The official Lost *Season 3* thread. (This thread WILL contain spoilers!) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 694 Old 10-08-2006, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrabelly View Post
Ugh! Me, too!

Was Sarah played by a different lady or am I trippin'?

Maybe she just looks different now that she's not recently post-op?
I thought they were the same person until the last scene of the show. It seriously took me that long to figure out it was not Jack's wife on the island. I kept wondering why he wasn't saying anything to her.

But now I'm wondering is Juliette desmond's girlfriend? The one who was alerted at the end of the last season? Or would that have been at the same time as the plane crash. I need to watch the reruns again and reorientate myself, it's been too long a break.
#122 of 694 Old 10-08-2006, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candipooh View Post

I am with all of you that thinks something happened to Kate. I don't think just the act of being in handcuffs would break her spirits *that* much. I am not hinting at rape either...perhaps she was told some of the stuff that is going to happen in the "next two weeks" Why didn't she eat? I just think that there is something more that went on/was said with/to her that we don't know about.

I really, really want to know about the other Losties!

I think kate was probably just trying to wrestle with the handcuffs, especially under the table with Benry. She is like that. Same as for why she didn't eat. I think she is stubborn.
#123 of 694 Old 10-08-2006, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookGoddess View Post
I kinda wish Sayiid had been captured. He would have known in two seconds flat what was going on. I miss my Sayiid. :

Oh my gosh, for a minute there I had forgotten about Said *drools*
#124 of 694 Old 10-08-2006, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
The Wednesday before the new season premiered, they did a catch-up episode that recapped season 1 and 2, and was narrated by Benry (great name BTW). I only caught about half of it but it was all the important parts thrown into an hour and voiced-over with creepy Benry insinuations.
Really? I must locate it on my tivo tonight, i am recording all lost episodes.
#125 of 694 Old 10-09-2006, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mara View Post

But now I'm wondering is Juliette desmond's girlfriend?
No, that's Penelope. Comepletely different women.

Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do. Because they're FAST.
#126 of 694 Old 10-09-2006, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrabelly View Post
You know, this has been bothering me since I rewatched it, so I went to abc.com and played it a couple times and it seems to me that everyone runs outside and you can't really hear the plane yet, no one is looking up yet and THEN Benry runs out, looks up, everyone else looks up and THEN you hear and see the plane.

Looks to me like he knew where to look for some reason and everyone else just followed his lead.
I watched it again and I still don't get it. I'm torn. On one hand you have a point - they do go out looking up as if to expect a plane. But on the other hand, HOW would they have known? The plane crashed because Desmond and Kelvin got in a fisticuff and Desmond didn't push the button, which breached the electromagnetic field and sucked the plane from the sky.

Since Desmond doesn't know of the "Others", I find it hard to believe that he was in on it.

I just don't know. Hard to speculate at this point.

My theory is that the Others (Benry and friends) are different then the Dharma Initiative people. I think, somehow, there was a split. I think the "incident" will be explained, and I think it will have something to do with why the Others are so hostile.

Think about it.. why would a group of free thinkers want to get all Utopian on a hippy island with their play groups and then start killing people and kidnapping children? Something, somewhere, went wrong. Really wrong.

Oh the mysteries of Lost!

#127 of 694 Old 10-09-2006, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsybitsy25 View Post

Northof 60- when was Walt in Hurley's mental institution flashbacks? i totally don't remember that!
I tried to find it and couldn't, so maybe it's not true. I could have sworn I saw it in a Lost special which showed a bunch of Easter eggs, but I guess maybe I was wrong (which almost NEVER happens.. LOL. ).

#128 of 694 Old 10-09-2006, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Of_60 View Post
My theory is that the Others (Benry and friends) are different then the Dharma Initiative people. I think, somehow, there was a split. I think the "incident" will be explained, and I think it will have something to do with why the Others are so hostile.

Think about it.. why would a group of free thinkers want to get all Utopian on a hippy island with their play groups and then start killing people and kidnapping children? Something, somewhere, went wrong. Really wrong.

Oh the mysteries of Lost!
The way Juliet said (in regards to the Dharma Initiative) "That was a long time ago." made me think that they were all together at one point and then there was a split over something.
#129 of 694 Old 10-09-2006, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp127 View Post
The way Juliet said (in regards to the Dharma Initiative) "That was a long time ago." made me think that they were all together at one point and then there was a split over something.
She also said something about "it's not who we were, it's who we are now" (or something to that effect). Yep, makes me think something happened.

#130 of 694 Old 10-09-2006, 11:07 AM

Just checking in here. I didn't get to watch the first episode until Friday and then have been catching up on this thread!

I agree with the PPs who pointed out that everyone ran outside and THEN saw the plane--the plane crash was not the earthquake.

I also agree that so many similar looking blondes is confusing. Bring on the brunettes!

Looking forward to this week's episode and subsequent discussion!
#131 of 694 Old 10-09-2006, 11:51 AM

Quote:
No, that's Penelope. Comepletely different women.
Oh my gosh, then that is three women that all look the same!!! Why would they do that!!
#132 of 694 Old 10-09-2006, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mara View Post
Oh my gosh, then that is three women that all look the same!!! Why would they do that!!

Because gentlemen prefer blondes.
#133 of 694 Old 10-09-2006, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyhead View Post
the plane crash was not the earthquake.
Right, the "earth quake" was the system failure that Desmond caused. And since they knew what to do and seemed so calm about it, it makes me wonder how many times it has happened.

#134 of 694 Old 10-09-2006, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Right, the "earth quake" was the system failure that Desmond caused. And since they knew what to do and seemed so calm about it, it makes me wonder how many times it has happened.
This. I think Benry had experienced similar things - maybe involving the balloon, or the plane Yemi was on. I imagine that's how he knew to look up. Or maybe he'd been told to expect something like this, but maybe he didn't know when? Just that they knew there would come a time that the button wouldn't get pushed? Just talking outta my butt here
#135 of 694 Old 10-09-2006, 04:27 PM

Quote:
HOW would they have known? The plane crashed because Desmond and Kelvin got in a fisticuff and Desmond didn't push the button, which breached the electromagnetic field and sucked the plane from the sky.
The only thing is that the plane was off course for two hours before the breach in the electromagnetic field. The breach might be why it crashed, but it was already outside of the radar orbit for two hours. Also, for the plane to have been sucked in then that would have to be a really strong force...right? But, the people on the beach did not feel any force when Locke broke the computer, and Desmond had to release the magnatism manually.
#136 of 694 Old 10-10-2006, 12:04 AM

I think the similarities are between Sarah (Jack's ex) and Juliette are intentional..He'll fall for her at some point..Still hoping Jack and Kate get together..He's so dang HOT!!! I was drooling when he was climbing all over the cell trying to find a way out!! :

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#137 of 694 Old 10-10-2006, 01:08 AM

I think something did happen to Kate. After she told Sawyer that they made her wear that dress, they exchanged an interesting look. That's when she looked really defeated. She couldn't have come right from breakfast on the beach, or she would have told Sawyer to keep his gross fish.

Maybe they will try to impregnate her, but invitro? They seem to like the children.

I watched it today for the first time, I had to wait because I just started watching it from the beginning a few weeks ago. I thought it was a bit of a letdown, but maybe I'm spoiled from the dvd's.

Why do you think, when they called Penelope, they said "we found it". What was she having them search for? If it was for Desmond, wouldn't they say "we found him"? I bet she is looking for something that has nothing to do with Desmond.
#138 of 694 Old 10-10-2006, 01:13 AM

I said to dh when originally watching it they were taking her to the man they'd mate her with. Impregnating her would not make much of a storyline, though sinc ethe show moves so slowly she'd be pregnant for the next 14 seasons or so.

I think Penny was looking for the magnetic anomoly - they guys she hired may not have any clue WHY she wants to find it.
#139 of 694 Old 10-10-2006, 09:31 AM

i was kinda wondering too sincethey took kate,jack and sawyer and even made refernece to her asking about sawyer before jack...do you think its some kind of funky experiment to see which man she chooses?
jj abrams said this season she will pick.....

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#140 of 694 Old 10-10-2006, 10:42 AM

Did anyone see that Lost is only meant to last 5 seasons? What will I do after that?? Only 5? I love Lost so much because it's a thriller type show without the blood and guts..The other shows I love are a drama and a comedy so I love having a thriller/mystery show in there..I can't imagine not having it on!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#141 of 694 Old 10-10-2006, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterGOPI View Post
i was kinda wondering too sincethey took kate,jack and sawyer and even made refernece to her asking about sawyer before jack...do you think its some kind of funky experiment to see which man she chooses?
jj abrams said this season she will pick.....
So after watching it again yesterday, my theory is that if she had asked about Jack first, she would have been on the other side of the glass from him, but since she asked about Sawyer, they are in the outdoor cages. It seems like the others are into divide and conquer, how long will it take before someone turns on their friends....etc.
#142 of 694 Old 10-10-2006, 11:56 AM

ohhhh that makes perfect sense!
good observation!! i didnt even think of anything like that

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#143 of 694 Old 10-11-2006, 11:31 PM

Okay, are we waiting to discuss until all the timezones have watched it?
#144 of 694 Old 10-11-2006, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not waiting, they know there's spoilers, they don't have to click. LOL

I'll be back later (putting DD to sleep), but what's up with him, Benry, living on the Island his entire life? I bet he was a product of a Dharma experiment. I sense that there was a revolt in the past. Perhaps the "incident"?

#145 of 694 Old 10-11-2006, 11:48 PM

Yeah, I can't quite wrap my head around that one. Also Benry telling Jack that he will "take him home?", and Sawyer's little experiment? Except really, of course they are being monitored. How could they not think that someone was watching them in those cages after seeing the different research stations? I also have to go do bedtime, but will be back later....
#146 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 12:12 AM

Have the others really lived there their entire lives??? Wierd.

Subbing.
#147 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 12:15 AM

I agree - Sawyer not knowing they were watching/listening & Sayid/Jin not knowing they would take the boat? dumb.

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#148 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 12:31 AM

It was so interesting that they did not take Sayid, Jin and Sun. What is going to happen now that Sun shot that woman?

Did you see how scared Ben was that they had a boat, and they might find them?

The others must not know anything about Desmond if they did not know about the boat. They must not have observed the hatch or else they would know about him. The boat was in the same place for three years, and they had no idea. That seems really strange.

When Sawyer kissed Kate...I loved it! I wished I was Kate even though he was all dirty and scruffy (and tasting like fish crackers).
#149 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 12:37 AM

Any guesses/theories about the Ben, Juliette, girl Sun shot relationship? I thought it was revealing when she (shot woman) came in and asked if she interrupted something when Ben and Juliette were talking.
#150 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandavery View Post
It was so interesting that they did not take Sayid, Jin and Sun.
I don't think they want Sayid, Sun, or Jin really. They weren't on the "list" of people Michael was to bring with him. They would have wanted Sun to stay on the boat when the shot woman discovered her, there's no way they would just let her off the boat after that. But they weren't going to go back to try to get her when she managed to escape. I'm glad she shot that woman, though. They think the Losties are so wimpy, so it was good to see Sun give her a shock.

So, did the Korean guy that Sun had the affair with really jump? Did someone follow Jin into the hotel room? He was clutching the pearl necklace he had bought for Sun, so maybe he was truly distraught over the thought that he would never see her again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page