No Dancing with the Stars thread? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 99 Old 03-19-2007, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What did you think?

I missed the first hour, I thought it was recording but it wasn't.

I think Leila Ali and Apolo Ohno are the frontrunners. (Although I missed Joey Fat-One and it sounded like he did well)

Poor Edyta, she is so gracious and gorgeous and she always gets geezers for partners.
#2 of 99 Old 03-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Banned

I liked Ian and Joey. Apollo didn't do it for me.
#3 of 99 Old 03-20-2007, 01:06 AM

Still watching, but so far my eye is on Ian & Joey!!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#4 of 99 Old 03-20-2007, 07:37 AM

I like the first ones. Actually Joey Fat One was awesome but i really don't think it is fair that he is even in there considering he made a living and was made famous due to his dancing 'insync'
#5 of 99 Old 03-20-2007, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinkisser View Post
I like the first ones. Actually Joey Fat One was awesome but i really don't think it is fair that he is even in there considering he made a living and was made famous due to his dancing 'insync'
Yeah, that doesn't seem too fair. Like Drew Lachey on the other season- he already had more dance experience than the other ones.

It sounds like I missed all the good ones- didn't see Ian at all.
#6 of 99 Old 03-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Little known fact... Joey didn't do a lot of dancing for N'Sync. In videos, Wade Robinson (famous choreography/"6th member of the group") doubled the dancing for Joey and on tour he wasn't included in the heavy dance routines.
#7 of 99 Old 03-20-2007, 12:10 PM

Wade Robinson only did the choreography for Joey Fatone in one video(POP? i think thats the song) frm what I know when Joey had broke his foot. I could be wrong but frm what I know he was in the rest.
I think the real reason people are very interested in watching this year is to see if Heather Mills leg will fall off. Which is horrible...but still makes me laugh..only a little!!

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#8 of 99 Old 03-20-2007, 01:10 PM

Either that or they wanted her to fall. I am so glad that she showed everyone. She held her own!!
#9 of 99 Old 03-20-2007, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiesmommy View Post
I think the real reason people are very interested in watching this year is to see if Heather Mills leg will fall off. Which is horrible...but still makes me laugh..only a little!!
Tee hee hee. I didn't want to see if her leg fell off, but I am interested to see how she dances and walks so smoothly with the prosthetic leg. It is amazing. I did think it was funny when she introduced herself to her partner, and she was like "Hi, I'm Heather and I have an artifical leg here"
#10 of 99 Old 03-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Banned

I think the whole UK hates her.
#11 of 99 Old 03-20-2007, 05:19 PM

YEah, apparently they hate her in the UK. I have no feelings for her one way or the other, but I hope her leg doesn't fall off while dancing. That would be weird.

Ian and Joey are definitely the best so far. I hated Ian on 90210 but I admit he may win me over... he seems far less annoying now.
#12 of 99 Old 03-20-2007, 08:47 PM

Why do they hate her?
#13 of 99 Old 03-20-2007, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

I had no idea they hated her. Is it because they are loyal to Paul McCartney and see her as an enemy? Notice they very pointedly didn't mention any association with him?
#14 of 99 Old 03-20-2007, 10:07 PM

Yeah, they hate her and see her as a gold digger over there. I don't see it that way and I have a lot of empathy for her. I think that Paul and Stella McCartney look like pretty vile people if they really are saying what they're saying about her in the press and behind closed doors.

I watched because I want to see Heather do well and become known and loved in the US on her own. I think she deserves a little come-uppance.
#15 of 99 Old 03-21-2007, 10:45 AM

I was really suprised at how well John Ratzenberger danced. He is by far the best geezer yet.

Heather looked very uncomfortable on camera.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#16 of 99 Old 03-21-2007, 11:23 AM

Did anyone notice that no one clapped when they gave Heather's score? I do have to admit she has alot of guts for signing up for DWS, but I don't know how much she is going to be received here in the states. It may take some people a while to warm up to her.

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, that doesn't seem too fair. Like Drew Lachey on the other season- he already had more dance experience than the other ones.
Exactly. I think they should be people who have NO dance experience.
Even that Staci Keebler, the wrestler had dance lessons - I think it was ballet.

I liked Laila - she is gorgeous.
Billy Ray was so awful - it was pitiful
John Ratzenberger was pretty good too.
#17 of 99 Old 03-21-2007, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xmom View Post
Exactly. I think they should be people who have NO dance experience.
Even that Staci Keebler, the wrestler had dance lessons - I think it was ballet.
Staci was a cheerleader! So she definitely has dance experience.

In general I agree with the sentiment that it should be beginning dancers. I would have hated to have missed Drew on the show, though.
#18 of 99 Old 03-21-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamma Mia View Post
Yeah, they hate her and see her as a gold digger over there. I don't see it that way and I have a lot of empathy for her. I think that Paul and Stella McCartney look like pretty vile people if they really are saying what they're saying about her in the press and behind closed doors.

I watched because I want to see Heather do well and become known and loved in the US on her own. I think she deserves a little come-uppance.
Ditto Ditto Ditto!! Maybe I am in the minority, but the Beatles hold no significance for me so screw Paul as far as I am concerned. I think she had been treated so badly by the press in the UK.
#19 of 99 Old 03-21-2007, 06:53 PM

I love the Cheers guy : . Apollo and his partner seem really good and obscenely attractive (she sure knows how to wear fringe ). Heather seems a bit stiff but is doing amazingly well with her leg (I think it's said that a man with a super and long first marriage, and met the second doing land mine? charity work is having such a vicious divorce. I wonder what happened between the two of them?). I don't hold much hope for the basketball guy; we'll see.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#20 of 99 Old 03-21-2007, 08:20 PM

I thought Laila Ali and Joey Fatone did great! Billy Ray Cyrus was ridiculously bad - his daughter was in the audience looking mortified!
#21 of 99 Old 03-22-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Staci was a cheerleader! So she definitely has dance experience.

She had taken dance lessons before becoming a cheerleader. I remember reading that somewhere after seeing her on the show and that kind of explained it for me as to why she was so good. And not to take anything away from her, b/c I really liked her. But she wasn't "just a wrestler".

I just hope that they don't keep talking about Heather's leg over and over and over and over next week. I do commend her, but she's going to have to move beyond that a little. Makes me wonder if we are exploiting her and her disability or if she is exploiting us for sympathy since she can't get it from her home country, or maybe just a little of both - I dunno.
#22 of 99 Old 03-23-2007, 09:02 PM

subbing...looking forward to next week

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#23 of 99 Old 03-23-2007, 11:45 PM

Joey did a great job and I didn't want to like him. John Ratz. did very well to for someone with little practice. Laila was the best female celeb. Leeza was just too stiff. Billy Rae just cracked me up.

And I fell in love with Apollo It's got to be hard to compete in real events and in DWTS as well. He did a great job, plus he's just easy to watch
#24 of 99 Old 03-24-2007, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelf View Post
Joey did a great job and I didn't want to like him. John Ratz. did very well to for someone with little practice. Laila was the best female celeb. Leeza was just too stiff. Billy Rae just cracked me up.

And I fell in love with Apollo It's got to be hard to compete in real events and in DWTS as well. He did a great job, plus he's just easy to watch

They remind me of Hailey and Mateo from AMC and I never actually watched that soap .

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#25 of 99 Old 03-27-2007, 11:16 AM

The judges need to score a little bit better. There needed to be some 5's.

Laila was awesome.

There doesn't seem to be a clear bottom like in the past. Billy Ray improved so much and was entertaining. Ms.USA and Leeza were probably the most marginal.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#26 of 99 Old 03-27-2007, 04:29 PM

this week, I think Shandi and Paulina were the worst, but even so they weren't *that* bad. Billy Ray did an excellent job. it's like he gets it now. Heather's performance rocked. And I'm still in love with Apolo
#27 of 99 Old 03-27-2007, 05:21 PM

My favorites are Apolo, Joey, Ian, and the guy from Cheers. For the gals, I only have one favorite & that it Laila Ali (I think she is the most beautiful too!).

I wonder who goes home? I think it will be a girl. My guess are Paulina, Lizza Gibbons, and one who's name I can not remember the Miss America Girl.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#28 of 99 Old 03-27-2007, 06:38 PM

I've officially become a couch potato. I watched some of this last night and it looks like I'm hooked on a new show. :
#29 of 99 Old 03-27-2007, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, leeza is 50? I thought she was going to say 40! She looks great.
#30 of 99 Old 03-28-2007, 10:34 AM

Laila is my #1 female choice and Apollo is my #1 male choice so far.

Billy Ray really did step it up and improved alot. I guess America likes Heather Mills better than some thought b/c she was somewhere in the middle. Regardless of her personal life, she does seem to be doing fairly well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page