Trading Spouses last night.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-23-2006, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can NOT belive that Henrietta left Marla $2,000 to have the interior of the house repainted, $3,000 to have wood floors installed, $2,500 to redo the basement and a bunch of money to totally make over the house and have to cleaned afterwards, yet left nothing for the kids! No savings, no college money, no spending money nothing. And then to give $3500 to the Mayor and $3000 to a church... I was speechless.

Marco was a hottie though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 12-23-2006, 04:29 PM

I don't remember what the other family's home looked like. I'm assuming that the condition of the home led her to think that decorating/renovating would be appreciated. Obviously a misjudgment on her part.

Proud mom to superhero.gifds2 (7/05), angel2.gif ds 1 (born into heaven at 38 weeks 11/03), and 5 more angels angel.gif (4/02) angel.gif (7/10) angel.gifangel.gif (11/10) angel.gif (11/12)

#3 of 7 Old 12-23-2006, 11:55 PM

I couldn't believe that either!! Things were going SOOOO well up until then!! That was the best swap I've seen so far...I was crying at the end!

But, yeah, to leave them NOTHING to put their 3 kids through college with?? The daughter does get to go to a spa (which Darla wasn't keen on anyways...), but that's it!

I thought that Darla did an EXCELLENT job with the money for the other family...especially the culinary arts school! What an intuitive and understanding woman! I thought she and her family deserved much better....

Fortunately, what they DID get from Henrietta was priceless....

Mom to two amazing boys, C (July 2005) and D (May 2010)

Founder/leader of a Babywearing group, and loving it!

#4 of 7 Old 12-26-2006, 11:05 PM

I felt that same way, why no $$ for college or trade school. But you could tell what a great person Darla is she came back and was like, whatever my family is the most important thing

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
#5 of 7 Old 12-27-2006, 10:49 AM

I thought the same thing! And I definitely thought it was the best swap so far -- both families actually learned something very important.

I was wondering -- do the families REALLY have to spend the money the way the other mom specifies? I mean, does the network come along later and check?

I was telling my sister about the show, and she said "they should just buy the expensive rug and turn around and sell it for college money." Hmmmm....
#6 of 7 Old 12-29-2006, 01:09 AM

It was so beautiful when the one dad asked the other wife to do the hugging thing with his father. (I'm not so good at names, sorry!)

The whole charity and mayor thing peeved me big time, too.
#7 of 7 Old 12-29-2006, 12:56 PM

I think that is why she got so pissed bacause you do have to spend it as the other mom says, which btw I think it totally not right. On the other mom swap show it's for one week, they get $20,000 and they spend it as they like. To suffer possibly for 2 weeks and then have your money spent badly just plain sucks

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page