Journeyman - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 48 Old 07-18-2007, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just saw an ad for a new show in the fall called Journeyman...the lead is the main guy from Rome, I think his name was Vorenus.

It looked kind of interesting, involving time travel. Anyone heard anything about this? I'm so ready for fall with the new batch of TV shows, as well as my old favorites. I'm so tired in the evening that I find it hard to read, but I love vegging out in front of a good show. What new shows are you looking forward to this fall?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 48 Old 09-26-2007, 12:57 PM

dh and I caught part of this on monday, wow, what a great show! I'm happy they're replaying the episode on saturday, I really liked what little I saw. I'm interested in watching the whole thing. Of course, that means I'll be hooked on another tv show!
#3 of 48 Old 09-26-2007, 04:20 PM

I was looking forward to watching it..but our lives are hectic lately and I have totally lost track of the new shows this season...
#4 of 48 Old 09-27-2007, 12:44 AM

saw it and liked it - thanks for telling me who the guy was, knew he was familiar but didn't place him in ancient rome :-)
will watch again...
#5 of 48 Old 10-08-2007, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
we have DVR'ed the first two episodes and watched them, and I really like it!
#6 of 48 Old 10-12-2007, 04:53 PM

I think the show is pretty good.
#7 of 48 Old 10-12-2007, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It's a pretty good show. And I like that it takes place in San Francisco, since I grew up there. Like when he was there in 1989, I thought, Oh, the earthquake. I remember the earthquake. I think more than 57 people died in it, though. I think it was over 70.
#8 of 48 Old 10-12-2007, 10:21 PM

we like it.
#9 of 48 Old 10-13-2007, 02:33 PM

Dh likes it and I watch it with him. It's pretty interesting. I decided it's as though "Quantum Leap" married The Time Traveler's Wife and had a baby.
#10 of 48 Old 10-16-2007, 06:05 PM

I started watching this show almost entirely because of Kevin McKidd (Lucius Vorenus on Rome), but now it is really starting to grow on me. I particularly liked last night's episode. The previews for next week kind of creeped me out though - the part where he time travels and leaves his son alone. :

Adele geek.gif, Mommy to Adelia hearts.gif7/31/2000, wife to Rod fuzmalesling.gif, and co-owner of Max dog2.gif

#11 of 48 Old 10-16-2007, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Interesting show if a bit slow at times. I like the characters and love the concept.

Re next weeks show: If he's prone to "traveling" at a seconds notice without warning being the lone adult with the kid seems super dumb. His wife is gonna be so ticked lol.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#12 of 48 Old 10-16-2007, 09:52 PM

I really do not like the the wife. I can't pinpoint if it is the actress or how the character is written.

I really do like the episodes I have seen so far. A little slow, but I'm hoping it picks up more.
#13 of 48 Old 10-16-2007, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnschoolnMa View Post
Interesting show if a bit slow at times. I like the characters and love the concept.

Re next weeks show: If he's prone to "traveling" at a seconds notice without warning being the lone adult with the kid seems super dumb. His wife is gonna be so ticked lol.
I told dh the same thing! I said what mother in their right mind leaves their 5 year old (I'm thinking the kid is 5) with an unreliable adult? He might be a great dad, but let's face it, with the time traveling he's not the most reliable guy!
#14 of 48 Old 10-23-2007, 11:58 AM

I have been watching with the hope that it will turn into a good show.

I love Kevin McKidd - but I wish he would just travel back waaayyy back in time .....

All the way to Rome.
#15 of 48 Old 10-23-2007, 01:20 PM

I enjoyed last night's episode. I was glad to see the son was not actually alone with his father at the street fair. I kind of like the wife, but Olivia really gets on my nerves. I can't imagine what Dan sees in her.

I thought it was really sweet when the little boy said he saw and thought it was cool and when Dan asked what he saw his son said, "Your magic."

Adele geek.gif, Mommy to Adelia hearts.gif7/31/2000, wife to Rod fuzmalesling.gif, and co-owner of Max dog2.gif

#16 of 48 Old 10-23-2007, 03:43 PM

I'm really loving this show. My favorite part is the time specific music they play. Lots of good songs.
#17 of 48 Old 10-24-2007, 01:16 AM

I like this show too. I missed last night's episode, power went out, and have recorded but not yet watched the week before that. It's weird that Livia time travelled as a child, stopped and then started again. i wonder why.
Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
#18 of 48 Old 10-30-2007, 03:11 PM

I enjoyed last night's episode. I like that they developed the relationship between the brothers more. Livia continues to really irritate me. At least she wasn't in this one too much. I'm settling into the show so I'm no longer "giving it one or two more episodes" and it's just one of the shows I watch now. Not my favorite, but not one I question why I'm still watching either.

#19 of 48 Old 10-30-2007, 09:17 PM

This is one of a few shows that DP and I are addicted to now. I really like it.

Livia gets on my nerves a bit, though. I wish she would stop stalking him and just tell us all what the heck she's doing

I haven't watched this weeks show yet, it's at home on the DVR...... alone with DP..... hmmm. he's totally watching it right now without me, I just know it. :
#20 of 48 Old 10-30-2007, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Can I just say that I do a double take every time I see this show adverstised on tv or see this thread?? : ~ Journeymom

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#21 of 48 Old 10-30-2007, 09:59 PM

I did a double take when I saw your post

(Like, OMG.... he's here.....)
#22 of 48 Old 10-31-2007, 12:50 AM

Is it just me or does Katies perma-bugged out eyes just freak you out?
#23 of 48 Old 11-02-2007, 01:09 PM

i really liked the 2 episodes I managed to catch. Wish it were On Demand. I do agree, seems like a current QL.
#24 of 48 Old 11-20-2007, 07:06 PM

Well, Journeyman is slowly but surely becoming my favorite new show of this season. I really enjoyed last night's ep.

SPOILERS GALORE
I thought it was very touching when Dan was making progress with his brother and then came back to the present to discover he had changed the timeline and Jack thinks he is crazy again! I also found the way Zack is acting-out in response to his dad's chronic abandoning interesting and well-done. I'm not sure taking away dc's Wii counts as GD though, and I can't see it being very effective. And, yes, I was totally fooled when Zack got a headache and then "disappeared"!

#25 of 48 Old 11-21-2007, 05:07 AM

Each week I end up really looking forward to the next week's episode.
#26 of 48 Old 11-21-2007, 07:02 PM

I've been enjoying this show since the first one. I really like the show but I wouldn't be devastated if I missed one.

As far as last week's episode, can a police officer really take you to jail if you don't go to a psychiatrist? How on earth can his brother force him to go without a court order? I just don't get it.

Oh, and if Livia is from 1948 why isn't she in clothes from that style when she appears? I guess you can argue that she somehow changes but there have been a few times where it seems she appears in clothes that would be in style now. Not to mention I don't think long straight hair worn down was popular in 1948 (but I could be wrong).

BTW - I like the music too...
#27 of 48 Old 11-21-2007, 07:23 PM

I dont know if thats true or not (throwing you into a psych ward for 72 hours) but after Jacks gf suggested he do a "5150" dh and I looked at each other and said, "he's going to make dan listen to sammy hagar and van halen?"
#28 of 48 Old 11-21-2007, 07:35 PM

To answer my own question:
Quote:
What does 5150 mean?

5150 is a designated California Welfare and Institutions Code. This code allows a professional person designated by Fresno County to admit you to a psychiatric facility for involuntary 72-hour treatment and evaluation. This person could be a police officer or perhaps a crisis Mental Health worker.
http://www.fresnohumanservices.org/M...thServices.htm

So I guess he can technically do this.

*yes I know, it's only tv!
#29 of 48 Old 11-22-2007, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSJ View Post
To answer my own question:

http://www.fresnohumanservices.org/M...thServices.htm

So I guess he can technically do this.

Thanks for researching and finding the info. Interesting...

Quote:

Oh, and if Livia is from 1948 why isn't she in clothes from that style when she appears? I guess you can argue that she somehow changes but there have been a few times where it seems she appears in clothes that would be in style now. Not to mention I don't think long straight hair worn down was popular in 1948 (but I could be wrong).
I think Livia said something about the trips getting longer and longer. And she must have spent years in the 90's because she was there not doing a mission before she met Dan and she stayed there long enough to fall in love with him and agree to marry him. And now she seems to be helping out Dan rather than (or maybe in addition to) doing her own missions. I don't think she goes back to 1948 on a regular basis the way Dan always returns to his "home" time.

Quote:
*yes I know, it's only tv!
And this is part of the fun! I do the same thing!

#30 of 48 Old 11-22-2007, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastomom View Post
i really liked the 2 episodes I managed to catch. Wish it were On Demand. I do agree, seems like a current QL.

You can watch full episodes at NBC's website.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page