Greys Anatomy! It's Back! Yay! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-28-2007, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phdmama06 View Post
And I am glad to know that I am not the only one who is so over Meredith and Derrik, and I have been since the beginning of the show!!
Count me in on that too. I thought the break up scene at the end was just dumb.

I really like Lexie's character, she seems like a good addition.

Loved Bailey giving the brush off to the Chief and their conversation at the end was nice.

The Mark and Derek conversation was my favorite part of the whole show - that was really cute. Hope they become friends again.

Izzy is continuing to annoy me - I thought her "what about me" crap in the hallway with George was so selfish.

On a slightly different note, the premiere episode of the spin off put me to sleep - literally. I actually ended up shutting it off because I was so bored and watched the rest on tivo earlier today. It got a little better at the end of the show so I'm glad I watched the rest but still... it sucked. Hoping it picks up and gets better because I really liked her on Grey's.

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2007, 10:59 PM

FYE- The full episode is up at ABC.com.

I definitely think the writing was off this episode. The whole rhythm of the show was so much slower than usual.

Loved Lexie. Was irritated by Merideth. The deer thing was stupid...so was the guy eating everthing...(BTW- I had pica during my pregnancy. As I understood it you have cravings for things like dirt, gravel and sand, not scissors and cottonballs.) I got teary when Christina was talking to the dad who was in surgery, the blink three times for I love you guy. When O'Malley showed up to tell Izzie he loves her I think I was hooked for at least a few more episodes, unless the writing stays this bad.

Mama to A born 8/7/99
Old 09-28-2007, 11:08 PM

i actually loved the deer thing...if i were izzy, i'd've gone totally crazy and done everything possible to save that deer. i'm a total softie for animals, lol.

i really miss burke. i felt...a hole was there...but i still enjoyed the show.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:59 PM

I'm too lazy to go back and find the post to quote it, but whoever said "Bailey rocks!" YES! She is by far the best character of the show imo. She's the one who got me hooked on GA in the first place.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:42 AM - Thread Starter

Me too. I love Bailey. I love George too. I love Alex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2J View Post
I'm too lazy to go back and find the post to quote it, but whoever said "Bailey rocks!" YES! She is by far the best character of the show imo. She's the one who got me hooked on GA in the first place.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:45 AM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr View Post
... whole O Mally and Izzy can you imagine him telling Torres he loves Izzy and Torres is Izzy's boss? Its gonna get juicy!...
I NEVER thought of the GREAT point

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:48 AM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phdmama06 View Post

And I am glad to know that I am not the only one who is so over Meredith and Derrik, and I have been since the beginning of the show!!
im not "over" them i just wish they would make up there minds. TOGETHER or BROKEN UP! not the whole we are not together but lets have sex or we are together but we hate each ohter MAKE UP YOUR MIND

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:43 AM

We don't have these episodes here yet in the UK... why did Derek and Meredith break up (again)?
Old 09-29-2007, 03:18 PM

Ok... maybe I'm dumb or the direction was beyond terrible, but it seemed like the interns watched that guy eating things.... so, why didn't anyone say anything about it?
Old 09-29-2007, 03:30 PM

i noticed that!

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Old 09-29-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamnEmma View Post
Bailey can't be Chief of Surgery. She is a resident, not an attending.
Boo! Although, I like the Chief so I don't mind that he's not retiring.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendora View Post
Ok... maybe I'm dumb or the direction was beyond terrible, but it seemed like the interns watched that guy eating things.... so, why didn't anyone say anything about it?
This totally annoyed me too!

As for the blinking guy- I thought it was great when he was saying bye to his family, I was definitely balling my eyes out.
But I also was balling when the counting lady the Addison's show was hearing the details of her sons death. Maybe it's just pregnancy stuff going on- I swear I'm not usually this sentimental.
And just another Practice comment- was anyone else annoyed that the birth ended up being an emergency? I thought: oh of course, we can't just have a natural birth! I know that makes more interesting tv, but still...

Sarah, Farmer, photographer, teacher, mother to Noah 05-05-06 and Del 03-27-08 and best friend to Josh 05-29-04.
Fostering sisters aged, 6, 3.5, and 2yrs since Sept 2013.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
i noticed that!
flminivanmama, this is totally OT, but your sig has possibly one of the cutest pictures I've ever seen!
Old 09-30-2007, 01:08 AM

thank you Greensleeves! those are my boys :

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Old 10-01-2007, 01:26 PM

I agree that the deer thing was totally lame but I still liked the show and will keep watching.
I'm NOT over Meredith and Derek, I thought the final scene was hot.
I love Bailey and the Chief, I still love Sandra Oh, and the Mark/Derek scene cracked me up.
I never liked Callie and Izzy annoys me too, but I like the drama they have George entangled in right now.

I found Lexie annoying for the most part and that storyline overdone. I don't feel sorry for her one bit, either.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:34 PM

I don't feel sorry for Lexie, either. She seems pretty entitled to me.

And ftr, I liked the deer subplot. That kid has all the makings of a future vegan.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:51 PM

I don't understand what Lexie did that would make anyone dislike her? Is it something from another episode I am forgetting? I have a terrible memory! I didn't think she did anything in this one episode that would define her character that much... although I wasn't all that moved by her speech with George in the hallway. But it didn't really bother me either.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gridley13 View Post
I don't understand what Lexie did that would make anyone dislike her?
yeah i don't get it either.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:09 PM

You know I can't explain it but I just can't seem to like Lexie either. She did nothing. I just don't even want to see her on the show. The prospect of Merdith getting screwed over somehow by another family member is just not what I want to see. Of course they could end up best buds I suppose, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Plus the fact that Mcdreamy was into her annoyed me.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:10 PM

I felt like she was trying to force herself into Meredith's world. Once she saw that Mer wasn't going to embrace her with open arms she should've backed off.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:40 PM

Also, she picked a terribly time to introduce herself. Dh was shouting, "GET OUT OF THE WAY, YOU MORON!"
Old 10-01-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Also, she picked a terribly time to introduce herself. Dh was shouting, "GET OUT OF THE WAY, YOU MORON!"
Well yeah, that was just stupid.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:46 PM

I can't get into lexie either. i'm trying to figure out how exactly they are going to play out the relationship there. But i can't see the doing anything that will actually make me like her. i miss burke though! i really liked him!
Old 10-01-2007, 03:49 PM

Oh ok.. I get it now. But I don't really agree.

She said she didn't even know she had a half sister until a few months ago I think. And her mom just died and her dad is a total alcoholic. I feel kind of bad for her that now her newly discovered half sister won't give her the time of day.

Yeah, bad timing on her introduction though. And if she continues to flirt with Derek, then I will be kind of annoyed.

I will update how I feel about her after next Thursday.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
I agree that the deer thing was totally lame but I still liked the show and will keep watching.
I'm NOT over Meredith and Derek, I thought the final scene was hot.
I love Bailey and the Chief, I still love Sandra Oh, and the Mark/Derek scene cracked me up.
I never liked Callie and Izzy annoys me too, but I like the drama they have George entangled in right now.

I found Lexie annoying for the most part and that storyline overdone. I don't feel sorry for her one bit, either.
yeah, that's pretty much how i feel. i thought the parallels btw. the hospital cases and the char. drama was a bit *too* obvious, kwim?

dh and i were totally into the breaking up thing.. i think they should carry on that in some form or another

Quote:
no doubt. that was dumb and unbelievable!

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
Old 10-01-2007, 04:57 PM

Someone help me out here....

Wasn't Lexie on Season 2 having a baby in the hospital there. That was how Meridith first saw her father. It was before her mother died.

And Derek said to Lexie- Oh your the girl from the bar last night and then Mer said Hey I was the girl from the bar. So did Lexie and Derek hook up or was it just that he was looking for ladies at the bar.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady101 View Post
Someone help me out here....

Wasn't Lexie on Season 2 having a baby in the hospital there. That was how Meridith first saw her father. It was before her mother died.

And Derek said to Lexie- Oh your the girl from the bar last night and then Mer said Hey I was the girl from the bar. So did Lexie and Derek hook up or was it just that he was looking for ladies at the bar.
I think it's a different sister that had a baby and Lexi was talked about but never there.
I think at the end of last season Derek just saw Lexi at the bar and said a "hi, my name is Derek" or something like that and that's all we saw.

Sarah, Farmer, photographer, teacher, mother to Noah 05-05-06 and Del 03-27-08 and best friend to Josh 05-29-04.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovermont View Post
I think it's a different sister that had a baby and Lexi was talked about but never there.
I think at the end of last season Derek just saw Lexi at the bar and said a "hi, my name is Derek" or something like that and that's all we saw.
Yeah, it was a different sister.
Lexi asked Derek to have a drink w/ her at the bar, but he said no. Then he told meredith the next day (angrily) that some girl had hit on him at the bar, and he said it like he had been tempted.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:07 PM

ot: selesai: I just have to say that I LOVE your signature. I'm one of four- it's a lot of fun. My mom might not have always agreed

Old 10-01-2007, 08:17 PM

my dvr cut out too. I missed the last part with george (watch online) and the scenes. need to find that! I liked the episode, parts were funny and I did like the beginning where they're all saying the rules. and george helping meredith with them. I don't get derek and meredith, they should just be together.

Dara Mommy to Gabbie (4/05) , Zachary (6/07) , and Simon (8/10)

User Tag List