The official Lost *Season 3* thread. (This thread WILL contain spoilers!) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 694 Old 10-04-2006, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With only 3 more hours to go, I thought I'd get a new lost thread going for our new season.

We open with episode 1; "A Tail of Two Cities"...

And with that, I submit these websites for your perusal prior to the first episode. The jury is still out on the Hanso Air site. Not sure if it's official or a fan site yet, but still has some interesting theories in there.

I have yet to figure out the other one. My Lost forum is all a buzz. I can't wait!!

http://www.hansoair.org/index.html

http://www.oceanicflight815.com/

Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do. Because they're FAST.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 694 Old 10-04-2006, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

I'm disappointed! That sucked. The first 3 minutes explained a lot, but other then that... no progress.

Did anyone see the preview for next week? Does it look like they killed Sun off?

#3 of 694 Old 10-04-2006, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I missed the first few minutes boohoo. I came in when Sawyer was trying to talk to the other prisoner.

I am feeling iffy about what I saw...

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#4 of 694 Old 10-04-2006, 11:14 PM

it was terrible. WTH were they thinking? there was no continuity from last season...the characters seemed off. I dunno. It was a total let-down. Commercials every 5 minutes....ARGh.... I guess I got spoiled watching both season 1 & 2 on DVD only.

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#5 of 694 Old 10-04-2006, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post
I guess I got spoiled watching both season 1 & 2 on DVD only.
I know, DH and I were thinking the same thing.

As for the first few minutes..

There is a woman baking muffins, totally normal, and then a bunch of people at a book club discussion thing. Next thing you know there's an Earth quake. Or is it an Earth quake? They all go outside and see the plane breaking apart in the sky and crashing. THEY WERE ON THE ISLAND. "Henry Gail" comes outside and starts barking orders. He tells Goodwin (the one Anna Lucia killed on the mountain) to go to the tail and blend in as one of them. Same thing for Ethan.

Next thing you see is Kate waking up in a shower block where Zeke makes her shower and dresses her in a dress, then brings her out for breakfast with Henry.

Too weird...

#6 of 694 Old 10-04-2006, 11:33 PM

ok i have to start out by saying dh and i havent had tv in like 4 years or so..then we rented lost season 1 on dvd and got hooked. we just renetd season 2 and became even more addicted...soooooo
tonight we broke down and ran out to buy an antena for our tv to watch lost... how pathetic are we?!?!

anyways...the preview for next week...kate and sawyer?!?!!?
i want to know about locke and eko!! oh the suspense!!

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#7 of 694 Old 10-04-2006, 11:35 PM

:

Something better start making sense soon. Even Twin Peaks was more straightforward than this show.
#8 of 694 Old 10-04-2006, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckrause View Post
:

Something better start making sense soon. Even Twin Peaks was more straightforward than this show.
that how jj abrams is though..it was the same way with alias.. my other fav show..which i cant watch the final season til it comes out on dvd ahhhhhhhhhh

#9 of 694 Old 10-04-2006, 11:37 PM

any theories?

I guess there was some animal testing going on? those cages!

Also what the heck did they do to Kate? Why were her wrists so beat up? Did they assault her?

What is the Hanso Foundation? I know it was mentioned in those Dharma Initiative tapes but what exactly is the foundation (as per the website...I don't feel like downloading Flash to see it)

#10 of 694 Old 10-04-2006, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Honestly, I have no idea what Hanso is.. LOL. They don't really say. They're really evasive. Go figure. The discussion forums on that one site have A LOT of info.

I wanna know what happened to the testing, and why everything is all abandoned and run down. I wonder if that's the "incident" that they talk about on the orientation films.

#11 of 694 Old 10-04-2006, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Of_60 View Post
I don't understand the point of this website? :

#12 of 694 Old 10-04-2006, 11:43 PM

yeah and they mentioned the bears to sawyer...poor animals...

are they deranged drs? or just ppl who wanted to get away from the cruelty of the real world?

#13 of 694 Old 10-04-2006, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Of_60 View Post
Honestly, I have no idea what Hanso is.. LOL. They don't really say. They're really evasive. Go figure. The discussion forums on that one site have A LOT of info.

I wanna know what happened to the testing, and why everything is all abandoned and run down. I wonder if that's the "incident" that they talk about on the orientation films.
Darn! the few times I've followed "lost" links, I get, well LOST! I feel like everytime I get to a forum....they all know way more than I do from just watching the show. I feel like I'm missing out on some big secrets! I don't have enough time to scout out the secrets to the show. bummer!

#14 of 694 Old 10-04-2006, 11:45 PM

Quote:
I don't understand the point of this website? :
so maybe hanso made the plane crash purposelly? to have new test subjects?

#15 of 694 Old 10-04-2006, 11:50 PM

i think rose is gonna die this season... b/c she was terminally ill but then she told bernard that she didnt feel sick anymore on the island so maybe it was the electromagnetism that made her sickness go away but then desmond released it all so i think her sickness will come back...just one of my silly theories.

#16 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 12:19 AM

Quote:
I guess there was some animal testing going on? those cages!
Remember the polar bear from the first season.

Mom to DS March '05 and : DD Feb. '08
#17 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jest View Post
Remember the polar bear from the first season.
ahh seems like the testing went wrong at some point. those were some crazy polar bears!

so, we still don't know what's up with that black foggy monster thing that killed the pilot and tried to kill others, do we???? I want answers!

#18 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 02:08 AM

I thought it was good.

At the beginning when she put that CD in, was that the same song that Desmond was playing. It was so much the same as what happened with desmond. I wonder if there is some connection between Desmond and Juliette(whatever her name was).

Juliette is definitly a sheep in wolf's clothing.

That "mini town" is very creepy.

I don't know it if was animal testing, it looked set up like a Zoo for sure with the aquarium for dolphins, the cages for the bears.

Something definitly happened with Kate.

I wonder what he meant by the next 2 weeks are going to be bad. What are their plans? Is it the same stuff that Walt went through or different?
#19 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 06:09 AM

Quote:

Also what the heck did they do to Kate? Why were her wrists so beat up? Did they assault her?
I thought the damage was from the handcuffs. She might have struggled with them trying to get them off when she probably thought the Others weren't looking but I think all three of the Losties are being observed at all times. They just don't know it.

Is Jack playing along pretending to not know he's part of an experiment? I'm not always the brightest bulb in the box but I could tell Juliette was playing him and the whole place was set up for observation and testing. I wouldn't even be surprised if the "escape"' attempt Jack made and the subsequent flooding were all expected. It seemed like a set piece. I'm sure she expected it. She had to. She had to know he wasn't going to simply stay in the corner until she set the food down. I was telling DH.."Uh-oh..watch out..Jack's gonna attack as soon as she enters" and sure enough he did. Seems like Juliette is playing the "good cop" role trying to make Jack think she's empathetic and kind. I think she's anything but.

I got a good laugh from Sawyer's lines tonight. Him eating that fish cracker was funny.

Did anyone else think the kid that helped Sawyer escape was a mole? I think he was planted there by the Others. They might have roughed him up after he and Sawyer were caught but I think in the end he goes back to one of those nice houses.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#20 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 06:18 AM

I noticed the book the Others book group led by Juliette was a Steven King book. Was the book The Stand? I'm almost positive it was that. That would make the most sense given the talk about free will and goodness. It would also be an interesting foreshadowing of the battle between good v. evil.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#21 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 07:58 AM

I know I saw Stephen King on the book when they were outside, but didn't it look like a different book from the one she was holding inside? Or was I just imagining that?
#22 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookGoddess View Post
I thought the damage was from the handcuffs.

I got a good laugh from Sawyer's lines tonight. Him eating that fish cracker was funny.

Did anyone else think the kid that helped Sawyer escape was a mole? I think he was planted there by the Others. They might have roughed him up after he and Sawyer were caught but I think in the end he goes back to one of those nice houses.
Yes, Kate's wrists were just from the handcuffs -- remember Henry Gale asked her to tighten them? I am assuming that somewhere between breakfast and the cage they dragged her or she fought or struggled, making the cuffs cut into her wrists.

And my first thought with that other kid was that he was one of them. It was too suspicious that he wouldn't talk to Sawyer at first, and then bolted and opened his cage after asking all those questions. Probably testing Sawyer. Maybe the same thing for Jack. It's funny that Kate was treated so differently -- given the luxe treatment at the outset. Actually, now that I think about it the (initial) treatment of all three was on a continuum -- Kate's was like a vacation, Sawyer was in a cage with a fish bit and some pellets and a slurp of water from a hose, and Jack was in the middle with a decent but not luxurious grilled cheese and some water. That says a lot about the characters, doesn't it?

Re: the songs, they were actually different songs. Juliet's was "Downtown" by Petula Clark; the one that Desmond played in the opener of Season 2 was "Make Your Own Kind of Music" by Mama Cass. They are very similar though.

Also, did any one catch the bit where Juliet said something about having been Dharma Initiative "leftovers" ? Actually Jack asked her, and then she said "That was a long time ago." Interesting.

We taped it (of course) and in the immortal words of Locke, "We're gonna need to watch that again."
#23 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 08:38 AM

I just went to the HansoAir site, and my guess is that it's a fan site. It's not as polished as an official site should be -- there are some grammatical mistakes and spelling errors in the copy. Also, the Google ads point to it being an individual fan, rather than ABC or anyone officially involved in Lost. JMTCW, but there ya go.
#24 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 09:00 AM

I also watched seasons one and two on dvd, and really couldn't believe all the commercials. Are there usually that many?

I agree that Juliet is doing the good cop bit of the gcop/bcop routine, but why does she look so familiar? Have we seen her before? I was interested in her file on Jack, how did they get all that info?

I also thought that the other caged guy was a plant, a little experience designed to show Sawyer that escape was futile, and the others definitely have the upper hand.

I thought we had too many Jack flashbacks, and not enough current stuff. Okay, haven't checked out any of the websites, but now I have to wait a whole week for the next commercial laden experience? I should have waited to get into Lost until after the whole 7 seasons were done .
#25 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 11:35 AM

Have we forgoten that Juliet was distraught over something at the openning of the show? Did we have a hint what that was about(other than being couped up on a tropical island with a bunch of wack jobs )

Kathy

Desert Dyeworks Hey, we like color and silk!
Check out our 10% multiple items discount!
#26 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 11:39 AM

:
#27 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 11:51 AM

I also thought that Downtown was the same song that Desmond was listening to. But Juliette was upset when she was hearing the song. She looked like she was trying to hold it together and not cry.
#28 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 11:56 AM

at first i thought juliet was penelope...they looked alike to me..but now looking back not really...

#29 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 11:57 AM

Quote:
but why does she look so familiar?
She was on ER. She was the psych doctor that had a relationship with Carrie.
#30 of 694 Old 10-05-2006, 12:05 PM

It was very anti-clamatic.
Thanks, I have been trying to figure out why Juliet looked so familiar.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page