LOST-season 3 second half - Page 50 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1471 of 1493 Old 05-29-2007, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post
Naomi did not get a message that Charlie died.

She said that Charlie saved them when he turned off the transmission blocker and her phone worked. The light on her phone turned form red to green.
I need to watch it again. I rewound it that night though and watched it twice. I'm almost positive it said "charlie died" and then she turned to them and lied and said that charlie saved them. I will atch it again this afternoon but I'm almost positve when it went from red to green there was also that message on the screen. I could be wrong, but twice I saw it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1472 of 1493 Old 05-29-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillywilson View Post
I see a lot of speculation about whether or not the "he" Kate refers to is her son. If this flash forward happens in 2007, then that would make a child she conceived in 2004 only 2 years old. Would she leave a 2 year old alone to wonder where she's gone to?
Even if she hadn't left him alone, she would probably still say something like "I have to get back to him" And if he was 2, I'd hope he'd be asleep at that hour of the night anyway!
#1473 of 1493 Old 05-29-2007, 04:47 PM

Oops!! You're right, it just said "channel Open" maybe the glare from where I was sitting made me read it wrong. Well, that's good, one less thing to obsess about for the next 8 months!
#1474 of 1493 Old 05-29-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandavery View Post
There is something I was dreaming and thinking about in the middle of the night last night. Remember when Jack first reads the article/obituary? He called someone while he was on the bridge and said "It's me. I just found out about [or read about]..." and then hung up. This seemed like a very personal call (he did not give his name), and also like it was a loved one of the person that died. Then he hung up like it was inappropriate for him to call. I doubt it was Kate based on her reaction later. I guess it could have been though.

At first, I thought he was calling his ex...but maybe I thought that b/c I was still unsure about the flashback/forward thing. I had noticed the phone at that point, but I got my Razor right when they came out. Whas that 2004? 2005? I just remember thinking it possible that maybe it was still a flashback...So much food for thought here!
#1475 of 1493 Old 05-29-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelovesmax View Post
About Jack's flashforwards...
I noticed that Claire is MIA, so does that mean he never found out that she is his sister, or they are not close, or she is not alive...
well, it was really a short time in jack's life - a day or 2 - so we can't really base anything on that just yet.
#1476 of 1493 Old 05-29-2007, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac'sMa View Post
Even if she hadn't left him alone, she would probably still say something like "I have to get back to him" And if he was 2, I'd hope he'd be asleep at that hour of the night anyway!
That's what I was thinking too. Kate could have left the child with a sitter. She wouldn't refer to the sitter for there to be the possibility she had one. It's one of those things that wouldn't need to be said explicity for Jack may already be aware of it.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#1477 of 1493 Old 05-30-2007, 11:06 AM

I've been wondering if the woman in the hospital is Claire. Could it be that the boy is Aaron? Could that much time have passed since the crash?
#1478 of 1493 Old 05-30-2007, 12:48 PM

I could've sworn that when he made that first phone call he said "Kelly, it's me."

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
#1479 of 1493 Old 05-30-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp127 View Post
I've been wondering if the woman in the hospital is Claire. Could it be that the boy is Aaron? Could that much time have passed since the crash?
I like the thought of this but the boy looked maybe as young as 5. I guess though with it being a flash forward.... who knows :shug
#1480 of 1493 Old 05-30-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I don't think so unless Aaron ages really fast from being on the island.

They are currently in 2004 right now & the scene with Jack in the "future" is 2007, only 3 years. Technically 2.5 years since the crash was in the fall of 2004 & the scene with Jack was in April 2007.
#1481 of 1493 Old 05-30-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
I could've sworn that when he made that first phone call he said "Kelly, it's me."
It's funny how we all hear different things. I thought he said, "Hey, it's me." I have it Tivo'd. I have to go back and watch it again. It all goes by so fast.
#1482 of 1493 Old 05-30-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mara View Post
I'm almost positive it said "charlie died" and then she turned to them and lied and said that charlie saved them.
I thought she said "Charlie did it." I just got to watch it yesterday; dh had taped it for me. I wonder if they will really leave the island...
#1483 of 1493 Old 05-31-2007, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluefish View Post
I thought she said "Charlie did it." I just got to watch it yesterday; dh had taped it for me. I wonder if they will really leave the island...
I heard "Charlie did it", too. And I imagine some of them will get off the island, eventually, but we still have 2 seasons to go, so I'll bet it won't be for quite awhile. I agree with PP's suspicions that instead of flashbacks we will now have "flashforwards" which will add to the confusion & theories.

CPST & mom

#1484 of 1493 Old 05-31-2007, 04:24 PM

: all I have to say is that they darn well better give me some answers on the series finale or I am going to be TICKED!
#1485 of 1493 Old 05-31-2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
I heard "Charlie did it", too. And I imagine some of them will get off the island, eventually, but we still have 2 seasons to go, so I'll bet it won't be for quite awhile. I agree with PP's suspicions that instead of flashbacks we will now have "flashforwards" which will add to the confusion & theories.
Is it a known fact that there will be only five seasons of the show? :

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
#1486 of 1493 Old 05-31-2007, 11:44 PM

There is actually going to be three more seasons of 16 episodes.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#1487 of 1493 Old 06-01-2007, 09:06 AM

I think that's silly...it won't start until around January and only last until May! They're just trying to milk it. The writers asked for only one/two more seasons, but ABC chose to make it longer. That means....added fillers:
Oh well, I'm sure they'll still do a great job!
I hate waiting!!!

Mama to a wild girl and a chill lil' man , wife to a mad scientist , and resident of a country that I love to hate and hate to love.
#1488 of 1493 Old 06-01-2007, 02:20 PM

i hate waiting to and i have noticed whenever ii ave to wait a log tie for something like a new season i lose interest by the tie the next season is starting. maybe most people don't but because i do it feels like bad business on their part.

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#1489 of 1493 Old 06-01-2007, 02:25 PM

Why are they waiting so long???
#1490 of 1493 Old 06-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Banned

money.

you see, hollywood is an industry. so, that's why they do these things. free tv is run the way that free print publications are run--advertisers pay for space. well, in tv-land, they pay for time.

so, lost is a hit, the time for commercials is limited, the time costs more to the advertisers. loosing a hit show means loosing money--what if it's replacement isn't a hit? and so on. . .

so that's why.

and they're also trying to revamp the whole 'seasons' thing into some year-round schedule, but also trying to make it fit with the old, secure contract schedules that writers, actors, directors and producers are used to. they're used to getting paid for 18 or 22 episodes to be shown from sept through may (with a break around christmas and a break from march to july--thohugh some producers working on pilots have to work super hard march through may). with the new system that they're trying to create, you might need somewhere around 30 or more episodes a year, running on an all-year, staggered calendar (with 'fall' and 'spring' start ups) for both production and showing.

this also messes up the game for advertisers, in that what makes a hit means different things at that point--how many episodes, how many people are watching--and tivo has really made a dent into this. so, how much should that time/space cost? if the show's a hit--how do they know? which numbers are coming from where? the fear is that the staggered time slots will take away from fall 'hits' thus deflating the advertisers investment mid-year.

and then there's those prod-crews to think of--you might need more than one or two, depending upon the unions, how many hours people can work, and how well the different crews may or may not work together--and then the filming schedule and how it affects the actors--always a big question as stars keep the show a hit, and the hit factor keeps the advertisers happy.

so that's the reason.

money.
#1491 of 1493 Old 06-02-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfroggy View Post
i hate waiting to and i have noticed whenever ii ave to wait a log tie for something like a new season i lose interest by the tie the next season is starting. maybe most people don't but because i do it feels like bad business on their part.
I agree, the anticipation seems to dwindle more the longer you wait. However, for me, as soon as I watch that season premiere, I'm right back in it.

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
#1492 of 1493 Old 06-03-2007, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama View Post
Why are they waiting so long???
I have heard that they want to make sure that the show is in full action during spring sweeps.

Also, fans really disliked the season 2 repeats dispersed throughout the season. Fans also were very vocal about disliking the break in season 3, so they decided to run the show without repeats or disruption.

I know the writers said that they pushed for a continuous season, but ABC decides the time slot, day, and premiere time (from what I have heard).
#1493 of 1493 Old 06-03-2007, 09:48 PM

For my birthday a few days ago, my dd gave me the book "Unlocking the Meaning of Lost: an unauthorized guide to seasons 1 through 3." I've already started reading it and it's full of fantastic insights!

She also gave me the soundtrack to the Lost series. It's spooky music; and it always ends with that eeerie slide and loud clang sound at the end. Heh.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page