LOST-season 3 second half - Page 47 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1381 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i re-watched and i definitely don't think it is sun. it would make sense that an asian couple is on the plane since he says he flies to singapore and tokyo and back all the time.

that coffin sure did look short.

also, in the end with jack and kate, jack says 'i'm sick of lying' which makes me wonder if something bad went down with the rescue and they are sworn to secrecy which is eating him up inside, etc

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1382 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 06:04 PM

She wouldn't have to have something against Walt but he is related to Michael who totally screwed them by killing and leading them to be captured and then leaving them there. I wouldn't want to attend either's funeral even though I wouldn't have anything against Walt.
#1383 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 07:05 PM

I have not read the last 8 pages so sorry if this was posted already!!
Here is a closeup picture of the obituary
http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/...rclipping2.jpg

~Shannon~ Proud Mama of 3 girls, ages 7,4, and 2.
#1384 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the link to the closeup of the newspaper clipping. Well it can't be Juliette who is in the coffin. The headline clearly says "Man Found (something) in Downtown Loft". The person is dead in Los Angeles but he's from New York. Interesting. The only people from New York are Michael, Walt, Rose, and Bernard. Am I missing someone?

Don't you think the flash forwards will replace the flash backs?

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#1385 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookGoddess View Post
The writers said we are going to get a Danielle flashback in one of podcasts. They also alluded to doing a Juliet flashback of her on the island.
#1386 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 07:34 PM

oh yes, i was thining that the flash forwards are the new flash backs. that should make for an interesting show! they pretty much have covered everything we need to know that was in the past and the most recent episodes flash backs were getting closer. like a matter of days and hours before the real time. it only makes sense.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#1387 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 07:37 PM

Flash Foreward if you have the 'e' in there...then it does match up with the name. Might be/might not be.

We know what from the dead guy...

Lots of noise was heard.
The person apparently committed suicide.
No family and no one that wanted to call him friend...but someone with an impact.

Everyone hated been and he had a tumor in his back initially. Could it have come back and placed him in a wheelchair?

John seems to be on his own side by himself...could he be back in his wheelchair feeling there was nothing left to live for?

Both would explain the "lots of noise" being heard.

Orthodox Mama
#1388 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the link to the closeup of the newspaper clipping. Well it can't be Juliette who is in the coffin. The headline clearly says "Man Found (something) in Downtown Loft". The person is dead in Los Angeles but he's from New York. Interesting. The only people from New York are Michael, Walt, Rose, and Bernard. Am I missing someone?

I'm pretty sure Bernard and Rose were from Minnesota
#1389 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaduck View Post
Flash Foreward if you have the 'e' in there...then it does match up with the name. Might be/might not be.
Are you referring to the funeral home name? If so, then it is a direct anagram. No extra "e" needed. If not, than what name are you talking about?
#1390 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 08:03 PM

What if it was someone who has been dead for a while? I mean if Jack dad is alive (or is the thought he was mis speaking?) maybe passengers who died are alive in the alterna-verse (I don't they are in their real reality).
#1391 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
i noticed Kate was driving a nice silver volvo too - so she did well
I guess she must have gotten a Presidential Pardon or something!

#1392 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:

Oh wow, I didnt even think of a whole season with flash forwards. Its quite possible.

Also, the obit uses the words "loft" and "beam" leading some people to believe the person hung himself.

Being the geek I am, I looked at the entire cast listing on IMDB and none of the characters resemble the J antham name.It must be someone who WILL be a major character coming up.

#1393 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 08:13 PM

I cried for Charlie, but I'm just glad Hurley didn't die . . . and I don't think he's in the coffin either. I was so proud of him driving in to save the day and just kept saying "Don't kill Hurley. Don't kill Hurley."
#1394 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac'sMa View Post
I totally agree and I think that the "he" she referred to might be *their* child. I wonder if they got together and she dropped him b/c he couldn't get his act together. Wouldn't that be : It sounded like she had met him at that spot on several other occasions. He said something like "meet me at the usual place....at the airport"
Yep! Dp said that to me this morning while we were speculating. He thinks that kate and Jack do get together after they get off of the island but then Jack just loses it thanks to whatever happened with the rescue and Kate can't help him and can't take it so they split.

There are soooo many things to wonder about.:

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#1395 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppywise View Post
also, in the end with jack and kate, jack says 'i'm sick of lying' which makes me wonder if something bad went down with the rescue and they are sworn to secrecy which is eating him up inside, etc
To me, the "I'm sick of lying" referred more to the fact that he was lying to people in general about being happy to be back....because that's considered the "normal" response and obviously he's not happy...

Jen, former attorney and now SAHM to 11 yo ds and 8 yo ds

#1396 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessasMilkMama View Post
Being the geek I am, I looked at the entire cast listing on IMDB and none of the characters resemble the J antham name.It must be someone who WILL be a major character coming up.
I also think it is possibly a character we have not met. Many people are saying that the name is Jeremy Bentham (like the philosopher).
#1397 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 09:30 PM

another vote for Locke in the casket. they were all forced to leave the island and john's malady came back. he couldn't live without the island and jack is living with guilt of being the reason he came back.

i actually mentioned to dh that i thought it would be interesting if the rest of the show is around them leaving the island and what happens to them... maybe thatll be what happens!

i also got really fishy about the flash forward... all the "flash backs" were situations that somehow related to/parallel the plot of the show... this one didn't until the end, when you realize its a flash forward.

it seems like maybe they made a pact not to talk about what happened on the island and everyone is moving on but jack and whoever the obit is about. no one else went because they are intent on getting on with their lives and forgetting the island. jack doesn't have anything but the island.

re the casket: i don't think its Ben. he's likely in prison as a mass murderer.

#1398 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillywilson View Post
I cried for Charlie, but I'm just glad Hurley didn't die . . . and I don't think he's in the coffin either. I was so proud of him driving in to save the day and just kept saying "Don't kill Hurley. Don't kill Hurley."
Me too! Especially after the all comments about him being too big to help with anything, I was glad to see Hurley saying "I rescued them all, dude!" Go Hurley!

Now that I've looked closer at the newspaper obituary doesn't it seem like the man committed suicide. There's a reference to a "beam" and "loft". Who would be so despondent after coming back that he would kill himself? Ben? He might if he was kept away forever from the island he loved and/or his tumor returned. Locke? I can see Locke doing it if he became paralyzed. Let's not forget he has already tried once to kill himself in the pit.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#1399 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Now that I've looked closer at the newspaper obituary doesn't it seem like the man committed suicide. There's a reference to a "beam" and "loft".
I just read that someone (http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/) transcribed it as:
Quote:
The body of Jxxxxx xxntham of
New York was found shortly after 4
a.m. in the _00 block of Grand
Avenue.
Ted Xxxxxxx, a doorman at The
Tower Xxx Complex heard loud
noises xxxxxxxx the victim’s loft.
Concerned for xxntham’s safety, he
entered the loft and discovered the
body hanging from a beam in the
apartment.
According to police
I do not think that anyone would give details over a suicide in an obituary, but it is for tv.
#1400 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbean91 View Post
I wonder if they'll be rescued and next season will be alternating the rescue with flashbacks to the island.
YAY!! I was sort of right. I've never quoted myself, but this is the first time any of my ideas have even been close on this show!

I only caught the 2nd half (have to watch it on tivo), but at the hospital, Jack said something about 'if his dad is drunker than he is, they can fire him'. Jack had been on the flight b/c he was bringing his dad back after he died. Was that explained at all? That's why I thought it was another flashback. It wasn't until the very end I realized it wasn't.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#1401 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandavery View Post
I just read that someone (http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/) transcribed it as:

I do not think that anyone would give details over a suicide in an obituary, but it is for tv.
except that it wasn't an obituary. It was actually an article in the paper, the title of the article is "man found XXXXXX downtown loft"

so it seems to be more of a news article that happens to mention where the funeral/viewing was.

Other than that I am too annoyed to talk about this show, LOL! They promised answers at the end of this season... we got no answers, just more questions and wondering. blah....
#1402 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 09:52 PM

i'm sure they put the Jack talking about his dad thing to trip us up. but two things could be the factor for this in my mind- either 1) Jack was being sarcastic as in 'yeah get my dad down here from the after life and if he isnt drunk...' or 2) Jack never told anyone he died and thats why he could write prescriptions in his name still

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#1403 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessasMilkMama View Post
I have not read the last 8 pages so sorry if this was posted already!!
Here is a closeup picture of the obituary
WOO HOO....I love this thread!!!!!

~Gabbi~ Life experienced by me..... Mommy to 4 chicken3.gif,Furry Babies x 2 dog2.gif,and the love of my life trekkie.gif

#1404 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 10:53 PM

I see a lot of speculation about whether or not the "he" Kate refers to is her son. If this flash forward happens in 2007, then that would make a child she conceived in 2004 only 2 years old. Would she leave a 2 year old alone to wonder where she's gone to?
#1405 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 10:55 PM

Quote:
I see a lot of speculation about whether or not the "he" Kate refers to is her son. If this flash forward happens in 2007, then that would make a child she conceived in 2004 only 2 years old. Would she leave a 2 year old alone to wonder where she's gone to?
Yeah that.

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
#1406 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Banned

Did anybody else notice Claire would be so much more comfortable if she shifted the sling down a bit and wear it properly? :
#1407 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_work_in_progress View Post
Did anybody else notice Claire would be so much more comfortable if she shifted the sling down a bit and wear it properly? :
Yes! I was thinking the same thing, that Aaron didn't seem very secure the way she was wearing the sling.

So what happened to the walkie talkie that Paolo stole?

A few people on this thread have mentioned the foot from season 2. I've seen every episode but I don't remember the foot. Can someone refresh my memory?

I'm sad that Charlie is gone.

Mom to DS March '05 and : DD Feb. '08
#1408 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Good point. She probably meant her dh or SO but I am starting to doubt that it could be Sawyer. I can hold out hope though.
#1409 of 1493 Old 05-24-2007, 11:54 PM

ok got this off another website. Supposedly this is what the article said:

Quote:
"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue. Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft. Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room. According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham (sic) is survived by one teenaged son. Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."
This seems to back up my idea of Michael being the one in the coffin. Walt could be a teenager at the time of this flashback. Michael could be using an alias.
#1410 of 1493 Old 05-25-2007, 12:37 AM

yes!! and it would make sense why Kate would be disgusted at the thought of oing and no one else would go because Micheal betrayed them all.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page