. He came to realize why his mother is the way she is. I don't think he has ever truely trusted Orson and is now protecting his mother.

Zack is over 18. Even though he is older than John was, I find the storyline creepy. He is a serial killer in the making.
#430 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 04:45 PM

Yeah, it's like they're trying to make Zach adorable; ie. what a cute story line but I do see him as creepy.

INteresting parallel btw Orson and Andrew; ie. both have over-protective & controlling mothers.
I just know we'll hear more about Orson's past. Too much too quickly last night. But, I do believe he just learned that his Mom killed his dad rather than suicide. And,the implied incest? ewwww
#431 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMommy View Post
Yeah, it's like they're trying to make Zach adorable; ie. what a cute story line but I do see him as creepy.

INteresting parallel btw Orson and Andrew; ie. both have over-protective & controlling mothers.
I just know we'll hear more about Orson's past. Too much too quickly last night. But, I do believe he just learned that his Mom killed his dad rather than suicide. And,the implied incest? ewwww
WHoa - implied incest? What did I miss? :
#432 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 08:11 PM

I missed the incest implication too.

#433 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiZ View Post
I laughed out loud when Carlos came over to check up on Gabby and all those people walked out with her chairs and you could tell Carlos was torn over which mystery to start with first
They used to bug me, now they are my favorite story line.
#434 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 09:17 PM

It was during the flashback when he found his dad dead in the tub. He told the hospital psych ( who brought up his stay in the psych ward years earlier) that then his mother made him ??? something???(learn to be faithful or something?) and would occasionally demand special "things" or "requests" of him. Deliberately vague with that "meaningful" look and pause....
#435 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 09:17 PM

I didnt' get the implied incest either.

however I think there is a bigger parallel between Danielle & Orson than Andrew & Orson. Danielle is very much into herself and only cares about herself, which is what Orson said he was like. What happened with Danielle leaving was exactly the same as what happened with Orson left his Dad instead of staying. Andrew otoh was more revenge against his mother but he has always cared about her, even when he was at his worst.
#436 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 09:22 PM

Watch the re-runs for that exchange--pretty sure. But, yeah, ITA about Danielle. They built it up that she left to go out partying (just like Orson) when she was supposed to stay and take care of her parent. I thought it was great when Andrew came tearing up the stairs to save Bree.

So, was Mama Hodge from that old show Designing Women? I've been trying to place her. She was great. Hope she becomes de-paralyzed. How COLD it was for Orson to turn her head to watch him walk away...
#437 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:

So, was Mama Hodge from that old show Designing Women? I've been trying to place her.
Yes.

Her name is Dixie Carter.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#438 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 11:38 PM

Quote:
It was during the flashback when he found his dad dead in the tub. He told the hospital psych ( who brought up his stay in the psych ward years earlier) that then his mother made him ??? something???(learn to be faithful or something?) and would occasionally demand special "things" or "requests" of him. Deliberately vague with that "meaningful" look and pause....
I took it to mean that the "special things/requests" were things like covering up Monique's murder, or maybe even running over Mike Delfino? He could have tried to kill Mike to cover his own a**, or maybe he mother had him do it because they did give him back the wrench, which had the blood on it--and if he were dead he, obviously, couldn't explain what had really happened, and it would make it look like he did it. But yeah, back to the original point I don't think they were implying incest there.
#439 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 11:40 PM

Hmmmmm....could be....Either way, I hope we'll find out.

Yep, that would make sense to kill Mike so he can't prove his innocence!
#440 of 662 Old 02-19-2007, 11:46 PM

Quote:

Yep, that would make sense to kill Mike so he can't prove his innocence!
This might be one of those things that everyone else knew all along, and I'm just now getting it, It confused me for the longest time.

Anyone see on the commercials that Danielle "Vandetramp" is preggers?

I loved Carlos' lines tonight. "I'm going to warn the Scavo boys"
And I liked how Tom got choked up when talking about Lynette at the opening. Now that's romantic.

I'm probably the last person on Earth that would like to see Susan back with Delfino. I can't even explain it--they just make sense to me somehow.
#441 of 662 Old 02-20-2007, 12:29 AM

Quote:
I took it to mean that the "special things/requests" were things like covering up Monique's murder, or maybe even running over Mike Delfino?
That's what i took it as too.

Quote:
Anyone see on the commercials that Danielle "Vandetramp" is preggers?
yup, saw it on the preview and after the show did all that stuff with Austin/Susan's dd about using a condom and after the aunt(completely blanking on names here,lol) got Susan's dd the pill.
#442 of 662 Old 02-20-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaley View Post
I'm probably the last person on Earth that would like to see Susan back with Delfino. I can't even explain it--they just make sense to me somehow.
I would love to see them back together, I like them as a couple. She's all spacey and flakey and he's more serene and deliberate - it's cute.

#443 of 662 Old 02-20-2007, 11:43 AM

Does anyone else think that Zack is going to do something to Gabby for rejecting him? It wouldn't be the first time he has done something over rejection. Then Carlos will come in and save her(I can see Zack possibly trying to kidnap her). Then they'll both realize how much they mean to each other and get back together.
#444 of 662 Old 02-20-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKitty View Post
I would love to see them back together, I like them as a couple. She's all spacey and flakey and he's more serene and deliberate - it's cute.
I think Susan and Mike are totally hot together.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#445 of 662 Old 02-20-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
I think Susan and Mike are totally hot together.
Me too! But Susan has always been one of my favorites. I'm not feeling the Susan hate. OTOH, I have never liked Lynette much while everyone else seems to love her.
#446 of 662 Old 02-20-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
...How COLD it was for Orson to turn her head to watch him walk away...
I loved that scene... especially 'cause he didn't look back. Maybe I'm cold, too, but if I'd just realized that my mother had killed my father & made me feel like I was responsible for it for my whole life, on top of everything else she'd done, I'd react the same way. :

Bye, bye & good riddance to mommy dearest!

I do wonder if the reason that they tied up the storyline so quickly is because Marcia Cross has been ordered on bedrest. They ended up moving production to her house & filming several scenes there. I bet they would have spread it out over a few more episodes if MC was available for shooting more scenes. Now they've sent them off on a belated honeymoon so they don't have to explain her absence for the rest of the season.
#447 of 662 Old 02-20-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artgoddess View Post

Originally Posted by KiwiZ
I laughed out loud when Carlos came over to check up on Gabby and all those people walked out with her chairs and you could tell Carlos was torn over which mystery to start with first

:
#448 of 662 Old 02-20-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymholly View Post
I loved that scene... especially 'cause he didn't look back. Maybe I'm cold, too, but if I'd just realized that my mother had killed my father & made me feel like I was responsible for it for my whole life, on top of everything else she'd done, I'd react the same way. :
Ditto that.

Quote:

:
And that.

#449 of 662 Old 02-20-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I do wonder if the reason that they tied up the storyline so quickly is because Marcia Cross has been ordered on bedrest. They ended up moving production to her house & filming several scenes there. I bet they would have spread it out over a few more episodes if MC was available for shooting more scenes. Now they've sent them off on a belated honeymoon so they don't have to explain her absence for the rest of the season.
I think so too!
#450 of 662 Old 02-20-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
Does anyone else think that Zack is going to do something to Gabby for rejecting him? It wouldn't be the first time he has done something over rejection. Then Carlos will come in and save her(I can see Zack possibly trying to kidnap her). Then they'll both realize how much they mean to each other and get back together.
Oh, I like this! I hope it happens!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page