Heroes?? - Page 39 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1141 of 1170 Old 05-22-2007, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEZMama View Post
Was Sylar ever around Candace? Maybe he can shapeshift like she does, and he turned into the roach?
Remember when Sylar was captured by Mr. Bennet (Noah)? There was a roach in his cell! I wonder if the roach was the bad bogeyman that Molly is afraid of.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#1142 of 1170 Old 05-22-2007, 02:18 PM

I know this is a random thought but is it possible that Hiro's dad is the ancient warrior guy?
#1143 of 1170 Old 05-22-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Heather*** View Post
I thought it's GodSend
You could be right. I wanna still know for sure, though.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#1144 of 1170 Old 05-22-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyGrl View Post
I know this is a random thought but is it possible that Hiro's dad is the ancient warrior guy?
That's what dh and I think.

#1145 of 1170 Old 05-22-2007, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I thought it's GodSend
It's two characters that mean 'great talent' and 'godsend'. And Godsend was the name of the episode where Hiro finds the sword.

From Wiki: Hiro's Sword

Quote:
In episode 12 ("Godsend") the symbol appears on the sword hilt and Ando Masahashi remarks that it appears to be a combination of two Kanji characters: 才 (Sai) meaning "Great Talent" and 与 (Yo) meaning "Godsend". During an interview at the Wizard World in Los Angeles, writer and Co-Producer Aron Coleite stated that it literally means “God sending great ability.” Writer and co-executive producer Micheal Green stated that the writers know it as "the helix"[14]. This symbol frequently appears as a pattern formed by mundane objects, but it also recurs on certain plot-significant items and on several characters

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#1146 of 1170 Old 05-22-2007, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamma Mia View Post
Also, has anyone ever seen Peter use two powers at once? Perhaps that's why he can't fly and explode at the same time. The scene with him and Sylar fighting and Mohinder on the ceiling- he was invisible for part of that. Did he ever use another power while invisible? That's the only thing I can think of.
That is the only thing I can think of as well, but I was just so convinced last night that he would fly up himself. DH was too. I kind of feel like this was a weak ending, deliberately heavy-handed to stir emotions based on our reactions to a situation that shouldn't have been that way, given their powers. I mean Claire not wanting to shoot him in the head when she has done horrible things to herself, and she couldn't even be sure the bullet wouldn't just go through his head and he would regenerate. And the fact that both Peter and Hiro could come to the square with such precision...it was pretty dramatic, though.

Quote:
I'm also secretly hoping that Nathan let go of Peter when he exploded and jetted away only to come back and catch him. I don't think P exploded either, I think he sent out nuclear energy away from him. The whole regenerating thing doesn't have to be important, IMO, since we never saw Ted get hurt from his nuclear activity. I mean, he would at least have burns on his hands or something.
Nathan should have been seriously burned from grabbing onto Peter, however. The only reason Claire was able to survive was her regeneration ability.

Quote:
Was Sylar ever around Candace? Maybe he can shapeshift like she does, and he turned into the roach?
But Candace was still alive at the end, or at least not killed by Sylar. Sylar gets his powers when he cuts out their brains. How inconvenient. If he had Peter's ability to get powers, wonder if he still would have killed everyone.
#1147 of 1170 Old 05-22-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
Ando said last week what it meant. It was 2 characters together and they meant something. I have the episode still and will watch tonight.
And that symbol was the tattoo on Jessica's shoulder.
#1148 of 1170 Old 05-22-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I don't understand WHY Clare couldn't shoot Peter. She does all kinds of damage to herself and knows that she'll be fine, but she can't shoot Peter? Come on. Although I do get it that Nathan sacrificed himself to prove to himself and others that he was really a good guy. And that by taking care of it, he stopped Clare (his daughter) from having to do the job. It was touching.
It's one thing to injure yourself, something else entirely to shoot someone you care about, even if you know in your head it won't hurt them or is for the greater good. I like that she didn't have to shoot him, it preserves her innocence - she and Molly Walker are the only two innocents left on the show. Even Micah has had to knowingly do something morally questionable with his ability.

Quote:
I thought Molly and Micah were cute together. I hope for both their sakes they get to be friends. If must be hard growing up with a super power.
I bet Niki and DL adopt Molly...at least for the time being. It makes sense - they already have a similarly aged, talented child, are more than capable of protecting her, and her parents are dead.

One thing I didn't like though...when Niki fought Candace, and knocked her out, Candace faded back to the brunette; in (I believe) last week's episode, Candace implied several times that the brunette wasn't her true appearance. When Micah said he had a cousin who was huge, she muttered under her breath that so was she...also her speech about how Linderman was going to heal the world, she kinda teared/choked up when she talked about being judged by the way you look. Made it seem like the brunette was just another mask.
#1149 of 1170 Old 05-22-2007, 03:38 PM

For the record it is Candice not Candace. :
#1150 of 1170 Old 05-22-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJamie View Post
One thing I didn't like though...when Niki fought Candace, and knocked her out, Candace faded back to the brunette; in (I believe) last week's episode, Candace implied several times that the brunette wasn't her true appearance. When Micah said he had a cousin who was huge, she muttered under her breath that so was she...also her speech about how Linderman was going to heal the world, she kinda teared/choked up when she talked about being judged by the way you look. Made it seem like the brunette was just another mask.
I'm still in awe over the last episode,.....

Maybe she's just used that form for a basic appearance for so long it's just kinda locked in that that is the one she reverts to...if that makes any sense...
#1151 of 1170 Old 05-22-2007, 05:52 PM

re: Sylar's eyes/flashes... I slowed it down and watched them in slow motion. They were actually visions of what appeared to be the past. It looked to be mostly of people who he had killed (including his mother). It ended with a picture of himself lying there.

As for Candice... I thought the same thing that she would be a bigger girl. But maybe, her issues were just that of low self esteem and thinking she is bigger/uglier than she is. Afterall we did not see her face... she could be scarred or whatever and therefore insecure about how she looks and her body. Something like that would make sense considering what her ability is and maybe even making a correlation that sometimes these "heroes" develop abilities that they NEED because of some faults with themselves (physically or subconciously).
#1152 of 1170 Old 05-22-2007, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEZMama View Post
And that symbol was the tattoo on Jessica's shoulder.
Yes. And the symbol within Mohinder's computer thingie.

#1153 of 1170 Old 05-23-2007, 01:27 AM

Hmmm, I thought Candice's face was pretty clear and that it was the same character she was. We were bummed that she didn't revert back to the black woman from when she took Micah to the voting booth.
#1154 of 1170 Old 05-23-2007, 01:32 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by splendid View Post
For the record it is Candice not Candace. :
Cool, thanks for the info.
#1155 of 1170 Old 05-23-2007, 01:36 AM

Oh oh oh, eewe eewe eewe oh oh oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a thought today as I was contemplating my lawn and how much i am grossed out by the fact that there seems to be a roach problem.... I reflected back to a couple recent threads here on the TAO about roaches and it was mentioned that roaches can live for a looooooong time without their heads....

SO....

If Sylar really did get roach powers, it wouldn't have mattered if Hiro cut off his head. He could have lived anyways!!!

Eeeewe icky eewe eewe!!!!
#1156 of 1170 Old 05-23-2007, 01:43 AM

I am in possession of the original Heroes pilot script. Fascinating stuff in there.

For one, they originally had Nathan running for District Attorney, not Congress. And Sylar was introduced in the pilot and was a priest. And there's this big monologue about the resiliency of the cock roach and how it is immune to radiation and can live without its head.

DL is in the first episode too and is just finding out he has powers to phase and all that. And Nathan and Linderman are hanging together! And Peter and Nathan are twins. the big drama in the first episode was Mama Petrelli getting arrested for shoplifting. hahahah. CAn you imagine?

Crazy stuff huh? Would have been a whole different kind of season if they had aired this version. It was Ethan and Harrison instead of Peter and Nathan.

And the stuff about the cock roaches is all over the place. I think it was meant to suggest something.
#1157 of 1170 Old 05-23-2007, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Pavlina View Post
I am in possession of the original Heroes pilot script. Fascinating stuff in there.

For one, they originally had Nathan running for District Attorney, not Congress. And Sylar was introduced in the pilot and was a priest. And there's this big monologue about the resiliency of the cock roach and how it is immune to radiation and can live without its head.

DL is in the first episode too and is just finding out he has powers to phase and all that. And Nathan and Linderman are hanging together! And Peter and Nathan are twins. the big drama in the first episode was Mama Petrelli getting arrested for shoplifting. hahahah. CAn you imagine?

Crazy stuff huh? Would have been a whole different kind of season if they had aired this version. It was Ethan and Harrison instead of Peter and Nathan.

And the stuff about the cock roaches is all over the place. I think it was meant to suggest something.

Wow!!! That is so interesting!! You are right, it would have been a whole different show....Mamma Petrelli a shoplifter....Ethan and Harrison :

So, you gotta tell us all how it came to be that you have the original pilot script!!!
#1158 of 1170 Old 05-23-2007, 09:01 AM

If you get the DVD, one of the features is the original pilot to the show.

They kept the part about Mama Petrelli shoplifting (remember she stole a pair of socks), it would have made more sense if Nathan was running for DA.
#1159 of 1170 Old 05-23-2007, 01:06 PM

A friend of mine sent me the original script.

I also have the original Lost pilot but the one I have is the same as the one they showed.
#1160 of 1170 Old 05-23-2007, 02:02 PM

Nathan as DA... I like that. But it makes more sense that he's a congressman. It's a faster approach to the presidency.

And yes, ewww! Yuck! *shudder* Sylar the headless psychopath. If that's the case then the only way to destroy him is to chop him into little tiny bits.

Maybe he'll metamorphosize into a giant cockroach while he's in the sewers.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#1161 of 1170 Old 06-05-2007, 01:19 AM

I have to admit, I'm still confused as to why Mama Petrelli was shoplifting socks in the first episode.

Mama to Munchkin  and Chickadee ...and co-parent to 3 additional bundles of energy!
#1162 of 1170 Old 06-05-2007, 02:18 AM

New graphic novel about the Hatian..... that is if you can wait between every fraking page while they play an ad for silver Surfer :
#1163 of 1170 Old 06-05-2007, 11:13 AM

I use adobe to read the graphic novel for that reason. No ads.
#1164 of 1170 Old 06-05-2007, 05:35 PM

I have never gotten an ad in the graphic novels..... maybe its my adblocker on firefox?
#1165 of 1170 Old 07-05-2007, 09:27 PM

anyone reading the graphic novels? So Candice was a Betty. Interesting.
#1166 of 1170 Old 07-05-2007, 11:47 PM

I'm not reading the graphic novels! Tell me, whats a Betty? I have to know!!!!
#1167 of 1170 Old 07-06-2007, 07:53 AM

This one (its a 4 parter) deals with the origins of Candice. Her name is really Betty.
#1168 of 1170 Old 07-10-2007, 12:33 AM

Oh, I'd totally forgotten about the graphic novels! I didn't even realize they'd continued with them, so thanks for reminding me! I'm caught up now - I knew there was something about her true appearance!
#1169 of 1170 Old 08-04-2007, 10:31 AM

mark your calendars:

Quote:
Heroes' second season kicks off Sept. 24 at 9 p.m.
#1170 of 1170 Old 08-06-2007, 12:33 AM

August 28: Heroes The first season DVD

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page