Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post
I love the new neighbours.
Me too.

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#122 of 397 Old 10-30-2007, 11:44 AM

The Bree story line disgusts me.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#123 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 02:28 AM

The homebirth was hilarious - I can believe they had her up on the kitchen table in the stranded beetle position! But I did like how Bree handled talking with her daughter about the adoption. They are still disfunctional, but I thought they made steps in a good direction.

So tell me - did she kill the possum or was that the cat? Dh and I couldn't tell.
#124 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 02:30 AM

It looked like a bunny to me...
#125 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 02:39 AM

I'm starting to think that the new girl, Dylan I think did something to her father and not the other way around. i think she may have accidently killed him when she was a child then blocked it out.
I liked the episode except the thing with mike's dad, susan really is starting to annoy me and I always liked her at first. I thought the Bree and daughter bit was well done, I'm glad she tried to talk to her about it insetad of just taking the baby.
#126 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 04:31 AM

It looked like a cat to me.

Anyone else expecting Danielle to come back & take the baby in a few months.
#127 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 08:51 AM

I think it was a possum. By the way, we have had possums in our yard and garage. They are sweet, passive creatures that don't harm anything and don't carry rabies.

Yeah, if they don't do the paperwork to make the adoption official, I can totally see Danielle coming back to claim the baby later. I did like the scene with Bree and Danielle and the baby.

Is Bree going to keep up the illusion that it's her baby? I mean, Adam knows (but says he won't tell), Lynette's kids know (but may have thought it was some sort of Halloween prank).

I was pleased to see a home birth. Didn't like that it was on the kitchen counter. What's wrong with a bed? I know Bree would hate to have her bedding soiled. But just put down some protective layers and let that woman labor in bed! Or where ever she wants.

I wonder when the statue-fountain will come up again. I mean, Susan and Mike can't sleep with it, right? And the homeowners association was reconvened to get rid of it. But (because Lee and Bob have the dirt on Katherine's husband) it's still there. Wouldn't Susan and Mike bring it up to Katherine?

I sure hope that they leave that baby whole and don't circumcise next week. The preview showed Bree asking a man to circumcise the baby. But I'm really hoping that her husband will prevent her from doing that.

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

#128 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 09:52 AM

I can't stand any tv birth. Water breaking to birth in what 20 minutes?

Possums are vicious, vicious animals.

I am so disgusted by Bree.

#129 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 10:54 AM

I thought that Danielle at the party was hilarious. And Bree and Danielle were very touching, very real. And Lynette's scene was amazing.
#130 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post

Possums are vicious, vicious animals.
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann-Marita View Post
They are sweet, passive creatures that don't harm anything and don't carry rabies.
#131 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 11:05 AM

We've had so many problems with possums, ruining our garden, attacking other animals, etc.

Maybe it depends on your area because they are very problematic pests here.

#132 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 11:05 AM

I have a long sad personal history with possums that
was documented in TAO at one point.

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#133 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 12:14 PM

It looks like Bree is going to take the baby to another baby's bris and ask the mohel to do hers too. Who does that?!

I like Gabby and Carlos - I hope ultimately they do end up together - they deserve each other...
#134 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 12:56 PM

did you see when mike got into his truck he took those pills? what do you think they are?

also ... do you think victor is going to hire someone to hunt down carlos?

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

#135 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 01:13 PM

There is a thread in the Case Against Circ that contains a spoiler about the circ issue. It doesn't say what ultimately happens though... just a small spoiler really. Nothing too exciting.
#136 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluefish View Post
I like Gabby and Carlos - I hope ultimately they do end up together - they deserve each other...
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

#137 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 01:43 PM

Did the previews for next week show Gabby push Victor off the yacht? MY recording cut it off right in the middle of that part.
#138 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 01:49 PM

Yeah, she did push him off the yacht - then Carlos goes "did you just push him off the boat?!" Or something like that - like - "What have you done?!"

Carlos and Gabby seem to have that whole "Taming the Shrew" energy - I always enjoy that for some reason...
#139 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah it showed her hitting him with an oar into the water and then she is on land talking to Carlos and he says "Victor is in the water?"

I loved the scene with Bree and Danielle but really a few things ticked me off. Like are you sure you want to do this? Umm hello, you sent her away and TOLD her what was happening and NOW you ask what she wants to do? I realize its TV but grrrr these things get me.

Susan, I could care less. I sometimes forget she is even on the show she is just so boring and predictable.
#140 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 01:53 PM

I agree with the_lissa- possums are wretched, vicious animals. They are so nasty and very aggressive, at least here in Southern CA.

I also thought that the homebirth was kind of ridiculous- first baby, water breaks in a huge gush with no pre-labor signs that we saw, and then she was immediately in hard labor, with a baby arriving almost immediately after. I know it CAN happen, but come on, that's not the norm. This is why so many of my students think you have to rush to the hospital immediately when your water breaks- because of how it's portrayed on TV. But I don't really watch Desperate Housewives for realism, so....
#141 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr View Post

Susan, I could care less. I sometimes forget she is even on the show she is just so boring and predictable.
No kidding. She had scenes in a PRISON with a murderer! And still, boring. They have to figure out how to make her silly personality more appealing. Or at least, could they get her face a little bit symmetrical?? Am I the only one who finds her totally lopsided nose distracting?
#142 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
did you see when mike got into his truck he took those pills? what do you think they are?
sleeping pills perhaps?

Quote:
Like are you sure you want to do this? Umm hello, you sent her away and TOLD her what was happening and NOW you ask what she wants to do?
yes but Bree was trying to talk to her previously about how this may be harder for her than she thinks it will be. What they showed last night was that Danielle has been putting a up a front about not wanting this baby, etc as a coping mechanism. When she actually had him her real feelings came out.
#143 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 02:00 PM

susan is irritating for sure. i don't care much for edie lately, they make her far too needy on men when she strikes me as being more independent and self-assured than they portray her.

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

#144 of 397 Old 11-05-2007, 10:26 PM

Can someone tell me what was said between the gay couple and the other new neighbors? My local channel chose right then to air that blaring horn that announces weather warnings and I didn't get to hear what Dana Delany or the 2 guys said to each other.

for intuitive readings click here :
#145 of 397 Old 11-06-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphie76 View Post
I agree with the_lissa- possums are wretched, vicious animals. They are so nasty and very aggressive, at least here in Southern CA.

I also thought that the homebirth was kind of ridiculous- first baby, water breaks in a huge gush with no pre-labor signs that we saw, and then she was immediately in hard labor, with a baby arriving almost immediately after. I know it CAN happen, but come on, that's not the norm. This is why so many of my students think you have to rush to the hospital immediately when your water breaks- because of how it's portrayed on TV. But I don't really watch Desperate Housewives for realism, so....
I had to have my water broken for me at 9 cm in the tub, but that was just me . Anyway, I totally hear you about the delivery being totally stupid. My labor with Lana, from start to finish, was less than 5 hours long and that was with nursing in the first hour (which I credit for the fast delivery) and my midwife said I progressed very quickly. I'll bet her labor hurt something fierce though, I've heard the faster the labor, the more it hurts.
#146 of 397 Old 11-06-2007, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyes View Post
Can someone tell me what was said between the gay couple and the other new neighbors? My local channel chose right then to air that blaring horn that announces weather warnings and I didn't get to hear what Dana Delany or the 2 guys said to each other.
Lee (the blonde gay guy) said something like, "Oh, Catherine is dressed up as a self important queen who loses power!" and Catherine turns to her husband (I think his name is Adam) and says, "Lee is commenting about a queen? A little bit ironic don't you think?" and Adam did a Frankenstein's monster groan in response.
#147 of 397 Old 11-06-2007, 04:34 PM

ah, thanks.

I thought Danielle imitating Bree was the funniest part of the whole show, but I like it that Catherine isn't going to be able to push everyone around.

#148 of 397 Old 11-07-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandib50 View Post
susan is irritating for sure. i don't care much for edie lately, they make her far too needy on men when she strikes me as being more independent and self-assured than they portray her.
I totally agree. I find Susan irritating. I also can't figure out why Edie has so much trouble with men. One would think that a lot of men would find her very attractive, but she seems to have problems with every man she gets together with.
#149 of 397 Old 11-07-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanElizabeth View Post
I totally agree. I find Susan irritating. I also can't figure out why Edie has so much trouble with men. One would think that a lot of men would find her very attractive, but she seems to have problems with every man she gets together with.
Any idea if it's men or women who write this show? I was irritated with the whole suicide attempt from Edie also. The way Susan and Edie 'think' is awfully weird.

#150 of 397 Old 11-09-2007, 01:33 AM

hey mamas, funny how I just found this thread?! Cause I'm finally caught up in desperate housewives...waaaay too much drama for one hr! But I love it.

I think the character I love the most is Lynette, she seems the most down to earth mom whom I would love to be friends/neighbors with. I love her husband too, so helpful, sensitive and understanding... (remember Nonny this is a tv show not real life)

Bree's character is very amusing, great imitation from daughter, didn't like the homebirth either, don't like how tv shows pregnancy+birth period.

I think Susan is very a very annoying character and very sensitive about how people see her.

Don't like the whole cheating business between carlos, gab and the blonde (forgot the name at the moment). Could they stop sleeping around with each other already! Good grief.

I liked the halloween episode and the party very festive. Bree's husband looks ridiculous in whatever he was suppose to be.

looking forward to reading more and more episodes!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page