Heroes?? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1170 Old 10-16-2006, 03:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wondered if that guy in the bar was her husband too.....
#62 of 1170 Old 10-16-2006, 10:52 AM

wow I never made the connection- guy in bar/ nikkis husband.... chills!!!!!! :

Mom to 3 Married to geek.gif for 10 wonderful years luxlove.gif
13 af.gif 9 goodvibes.gifand 6coolshine.gif

#63 of 1170 Old 10-16-2006, 12:07 PM

wait wait wait, what guy in what bar? We had to download the first episode, I taped the other one. (Have there only been 2, or have there been 3?) omg, is it possible we missed one?! Or I was too distracted to really watch it.

oh my oh dear. and it's on tonight....

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#64 of 1170 Old 10-16-2006, 06:09 PM

***stops in tracks.

Never occured to me that the guy in the bar could be her husband. Something to think about tonight.
#65 of 1170 Old 10-16-2006, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Huh. I suppose the kid does look like he could. Maybe he will have Hero powers someday, too.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#66 of 1170 Old 10-16-2006, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnBreeze View Post
wait wait wait, what guy in what bar?
When Sergeant (?) Matt Parkman goes to the bar he listens in on everybody's internal comments. He looks at one guy (he's African American) and hears absolutely nothing, and the guy is staring at him. And, as observant people here pointed out, his pendant had that shape on it that's been showing up else where.

#67 of 1170 Old 10-16-2006, 11:07 PM

Smocking gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you guys see it??????????? Officially this show is the KING OF CLIFFHANGERS
I love it! What did you guys think of the ending? What did the Simone's vision mean?
I'm dyeing to know other's opinions.
#68 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 03:24 AM

OMG this episode rocked!
Future Hiro looked like a bad@ss!
and what about that quote at the end?
"Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
eeeeek! I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what next week will bring! I love this show.

oh and it hadn't occured to me either that the creepy guy from the bar could be Nikki's husband... that would make next week's preview that much more interesting, seeing as how he would have then been looking at his own wife laying there in bed with the politician.... I bet he is.. it would make total sense.

~Stephanie )O(

DS- 07/01 & DD- 09/05 & DD- 12/07 & DS- 10/13

#69 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 03:25 AM

Hey, I want a smocking gun! I could sew all kinds of pretty blouses.

See my new signature.

#70 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 08:36 AM

I love Hiro. Future Hiro- WOW. I'm wondering how far in the future he is from? I giggled when the cowboy punched him though after his friend went off at the mouth.

LoL at Nikki's- "Nikki isn't here right now" when she kicks that guy's ass in the elevator. I was begging that they wouldn't show her heel going through his head. I'm getting pretty annoyed with that stupid symbol already.

I want Peter's power. I wonder how that will work when he meets up with the guy from the bar.

And vigilante justice is never okay. But I'm not shedding any tears over a serial rapist.
#71 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 12:02 PM

I wonder if the tattoo is Nikki's, or just her alter-ego's?

DH and I were about "Nikki isn't here" too.

When the show ended we both went WHAT!!!??? Noooooo!!!!

Gotta love a show that picks you up, spins you around, and leaves you gasping for more. Can't WAIT for next week.
#72 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post
When Sergeant (?) Matt Parkman goes to the bar he listens in on everybody's internal comments. He looks at one guy (he's African American) and hears absolutely nothing, and the guy is staring at him. And, as observant people here pointed out, his pendant had that shape on it that's been showing up else where.
Yes! I didn't get to come back before we watched, but as soon as they did the recap, I was like OH duh, the guy from the bar! silly me. I will have to play my tape today when ds isn't in the room (open autopsy) and check out his necklace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpyr View Post
OMG this episode rocked!
Future Hiro looked like a bad@ss!
and what about that quote at the end?
"Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
eeeeek! I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what next week will bring! I love this show.
Yes yes yes. Hiro was a huge suprise (and quite attractive now

I too am eager for next Monday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post
See my new signature.
Fantastic sig line!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by splendid View Post
LoL at Nikki's- "Nikki isn't here right now" when she kicks that guy's ass in the elevator. I was begging that they wouldn't show her heel going through his head. I'm getting pretty annoyed with that stupid symbol already.

I want Peter's power. I wonder how that will work when he meets up with the guy from the bar.

And vigilante justice is never okay. But I'm not shedding any tears over a serial rapist.
I was so glad she didn't heel him. I was like "tell me when it's over" and dh was like "I'm not watching that either!"

Peters power ROCKS! I can't wait to see him with the 'mind blocker', that should be interesting

And I'm glad Claire did SOMETHING, but I wasn't really expecting her to kill him!! Sheesh.

Simone had a vision?? Yeah, I'm gonna have to watch it again before I tape NCIS tonight (if that's even on)

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#73 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 12:40 PM

More thoughts:

Wonder what kind of scar Peter end's up with?
And did anyone else notice the infamous symbol on future Hiro's sword, my dh pointed that one out.
#74 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 01:07 PM

alright....scooby needs to hurry up and be over so I can send the kids to play for a bit while I investigate this dang symbol!!

#75 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 01:43 PM

Eeek! I didn't think the cliffhanger from last week (autopsy) could be beaten by anything but last night's show was just amazing!

Interesting thought about bar guy. That hadn't even crossed my mind.
#76 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 02:47 PM

I Love this show! It is so great! My husband and I have been watching since the first show. I just have time for one comment now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htw90 View Post
We are all hooked at our house! Does anyone else think the silent guy is the mob ladys husband?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
I wondered if that guy in the bar was her husband too.....
The guy who attacked Nikki in the elevator is her husband. When she has her heel on his head she said-"If you threaten our son again, I'm going to put my heel through your skull, do you understand?"
I 'll come back later with more comments/questions.

Take Care,
Erika:
PS-You can go to NBC.com and watch the entire episode online.

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail..."
"I am learning all the time, the tombstone will be my diploma"- Eartha Kitt
#77 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaDP View Post
The guy who attacked Nikki in the elevator is her husband. When she has her heel on his head she said-"If you threaten our son again, I'm going to put my heel through your skull, do you understand?"
I 'll come back later with more comments/questions.
Ummm, that was not Nikki talking. She was talking about hers and Nikki's son when she said "our."

The guy on the elevator... not black. Ergo, NOT Nikki's husband.

Nikki's husband/MIL... black.
Nikki's son... obviously mixed-race.
#78 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

I also thought Nikki's alterego was referring to herself and Nikki when she said "our"..Interesting..

Interesting to see a different side of Nathan too..talking about flying over the desert..He's been a jerk up until that point..

And Hiro was AWESOME on the train!!! I thought that was him but I wasn't sure!

This show is fantastic!!! A real cliffhanger every week..

It's funny to see Hyden Panatere (sp) on this after seeing her in Disney movies..Too cool!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#79 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 04:51 PM

In that painting guy's vision, Claire was running away from someone and looked to be frightened.. which would seem strange considering she's indestructible. Was she faking her fear to lure someone towards her or was she genuinely afraid become someone turns up who can actually inflict permanent harm on her?
I'm also wondering how she's going to explain her miraculously healed wounds to the ER staff after that car wreck... or lack of serious injury after such a severe crash..

~Stephanie )O(

DS- 07/01 & DD- 09/05 & DD- 12/07 & DS- 10/13

#80 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 06:10 PM

I really like this show too. I was wondering how they were going to handle Claire's idenity in the autopsy room but that worked out, now lets see what happens in the er. One injury per episode so far for her, glad she's not my daughter .

Nikki's husband has not been on the show yet. The guy in the bar is someone totally different. The actor that plays her husband was on Buffy as one of the army guys. I also liked it when the "other Nikki" said not to threaten our son. It seemed like Nikki was in control until that guy threatened her son then kick butt Nikki took over to protect the family ( and make good on the deal, yuck!)

Too bad Issac is hooked on heroin, that is getting old fast....
#81 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 06:28 PM

Quote:
In that painting guy's vision, Claire was running away from someone and looked to be frightened.. which would seem strange considering she's indestructible. Was she faking her fear to lure someone towards her or was she genuinely afraid become someone turns up who can actually inflict permanent harm on her?
I'm also wondering how she's going to explain her miraculously healed wounds to the ER staff after that car wreck... or lack of serious injury after such a severe crash..
My theory is that that painting takes place kind of far into the future when she's discovered the truth about her dad (isn't she adopted?). She's running from him. It's notable that the painting takes place the high school amphitheater.

I also assume (dangerous, that) she will heal and run away before emergency personel get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazmir View Post
Too bad Issac is hooked on heroin, that is getting old fast....
I agree. He needs to learn how to meditate and get into the zone without drugs.

#82 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm sure there is someone she'll fear. The black man could stop Matt's power so he might be able to hurt Claire. But I guess it could go either way..

Who was the man who punched Hiro in the alley? Was it the same man that is Claire's father's henchman? They looked similar..

Also I recognized Hiro and his friend. They were both on Gilmore Girls at one point. I knew they looked familiar!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#83 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 07:46 PM

I saw it for the very first time last night. It looks interesting...but I feel lost because I haven't seen it from the beginning.

Perhaps I'll be able to learn more at nbc website.
#84 of 1170 Old 10-17-2006, 11:52 PM

yeah I took that as nikkis alter ego referring to "their" son, the guy in the elevator is not the father of her son.
#85 of 1170 Old 10-18-2006, 12:14 AM

Is there anyway that Chandra Suresh is also Sylar? It just seems weird that when Sylar tried to grab the little girl we didn't get to see his face. I take that to mean at some point we will get to see his face, and it will be a surprise.

So I started trying to figure out who he could be. So far the only person that I can think of linking to Sylar is Mohinder's father. They had that thing about some kind of mixup at the morgue with his body. Maybe there's something fishy there, and he's really not dead, just turned into Sylar. Kinda like how Niki has the alter ego, maybe he had Sylar as an alter ego, and not it took over, and faked his death.

Both of their houses were covered in books, and he had a key to it in his book. It just seems like there's too much of an overlap to not be something there.

Liam.
#86 of 1170 Old 10-18-2006, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
...The guy on the elevator... not black. Ergo, NOT Nikki's husband.

Nikki's husband/MIL... black.
Nikki's son... obviously mixed-race.
Kathryn,

I am married to a Black man(who has two Black parents)that has the same coloring as the man on the elevator-Blacks can be all different skin colors and hair textures.
And speaking as a brown-skinned brown-eyed Black woman who has a blue-eyed son and a green-eyed daughter, both of whom are very fair skinned (and their father is my husband), I can tell you that having a certain skin color(or eye color) as parents does not mean that your children will have the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz
I also thought Nikki's alterego was referring to herself and Nikki when she said "our"..Interesting...
And Stacey(and some other posters here),

I didn't think of it from this perspective when I first saw the episode. Interesting indeed...

Take Care,
Erika:

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail..."
"I am learning all the time, the tombstone will be my diploma"- Eartha Kitt
#87 of 1170 Old 10-18-2006, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

I read in TV Guide today that Nikki's husband will be introduced next week and that he'll be a full-time cast member and have special powers as well...They said it will be a Mr and Mrs Smith type thing (but with super powers) with them trying to kill one another when they intro him..They also said his powers had something to do with the cops being able to not hurt or touch him!

#88 of 1170 Old 10-18-2006, 02:05 AM

Erika , unfortunatly I didn't get to watch it (again) before NCIS taped tonight...

but, the guy on the elevator, who she was about to pierce through the skull w/ her heal...yeah, he...to me...looked like a white guy with strawberry blonde to red hair.

But I only saw him the one time, so I could be mistaken.

#89 of 1170 Old 10-18-2006, 08:55 AM

A reminder- You can watch the latest episode on the nbc website. Just click on Video's.
#90 of 1170 Old 10-18-2006, 10:28 AM

I watched Mondays last-night. Pretty crazy! I loved seeing Hiro (future hiro!) and how he said "you look different without your scar" Huh??? And spoke perfect English VERY COOL show! I'm so curious to see where they are going with all of this! "Save the Cheerleader save the world" or whatever....

Mom to 3 Married to geek.gif for 10 wonderful years luxlove.gif
13 af.gif 9 goodvibes.gifand 6coolshine.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page