The Office Season 4! - Page 20 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-21-2008, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
Has Oscar really talked about transitioning to girls? I missed that...
I think a JAM show would be cool. They could have kids, etc. That appeals to me for some reason.
He mentions it, that Angela thinks he could transition to girls and he was sick of his partner, Gil- that their relationship was almost done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatteras Gal View Post
He mentions it, that Angela thinks he could transition to girls and he was sick of his partner, Gil- that their relationship was almost done.
Plus, in "the fire", he says he'd 'do' Pam - ha ha ha.

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
Something I was thinking about last night...How horrible is Jan for practically bankrupting Michael when she was paying for a sperm bank and IVF. I really dislike her now. She used to be neurotic but interesting. Now I just can't stand her.
I don't think Jan would have been doing IVF, just an insemination. And who knows, maybe she did it at home with a turkey baster. So maybe it was just a few hundered dollars, not thousands.

I did think it was funny when she said how if she were younger, she'd give Michael a shot at one of her kids but since she's older now, this kid has to count and she didn't want him to mess it up (or something to that effect).
Old 05-23-2008, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonJelly View Post
I don't know. I think it's been pretty realistic. I have been in the office romance situation and I can say that theirs seemed realistic to me. As the writers have also stated, everything happens in baby steps, particularly when one of the people was in a committed relationship.

Also, they do many unpredicatable things on the show, this season finale being a great example. But they are also trying to make the show like real life too--showing the monotony of office life.

The only time I feel that they artificially drew out the Jim and Pam relationship was when Pam briefly went back to Roy. It did seem pretty obvious that they were trying to stretch things out until the season finale that year.
I agree. I just can't see them doing a spin-off or getting into an on-again-off-again relationship with Jim and Pam. That's not why people watch. If they pulled that kind of crap, the writers would be alienating their audience. People like this show because it's different.

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindberg99 View Post
I did think it was funny when she said how if she were younger, she'd give Michael a shot at one of her kids but since she's older now, this kid has to count and she didn't want him to mess it up (or something to that effect).
That part confused me. Is Jan so ridiculously delusional that she doesn't realize what a mess she is? Sure, Michael is an absolute idiot at times, but I think he would be an amazing dad.

P.S. I have The Office (season 1) on for background noise and 'The Alliance" is on. I LOVE when Dwight bleaches his hair. I die every time no matter how many times I've seen it.

Gone but not fogotten.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDS View Post
That part confused me. Is Jan so ridiculously delusional that she doesn't realize what a mess she is?
Yes.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindberg99 View Post
Yes.
HA HA. It reminds me of when Michael is talking about Andy being so unaware of himself; meanwhile Michael is hiding behind his office door. Michael amazes me at how oblivious he is when it concerns himself. He just doesn't see the real him. Wow.

Gone but not fogotten.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:05 PM

I don't know. Sometimes I think he has an idea.
When they met Ryan at the club and Ryan was so excited. Michael made sure he knew who they were. "Ryan, it's Michael and Dwight." LOL
Old 09-02-2008, 03:23 AM

Comes out tomorrow (Sept. 2nd) on DVD!

This is DH, DD, DS and I:

::::

DH said he's going to swing by and pick it up tomorrow and we are going to veg out ALL day. It's awesome because tomorrow is the kids' last day of summer beak so it'll be great family time watching it all day and laughing, eating then sleeping together on the family room floor!

Gone but not fogotten.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:20 PM

OMG, can someone go on OfficeTally.com and tell me what stores are selling the DVD?! I can't get on there from work.

I usually like to see what bundle they are offering. Target and Best Buy had different ones last year.

Thank you!!

{Partner to DH  and Former WOHM, now SAHM  to DD, DD , and DS } *** ***

User Tag List