Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else finish watching it?

I totally called the who at the end.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lissa, where are you? It hasn't started here yet (East Coast, US)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
Old 02-15-2007, 12:42 AM

S. Ontario- it is on at 8 here.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:52 AM

well, crap, i'm jealous! : Seven minutes to Lost over here!

Old 02-15-2007, 12:59 AM

Yay! Here we go... 2 minutes to go. . Im disgustingly excited.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:08 AM

Enjoy

Old 02-15-2007, 02:05 AM

:

i'm really tired, so that doesn't help, but i am confused...

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

Old 02-15-2007, 05:09 AM

Strange that this episode should come as I'm reading the Time Traveller's Wife
Old 02-15-2007, 05:37 AM

this show is driving me nuts :
Old 02-15-2007, 10:03 AM

that was a good episode!

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Old 02-15-2007, 11:03 AM

I don't like Charlie anymore and I'm sort of looking forward to Des' prediction coming true : He's just so freaking STALKERISH already. In the beginning, it was soooo cute how much he cared for Claire and tried to protect her and such....but cripes already.

But, part of me wonders, if Charlie dies, how Claire is going to take it.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
But, part of me wonders, if Charlie dies, how Claire is going to take it.
not that we see much of them.... but she doesn't seem all that attached...

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Old 02-15-2007, 11:46 AM

charlie can't die!!
i dont think he will though since they made it obvious he cant be saved i think with the island being powerful etc he'll live.

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
Old 02-15-2007, 11:50 AM

I knew it couldn't be Claire because what the heck would they feed Aaron. I also thought that Desmond seeing Charlie on the street would have significance.

Yeah CHarlie is so jealous/overprotective/etc, it is creepy.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:28 PM

Well, I know she doesn't seem very attached, but I think that's exactly why it'll affect her greatly. I think she'll have at least a few episodes where she's full of regret for not "letting him in". Does that make sense?

Old 02-15-2007, 01:39 PM

She used to be very attached to Charlie, until he kept taking Aaron and he told her about the drugs and that he'd kept that stash. In our time it was a long time ago, but in their time it was only a few days, perhaps even a week or 2. It'll take time for her to trust him again and they have shown spots where she does a bit.

I was wondering though, big explosion=going back in time. Thwack to the head=going back to the island. IF he really went back in time, and from the end of the show it sounds like he continues to do that if he knows what happens in the future. When they are allowed to leave(like Walt/Michael were and Ben told whatshername that she would be allowed to leave, do they go back to their old life where they left off(or even prior like Des did?)

Are they "allowed" to "go back" because Ben knows that they'll end up right back at the island?
Old 02-15-2007, 02:05 PM

EEK!

I watched it, but missed the first little 2 minute intro part...what happened ?? Did Claire swim, and she started to drown and Des went after her?? only it was really charlie?? Ignore me if its too hard to explain!

My dh watched it this morning...and he summed it up with:::

Man, it sucks to be Desmond!
Old 02-15-2007, 02:26 PM

I thought the episode was...OK. Not as good as last week, probably because I wasn't that suprised. I've been predicting Charlies death since he 'kicked the habit' so the 'revelation at the end' left me a bit bored.

I figured that the 'backward in time' aspect to Desmond never really happened, that it was all just in his head -- I really wanted him to ask Charlie if he remembered him from the streets of London, that would have been something!! But, as far as it goes it just looks to me like it was all in his head from the explosion. His subconscience running away with him.

I found the lady in the ring shop to be errily similar to the character in the movie Labyrinth (anyone remember that one from the '80s??) when the lady on the bike with all the junk is trying to convince the main character of her version of reality. I don't think it's a "formal" connection like the biblical stuff, just thought it was an interesting comparison.

Hopefully next week will be better, the previews look good!!
Old 02-15-2007, 02:27 PM

What happened was this:

Charlie & Hurley were in Sawyer's tent, Desmond took them into the jungle where Sayid and Locke told them about Eko's death. Desmond does some of Joey Tribiani's "smell the fart acting" and runs out and saves Claire from Drowning.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxinsmom View Post
I found the lady in the ring shop
At the end, they showed preview for next week and a woman with white hair talking to Jack in one of the cages... I'm really not good with faces, but I wondered if it wasn't her?
Old 02-15-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom View Post
EEK!

I watched it, but missed the first little 2 minute intro part...what happened ?? Did Claire swim, and she started to drown and Des went after her?? only it was really charlie?? Ignore me if its too hard to explain!
oops, already been answered...
Old 02-15-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrabelly View Post

Desmond does some of Joey Tribiani's "smell the fart acting" and runs out and saves Claire from Drowning.

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

HoneyFern

The Blog

Never let your schooling interfere with your education. ~Mark Twain~

Old 02-15-2007, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF
I was wondering though, big explosion=going back in time. Thwack to the head=going back to the island. IF he really went back in time, and from the end of the show it sounds like he continues to do that if he knows what happens in the future. When they are allowed to leave(like Walt/Michael were and Ben told whatshername that she would be allowed to leave, do they go back to their old life where they left off(or even prior like Des did?)

Are they "allowed" to "go back" because Ben knows that they'll end up right back at the island?
Good question, Carrie. I think Desmond's "leaving" was different than Michael's with Walt, which Ben allowed. And would be different, I assume, than Juliet's eventual/possible departure from the island.

Desmond's case seemed related specifically to his having turned the key. He got slammed.

I agree with your "IF he really went back in time" comment because I think it's a pretty big "if." I took it as really happening as I watched, but there's the element of him just "waking up" in the jungle after the Big Event and it all could have been a mental experience right there on the island while he was out. Obviously, he is altered since having turned the key. I don't know if that means he's really time traveling or not.

But anyway, I think whatever is happening with him doesn't relate to what happens to people who leave the island (like Michael) in the sense of going right back into their lives and having no memory, or just fragments of memory, the way Desmond did. It feels different, not just "what happens when you leave the island," and I think it's a direct result of what happened to him in the hatch.

Something I wonder is if Ben really does have the power to allow or disallow Juliet's leaving. Who is Jacob, and how does he fit? Was Jacob the one who decided whose names went on the lists? Would Ben be able to make a decision about Juliet being free to go or not? And would Juliet look solely to Ben for that? (I know we saw him send off Michael and Walt, but that was planned. Possibly endorsed before the fact by Jacob or whoever would need to authorize it. And it's certainly plausible that they'd allow it to look a certain way--like Ben was the head honcho--in order to influence Jack's & the others' perceptions after having had Ben in captivity. We've had indications that this is the case, but never direct confirmation. After all, it always seemed before like Tom/Zeke was the man in charge in most earlier scenes with the Others....) So is it just Ben's decision? And who is Jacob/how does he fit in?

Does anyone know the woman Jack was yelling at in the previews for next week? I'm assuming it was one of the passengers stolen by the Others, but wondered if it was a familiar face. Weren't the majority of those stolen actually taken from the Tailees camp? I know there was at least one kidnapping from Jack's camp, resulting in (I think) the botched attempt to snag Eko and one Other being killed, and their finding the list with the names. But weren't there more people taken from the Tailees (and so, not survivors Jack was familiar with, right?)
Old 02-15-2007, 02:49 PM

Yesterday, before the episode, I was reading a thread at the fuselage about last week's Easter Eggs and someone mentioned that way back in Season One the powers that be declared the show had nothing to do with Time Travel. So that means that this either was not truly time travel or that this one episode doesn't count and that they were speaking generally for the entire show.

I tend to think it all happened in Des' head.

On a side note, in that same thread someone stated a theory I'd never heard before that I liked a lot. Something about a time loop where two of the Losties turn out to BE Adam & Eve (the skeletons).
Old 02-15-2007, 02:49 PM

I think the chick Jack was yelling at was the flight attendant...Cindy? I think that was her name.

And the woman with "white hair" looked like she had blonde hair to me. (the one in the previews, not the one in this last episode.)

The white haired lady talking to desmond is the same actress who played the housekeeper in The Others with Nicole Kidman. Interesting connection.

She's a famous actress in Ireland.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
IF he really went back in time, and from the end of the show it sounds like he continues to do that if he knows what happens in the future.
I don't know if it sounds like he continues to move around in time.

I guess I'm not sure what's going on with Desmond. I took his precognition (knowing about Locke's speech before it happened, knowing the lightning would strike) as a result of whatever happened to him in the hatch/turning the key. He did go through the re-experiencing of his own backstory, which could have happened or could have been a mental experience while he was knocked out in the jungle. He did say that he's been saving Charlie (not Claire) and that could mean that he's experienced their island experience before and keeps re-experiencing it and creating alternate realities (in which Charlie doesn't die....yet) but I'm not sure when that's happening or how much.

So, did he really hear Claire? (Rather than really just "knowing," the way it's been with the other things?) I suspect he just knew, and that's the gift/curse he carries now. He said he heard her to explain it away to those questioning him.

The extra dimension (to just knowing to save her) was that he knew it had happened (she went swimming, had trouble, and Charlie went in to save her and drowned?) so he interceded to keep Charlie out of harm's way (this time.)

I wonder if he's saying he's experienced this before (and keeps traveling forward and back) or if he's basically just saying that he sees things before they happen and tries to act in a way that prevents the possible bad outcome? I think the latter way is loads easier to deal with, but I'm not sure what he was saying, himself.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyC View Post
Does anyone know the woman Jack was yelling at in the previews for next week?
At one point he was yelling at Cindy who was (supposedly) a stewardess and a tailie. taily?
Old 02-15-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
And the woman with "white hair" looked like she had blonde hair to me. (the one in the previews, not the one in this last episode.)
sup I don't know why we didn't rewind to look closer
Old 02-15-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I think the chick Jack was yelling at was the flight attendant...Cindy? I think that was her name.

Oh, thanks. So we would have seen her in the backstory portions on the plane. Maybe she ended up as a survivor in the Tailees camp and then was stolen? Or was there a flight attendant in the Lostees camp at the beginning, too?

I admit I was excited to see the previews. It looks like it will be a good episode. Frustrating that Jack, whatever he learns, will be separated from the other survivors and they won't get to pow-wow about anything.

In the "scenes from," when Kate's asking someone about "the kids you guys took," did you think it was Carl she was questioning? (I should learn to roll tape for the scenes from next week, even though I'm not taping episodes. Those scenes go by too quickly!)

Nice touch to have Desmond pause and look at the enlistment sign or whatever it was. I seem to remember that when he's released from prison (in backstory that happens AFTER the stuff from this episode), he's been dishonorably discharged from the Scottish army or something.

User Tag List