Sylvia Browne 2007 Predictions on Montel Today - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 12-27-2006, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted this on another board, and figured I would post it here. I personally dont believe in Sylvia, and now she has a book about about Jesus, she said she was "filling in the blanks" since we dont know enough about him. Anyhoo, her prediction show is still interesting LOL

Her 2006 ones that came true:

Britney dumped Kevin after having baby # 2

Popularity for George Bush continued to go way down

Earthquakes in India and Mexico, a couple volcanoes went off

Vaccine for cancer approved, hormone for obesity control found

2007 predictions:

TomKat will have a baby boy, stay together for 2 more years, and divorce. He will move on to some other chick, Sylvia doesnt like him because she had PPD

Brad and Angelina wont make it either, they will split. She thinks Angelina is pretty ridiculous for saying she wanted to sit down with Jen, as if any woman would want to talk to the woman who ran off with their husband

Marc Anthony and J Lo will never have a baby and will break up. J Lo cant have a baby

apparently, for some reason, physically or else she just doesnt really want one

Nicole Richie will end up in the hospital for so much self abuse

Martha Stewarts show will be canceled

Mel Gibson will just kind of go away

Tom Hanks will win some Excellence Award

Liz Taylor is dying, her *life force* is flickering, she is giving up

Jen Aniston will marry a producer/director type

Some rapper is going to blow up (that means get popular lol), but I dont remember his name

8 years and we will have a black president (Sylvia is against female presidents btw, she will get PMS and blow people up @@).

Polio and Whooping cough are making big comebacks because of crazy people (like me lol) who think vaccines are not good for you and contribute to autism

Bush will bring the troops home

More states will approve gay marriage, not just civil unions

FEMA will be investigated, people will go to jail for stealing $

Major drug bust in Eastern port in June, then another big one on west coast

Bomb parts will come in through the ports too, but NO major terrorist attacks here, although she is worried about England and France

Economy will bounce back, although stock market is a real rollercoaster

Property is the best investment now, buy now, because its going down but will go back up next year

New drugs for HIV, AIDS, Hep C that really help patients

East coast will have one of the mildest winters you have seen (this current winter)

West Coast will still be cold/rainy like it is now

Depression will be linked to diet

Processing is causing a lot of illnesses?

There will be an amino acid found that will put HIV into remission

Some glaciers will be breaking up at rapid speed, we are in a "polar tilt" tornados in odd places, texas, arkansas, all over, more volcanos everywhere erupting, hawaii, flooding in the south, earthquakes and tsunamis

Some crops will fail because of drought at end of the year and you wont even be able to afford corn and other produce

really hard winter next year

More spirituality next year, bad press for Evangelicals, they are misusing $, buying lots of things for themselves

Tsunami in New York, she has been worried about this for years, and its coming

Cure for insulin dependent diabetes end of next year, major breakthroughs happening

Democrat in office next time

Worried about trucks and trains for terrorism worldwide, not planes

Find missing amino in autism kids that can be reversed

gas prices will go down in feb

overall its a comfortable year, less scare tactics about terrorism, its all talk about politics, its not a stellar year, but its not bad.

~Shannon~ Proud Mama of 3 girls, ages 7,4, and 2.
#2 of 23 Old 12-27-2006, 07:10 PM

Like you Jessa, I'm not a Sylvia Brown fan. Though, I did read her book on angels or something (someone had it so I read it).

Please tell me she didn't call people who don't vax "crazy"? But, that does sound like her. She is so in love with doctors and the whole industry. So odd for someone who is so spiritual but has no belief in anything natural and in healing without big pharma.

They never talk about all the predictions she misses, and there are a lot. I remember when she said Prince and his wife would stay together and have another baby after the first one died and they divorced, and now he is on divorce number 2! I remember when she told Montel great things about his marriage and he's since divorced that woman. I remember a number of predictions that didn't happen a few years ago. My aunt thinks she's great and I really don't get it. I never get any good vibes from her, even when she's saying happy things.

Gay marriage in most states by next year? Please! Tsunami in NY? Scary. I saw some scientists on Discovery talking about it and it looked like the whole city was wiped out. That one might just be true.

But, I don't see how most of what she said is really a prediction. All the medications are and have been in the works for a while. Every year she has talked about a cancer "vaccine".

Black president in 8 years? 2014 is a midterm election, not a presidential one. How will he (guess it's a man since she doesn't like women) get into office? Will he be a VP and then something happens with the prez so he's promoted? Will it be Obama?

Why doesn't Montel bring her on and show clips of how wrong she is. This is why skeptics don't believe in psychics.
#3 of 23 Old 12-29-2006, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessasMilkMama View Post
Her 2006 ones that came true:

Britney dumped Kevin after having baby # 2
Like that one was hard to see coming .
Quote:
8 years and we will have a black president
OBAMA!!!

Quote:
Bush will bring the troops home
I find this incredibly difficult to believe .
#4 of 23 Old 12-29-2006, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
She thinks Angelina is pretty ridiculous for saying she wanted to sit down with Jen, as if any woman would want to talk to the woman who ran off with their husband
Well um, DUH.
#5 of 23 Old 01-03-2007, 03:30 AM

I stopped beliving in Sylvia when she said that the whole Monica Lewinsky scandel was a farce - a right wing consperacy, made up by the republicans!

What a crock!

Alyssa
Mama to Scott (USAF), Katie (18), Karlie (16), Kimmy (9), Klara (4.5), and Baby Khloe (2.5)
#6 of 23 Old 11-07-2007, 04:07 AM - Thread Starter

I remembered this thread and decided to resurrect it, as the year is ending!

Looks like shes not very psychic....JLo IS having baby, shes pregnant now. Angelina and Brad are still together. TomKat hasnt bred again. Jen hasnt married anyone, and I think Martha Stewart is still on the air! Nicole Richie seems to be doing ok...New York hasnt been hit by a tsunami, and of COURSE Britney and K Fed didnt make it LOL

It REALLY does surprise me that she has so many followers. She is on Montel like EVERY DAY. She has been wrong about so many things. Really, when has she been RIGHT?

Ok I will bump this thread again in January when she goes over this list and gives our her new predictions

~Shannon~ Proud Mama of 3 girls, ages 7,4, and 2.
#7 of 23 Old 11-07-2007, 04:45 AM

Quote:
JLo IS having baby, shes pregnant now. D
In all fairness, she hasn't had a baby yet (meaning she could end up losing the baby/ies)

Kelly, mama (12yoDS), doula, RN, and writer.
There's no where you can be that isn't where you were meant to be, its easy
#8 of 23 Old 11-07-2007, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebony View Post
Like you Jessa, I'm not a Sylvia Brown fan. Though, I did read her book on angels or something (someone had it so I read it).

Please tell me she didn't call people who don't vax "crazy"? But, that does sound like her. She is so in love with doctors and the whole industry. So odd for someone who is so spiritual but has no belief in anything natural and in healing without big pharma.

They never talk about all the predictions she misses, and there are a lot. I remember when she said Prince and his wife would stay together and have another baby after the first one died and they divorced, and now he is on divorce number 2! I remember when she told Montel great things about his marriage and he's since divorced that woman. I remember a number of predictions that didn't happen a few years ago. My aunt thinks she's great and I really don't get it. I never get any good vibes from her, even when she's saying happy things.

Gay marriage in most states by next year? Please! Tsunami in NY? Scary. I saw some scientists on Discovery talking about it and it looked like the whole city was wiped out. That one might just be true.

But, I don't see how most of what she said is really a prediction. All the medications are and have been in the works for a while. Every year she has talked about a cancer "vaccine".

Black president in 8 years? 2014 is a midterm election, not a presidential one. How will he (guess it's a man since she doesn't like women) get into office? Will he be a VP and then something happens with the prez so he's promoted? Will it be Obama?

Why doesn't Montel bring her on and show clips of how wrong she is. This is why skeptics don't believe in psychics.

true true true!

I always picture her smoking luckies and swilling gin in the green room before each show. But then, I'm a John Edward fan myself.

for intuitive readings click here :
#9 of 23 Old 11-07-2007, 08:14 AM

ugh, i so dislike Sylvia Browne. but i admit to watching her on Montel purely for entertainment purposes!

i think she is so silly! and i really think she just makes stuff up. did anyone see the episode where an audience member asked her a question about her mom and Sylvia told her that her father wasn't her real father?! she just blurted it out! and she always attracts desperate followers to herself who will believe anything she says.

i totally agree with Ebony. and reading about all of her silly predictions reaffirms for me even more how much i dislike her!
#10 of 23 Old 11-07-2007, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Uggh, I can't stand her. She's a liar and a mean, venomous woman.
#11 of 23 Old 11-07-2007, 03:41 PM

I think some of that stuff was just common sense (like Britney and K Fed) and some of it is out right wrong. I hope that her prediction about property comes true (goes up in 2008) because we really need to sell our second house.
#12 of 23 Old 11-07-2007, 06:44 PM

Personally, I like her : One of her books really helped me out mentally and emotionally : and I find it interesting how many of her predictions come true:::
That being said, she is human and is influenced by her own personal issues. As much as I like her, I sometimes watch her on Montel and just shake my head. I also enjoy John Edwards more
Her polio&whooping cough prediction could be correct, but I doubt vaccinating will help with that. But she believes what she believes

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#13 of 23 Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyes View Post
I always picture her smoking luckies and swilling gin in the green room before each show. But then, I'm a John Edward fan myself.

Oh my, I needed that laugh today!! Thanks bigeyes!!
#14 of 23 Old 11-08-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *violet* View Post

Oh my, I needed that laugh today!! Thanks bigeyes!!
You're welcome. Don't get me started on her fingernails, ugh.

#15 of 23 Old 11-08-2007, 02:32 PM

:

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#16 of 23 Old 11-09-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
You're welcome. Don't get me started on her fingernails, ugh.
Ugh, those nails! And that scowl! Why does she always seem so angry? For someone who says she wants to help people she seems very upset over it!
#17 of 23 Old 11-09-2007, 07:20 PM

She is one evil lady

http://www.stopsylviabrowne.com/
#18 of 23 Old 11-09-2007, 07:55 PM

http://www.stopsylviabrowne.com/arti...wnesmoke.shtml

A friend of mine signed up for a reading with her and had to pay $700 in advance, then was on a waiting list for a year. When it was time for her call, it didn't come. She had to contact Sylvia through her website to remind her, and then got a generic reading. She told me my freebies I'd given her on breaks at work were much better. Another friend paid a pretty good chunk of change for a ticket to a show where there were hundreds of people, then just a few were chosen for readings. She said it was very disappointing as well.

I think she may have had some natural ability at one time, but she's pretty much a greedy hack at this point.

#19 of 23 Old 11-12-2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
[url]Another friend paid a pretty good chunk of change for a ticket to a show where there were hundreds of people, then just a few were chosen for readings. She said it was very disappointing as well.
A friend of my mother's had the same experience. She paid a LOT of money and said there were nearly 2 thousand people there and that Sylvia was very rude and didn't stay for the entire time that was scheduled. She was so disappointed because she truly liked & believed in her up until then.
#20 of 23 Old 11-13-2007, 12:56 AM

Sylvia Brown does seem to be very full of herself and money hungry. I have always found her to be short and rude with the guests on Montel, like she expects everyone to be in awe of her or something.

FWIW, I don't believe in astrology or predicting the future at all. I've had preminitions myself that have come true (mostly about death, I knew my uncle was going to die, I knew that my dad had cancer before he did, but my dad had a stomach condition for years before he had colon cancer and my uncle was a heroin addict), but it was based on stuff that I already knew about the situations. I think that if anything happens after someone says it will, then it's just a coincidence. I'm a hardcore skeptic. :

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

#21 of 23 Old 11-19-2007, 05:36 PM

Years ago, like ten, I did go to one of her shows :! It was back when her style was more spiritual, and she was not trying to profit on a book a month and quote of the day on your phone.

I have not watched her on Montel in many years (I feel like at least 5-7), but one time I saw something that just epitomized her crass nature. She got a question from the audience, and the woman was asking about her health. She had stumped the doctors, and they could not figure out what was wrong with her. Sylvia blurts out that she has some STD (by name). The woman not really realizing what was said keeps talking, and Sylvia says you have _____. It is a STD, and you got from some sexual encounter with this man. The poor girl...if it was even true!
#22 of 23 Old 11-20-2007, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I always wonder if people like Sylvia Browne and John Edwards are just doing what people like Marc Salem are doing, only they're claiming they're psychic instead of just being very perceptive. Is it possible for people to believe that they're psychic when they're just very perceptive?
#23 of 23 Old 11-20-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie128 View Post
I always wonder if people like Sylvia Browne and John Edwards are just doing what people like Marc Salem are doing, only they're claiming they're psychic instead of just being very perceptive. Is it possible for people to believe that they're psychic when they're just very perceptive?
fwiw, I don't think Sylvia Brown is psychic, but I believe John Edward is. The way he has to get confirmation is exactly how my psychic stuff works. I get stuck on something and until someone says they know what it is, or otherwise confirms it for me, I can't get anything else for them. So I totally relate to it when he insists to someone that something is important or is somehow related to their dead relative once they have confirmed that it is them he is talking about. I don't have to know what it means, just that it means something to my client. Then I can get more information. It's frustrating.

I've had online discussions with James Randi worshippers about how I probably research people online before I do their readings, among other things. It's so ridiculous. Like I have time to do research on everyone on the planet on the off chance that they'll call me or come see me for a reading, then give me their real name, and then I'll actually have a photographic memory and be able to recall all the details of every single person I could possibly research so I can dazzle them for a few dollars?

Yeah. That sounds believable. Not to mention pathetic.

The thing about psychic ablilities is, it isn't at all like what you see on tv, or in the movies. I have very rarely known anyone who was seeallknowalltellall. Some people get names, or dates, some don't. Some see, some hear, some smell, some feel, and some just know. Put any 5 legitimate psychics in a room one by one, have them do a reading about a particular subject, and each one will get different details in different ways.
And each one will miss things, too, because it isn't like learning your alphabet, or learning to tie your shoe. It isn't something that is the same every time for everybody. For me, sometimes I get stuff just out of the blue without asking for it. And there have been other times when I've been too stressed, or too involved in a situation to get any psychic information about it at all, which is why you have to learn to ground yourself, through meditation or various other exercises. I still have trouble with that one, as do many of my friends and colleagues.

In my personal experience, the people I know to be legitimate have been so amazingly accurate at times it's frightening. They have also been glaringly inaccurate on some things. It doesn't make them 'not psychic,' rather, it reminds me that some things are not meant to be known beforehand, all things can be changed due to free will, and no matter how psychic you are, you can always misinterpret the information you get. A lot of it is symbolic and you have to learn how to read it, which is really a continual learning process that isn't going to ever be complete.

Which is probably why a psychic reading is better used as entertainment than for life or death matters. I can understand wanting to help someone find a missing relative if I got a vision, but unless I was 100% sure and could go there to see for myself that they were there, I would not want to add to that family's grief by being one of the many people who call and say I can help, yk? A psychic gave details about where Chandra Levy was, but in the long run they were not enough to help police find her. After she was found the details matched, but to me, if the information isn't enough to do any good, it's harmful.

It makes me wonder if those psychics get that stuck in their head and have no choice but to communicate with the people involved so they can move forward to receive new information. I had not thought of that before, but if that is the case it would really be an awful moral dilemma.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page