LA Ink - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-08-2007, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else a Kat fan?

We loved the new show--it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. The best part for us was the moment turtle realized that Hannah is the same artist who inked turtle's best friend. We have a sticker from her shop on a thing in our bedroom. Totally cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2007, 01:45 PM

I enjoyed the show. I didn't get to see the entire show, though. Did Cory ever make a decision?

My husband is in love in Kat. He drools whenever she's on screen.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Bear View Post
I enjoyed the show. I didn't get to see the entire show, though. Did Cory ever make a decision?
Heh--I fell asleep! turtle says he said yes, though she's not sure he'll be there full time. Frankly, I can't imagine he'd give up his shop to work there all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Bear View Post
My husband is in love in Kat. He drools whenever she's on screen.
turtle was, too, until she saw Hannah.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:40 PM

Dh fixed our broken copy of The Sims that night so I got a little, uh, distracted, but I would not let him change the channel anyway (I am pure evil, no? ) so I caught some of it. It seems good. I'm so glad she got her own show after whatever the heck happened on Miami Ink.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:02 PM

Yeah - I'm dying for more details on what happened on Miami Ink - the clip they showed did NOT seem friendly between her/Ami.

Kulia

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:45 PM

I didn't watch--don't have TLC anymore--but if anyone noticed a Virgin of Guadalupe plaque near Kat's workstation on the show, or if she was carrying a really cool ruffled skull purse, my friend made both of them! I think Kat might have gotten them from my friend's online shop, but I don't know if she met her or not.

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
Old 08-11-2007, 03:30 PM

I LOVE Kat! I wasn't able to watch the show, though. I'll try to at least DVR the next one!
Old 08-12-2007, 11:00 PM

I so want to be Kat Von D. She's amazing and I missed the first episode. Dang it!!
Old 08-12-2007, 11:15 PM

Saw the show, and love Kat. I'll be pretty bummed if Hannah is leaving Chicago for good though because I have been saving up to get a sleeve done by her!

I think LA Ink will be so much more compelling than Miami...Kat was the reason I watched!

Mama to A born 8/7/99
Old 08-12-2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
I think LA Ink will be so much more compelling than Miami...Kat was the reason I watched!
Word!

It is so nice to say bye bye to the South Beach crowd.

And well she is HOT
Old 08-13-2007, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulatara View Post
Saw the show, and love Kat. I'll be pretty bummed if Hannah is leaving Chicago for good though because I have been saving up to get a sleeve done by her!
Yeah, turtle had hoped to have a tat done by her, too, but I think LA's too far... :
Old 08-13-2007, 06:32 PM

Does anyone know what fully happened in Miami? Off to google it....I'm so curious how it ended other than that tiny little snipit on LA Ink.

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:31 PM

The understanding I got from watching was that it was a personality clash, basically. Ami felt that Kat didn't respect him, didn't want to be there (which had been a running thing for quite some time) and that she kept bad-mouthing the shop (which may or may not have been true, based on editting) so he finally decided that he didn't want her there. I think she kind of guessed that he was going to ask her to leave and was less than happy when he did tell her to go. Ami could be a really tough person to work for, but I wasn't always impressed with Kat's attitude either.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:20 PM

I didnt get to see this but I soooo want to! DH is in love with Kat too. I'd love to get tattooed by her, her work is awesome!
Old 08-26-2007, 06:24 PM

I FINALLY caught this last week- I looooooved the peacock tattoo. I swear, I had just told dh a few weeks ago that a peacock would make a cool tattoo, then dang, there is was on tv. Although the one I pictured in my head was smaller.

Quick question about Pixie- what is that in her cheek? Are her cheeks pierced? I have never seen anything like that but it really looks cool on her.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:14 PM

zaksma, I had just given up on ever getting a tattoo and then seeing that peacock made me start thinking about it again. That was gorgeous.

I think Pixie is pierced...you're right, on her it works.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:13 PM

I just got to watch the first three episodes last night. I love Kat, and I did not even realize she had her own show until seeing a post about it on here.

She never looked heavy or in need of weight loss on Miami Ink, but it looks like she lost a bit of weight for this show. Did anyone else notice? Not that it matters at all.

I also noticed there is no mention of her husband. Did they seperate?
Old 08-27-2007, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaksma View Post
Quick question about Pixie- what is that in her cheek? Are her cheeks pierced? I have never seen anything like that but it really looks cool on her.
I think so, yes. She's also got her tongue split...
Old 08-27-2007, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandavery View Post
She never looked heavy or in need of weight loss on Miami Ink, but it looks like she lost a bit of weight for this show. Did anyone else notice? Not that it matters at all.

I also noticed there is no mention of her husband. Did they seperate?
In the first episode (and you can watch them all online, which is TOTALLY COOL) she mentioned that she's "single." My best guess is that the weight loss is related to that split, but I honestly have no idea.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:22 PM

Wow, I totally missed that. They were married for a while, right?

I just read online that she did get divorced.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Wow, I totally missed that. They were married for a while, right?
Yep--I'm not sure how long. She only mentioned it very briefly in passing. turtle and I were both shocked.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:20 PM

I just spent the entire time my son napped looking up everything I could find on Kat...I feel like a freaky stalker or something. I watched this really funny interview she did with Tom Greene. It is also rumored that she is dating Steve-O, and when he was on the show I said to my dh that I thought it looked like they started to show the beginning of an intimate embrace before cutting away. She is so talented, and I really hope that she has continued success.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:03 PM

Kat's cool, but I love Pixie. She is just adorable. The dimple piercing and split tongue really works on her.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmergal2005 View Post
Kat's cool, but I love Pixie. She is just adorable. The dimple piercing and split tongue really works on her.
Yup, she's my favorite! And I love the dimple piercing too!!!

Kim, proud CPS mom to Marnie and my 4 legged kids, Jess, Zander, Oliver, Stumpy and Eddie.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:47 AM

I love this show too, I watched last night and I hope Kat doesn't succumb to the pressure for implants. She looks great the way she is, natural!

The tongue splitting is really freaky to me, IMO when you have the time to split your tongue maybe you need a hobby. I love tattoos, but splitting tongues, it reminds me of subincision.

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
Old 08-29-2007, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

What's subincision?

Honest to God, if Kat gets a boob job, I may have to be done. Between that and her supposedly dating Steve O... :
Old 08-29-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
What's subincision?
Subincision is a form of body modification consisting of a urethrotomy, in which the underside of the penis is incised and the urethra slit open lengthwise, from the urethral opening (meatus) toward the base. The slit can be of varying lengths. -Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subincision)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Honest to God, if Kat gets a boob job, I may have to be done. Between that and her supposedly dating Steve O... :
She said at the end of the episode that she was not planning to get the surgery, so that is good. Did you see that Steve-O was in the preview for next week's episode?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Subincision is a form of body modification consisting of a urethrotomy, in which the underside of the penis is incised and the urethra slit open lengthwise, from the urethral opening (meatus) toward the base. The slit can be of varying lengths. -Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subincision)
:

Quote:
She said at the end of the episode that she was not planning to get the surgery, so that is good. Did you see that Steve-O was in the preview for next week's episode?
Yeah, I hope she stands firm on the boob job. And, yeah, I saw him in the preview. I have no idea what the heck she sees in him!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:28 AM

Me neither. I really know nothing of him except when I saw him on LA Ink. He seemed completely high and so unattractive. The day I was being stalkerish I read a lengthy discussion about how he went graduated from Yale, and he is very intelligent. Who knows?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:37 AM

I went and looked at info on the girls too, and I think the dimple piercing is the cutest thing ever, I want one! I don't think it'll happen though, ha ha.

The tongue thing is not as gruesome as subincision, it doesn't affect any organs, but it just gives me the creeps.

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:

User Tag List