The Office Season 4! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 02:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was really disappointed. That was it? After all the fuss over them and now just *poof*, they're together? Of course, they got together and Dwight and Angela are breaking up. I don't know, I didn't think it was that great. I still loved it cause it's The Office, but it was much less than I expected.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#62 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 08:37 AM

I thought there were some funny moments but over all I agree with the previous posters....it was just ok, a little forced.
#63 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 09:41 AM

Save the Rabid.

Mama to A 8/05 and S 11/06
#64 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 09:41 AM

I generally enjoyed the episode. Liked the Meredith storyline, Angela's cat story was somewhat humorous and I really enjoyed the whole Fun Run part--totally hilarious.

However, I am pretty miffed about the way they have handled Jim and Pam. I do feel cheated. I think the writers are probably in for a lot of negative feedback on that plot line.

I am trying to keep an open mind... Maybe they will surprise us. Though I am not sure how at this point...

PS-I will say that even with them being together Jim and Pam, well John and Jenna really, still have some serious chemistry. I was surprised that I got goosebumps when they came clean to the camera crew and Jim said "things are going very well actually." I think he actually blushed too. That look just melted me. He's just so incredibly cute. And I will admit that their giddiness is very sweet. They're just one of those TV couples who constantly make you wonder if there isn't something going on in real life, yk? They must have a really good connection IRL even if they are totally platonic.

{Partner to DH  and Former WOHM, now SAHM  to DD, DD , and DS } *** ***
#65 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 09:49 AM

Add me to the disappointed camp. The Pam and Jim thing was fun, at first, but when it showed them kiss for the first time this season, and it was an-old-married-couple peck, I was miffed. The producers really should have known better.

Michael didn't disappoint though. He's always hilarious.
#66 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 10:09 AM

does anyone know what time it's going to be on? the next two weeks look like hour long shows...

I'm actually trying to figure out the time slots for 30 rock, scrubs and this show - if anyone knows

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#67 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Mama View Post
"Sure, I have faults, like I sing in the shower. And sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. And occasionally I hit someone with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me! That's the opposite of what I'm trying to say."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneM View Post
:

That was AWESOME :

"I'm not supersticious. I'm just littlesticious."

I loved both too! I also liked, "With the energy that we're using to keep Meredith alive, we could power 2 small fans for 2 days. You tell me what's unethical."

:
#68 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 10:24 AM

The first four episodes of the season are supposed to be an hour. I think they'll probably hold off on the Scrubs premiere for a few weeks. I think next week it's Earl at 8, 30Rock at 8:30 and an hour long Office at 9.

I'm hopeful about the Jim/Pam thing. I think with the way they're playing it (keeping it a secret, giving us just glimpses of what's going on) there's a lot of potential there. I'm cautiously excited about it! I was mad when Jim said he was single. I thought they hadn't gotten together AGAIN!! But I think the way they're playing it now is cute. For now at least..

And I do agree that they have LOTS of chemistry!! Lots of it!

I thought the episode was a bit disjointed too. But the individual storylines and soundbites were priceless. And Michael starting off the season by hitting Meredith with the car and the spending the whole episode trying to get people to like him again? Priceless!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#69 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 10:28 AM

mmmmm love me some JAM!!!

I am happy and I don't think the writer's will mess it up, people would be seriously upset. This isn't a Ross and Rachel type thing. I think now that they went there they have to keep it going.

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
#70 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I was right about Dwight killing Sprinkles. I knew he wasn't putting any fungal cream anywhere near where the cat's tail lifts up.

What the heck was with Andy's nipples? Were they bleeding at the end?

And my dream life is so glad that Jim is back on tv.
#71 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 10:46 AM

I loved it! I was laughing so hard at the nipple chafing and the check to "science".

I had a dream about Jim last night too. I'm such a dork.

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#72 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 10:48 AM

I skipped my music rehearsal last night, in part so I wouldn't miss the show!

My SIL came in just as the show was beginning - she's never seen it before, so she stayed to watch. She about died when Michael hit Meredth with his car, and the kids and I burst out laughing. :

I loved the way they handled the PB&J relationship. Starting off a long-awaited relationship with a bang always seems to be the beginning of a long, slow death for any TV show. Jim and Pam are totally cute and so is their relationship. I love how the camera crew "caught" them and then showed them the tape, and Pam just blurted it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulbambina
My heart kept fluttering when they showed Jim and Pam together especially when they grabbed hands.
I don't want to see PB&J all over each other ... I'd rather see sweet stuff like this. It'd be way funnier to see Dwight and Angela go all horndoggy on each other, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorrieLorrieLorrie View Post
I cannot wait. Did you see they The Office stuff in the dollar section at Target?
Oh, cool. Off to buy Christmas stocking stuffers for DS & DD!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
the whole nipple chafing thing was awesome!!!
: My kids were totally cringing at a) Andy taping up his nips; and then b) his nips bleeding all over the place anyhow.

I love how Andy decided to use Kevin's slipstream as a race strategy, then slammed into him.

Angela to Pam: "All my frozen french fries were clawed to shreds."

Meredith to Dwight: "Don't. Unplug. ANYTHING."

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
#73 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 10:53 AM

I'm watching it again :

"The doctors did the best they could, and she's going to be ok."

"Why'd you do it? Did she owe you money? Uh oh. Is this downsizing? Did she spurn your advances?"

: "My protege is at corporate"

"I ran down Meredith with my car."
"Did you do this on purpose?"
"No, I was being negligent."
"Did this happen on company property?"
"Yes, it was on company property, with company property, so, double jeopardy, we're fine."
"Michael I don't think you understand how double jeopardy works."
"Sorry, WHAT IS we're fine."

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)
#74 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearso View Post
Sigh, I Michael, does that make me weird?

susie
Not weird at all. I've always thought Michael was an amazing character because of his complexity. He's so obnoxious and hard to watch at times. But totally insecure and adorable at other times. Steve Carrell is a wonderful actor for being able to pull a character like that off. Most of the time you'd just hate a character that's as obnoxious as Michael, you know?

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#75 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
Not weird at all. I've always thought Michael was an amazing character because of his complexity. He's so obnoxious and hard to watch at times. But totally insecure and adorable at other times. Steve Carrell is a wonderful actor for being able to pull a character like that off. Most of the time you'd just hate a character that's as obnoxious as Michael, you know?
:
#76 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Jan cracked me up when she confronted Pam about walking in on half naked Michael. "He's mine."

And it started with Michael and his breakfast made by his woman- a bowl of cereal.
#77 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 11:39 AM

:
#78 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 12:52 PM

When Dwight was at the hospital I knew he killed Sprinkles. I never liked the show for the longest time and all of a sudden it just grew on me. It's so funny.
#79 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatteras Gal View Post

And it started with Michael and his breakfast made by his woman- a bowl of cereal.
"Well...she bought the milk...It's soy."
#80 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 01:48 PM

So Jim and Pam are together. Really, I think the producer's are relying too heavily on office romance for their stories.

I also can't quite follow Jan's transformation yet...

Personally, I thought the 2nd season was the best
#81 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 01:52 PM

Mind you ... I missed a few episodes late last season b/c my rehearsal night changed to Thursday : and no TiVO.

Pam has known about Angela and Dwight's relationship, for some time now.
Has she shared this with Jim yet? Does Jim know that the "hooker" in Dwight's hotel room was actually Angela?

Jim could totally use this to his advantage!

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
#82 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 02:05 PM

personally the whole opening segment at Michael's condo made me and dh laugh hard! Especially Jan splayed out on bed, and Michael saying something like, "she won't be up for a couple of hours."

And the whole, "I didn't see where it started but I saw where it ended."

Aimee
#83 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spero View Post
Mind you ... I missed a few episodes late last season b/c my rehearsal night changed to Thursday : and no TiVO.

Pam has known about Angela and Dwight's relationship, for some time now.
Has she shared this with Jim yet? Does Jim know that the "hooker" in Dwight's hotel room was actually Angela?

Jim could totally use this to his advantage!
When Dwight saved Jim from Roy's attack, Jim was trying to thank Dwight for saving him. He tried to say thank you, give him gifts, etc., but Dwight wouldn't accept anything from him. It was really frustrating Jim. Then Jim saw Angela and Dwight embrace. Jim decided that his gift to Dwight would be to "never tell."

It was the ep after Roy trashed the bar. Hope this clears things up.

Julieknit.gif, DP to modifiedartist.gif, mama to DD (7)dust.gif , and DS (5)joy.gif

#84 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 02:27 PM

I think Jan will play a big part in this season..She's gone in the opposite direction from the career woman she was. It will be interesting to see what happens!

I just ran an errand and I was listening to a local talk radio station. My favorite DJ there was talking about The Office and how he was doubled over with laughter at least a dozen times during the show! I agreed!!

#85 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2snugbugs View Post
When Dwight saved Jim from Roy's attack, Jim was trying to thank Dwight for saving him. He tried to say thank you, give him gifts, etc., but Dwight wouldn't accept anything from him. It was really frustrating Jim. Then Jim saw Angela and Dwight embrace. Jim decided that his gift to Dwight would be to "never tell."

It was the ep after Roy trashed the bar. Hope this clears things up.
Thanks!

I didn't see the episode where Roy trashed the bar, but just this morning I was browsing two-minute "Office" clips at nbc.com and caught the bit where Roy attacked Jim, and Dwight pepper-sprayed him (and Pam, and Jim, and himself ...).

#86 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapayaMom View Post
mmmmm love me some JAM!!!

I am happy and I don't think the writer's will mess it up, people would be seriously upset. This isn't a Ross and Rachel type thing. I think now that they went there they have to keep it going.
I agree. I think the way they handled the storyline is just typical "Office" writing. Life goes on at the office even when we're not watching. I don't know if I would have bought that Pam and Jim had some super long courtship. We got the "first kiss" at the end of 2 seasons ago. You can't top that, and they didn't try and I like that. I think that would have been forced. They really have been in a relationship for years and at the same time I think the "secret" factor lets us see things blossom and I'm hoping they have more good stuff in store for us. I'm hooked I loved when they held hands at the back of the race.

I am curious to see where the Dwight/Angela story goes.

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#87 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalisa View Post
When Dwight was at the hospital I knew he killed Sprinkles. I never liked the show for the longest time and all of a sudden it just grew on me. It's so funny.
I knew he was gonna kill the cat when Angela was giving him all the instructions. He gave a look to the camera, like, there is no way in hell I am doing all this for a cat.
#88 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonJelly View Post
PS-I will say that even with them being together Jim and Pam, well John and Jenna really, still have some serious chemistry. I was surprised that I got goosebumps when they came clean to the camera crew and Jim said "things are going very well actually." I think he actually blushed too. That look just melted me. He's just so incredibly cute. And I will admit that their giddiness is very sweet. They're just one of those TV couples who constantly make you wonder if there isn't something going on in real life, yk? They must have a really good connection IRL even if they are totally platonic.
You know, I thought the same thing. Also, I saw a thing a few weeks ago on msnbc.com that linked to a short article about Jenna splitting up with her husband, James Gunn. And I thought to myself "Now wouldn't it be neat if Jenna and John got together?" I think I just love JAM too much.

#89 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatteras Gal View Post
I knew he was gonna kill the cat when Angela was giving him all the instructions. He gave a look to the camera, like, there is no way in hell I am doing all this for a cat.
Check out his blog - I found the link through Officetally, but I think it's on the NBC website. He also killed a vole, previously.

I gotta admit, though, I didn't see it coming. I would not have pinned him as doing something that he knew would hurt Angela. I see that relationship as somewhat tender outside of the office. I was disappointed in him.

#90 of 580 Old 09-28-2007, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulfaith View Post
I gotta admit, though, I didn't see it coming. I would not have pinned him as doing something that he knew would hurt Angela. I see that relationship as somewhat tender outside of the office. I was disappointed in him.
I felt the same way, though I thought they explained Dwight's intent a little better when he was telling Angela during the run that he was trying to do the best thing in the only way he knew how, and that he was trying to be humane and caring about it (singing Sprinkles her favorite song, giving her a sedative).

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page