No Dancing with the Stars thread? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 99 Old 04-20-2007, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xmom View Post

I liked also when Clyde said that the judges need to realize they are not American Idol and not striving to be the best dancers. He had a good point, however, I think it probably was about time for him to do. I wonder who will be next week.
I get that these people are not joining dance troupes afterwards but it is still a competition.

Quote:
Just wanted to add that Jimmy Kimmell is starting to get on my nerves.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#62 of 99 Old 04-20-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post

I am not that surprised she was in the bottom 2. People wanted to keep her in to see how she'd do, now that they've seen it I think people are over her and especially over how they keep going on and on about her leg. We get it, move on and judge her like the other contestants.
I'm surprised. She won't win, but she really works at it and is enthusiastic when she dances.

Quote:
I do find the entire judging system to be a bit unfair as the girls always have way more moves & work to do than the guys.
:

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#63 of 99 Old 04-23-2007, 11:25 PM

Poor Ian : he tries soooooooo hard; I thought he was great, but apparently I don't know what I'm talking about.

John: I love'em but I think the only thing that may keep him in is that he's the Cheers guy that does all those Pixar films.

Joey looked like he was trying hard; it was ok.

I love Apollo but I HATE HATE HATE the music and costumes (hated Ian's musice too).

I thought Heather did well (she had good music ). Her partner is so handsome : .

Billy Ray's routine was good, but he's making up his own steps ; either him or Cheers guy will go this week.

Laila: She's a pretty good dancer, but

Heather said she was told what dance they were doing, so I think they are told the dance, music, costumes and just have imput after that.

Were did this smilie come from ?

#64 of 99 Old 04-24-2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'mmykid'$mom View Post
Poor Ian : he tries soooooooo hard; I thought he was great, but apparently I don't know what I'm talking about.

Me too! He looked crushed when they were giving him comments. I felt so bad for him b/c you could tell he thought he had done a good job (and I thought he did also). Poor guy.

Loved Apollo and I think Leila gets better every week.

I really enjoyed the group swing dance.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#65 of 99 Old 04-24-2007, 10:18 AM

I missed Laila's first preformance. I thought she was weak in the swing dance.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#66 of 99 Old 04-24-2007, 11:03 AM

I didn't see much of the swing dance, but I liked really liked Laila's dance. She and Apollo are still my two favorites. I felt bad for Ian as well, I hope it makes it and is able to really get the judges next week.
#67 of 99 Old 04-24-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'mmykid'$mom View Post
Heather said she was told what dance they were doing, so I think they are told the dance, music, costumes and just have imput after that.
They pick out their own costumes. The professionals were talking about it a week or 2 ago about how they have to do all the costume planning plus choreography.
#68 of 99 Old 04-25-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
They pick out their own costumes. The professionals were talking about it a week or 2 ago about how they have to do all the costume planning plus choreography.
Ohhhhhhhhh, I guess I thought otherwise because they said other people plan/do their hair and make-up and make adjustments to them after the dress rehersal.

In other news...I'm sad that Heather was voted off. She's a better dancer than BillyRay or John, but not as cute. I guess the one legged dancer novelty has worn off : .

#69 of 99 Old 05-01-2007, 11:11 AM

So what are your guesses for this week? I'm guessing John, although I think it should be Billy Ray.
#70 of 99 Old 05-01-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
So what are your guesses for this week? I'm guessing John, although I think it should be Billy Ray.
My guess is Billy Ray....pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese let Billy Ray go. He's not even trying to learn the actual dances.

I think John's partner is approaching it wrong. She needs to pretend she's Catherine Zeta Jones and John is Micheal Douglas and she is seducing him . Poor John; he's "old". I get it. Really.

#71 of 99 Old 05-01-2007, 12:21 PM

Billy Ray has got to go! He is so bad, it's painful, imo. But as much as I like John, I cannot stand Edyta for some reason so I wouldn't cry to see them go just because I can't stand to watch her.
#72 of 99 Old 05-01-2007, 08:20 PM

I don't like Edyta much either, but I think I like Billy Ray even less. Hmm... tough choice!!
#73 of 99 Old 05-02-2007, 10:51 AM

OK, so Billy Ray was completely disappointed that he didn't get booted. I think I heard him tell John that he was so jealous of him. I'm hoping people will stop voting for him now. Please stop voting for him!!!!!!
#74 of 99 Old 05-02-2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:
OK, so Billy Ray was completely disappointed that he didn't get booted. I think I heard him tell John that he was so jealous of him. I'm hoping people will stop voting for him now. Please stop voting for him!!!!!!

#75 of 99 Old 05-03-2007, 09:20 AM

I've also heard that BRC really wants to go. I hope he is put out of his misery next week. I can't imagine him hanging on much longer.
#76 of 99 Old 05-08-2007, 10:40 AM

Anyone else cry last night? My hats off to Laila for her tribute to her dad. It was very touching. She obviously has a lot of love/respect for him.

Billy Ray is sure getting a beating but he really needs to go now. I hope he goes tonight.

I really liked Apollo and Julianne's dance - they are really good.
#77 of 99 Old 05-08-2007, 09:13 PM

I think it'll be down to Apolo and Joey at the end. They are clearly the best and Apolo has a huge teenybopper fan base by the sound of the audience last night!
#78 of 99 Old 05-08-2007, 09:18 PM

I think it will be Ian and Billy Ray in the bottom 2. But I worry that Billy Ray has such a large fan base, he'll stay. I like the guy. I really do. and he has improved. But it's time for him to go.

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
#79 of 99 Old 05-08-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Wonder View Post
I think it will be Ian and Billy Ray in the bottom 2. But I worry that Billy Ray has such a large fan base, he'll stay. I like the guy. I really do. and he has improved. But it's time for him to go.

Yup, that's what I think. Bruno calling his dance crap may just bring out more votes just for spite.

On a different note, does anyone see nothing chemistry-wise between Ian and Cheryl? Or did they have a fling and break-up so now there is weird tension? I don't know if she is just quiet or if they hate each other. That cake at her chest was a little weird, almost staged to get more votes. Am I imagining it?
#80 of 99 Old 05-08-2007, 10:45 PM

COMMERCIAL BREAK
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
OMFG! I am so shocked and surprised! Ian and Cheryl!!!

ANOTHER COMMERCIAL BREAK
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Again- OMG! I CAN NOT BELIEVE Joey and Kim are in the bottom 2!

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
#81 of 99 Old 05-08-2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Yup, that's what I think. Bruno calling his dance crap may just bring out more votes just for spite.

On a different note, does anyone see nothing chemistry-wise between Ian and Cheryl? Or did they have a fling and break-up so now there is weird tension? I don't know if she is just quiet or if they hate each other. That cake at her chest was a little weird, almost staged to get more votes. Am I imagining it?
Yeah, their chem is lacking. Laila and her partner have more chemistry and sometimes I think he barely tolerates her .

#82 of 99 Old 05-09-2007, 09:22 AM

SPOILERS HERE!!!

Very interesting that Joey and Kim got in the bottom two. I wonder if it was his "confidence" that put him there.

Thank goodness Billy Ray is gone!!! I thought it was very funny that Karina and he were laughing and jiving to the serious beat of the bottom two music.
#83 of 99 Old 05-09-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:

I didn't see the cake. What happened with that?

I wanted to like Ian so bad, but I just can't. I think he was good the first few shows but now he's whiny. Whereas Apolo has clearly improved and is so into it. I feel bad for Cheryl--I love her and really would have liked her to win again. She and Drew had AWESOME chemistry. I'm rooting for Apolo and Julianne now.
#84 of 99 Old 05-09-2007, 10:05 PM

When they did the little "what happened this week at rehearsals" footage for them, they showed that it was Cheryl's birthday. Ian came in with cake and balloons, they sat down to eat cake and she shoved some in his face, soit became a cake fight where he took the whole cake, threatened to get her in the face, but then shoved it into her chest. I don't know, it was just wierd in how they did it. Something about it...
#85 of 99 Old 05-10-2007, 02:18 AM

I taped the dancing show this week but have to watch it now, I did see some of the dances here and there. Interested in the whole cake thing

I LOVE Apolo and Julianne. I think Joey is great but I bet his attitude got him in the bottom 2. I also think the Lela is not that good. She is not smooth to me, I think the judges are just afriad she will beat them up! : Seriously I don't get why she gets 10, I don't like to watch her. And yes Ian is a bit of a whiner but I understand why, he is better, imo, then Lela and yet he does not get the 10???? It's like they just don't like him.

Poor Billy Ray, he seems like a nice guy but he REALLY should have gone from the beginning. Fans are great but not when they keep in someone who clearly does not deserve to win. Poor guy tried his hardest though

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
#86 of 99 Old 05-10-2007, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBug View Post
I also think the Lela is not that good. She is not smooth to me, I think the judges are just afriad she will beat them up! : Seriously I don't get why she gets 10, I don't like to watch her. And yes Ian is a bit of a whiner but I understand why, he is better, imo, then Lela and yet he does not get the 10???? It's like they just don't like him.
Laila gets better scores because learning the woman's part of the dance is MUCH harder than the man's part. The other remaining celebrities are all men, so by default the dances they are learning are easier than what Laila is learning.
#87 of 99 Old 05-10-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Laila gets better scores because learning the woman's part of the dance is MUCH harder than the man's part. The other remaining celebrities are all men, so by default the dances they are learning are easier than what Laila is learning.
Good point

I really like Laila. I tend to side more with those that start from the bottom up and who don't really have ANY dance experience at all. Considering Laila is a boxer she is very graceful and very much a lady.

I want to see Apolo and Laila in finals and would be happy if either won.
#88 of 99 Old 05-11-2007, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckrause View Post
II wanted to like Ian so bad, but I just can't. I think he was good the first few shows but now he's whiny. Whereas Apolo has clearly improved and is so into it. I feel bad for Cheryl--I love her and really would have liked her to win again. She and Drew had AWESOME chemistry.
Yeah, Cheryl and Drew had such great chemistry, I don't think another partner can top that! Also , Tony and Stacey were such a great team- I felt like it was so wrong of him to be dancing with another woman to 'their' Nelly furtado song that they did the rhumba to!
#89 of 99 Old 05-11-2007, 05:22 PM

See now I thought I heard them say in a previous season that the man's part was harder because he is the one who is supposed to guide the woman and such. Yes the woman sometimes have to do more things that require flexibility, but other then that the men have a harder time. It's easy to be spun when the one spinning you can control it.

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
#90 of 99 Old 05-11-2007, 09:34 PM

I think it's harder for the guy too. That's what they kept saying in past seasons, anyway. I do think it's harder to lead than to follow but I'm basing that on my 8yo's dance lessons so maybe I'm off base.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page