So You Think You Can Dance? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 483 Old 06-08-2007, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilajolene View Post
I wonder how many of the siblings would still get on if they didn't advertise that they were related to previous talent.

Yeah, the men aren't the best this year. I thought that one guy they kept calling "weird" was pretty amazing. He does seem a bit nutty, though.

Is there any rhyme or reason to the days it's on? Does it have a set schedule?
I don't think being related to Stanislav helped Faina much! He got voted off like 5 seconds after the top 20 stuff started!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 483 Old 06-08-2007, 10:36 PM

I tuned in to see the Gold Masked Hopping Guy!

I kind of like this show. I think it gets better as the dancers are weeded down to those who can *actually* dance.
#63 of 483 Old 06-09-2007, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devster4fun View Post
I think it gets better as the dancers are weeded down to those who can *actually* dance.

I agree...they have amazing dancers every time, too.
#64 of 483 Old 06-09-2007, 04:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That robot dance guy was so awesome. I was so thrilled to hear he could get in a part in a movie!
#65 of 483 Old 06-12-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
Awww : what a fun way to spend your labor
Me too while bouncing on the birth ball and adding commentary! June 28, 2006. Watched the results show the next night while nursing the new arrival!

Love this show!

Mama to my beautiful boys born 6/29/06, 7/29/08, & 11/09/10.
#66 of 483 Old 06-13-2007, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! The first two couples have danced and they were both amazing. I wish I could dance like that.
#67 of 483 Old 06-13-2007, 10:13 PM

I wish I could stop missing the first 5-10 minutes of every eppisode! lol I'd die to have DVR.

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
#68 of 483 Old 06-13-2007, 11:52 PM

I can't remember anyone's name yet!! I love Jessi!! She just seems to have a great personality and she's an awesome dancer. I don't think the smooth waltz showed her off enough tonight though.

I love the jive couple, the broadway couple (and I don't like broadway!!), Jessi and Pasha..

Hated disco and the tango (it did look akward with her being so much taller than him!)..Faina doing hip-hop was also pretty rough..

It will be interesting to see who goes home..DH dislikes Lacey..He says she's trying too hard..

I was too lazy to vote tonight. I don't have favorites yet!

I LOOOOOOOVED seeing Allison in the audience though!! I loved her!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#69 of 483 Old 06-14-2007, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

I loved Anya, Jessie and Hok. My dh also dislikes Lacey. He thinks she's fake and full of herself.
#70 of 483 Old 06-14-2007, 02:39 AM

I LOVED Lacey! I thought she did excellent! Along with Danny and Anya. It was a great show.
#71 of 483 Old 06-14-2007, 03:03 AM

I'm so mad, I missed it! (although, I was napping, which I must say was rather nice!)

And tomorrow night I have plans, so I'll miss that one too... Thank goodness I have you all here to do commentary for me!
#72 of 483 Old 06-15-2007, 12:17 AM

What did everyone think? I wasn't surprised by who went home. In fact, Rick kinda creeped me out for some reason!

And Benji dropping his pants? Too funny..I never got him as a sex symbol though. I liked him but he's not my type AT ALL!

#73 of 483 Old 06-15-2007, 12:30 AM

Eh I didn't really like Benji. I thought Allison should've won it. But when he did that I was like, "OMG Nobody wants to see that!" lol

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
#74 of 483 Old 06-15-2007, 12:53 AM

Benji was on and I missed it? I must say that I'm glad I didn't see him drop trou. He's way too skinny/geeky/gay for me to want to see that.
#75 of 483 Old 06-15-2007, 10:26 AM

I wasn't feeling it from the 2 guys that stayed. Last night was the first time I saw Ricky dance. I thought he was great.

During auditions there was a guy that did some awesome popping/locking. He made Shane cry. I'm guessing that he couldn't deal with other types of dance. Can anyone remember who he was?

ETA: I love Benji, but didn't love the pants drop.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#76 of 483 Old 06-15-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonprysm View Post
Eh I didn't really like Benji. I thought Allison should've won it. But when he did that I was like, "OMG Nobody wants to see that!" lol
I thought Allison should've won too. I was MAD about that..Ah well..

The guy that made Shane cry went home during the first round in Vegas. Probably couldn't cut the other styles..I'm sure it's hard!!

#77 of 483 Old 06-15-2007, 10:51 AM

I was a bit bummed to see Ricky leave. It seems like he's one of the few guys this season who is proficient (or has the ability to be) in more than one style. The breakers are good, but I have to wonder if they'll really be able to pull off modern, etc. in the long term. I guess what Nigel said is true, though: when you're dancing for your life, you really need to give it all you've got or you'll pay the price.

#78 of 483 Old 06-15-2007, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

I'm glad Faina didn't get booted. I like her even though she doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the dancers. She always looks out of place when everyone else is hugging and chatting.

I'm also sad to see Ricky go. I agree that he is more likely to be able to do the other dances unlike the b boys who I just can't see pulling of any of the ballroom dances.

It was great seeing Benji again. I loved Alison last year but I was rooting for Benji.
#79 of 483 Old 06-15-2007, 01:37 PM

I was glad at the choice for the girl going home (can't remember her name).

I was guessing Dominic to go home. Oh well.

The pants drop thing was a bit of a shock. Wonder if it was a dare or something.

Rebecca wife of Megan...moms to six crazy kiddos! Seth (15), Madison (13), Zachary (12), Trevor (12), Alex (10), and Nicholas (9)
#80 of 483 Old 06-15-2007, 02:08 PM

I had a fussy babe during Benji's performance last night. Anyone seen it on YouTube yet?

ETA: Never mind. http://youtube.com/watch?v=8ljPmaIKEtA

Oh, Benji, Benji.

#81 of 483 Old 06-15-2007, 03:00 PM

I was folding clothes during the show and missed the pants drop but DH yells "LOOK! LOOK!" and I had to laugh..But honestly, he's jut not sexy to me. He's endearing and funny but not sexy...

I think it will be okay with Ricky gone. Pasha will do great with ballroom. And there are several other contemporary dancers, aren't there? I know the judges take that sort of thing into consideration when kicking someone off.

I think it's hard for those who are first to go home. We never really get to know them and start to like them a lot. And I think Ricky and Ashlee just got a bad pairing. They didn't look right together and their one dance wasn't great so they get booted!!

Faina does seem uncomfortable around the others. I think if she doesn't show more personality she might be one of the next to leave. I know that's what happened with her brother!

#82 of 483 Old 06-15-2007, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
I was folding clothes during the show and missed the pants drop but DH yells "LOOK! LOOK!" and I had to laugh..But honestly, he's jut not sexy to me. He's endearing and funny but not sexy...

I think it will be okay with Ricky gone. Pasha will do great with ballroom. And there are several other contemporary dancers, aren't there? I know the judges take that sort of thing into consideration when kicking someone off.

I think it's hard for those who are first to go home. We never really get to know them and start to like them a lot. And I think Ricky and Ashlee just got a bad pairing. They didn't look right together and their one dance wasn't great so they get booted!!
I feel the same way about Benji- he has a great personality and is a terrific dancer, but no, definitely did not want to see that!!

While Ricky really got on my nerves, I think based on their performances he really should have stayed. That breakdancer's solo was not good at all- just the spinning on his hands and not much more. Ricky was so much more versatile.

It bugged me how they kept complaining that Ashely was so much taller than her partner- THEY paired them up!! They did the best with the partners and the dance styles they were given. Tho I must admit to giggling like mad at the clips of her leading him around the ballroom, that was hilarious!

Alison love her!! Wonder what she's up to now! I miss Alison and Ivan!
#83 of 483 Old 06-15-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
While Ricky really got on my nerves, I think based on their performances he really should have stayed. That breakdancer's solo was not good at all- just the spinning on his hands and not much more. Ricky was so much more versatile.
Which one? Dominic or Cedric? I really think Dominic is more versatile than Ricky, so I'm glad he stayed. He rocked the Disco and showed so much promise. I can totally see him branching out into other styles, but I really can't see Ricky doing hip-hop.

It's so hard to pick a favorite this year. So far, I'm thinking it's Hok, although Pasha was wonderful on Wednesday night and looked great in the Wade Robson routine last night. I was really surprised!

I still wish Travis had won last year.
#84 of 483 Old 06-15-2007, 11:09 PM

Did anyone else see Travis, Benji, Ivan, and Dmitri in the audience behind the choreographers? I am hoping the top six perform b/c I love Ivan as well.

Rebecca wife of Megan...moms to six crazy kiddos! Seth (15), Madison (13), Zachary (12), Trevor (12), Alex (10), and Nicholas (9)
#85 of 483 Old 06-15-2007, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
I wanted Ricky to stay over Dominic. I like Dominic, but I've seen that dance from him pretty much every time, and the part he was doing in between the spinning was just boring. I really enjoyed Ricky's dance, but I will admit I don't get half of what the critics complain about.
#86 of 483 Old 06-16-2007, 12:45 AM

New here - love the show!

I also wanted Ricky to stay. I was a bit bummed he got sent home.

I agree with the Benji thing - funny but oh not so sexy hehe.
#87 of 483 Old 06-16-2007, 11:45 PM

Just watched it last night. I thought for sure it would be Dominic to go home, not Ricky. I was really surprised. I thought the spinning all over the floor was "been there, done that." I don't really understand contemporary dance sometimes, but I think Ricky has talent in that area.

I wanted Allison to win last season, too! Lauren does remind me of her, like Nigel said.

I thought Benji dropping his pants was hysterical, and typical goofball Benji.

Not sure I have a favorite yet, although I do like Hok a lot!
#88 of 483 Old 06-16-2007, 11:49 PM

Right now my two faves are Hok and Benji's sister (forgot her name). I thought she did a fantastic job with Mia's choreography - total chills from that routine.
#89 of 483 Old 06-21-2007, 04:39 PM

Did anyone watch last night?

I actually liked most of the dances. I don't know who is going home, but the judges didn't dig on Hok's dance too much, so I hope it's not him. Hopefully, he'll have fan votes and won't be in the bottom three. I'm not ready to see him leave yet.

Dominic surprised me with his contemporary dance! I thought he did quite well.

Ooops, crying baby, gotta go...
#90 of 483 Old 06-21-2007, 04:44 PM

I watched it! I doubt Hok will be in the bottom three, but if he is I don't think the judges will send him packing yet.

I have to say I really like Lacey and Kameron. I was all ready to not be so impressed with her, but she is really good. I like Danny and his partner as well.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page