Heroes Season 2 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIBE View Post
What I don't understand is if she was such an excellent athlete HOW the heck did she manage to break her leg jumping from the platform? It wasn't that high and she was/is a skilled cheerleader/gymnast.
Well, it was pretty high and onto concrete (remember they took the mats away after the bell?) so I got the feeling she did it on purpose knowing that she would injure herself just to prove an internal point ("they think I'm chicken to jump off a high tower onto mats, but would any of them jump off if they KNEW it would hurt them?").

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." â E.B. White
#62 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenjall View Post
Yes, I mean swordsmith. I'm losing it, just waaaay to excited that the show is back on!
HEck, at this point I think we'd all be so darn enthralled they could throw in anything and we'd go with it! :

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#63 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancindoula View Post
I gathered from the novel that she somehow makes everyone very ill very fast and they die, and the somehow her brother is able to suppress that occurence when he is present.

Yes. And darn it all, we have to wait a WHOLE WEEK!!!!! I need to get my hands on the novels. I have not read them. :

Quote:
His reflection looked to me more like what he ought to have looked like considering the radiation burns he should have had. But I have no clue whether the reflection was his imagination or if it was real. If it was really what he looks like then HOW does he have the capacity to hide that?
Yes! Yes! Same questions here.

I noticed (before I hit reply/quote on this post) someone mentioning Nathan bumping into Ando. He HAS to know who Ando is. Didn't Hiro and Ando try and meet Nathan in the first season? Did Nathan deliberately ignore Ando? (Entirely reasonable to conclude that Ando didn't recognize Nathan with all that facial hair.)

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#64 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post
That was Claude the Invisible Man. (Christopher Eccleston ) I think he's dead. The Haitian or Mr Bennett killed him on the bridge. But I don't remember clearly, and in this show nothing is what it seems at first glance.
Claude! That's his name. Thank you.

And like you said, nothing is as it seems at first glance, that's why I thought Claude. But the hands looked too young and slim to be Claude. He's older, and bigger.

#65 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Angel View Post
Ohhhhh I *like* that theory. Nathan was pretty pissed at his mom during that exchange, actually finally called her evil!
Good call, you guys. I registered Nathan bumping into Ando w/ the paper & coffee, Nathan's remark to his mom being "evil" and banishing her from the apt., but I didn't entertain that theory. Must share this with dh...

ETA: I just remembered that Mr. Nakamura & Mrs. Petrelli were discussing that it had to be one of them, one of "the 12" whoever the 12 are. Linderman, Simone's dad (crap, still blanking on his name!), another name, then Nakamura & Petrelli.

#66 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
What I don't understand is if she was such an excellent athlete HOW the heck did she manage to break her leg jumping from the platform? It wasn't that high and she was/is a skilled cheerleader/gymnast.
There was no mat. It was hard wood floor.

Quote:
New guy totally creeped me out from the first second I saw him in the car that almost hit Claire, the obvious not surprise over her not burning the crap out of her hand over the bunson burner, and man was that the ickiest feeling watching him hover over near her window. I *almost* thought it was Peter but knew better that he wouldn't act so damn creepy.
I got a 'jerk' vibe w/ the car issue, 'new friend' vibe w/ the bunsen burner, and 'holy crap alien freak' vibe with him hovering outside her window.

#67 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
and where did he get the money for a nice new car working in a photocopy shop?
DH asked this about the house. (Which looks eerily similar to the one that burned down.)

Homeowner's insurance!

#68 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 05:08 PM

ok i just skimmed so i could be repeating-

TOTALLY think Peter killed Hiro's dad. or maybe not, we still don't know his power. it seems like he purposely flipped himself and his attacker over the edge of the building. maybe he did it because he knew he'd have an advantage? it looks to me like the Company got a hold of Peter, tagged him like they did Jessica and the others, and taught him his power(s) to become their assassin man dude guy.

so West can fly??? is that like the "it" power?

good to know "Mr. Butler" is still in the game.

the Boogey Man! was that voice over a rip off of the Lord of the Rings or what?! is the BM one of the 12, i wonder? and what the heck is Mama Patrelli's gift?

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#69 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 05:26 PM

Earth Angel, pardon my extensive quoting of you, but you mentioned almost all the things I have been mulling over
Quote:
What a trippy episode last night eh? I think I was most bummed that Hiro's dad is dead. I really liked him, and I really thought, like someone else said, that he'd be the soldier, and we'd find out he was really Hiro's hero after all.....but instead.... I guess the angle of him being English is OK, just not what I was expecting.

Whats up with Peter in the metal bin? He had the "godsend" symbol around his neck too.....Anyone care to explain more about that? Doesn't Nikki have that as a tatoo? And obviously it is being used as a death omen toward the older "specials". .
That symbol has showed up evrywhere. It was on Kensei's sword (Sword-saint) It's a half helix in Dr. Suresh's research/genitic code, it's the giant red sculpture in the middle of the plaza where Linderman/the company are.

Quote:
I also felt really bad for Molly (the little girl) and her nightmares. Poor baby. So you guys think she still dreams of Sylar, or is there a new Boogyman?.
Molly's boogeyman is someone new. She "found" Sylar with no problem last season, but won't ever look at the boogeyman
Quote:
I do think that HRG and Mohinder know what they are doing, but then again, maybe "the company" does too. Was "the company" founded then by all the older ones (Mamma Petrelli, Pappa Hiro, Linderman, etc) ? Then Mr Nakamura said something about there being 9 left, so who are the rest??
What I thought was ineteresting is that Nakamura said it was because of how they handled their son's futures. I thought he did well, while she failed miserably. Maybe something to do with a grand-plan that he intentionally foiled and she just failed miserably because she's a drunk and uncaring.
Quote:
And what is the new chick's power. I saw all the people dead with lines on their faces, but I just don't get it.
In the novels, someone was doing an autopsy of one of her "victims" and they looked a bit mummified but instead of blood, it looked like a black, oily substance. I thought they did a pretty poor job of conveying that on-screen myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post
That was Claude the Invisible Man. (Christopher Eccleston ) I think he's dead. The Haitian or Mr Bennett killed him on the bridge. But I don't remember clearly, and in this show nothing is what it seems at first glance.
Wasn't it Bennett shooting the Hatian on the bridge? Was that part of the plot where Bennett had the Hatian erase his memory and take Claire to a safe place so Bennett could say "The Hatian got her from me". I remember some controversy with the novels (They're comics, ok!!! ) that someone may or may not have tripped over Claude's invisible body in Isaac's loft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post
Anyone else gag at the ridiculous product placement?

"Oh Dad! The Rogue!!!!"

Win a Rogue from Heroes/NBC, etc.
I actually quit watching Alias for that kind of placement. There they were, in a parking garage chasing the bad guy who just hopped in a roadster and Sydney Bristow goes "Get in the F150!" OMG, yeah, like you're going to catch up to someone in a diesel truck At least this placement had some merit.
#70 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post

TOTALLY think Peter killed Hiro's dad. or maybe not, we still don't know his power. it seems like he purposely flipped himself and his attacker over the edge of the building. maybe he did it because he knew he'd have an advantage? it looks to me like the Company got a hold of Peter, tagged him like they did Jessica and the others, and taught him his power(s) to become their assassin man dude guy.
Peter was in a box in Ireland w/ no shirt and looking like he'd been there for several days at least.

But I did wonder, myself, until I saw him in the box. I know the show answers questions with questions but I really don't think it was Peter who killed Mr. Nakamura.

#71 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 06:37 PM

I have hope that Nakamura is not really dead. (The actor George Takei aka Sulu is on Howard Stern from time to time and gave no hint of this. He also hinted that the boogeyman is a new "friendly" character we meet, who turns bad.) He's such a great guy IRL and LOVES being on Heroes.

Overall, I loved the episode. It's always a good sign to be thinking about it the next day.

-The car product placement was annoying, but not as bad as commercials every 7 minutes. (Like regular episodes)

-The child actress (Molly) is like nails on a chalkboard for me.

-Nathan's reflection really freaked me out. How did he survive the explosion?

-I agree than Hiro will become Kensai...and thus his own "hero."

Can't wait for this season to unfold.
#72 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devster4fun View Post
George Takei ... hinted that the boogeyman is a new "friendly" character we meet, who turns bad.)

OMG.

Molly dreamed: "I can see you."
Takei hinted that the boogeyman is a new friendly character who turns bad.
Claire has a classmate that seems to know things about her but has given us all the heebie jeebies on some level.

#73 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
OMG.

Molly dreamed: "I can see you."
Takei hinted that the boogeyman is a new friendly character ho turns bad.
Claire has a classmate that seems to know things about her but has given us all the heebie jeebies on some level.
That's a pretty good call. did anyone else think Claire should have just gone ahead and jumped while everyone was there? She already stands out because she stood up to the bullies, even if she changed her mind at the last minute.

Dh and I laughed for a long time when her dad finally went off on his creepy 'boss.'

for intuitive readings click here :
#74 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyes View Post
That's a pretty good call. did anyone else think Claire should have just gone ahead and jumped while everyone was there? She already stands out because she stood up to the bullies, even if she changed her mind at the last minute.
Yes! I was so annoyed. Just jump, you're already on the radar.
Quote:
Dh and I laughed for a long time when her dad finally went off on his creepy 'boss.'
Same here! : The boss reminded me of my cousin (looks-wise). Weird.

Did anyone else notice the scar across the boss's (sp??) head? Almost Sylar-style, but not. More on the right side of his head at an angle, not the way Sylar takes ppl out. I wonder if the actor just has a scar or if it's specific for the show.

#75 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 07:27 PM

yes, i noticed the boss's scar and wondered if it was significant. however, i totally missed the nathan/reflection thing-i was just thinking he was thinking of peter and saw peter how he'd imagine him all burned up and then when he looked again, of course it was just his imagination and there was his own normal reflection. good episode but a lot to take in and lots more questions as everyone has noted....

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#76 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
DH asked this about the house. (Which looks eerily similar to the one that burned down.)

Homeowner's insurance!

Ya it looked exactly like the old dining room! It was creeping me out. And the mother was just too weird acting and she was holding the dog while eating. I was thinking, well I guess she's really really AP. lol
#77 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 09:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
..... Personally, I just think they need more time than an hour each week, then they could fit it all in
No kidding! I'm always surprised when that hour is up.

I don't mind the product placement and sponsorship. Last night's show had three advertising breaks, and the adds were justl for Nissan and NBC's own shows. I get thoroughly fed up with a bazillion obnoxious ads for Jenny Craig and Windex and Quiznos (and on and on). This was kind of like radio and tv shows 60 years ago. The Bob Hope Texaco hour. Heroes, sponsored by Nissan.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#78 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by les7699 View Post
Ya it looked exactly like the old dining room! It was creeping me out. And the mother was just too weird acting and she was holding the dog while eating. I was thinking, well I guess she's really really AP. lol
She was ALWAYS holding that ridiculous dog. But I agree she was acting weird, too. They all were.

#79 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwickmama View Post
yes, i noticed the boss's scar and wondered if it was significant. however, i totally missed the nathan/reflection thing-i was just thinking he was thinking of peter and saw peter how he'd imagine him all burned up and then when he looked again, of course it was just his imagination and there was his own normal reflection. good episode but a lot to take in and lots more questions as everyone has noted....
DH said the same thing. "It's Peter." But I didn't catch that and I thought it was more of what he (Nathan) thought he (Nathan) should look like. OTOH, I also wondered if it was what Nathan saw in the mirror, whereas everyone else saw him fixed and fine. I wondered how that was possible.

#80 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 10:48 PM

...or maybe thats what Nathan actually looks like and he's so traumatized by everything that he forces himself to see the old him.
#81 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Peter was in a box in Ireland w/ no shirt and looking like he'd been there for several days at least.

But I did wonder, myself, until I saw him in the box. I know the show answers questions with questions but I really don't think it was Peter who killed Mr. Nakamura.
but we don't know when that was that they found him. it could have been days after. i mean Heroes bounces around in time.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#82 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 10:52 PM

and i thought the scary burned guy was Peter too. before he regenerated thanks to Claire's gift.

#83 of 607 Old 09-25-2007, 11:15 PM

Quote:
but we don't know when that was that they found him. it could have been days after. i mean Heroes bounces around in time.
This is true.

#84 of 607 Old 09-26-2007, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenjall View Post
...or maybe thats what Nathan actually looks like and he's so traumatized by everything that he forces himself to see the old him.

Um, where's Candice in this whole thing? I was pretty convinced that she was only knocked out in the last episode and not dead. Any connection there with Nathan making people (or even himself, good call!) think he looks like something he really doesn't?
#85 of 607 Old 09-26-2007, 08:01 AM

Quote:

I dunno, the title of the whole episode was "4 mo later", so I don't think they bounced back to a few days after last season's finale there. They noted when Hiro went back in time, and other than that, to me, I think everything we saw Mon night was around that time of 4 mo later.
That being said though, I also don't think Peter (or whom ever that is) spent the last 4 mo in a metal bin!

Quote:
and i thought the scary burned guy was Peter too. before he regenerated thanks to Claire's gift.
See, I was thinking something like that too, mainly because of the phone call between Nathan/Peter/the bearded guy, and Claire. They seem like they have some sort of plan, whether or not it is in addition to or separate from what HRG knows/is doing, I'm not sure.
#86 of 607 Old 09-26-2007, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLlama View Post
Um, where's Candice in this whole thing? I was pretty convinced that she was only knocked out in the last episode and not dead. Any connection there with Nathan making people (or even himself, good call!) think he looks like something he really doesn't?
**gives big gasp of revelation** What if the one we thought was Nathan was really PETER all this time??? And that really IS what he looks like and Nathan died in the explosion??? (which would be awful and sad, but what if that's it?) I remember thinking the reflection looked like Peter at first too. Could that be the scar Future Hiro talked about on the train? OK, so that doesn't fit with the whole Peter-in-a-box thing at the end, but still.......

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." â E.B. White
#87 of 607 Old 09-26-2007, 10:04 AM

Maybe Nathan was just seeing what Peter looked like before he exploded? And that vision just haunts Nathan now which is why we saw it in the mirror but it was more of just a flashback and not what Nathan looks like or even what Peter looks like. Nathan probably doesn't even realize that Peter survived so the image of what he thinks is it dead brother is what haunts him
#88 of 607 Old 09-26-2007, 10:41 AM

What if NATHAN killed Mr. Nakamura? He can fly. Whoever went over the edge w/ Mr. Nakamura disappeared. Initially I thought Claude since he's invisible man. But Nathan can fly... What if the person flew away? What if it wasn't someone who went invisible?

Now, this does bring into question whether it was Peter since he can do both and the whole jumping around time line thing w/ the series, HOWEVER, I don't believe it was Peter. (Maybe I just think he's too cute to be bad. )

And then it could always be a new character.

#89 of 607 Old 09-26-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyH View Post
Maybe Nathan was just seeing what Peter looked like before he exploded? And that vision just haunts Nathan now which is why we saw it in the mirror but it was more of just a flashback and not what Nathan looks like or even what Peter looks like. Nathan probably doesn't even realize that Peter survived so the image of what he thinks is it dead brother is what haunts him
Good thinking. Mrs. Petrelli was trying to pack up Peter's stuff and Nathan wouldn't let her. He kept insisting his brother would be back. (I think more on a level of hope more than actual knowledge of Peter's life or death.)

#90 of 607 Old 09-26-2007, 10:44 AM

Can someone help me out with this???

Are the novels CANNON? As in, no extended universe, they are in line with what we see on the show? DH and I want to get into them but only if they're NOT extended universe like w/ many Star Wars novels.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page