Greys Anatomy! It's Back! Yay! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-06-2007, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was hoping that we would find out more about Karev's childhood, or life before interning in this episode. I get the feeling that his father might have been an addict--did they mention this in a previous season? Not necessarily addicted to meth, but some type of substance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2007, 11:03 PM

I'm like 6 pages behind on this thread..I must keep up...
Old 10-06-2007, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr View Post
Was I the only one thinking its a little bad timing for Torres to get pregnant? I mean they have been married 4 months, she JUST got to be Chief of whatever, she knows her marriage is shaky at best and yet she is trying to get pregnant? :
TOTALLY bad timing!
I don't like her at ALL! : Can't help it.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmainer View Post
?

i wonder if Mer will fall for an intern... hmmmm......
no, derek 4ever!!!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu's mama View Post
They weren't showing the baby screaming though, or he's in the scene but you don't see his face. I think they just have a taped baby crying & then continually play it for the scene. There are pretty strict rules about babies being used for film/tv which is why they like to cast twins to swap in & out.
Seriously? () um, I saw that baby crying and reaching for someone, squirming out of other actors' arms more than once.

I hear this a lot, about how the rules for child actors are strict. I believe that's true in terms of hours on the set, etc, but I am curious what the rules are about filming scared/unhappy babies. Are there rules about this? eta, found this but no help
http://www.slate.com/id/2168665?nav=wp

Also, I thought the episode was pretty bleh. I don't know many grown-ups, even really self-absorbed ones like Meredith, who would actually say something like that to Lexie. It's just not close to plausible for me. Not enough Bailey. All the doctors getting their daily life lesson from Mama, bleh.

Christina was great as always, though - carnage always comes before rounds, or whatever that line was

I don't know... the baby crying thing ruins the entire episode for me. I cannot bear the sound of it, taped or live. eh.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
Also, I thought the episode was pretty bleh. I don't know many grown-ups, even really self-absorbed ones like Meredith, who would actually say something like that to Lexie. It's just not close to plausible for me.
Actually - that is pretty much my life.... or rather, my husbands. He never got to meet his 1/2 sister until he was 26 (just 3 years ago)... and she didn't even KNOW about him until she was 19 (just before they meet). While my Dh isn't as self-absorbed as Mer, his aunt (their dad's sister) is and still to this day refuses to meet her niece because their dad walked out on DH's life when he was about 2... and i've heard very much the same kind of things out of her mouth. And because DH decided to know his sister and ex-step-mom, his aunt now refuses to talk to him too. So, for me, that is very plausible thing to happen.

~Kris mama to Alexis (15), Elizabeth (10), Andrew (7), and 1 angel
Old 10-07-2007, 12:43 PM

All in all I thought it was a pretty good episode. I didn't like the whole baby thing, as neither DH nor I can stand to watch children suffering on television (or in real life of course). I have a bigger tolerance for dramatization of this sort of thing, and was able to leave the show on. DH on the other hand, left the room and couldn't return. When we hear about children suffering on the news or what have you, neither of us can bear to watch.

I thought other parts of the show were great. I loved the scene with Bailey and Alex. And I thought the Meredith and Lexi scene was great as well. Like a previous poster, I think it showed a lot of self-awareness in Meredith, and I'm glad she's learning about her self. I feel for Lexi, as she's trying so hard, but I also think that it was great the Meredith was honest with her about her feelings, rather than just blowing her off with no explanation.

Grey's definately redeemed itself from the premiere episode, and hopefully will only get better from here!!
Old 10-07-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
...I hear this a lot, about how the rules for child actors are strict. I believe that's true in terms of hours on the set, etc, but I am curious what the rules are about filming scared/unhappy babies. Are there rules about this? eta, found this but no help
http://www.slate.com/id/2168665?nav=wp

I don't know... the baby crying thing ruins the entire episode for me. I cannot bear the sound of it, taped or live. eh.
There was a great interview with the director & writers from the movie Tsotsti on NPR. There was a lot of neglect shown for a baby in the movie & they discussed all the ways they got around it, including taping the baby all the time & splicing the sounds together, or splicing the image into the movie.

And I agree with the baby crying...I had to mute those scenes or leave the room. I also couldn't watch the Tsotsti after hearing it discussed.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamnEmma View Post
that could get ugly quick. Remember when she tried to go cagefighter on Meredith and Izzy stopped her? Yikes. But then again, remember when Izzy went cagefighter on Christina and got Burke's scrub cap back? Izzy might just beat Callie's princessy butt up!
Yes! My money is on Izzy. I think she seems all wimpy on the surface, but deep down is the girl who will kick serious butt for those she loves. Now Callie comes off as super-tough, but I think inside, she is insecure and not so strong- the type who would leave you in a lurch. : As much as I wish I could like her, I just can't.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
one change i was happy to see is callie's new hair do! i really like her character, but her hair in the last season was so. . . . . wierd??? like punkish, and all over the place. in her face and everything. it drove me crazy, like what doctor would ever have hair like that?!? her new hairstyle is much more subdued

i am probably the only person who cares about callie's hair :

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

Old 10-08-2007, 11:51 AM

Anyone have the episode TIVo'd or taped and would be willing to type out what Mama Burke said to Derek about what it meant to be honorable? It was something about the knowing when to bow out when you know that you're never going to get what you deserve - I loved the way it was worded but can't remember exactly how it was said.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:01 PM

Something about a gentleman never settles for less than he deserves. He knows to give up and cut his losses and when to fight.

I really like Callies' hair better with bangs :. This new do just makes her look tired and hastily put together, I mean I know she's supose to look tired but she looks so different. I do like how they didn't let Burke just sort of be gone, like I know he's not on the cast but there are still issues with him being gone and they still talk about him. But WHAT ABOUT ADDISON? I mean no one has really mentioned her leaving or how its affected anyone. Its like she completely disappeared and we are to forget she was there.

The scene with George and Izzy where they were so close was perfect, you could tell what they were both thinking but he had to step away or they would lose it.

Can someone tell me how to do a spoiler tag?
Old 10-08-2007, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Something about a gentleman never settles for less than he deserves. He knows to give up and cut his losses and when to fight.

I really like Callies' hair better with bangs :. This new do just makes her look tired and hastily put together, I mean I know she's supose to look tired but she looks so different. I do like how they didn't let Burke just sort of be gone, like I know he's not on the cast but there are still issues with him being gone and they still talk about him. But WHAT ABOUT ADDISON? I mean no one has really mentioned her leaving or how its affected anyone. Its like she completely disappeared and we are to forget she was there.

The scene with George and Izzy where they were so close was perfect, you could tell what they were both thinking but he had to step away or they would lose it.

Can someone tell me how to do a spoiler tag?
To use the spoiler tags, type (spolier)Hello!(/spoiler) and then change Hello! to what you want to say, and change all ( to [ and all ) to ].
Old 10-09-2007, 12:16 PM

Let me try it

nevermind...
Old 10-09-2007, 05:46 PM

starr - I saw what you wrote in my email notifications. all that was missing was the / between the last [ and spoiler]

so it would say [spoiler] blah blah blah [ / spoiler] without the spaces

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Old 10-10-2007, 01:23 PM

Ok I'll try again

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Greys has a cast a new girl as a regular. She is said to play opposite McDreamy and will be on the show all season. It looks like it will be a new love interest
Old 10-10-2007, 02:13 PM

perfect!

sounds like a great spoiler too!

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Old 10-11-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Oh gosh, me too. That was terrible.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Ok I'll try again

Greys has a cast a new girl as a regular. She is said to play opposite McDreamy and will be on the show all season. It looks like it will be a new love interest
Grey's sister, right?
Old 10-11-2007, 06:01 PM

No someone new. They showed her picture. They said the producers made it sound like Lexi was going to be, the spoiler, but now they've cast a regular instead.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
No someone new. They showed her picture. They said the producers made it sound like Lexi was going to be, the spoiler, but now they've cast a regular instead.
So it's not Lexi?? But someone totally new as a love interest?

~Kris mama to Alexis (15), Elizabeth (10), Andrew (7), and 1 angel
Old 10-12-2007, 12:31 PM

Yes someone completely new.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes someone completely new.
Who?!?!

Please tell... I missed it!
Old 10-12-2007, 01:44 PM

I think either People Magazine reported it or PerezHilton, it was a week ago so you would have to go back a ways. I think its people now that I think about it. They showed her picture, I didn't recognize her, but she seems to have been an actress for a while. She looked closer to Derek's age, dark chestnut hair...
Old 10-12-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelle-a-tron View Post
Who?!?!

Please tell... I missed it!
I found this at tv guide. It doesn't tell much, but it does show a picture and tell what show she acted on before. Apparently there's speculation that she's either a new love interest for Derek, or another of his sisters.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:47 PM

ood episode i thought. i'm glad george told callie, instead of it being dragged on any longer. but jeez, what a way to end a show!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:23 PM

I really liked the show, I actually laughed quite a few times and I feel like it has been a long time since Grey's has made me laugh.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:47 PM

I am glad George told Callie. Alex is such and ass. I didn't think George should have hidden it because it would eventually come out, but Alex did it just to be as ass.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Ok I'll try again

Can't wait for that.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:53 PM

Will someone please tell me what George said to Callie at the end? My stupid TiVo cut it off. Also, were there previews for next week?

TIA

User Tag List