The official Lost *Season 3* thread. (This thread WILL contain spoilers!) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
handcuffs can do damage very easily without struggles....trust me... many years of doing civil disobedience

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#62 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

Also what the heck did they do to Kate? Why were her wrists so beat up? Did they assault her?
pretty sure it was the handcuffs, nothing more than that. I really don't think they (the writers) would all of a sudden start alluding to sexual assaults at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jest View Post
Remember the polar bear from the first season.
I always thought the polar bear was a manifestation of Walt's mind. When he was thinking about them they appeared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookGoddess View Post
I noticed the book the Others book group led by Juliette was a Steven King book. Was the book The Stand? I'm almost positive it was that. That would make the most sense given the talk about free will and goodness. It would also be an interesting foreshadowing of the battle between good v. evil.
ooooh, I love The Stand, but I didn't get a good look at the book cover. I've often thought of a good/evil stand off in Lost, so it would be a good fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbliss View Post
I also watched seasons one and two on dvd, and really couldn't believe all the commercials. Are there usually that many?
I watched it today (thursday) at www.abc.com and there were no commercials, which was odd because there are usually a few breaks for commercials, not as many as real tv though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmace View Post
She was on ER. She was the psych doctor that had a relationship with Carrie.
I knew I rocgnized her from somewhere, but was thinking Ross's ex-wife on Friends. I still have to look her up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
the book was Carrie.
Ooooh, Carrie. Ummm, haven't read it, saw the movie though. The Stand makes more sense, thematically, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr View Post
Oh where oh where is Chersolly? She always has the good spoilers.
: I miss her here too.

R~mama to 3

#63 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 04:29 PM

Ah, glad its back! I wasn't too thrilled at first...but the more I think about it the more I like it.

One comment: what's up with Juliette and Benry? He wasn't invited to book club. He bailed on her when Jack opened the water door. Her icy response to him at the end of the show when he complimented her on her work with Jack.

BTW, I think Jack finally came to terms with wanting to know the name of Sarah's new man. He had a chance to ask his name of Juliette, but instead asked if she (Sarah) is happy. I also think that he's definitely dealing through daddy issues. His outrage at AA seemed to have spriraled his dad back into drinking, and his death.
#64 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 04:34 PM

A friend sent me an enlarged still and the book is definitely Carrie.
#65 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 04:37 PM

You can see a close up of the book cover and many other screenshots/ enlargements here.
#66 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsybitsy25 View Post
I was really confused between the blonde women- I thought Juliet was Penelope, and then she also looks like Sarah :
Ugh! Me, too!

Was Sarah played by a different lady or am I trippin'?

Maybe she just looks different now that she's not recently post-op?
#67 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrabelly View Post
Ugh! Me, too!

Was Sarah played by a different lady or am I trippin'?

Maybe she just looks different now that she's not recently post-op?
Sarah is and has always been Julie Bowen http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0100866/ she was on Ed and will always be Carol Vessey to me.

R~mama to 3

#68 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnr3301 View Post
I always thought the polar bear was a manifestation of Walt's mind. When he was thinking about them they appeared.
But they also showed polar bears in the Dharma orientation film, when the guy was mentioning the different "projects".

Mom to DS March '05 and : DD Feb. '08
#69 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 06:00 PM

You girls are making me feel better.... i thought i was the only one to get all those blondes confused!! why do the yall have to have the same shade of blonde and length of hair?!?!

#70 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbegonias View Post

One comment: what's up with Juliette and Benry? He wasn't invited to book club. He bailed on her when Jack opened the water door. Her icy response to him at the end of the show when he complimented her on her work with Jack.
I think the Others have personality clashes (and possibly disagreements over other matters) within their ranks just as the Losties and Tailies do. The book club discussion clearly showed hostility between Juliette and the fellow who raised objections to the Steven King book they were to discuss. Perhaps it's not just Benry with whom she has issues.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#71 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Sarah is and has always been Julie Bowen http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0100866/ she was on Ed and will always be Carol Vessey to me.
OK then I'm just trippin'
#72 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr View Post
Oh where oh where is Chersolly? She always has the good spoilers.

No kidding...I've been wondering. Anyone?
#73 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 06:38 PM

Quote:
She's also Denise on Boston Legal.
#74 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Nope, Sawyer shot one while they were all trekking through the jungle. The French chick also made reference to one when she was holding Syid in her bunker ("if we're lucky, it will only be the bears....").

Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do. Because they're FAST.
#75 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 11:08 PM

yeah, where is chersolly? I was expecting her to be the one starting this thread!
#76 of 694 Old 10-06-2006, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsybitsy25 View Post
yeah, where is chersolly? I was expecting her to be the one starting this thread!
she's on another forum with me and I know she's had a death in the family, as well as some other stuff. I'll let her know people here miss her.

R~mama to 3

#77 of 694 Old 10-06-2006, 10:03 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss, Chersolly....

Many hugs!
#78 of 694 Old 10-06-2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
speaking of the french lady (danielle) why doesnt she know that the others are livign so well...shes been on the island 16 years.. and why did she kill her crew..b/c they were infected but that whole infection hing went out the window when desmond discovered his old partner was lieing....
I still believe that Danielle is one of the Others.

Quote:
I also thought that Downtown was the same song that Desmond was listening to. But Juliette was upset when she was hearing the song. She looked like she was trying to hold it together and not cry.
I am betting that there is some history between Desmond & Juliette that we'll see in flashbacks.

Quote:
at first i thought juliet was penelope...they looked alike to me..but now looking back not really...
who is Penelope?

Quote:
I forgot all about the French chic - or is she part of all this. Seems strange the Others would just let her live - yet Ben aka Henry Gale would allow himself to be caugt in one of her traps - if they are so in control of the island.
Again why I think she is part of the Others. It was a way for them to get him into their camp for more information.

Another question - why right after the plane crashed did Henry/Ben(is his name really Ben I missed that?) tell Goodwin & Ethan to make thier lists. They obviously had a plan prior to the crash. That plane was supposed to crash.

Why hasn't Desmond surfaced again? Is he also part of the Others???

Quote:
the book was Carrie. I saw a few screen shots already....
I think the writers threw the Stephen King thing in as a way to keep us busy trying to guess. There were so many comparisons to other SK books why not keep us guessing. The only part of Carrie that fits in is the telekinesis which would fit with Walt and his possible ability to make things happen(the bird hitting the window when readng the book, the polar bears coming when he's reading the comic)

Quote:
Then in the aquarium, with the hallucinations and fatigue and dehydration (which Juliet attributed to the drugs they gave him) he ended up having more Daddy issues by hearing the "let it go" thing on the intercom. Last time he had Daddy issues was also when he was dehydrated, fatigued, and hungry. Remember they hadn't found fresh water, and he was spreading himself thin trying to save everyone.. voilà, he hallucinates his dad in the jungle! Incidentally enough his dad led him to fresh water. Do you think his dad might somehow get him out of this mess too?
Were they hallucinations though??? Jack is not the only person who saw someone in the forest. Could Juliette have told Jack that the intercom doesn't work but that actually they were talking to him to break him down?

Quote:
Zeke mentioned the bears though and one of them(Locke???) killled a polar bear.
#79 of 694 Old 10-06-2006, 12:15 PM

penelope was desmonds love..she was at the very end of the episode in season 2..she answered the ohone when the guys from antartica or whatever called..

#80 of 694 Old 10-06-2006, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookGoddess View Post
I wouldn't even be surprised if the "escape"' attempt Jack made and the subsequent flooding were all expected. It seemed like a set piece. I'm sure she expected it. She had to.
I missed this when I first read this thread, but dh and I rewatched the episode last night and this is exactly what I was telling him. Alex (dh) was asking why feeding him wasn't a 2-person job, why they didn't expect an escape, and I told him it must be b/c they DID expect it. We were also commenting on how if the water was coming in directly from the ocean, it would be coming in much faster, harder and they would not have been able to close the door. I think they knew it wasn't going to kill anyone, but wanted to scare Jack and make him THINK he nearly killed everyone.
#81 of 694 Old 10-06-2006, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
Why hasn't Desmond surfaced again? Is he also part of the Others???
Isnt Desmond the one who was below the hatch and turned the switch - i would imagine he is dead. I am wondering if the same is true for Mr Echo and Locke??
#82 of 694 Old 10-06-2006, 12:20 PM

Quote:
ITA with whoever said this episode rocked in the beginning but bot dull after that. That first scene rocked my world (is that sad? ) but the rest of it seriously could have moved faster. And the whole thing about Jack and his wife? Eh. And when he asked, "Is she happy?" - too cliche, IMO.
I changed my mind last night - I think originally I just didn't like the Jack stuff b/c it bothers me to see him like that.
#83 of 694 Old 10-06-2006, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomSquared View Post
Isnt Desmond the one who was below the hatch and turned the switch - i would imagine he is dead. I am wondering if the same is true for Mr Echo and Locke??
I doubt it. Desmond has been made an "official" cast member this year - not just a guest star - and I've heard the man who plays Locke say that he and Eko have more character interactions this season. I think they all survive the thingie in the hatch.
#84 of 694 Old 10-06-2006, 12:32 PM

Quote:
We were also commenting on how if the water was coming in directly from the ocean, it would be coming in much faster, harder and they would not have been able to close the door. I think they knew it wasn't going to kill anyone, but wanted to scare Jack and make him THINK he nearly killed everyone.
I was thinking the same thing. It was so easy to repair the damage. How could something under the ocean not implode from the pressure when he opened the door. How could the water be cleaned out by the touch of a button? I was thinking that it somehow raises it above the sea level, but that does not even matter. Would they really be able to shut the door behind them with all that rushing water? It almost has me wondering if he hallucinated the whole thing.

As for hallucinations I was never convinced that everything with his dad was a hallucination. I mean it most likely was, but his dad's body was not even in the coffin. Remember when Kate and Sawyer both saw the horse that she saw when she was in the car. How could two people hallucinate the same thing? If these things are not hallucinations, then that makes the story line almost too far fetched. How would they know each person’s history so well? They would have to know insignificant details that have much meaning only to the person. YKWIM? How would they know that Jack's father kept saying "let it go" or that the horse had spiritual significance for Kate?

I wish we knew more!
#85 of 694 Old 10-06-2006, 12:35 PM

to chersolly
#86 of 694 Old 10-06-2006, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I doubt it. Desmond has been made an "official" cast member this year - not just a guest star - and I've heard the man who plays Locke say that he and Eko have more character interactions this season. I think they all survive the thingie in the hatch.
Here, I found the thread where Terry O'Quinn says that:
http://www.thefuselage.com/Threaded/...ad.php?t=57338
#87 of 694 Old 10-06-2006, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbliss View Post
I also watched seasons one and two on dvd, and really couldn't believe all the commercials. Are there usually that many?

I agree that Juliet is doing the good cop bit of the gcop/bcop routine, but why does she look so familiar? Have we seen her before? I was interested in her file on Jack, how did they get all that info?

I also thought that the other caged guy was a plant, a little experience designed to show Sawyer that escape was futile, and the others definitely have the upper hand.

I thought we had too many Jack flashbacks, and not enough current stuff. Okay, haven't checked out any of the websites, but now I have to wait a whole week for the next commercial laden experience? I should have waited to get into Lost until after the whole 7 seasons were done .
I could have typed this post word for word.

I debated up until the show started if I wanted to wait till the DVD came out or watch on TV. I couldn't wait so here I am.

You all have some wonderful discussions going on. I love the site with the pictures (where we see that the book is Carrie)

I thought that Ben/Henry looked a little annoyed about the book club or the selection of book. Did you notice that?

I am with all of you that thinks something happened to Kate. I don't think just the act of being in handcuffs would break her spirits *that* much. I am not hinting at rape either...perhaps she was told some of the stuff that is going to happen in the "next two weeks" Why didn't she eat? I just think that there is something more that went on/was said with/to her that we don't know about.

I really, really want to know about the other Losties!
#88 of 694 Old 10-06-2006, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candipooh View Post
I am with all of you that thinks something happened to Kate. I don't think just the act of being in handcuffs would break her spirits *that* much. I am not hinting at rape either...perhaps she was told some of the stuff that is going to happen in the "next two weeks" Why didn't she eat? I just think that there is something more that went on/was said with/to her that we don't know about.
I wonder if something happened also, but I got to thinking that it is just the act of being betrayed, captured, forced to wear someone else's clothes (losing your identity), and then the news that the next two weeks was going to be worse. Then we she saw Sawyer she could not hold back the defeated feeling anymore. The whole line the Ben/Henry gave about wanted her to look like a lady and eat with a fork like a civilized person was very strange. They are doing all behavioral tests so far on everyone. Sawyer's cage was the classic Skinner or Pavlov behavioral test model. Jack's was a little different, but still they conditioned him with negative reinforcements (flooding the room) to get the response they desired. It would make sense that they told Kate her supposed fate just to elicit a response. They could be testing how strong the stimulus must be to get the conditioned response they want...which is compliance. I think I am taking a long time to say that I would not be surprised if they did something to her, but I also think her response is normal for the situation without any other provocation.
#89 of 694 Old 10-06-2006, 02:01 PM

to chersolly..... playing devil's advocate here.....when can she come back? or does she want to? Please send her my best!

All I kept saying thru the episode was WTH??!! I'm really not understading that the book would be carrie....besides telekinesis.

I agree they're behavioral "tests" Remember Walt said "they made me do tests" Michael yells "tests, what tests.." something like that
#90 of 694 Old 10-06-2006, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadege5 View Post
I'm really not understading that the book would be carrie....besides telekinesis.

I agree they're behavioral "tests" Remember Walt said "they made me do tests" Michael yells "tests, what tests.." something like that
I do not get the book choice either. Why is it Juliette's favorite book? The books have always been so revealing. What does this book reveal? I have the same thoughts about the music. She is almost in tears when she puts on Downtown on (I am not sure if that is the title, but I think you know what I am talking about), and then she is cheered up by the music. Is she sad about the impending fate of the passengers on the plane or because she is on an island. Why would that song help her? Does it remind her of her past? The music, like the books, have always been revealing, but I am having a hard time understanding these two.

With Walt remember the woman said that they got more out of Walt then they ever expected. I thought the test were somewhat straight forward because a child understood he was being tested. I do not think Walt would have recognized behavioral tests in this form.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page