The official Lost *Season 3* thread. (This thread WILL contain spoilers!) - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

#151 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 12:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethwl View Post
So, did the Korean guy that Sun had the affair with really jump? Did someone follow Jin into the hotel room? He was clutching the pearl necklace he had bought for Sun, so maybe he was truly distraught over the thought that he would never see her again.
ohhh...it never occured to me that the guy actually jumped, but I suppose that's a possibility. I just assumed that Sun's father sent someone else to make sure that the "job" was finished because he didn't trust that Jin would do it.

Mom to DS March '05 and : DD Feb. '08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 12:59 AM

I definitely think he jumped.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#153 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 01:44 AM

Why do you think the others changed their plan? Alex told Kate that she was not supposed to be in the cages.

#154 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 05:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
One of my TV pet peeves is when a woman aims a gun at a villain then either doesn't fire the gun because she's too nervous/scared or allows the villain to overpower her and take the gun away. So you can imagine how happy I was that Sun shot the lady who got on the boat. Go Sun, Go Sun!!

I thought the fellow that Sun was seeing jumped off the balconey. I think he was quite distraught after Jin's visit. Though I have to say I wouldn't put it past Sun's father to have a backup follow Jin to make sure he did the job. The father seems evil enough to do something like that for the sake of the "family honor".

I missed the first 10 minutes. Can someone fill me in please? Why did it seem like Jin was mad at Sayiid?

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#155 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookGoddess View Post
I thought the fellow that Sun was seeing jumped off the balconey. I think he was quite distraught after Jin's visit. Though I have to say I wouldn't put it past Sun's father to have a backup follow Jin to make sure he did the job. The father seems evil enough to do something like that for the sake of the "family honor".
I feel the same way. I suspect that the man did jump. He proposed to Sun (in a way) by saying that he wanted her all to himself. Now that this was not possible, and he had to leave the country I think that it is feasible he would jump. I also think that the father could have sent someone else to guarantee that the man was killed. My guess is that we will never know for sure.
#156 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandavery View Post
I feel the same way. I suspect that the man did jump. He proposed to Sun (in a way) by saying that he wanted her all to himself. Now that this was not possible, and he had to leave the country I think that it is feasible he would jump. I also think that the father could have sent someone else to guarantee that the man was killed. My guess is that we will never know for sure.

I would say he jumped...simply because he was holding the necklace. In the short time it took for Jin to walk down to his car, how could someone else have got in, found the becklace, made him hold it, AND thrown him off hte balcony?? And how would they know the significance of the necklace?
#157 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 10:12 AM

Do I have to stop calling him Henry Gale? I've come attatched to him as Henry.
#158 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
I agree - Sawyer not knowing they were watching/listening & Sayid/Jin not knowing they would take the boat? dumb.
Exactly! I said the same thing to DH that Jin would not be dumb enough to put him self somewhere that he couldn't see Sun, what with her betrayal and all....come on!
#159 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookGoddess View Post
One of my TV pet peeves is when a woman aims a gun at a villain then either doesn't fire the gun because she's too nervous/scared or allows the villain to overpower her and take the gun away. So you can imagine how happy I was that Sun shot the lady who got on the boat. Go Sun, Go Sun!!

SAME!! Sun warned her, and told her that she would shoot her, so don't be suprised when you move toward her and she shoots you!

I missed the first 10 minutes. Can someone fill me in please? Why did it seem like Jin was mad at Sayiid?
(bold is mine)
I think that Jin was mad because he felt threatened by Sayiid, and the history of Sun cheating on him -- he may have been wondering about Suns motives for joining them on the boat.
#160 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 10:38 AM

At first I was thinking forsure Jau was thrown from the balcony, but the more I read what you have said here - I think you are probably right. It just seemed too contrived to me that he would grab the pearls and then jump, and just "happen" to land on Jin's car - who knows.

About the rock work for Saywer and Kate, you could hear (but never really directly saw) others "working" on the rocks - who do you suppose was out there with them.

The chic talking to Kate, isnt that the one who tried to help Claire when they were drugging her while pregnant? Why is she roaming free if she is a threat, or how could they not know what she is doing? Apparently not everyone can get "home" form the island if they want, or I would suspect she would fine Carl and leave.

It was odd that the others took the boat and not the people - but they did make mention to it not being thier decision, and Ben said he wanted the boat, he did not mention the people at all.
#161 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 11:21 AM

The girl talking to Kate was Alex, Danielle's daughter, who was indeed also the one trying to help Claire. They have certain people that they are interested in, for whatever reason, the Others have specific ideas about what certain of the Losties can provide them. And OMG, it's snowing here. I just looked out the window and it's snowing and it's friggin' October 12.

I thought Jau jumped simply because of the shot of him clutching the pearls. So is the baby Jau's or Jin's??
#162 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I thought Jau jumped simply because of the shot of him clutching the pearls. So is the baby Jau's or Jin's??

Exactly what I was wondering...I think I've now assumed it is Jau's.
#163 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomSquared View Post
The chic talking to Kate, isnt that the one who tried to help Claire when they were drugging her while pregnant? Why is she roaming free if she is a threat, or how could they not know what she is doing?
I thought that the girl was Alex, the French woman's child who was kidnapped all those years ago. She lives with the Others, right? She was among the Others in scenes last season.
#164 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:
The girl talking to Kate was Alex, Danielle's daughter, who was indeed also the one trying to help Claire.

Who is Danielle?

Quote:
And OMG, it's snowing here. I just looked out the window and it's snowing and it's friggin' October 12.
Funny - my brother (also in Chicago) just IM'd me the same thing - I told him we had it yesterday, and you guys can keep it
#165 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 01:07 PM

yeah that was alex..danielles daughter...
shes the french lady who has lived o nthe isalnd 16 years,the others took her babyalex) shortly after she was born.

soooooo sawyer only kissed kate to check outthe guys reactions etc... ok so now kate has kissed both sawyer and jack...which one will she go with?!?!?

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#166 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 01:17 PM

i think sun's dad sent backup .... pretty sure he did not jump.

i think sawyer knows they are listeing, but maybe not??

i missed the previews for upcoming show

i am from chicago and don't miss the snow...it was over 100 degrees here until yesterday now it is in the 80s and everyone will wear long sleeves and need them HA (i remember waiting 45 min for buses on state street when it was below zero.....you acclimate quickly here in the desert though)

so why can't benjamin leave???
#167 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama View Post
Exactly what I was wondering...I think I've now assumed it is Jau's.
I saw Sun on Conan O'Brian, and she said that when she read she was pregnant she was not sure if it was Jin's baby. She said she called the writer's and asked them because she was not sure how to act depending on the father. The writer's told her to act as ambiguously as possible.

I did not really get the significance of this until this episode. It has been over three months though. How long did this happen before the flight? Would she not have already known she was pregnant?
#168 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 01:18 PM

i think they would have had to leave immediately if sun's father found out he did not really do the job..... i think jin quit and they needed to get out of the country fast....
#169 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromscatteredtribe View Post
so why can't benjamin leave???
What made you think he wanted to?
#170 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 01:25 PM

Quote:
i think they would have had to leave immediately if sun's father found out he did not really do the job..... i think jin quit and they needed to get out of the country fast....
I suspect that too!
#171 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 01:30 PM

Quote:
What made you think he wanted to?
yeah a guy with that many issues and that much power over others is likely better off there
#172 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 01:31 PM

Remember when Jin said a whole bunch of stuff to Sun and Sun told Sayid, "He knows I betrayed him."? I wonder what he actually said. Does she know he betrayed him about building the fire or betrayed him with the other guy?
#173 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girls1boy View Post
Remember when Jin said a whole bunch of stuff to Sun and Sun told Sayid, "He knows I betrayed him."? I wonder what he actually said. Does she know he betrayed him about building the fire or betrayed him with the other guy?
the fire im sure.

#174 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 01:39 PM

benry said that he has lived there his whole life..where are the parents then..hes not that old..they would still be alive....

#175 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 01:47 PM

What about all the other surviors? Did the good ones get sent home? The community is small. I am sure we would see them.

Perhaps Henry's parents are not on the island. It could have been some type of experiment with orphans, or his parents were killed in the incident. Everyone seem relatively young. What happen to the older generation?
#176 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 01:52 PM

the assumption being he was BORN and that he is human and started out as a BABY....not so sure :
#177 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:
the assumption being he was BORN and that he is human and started out as a BABY....not so sure :
ahhhhhhhhh yes

#178 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 02:01 PM

Quote:
The others must not know anything about Desmond if they did not know about the boat. They must not have observed the hatch or else they would know about him. The boat was in the same place for three years, and they had no idea. That seems really strange.
I agree.

Quote:
I don't think they want Sayid, Sun, or Jin really. They weren't on the "list" of people Michael was to bring with him.
Wasn't Hurley on the list? If so why was he sent back?

Quote:
So, did the Korean guy that Sun had the affair with really jump? Did someone follow Jin into the hotel room? He was clutching the pearl necklace he had bought for Sun, so maybe he was truly distraught over the thought that he would never see her again.
I think he did jump.

Quote:
Why do you think the others changed their plan? Alex told Kate that she was not supposed to be in the cages.
Did you notice the similarities between Alex and Kate and that they both have dark hair vs the blondes.

Quote:
The chic talking to Kate, isnt that the one who tried to help Claire when they were drugging her while pregnant?
Yes it's her. I don't think the Others know she's helped them escape. The Island is her home, she was born there. She doesn't know the outside world.

Quote:
Jin was told that Sun couldn't get pg by the dr her father had presumably hired. Later the dr stopped Sun(when Jin wasn't around) and told her that it was really Jin who couldn't have kids but that her father told him to tell them it was her. So presumably teh baby is Jau's, but the island has healing powers(locke and rose) so it could be Jin's. i think it is possible that the baby is Jin's and that she got pg after they were on the island.

Quote:
I did not really get the significance of this until this episode. It has been over three months though. How long did this happen before the flight? Would she not have already known she was pregnant?
Remember that scene in the first season where Jin comes home covered with blood. I am guessing that is from when he told Jau to leave, but I don't think we know how long that was before they left and got on that plane.

Are the scenes with Jin, Jau, Sun and her father in Korea or are they in Australia?

Quote:
I think he knows that she betrayed him with Jau. I am guessing that after the incident with Jau, Jin went back and told Sun that he wanted to move. The only problem is that Sun was deciding to leave Jin and was planning on not being on that plane then changed her mind so I"m not sure how that fits in. Maybe she thought that Jau was waiting for her somewhere in Australia and was going to go to him.
#179 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 02:04 PM

Quote:

possibly, if her affair happened RIGHT before they were stranded on the island. Benry said they have been on the island just over 2 months (I thought he said 60-something days)? So (island time) how long ago did Sun find out about the pregnancy? 1-2 weeks? I guess with everything else going on, she may not be concerned about skipping a period right away.

How old do you think Benry is? 40?
#180 of 694 Old 10-12-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
Remember that scene in the first season where Jin comes home covered with blood. I am guessing that is from when he told Jau to leave, but I don't think we know how long that was before they left and got on that plane.

Are the scenes with Jin, Jau, Sun and her father in Korea or are they in Australia?

I think he knows that she betrayed him with Jau. I am guessing that after the incident with Jau, Jin went back and told Sun that he wanted to move. The only problem is that Sun was deciding to leave Jin and was planning on not being on that plane then changed her mind so I"m not sure how that fits in. Maybe she thought that Jau was waiting for her somewhere in Australia and was going to go to him.
Jin was covered in blood from his interaction with the minister, from beating him up instead of killing him, after sun's father sent the guy in white with him to teach him how to "send a message".

Also, Sun knew that Jau was dead because she ran into her father at Jau's funeral.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page