Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-06-2008, 12:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mady makes me laugh so hard because she and my Amelia could be the same person.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2008, 11:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
We watched an episode tonight... I think it was a repeat because the boys were still in diapers. But anyway, it was Cara and Maddy's birthday and while they were at school, Jon and Kate took the little ones to the gym. Well, while they were eating before leaving home, one of the boys was whining at the table and Jon told him to stop or he would have to have a time out. He continued to whine so he went in a time out and then Kate says, "Sorry, don't listen to daddy.... daddy is mean." I was like

Kim, proud CPS mom to Marnie and my 4 legged kids, Jess, Zander, Oliver, Stumpy and Eddie.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:11 AM

I just saw an episode I DVR'd... the one with the chores. Why do you figure they blurred out part of the paper on the laundry basket?

Bean : Mama to DSs and (& :, 4 goats & 7 ) and two fraternal twin BOYS 9-19-09 (+ 1 daytime boy)
Old 05-08-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanjeepin View Post
Why do you figure they blurred out part of the paper on the laundry basket?
I have no idea, but I wondered the same thing!

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

Old 05-08-2008, 12:24 AM

Quote:
I just saw an episode I DVR'd... the one with the chores. Why do you figure they blurred out part of the paper on the laundry basket?
I wonder if it had some kind of religious saying on it. But then that doesn't make sense since they don't blur out the ones they have all over the cabinets.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:24 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianchick View Post
Well, while they were eating before leaving home, one of the boys was whining at the table and Jon told him to stop or he would have to have a time out. He continued to whine so he went in a time out and then Kate says, "Sorry, don't listen to daddy.... daddy is mean." I was like
You know this is what I don't get, when Jon gets angry at Kate, calls her names in front of the kids and tells her to shut up people here cheer him on yet when Kate does pretty much the same thing she is criticized.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:
That struck me as strange too. I wonder what it could be.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:38 AM

The thing on the basket ( only guessing as I haven't watched that episode yet) could be the name like Rubbermaid or something. I have found that if a product is not a sponsor of the show they blur it out

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
Old 05-08-2008, 01:21 AM

Apparently John got hair plugs...TLC's website said that there was an upcoming episode about it soon, but they've taken it down so maybe they're not doing it anymore. In any case, I've been told that they were really obvious on the latest new episode.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Probably a brand name that is not a sponsor... like Juicy Juice! Boy they show that a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianchick View Post
We watched an episode tonight... I think it was a repeat because the boys were still in diapers. But anyway, it was Cara and Maddy's birthday and while they were at school, Jon and Kate took the little ones to the gym. Well, while they were eating before leaving home, one of the boys was whining at the table and Jon told him to stop or he would have to have a time out. He continued to whine so he went in a time out and then Kate says, "Sorry, don't listen to daddy.... daddy is mean." I was like
While I didn't approve of her saying that to the kids, I get it. My dh and I have different discipline styles, and I have to bite my tongue a lot so as not to contradict in front of the kids. I don't think I'd ever say that "Daddy's mean" though.

And she puts the kids in time out too, why can't he? Like when he did it at Gymboree and she got on him then too. You gotta respect each other's attempts at discipline. But it IS hard. It is for me, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loitering View Post
Apparently John got hair plugs...

Doing my best every day with DH , DD (11) , and DS (4)

Old 05-08-2008, 11:14 AM

I like the one last night when they answered viewers letters. They seemed a little more laid back than in many of the interviews. It's fun seeing the producer and the camera guys. (The sound guy is named Mike! That makes me giggle.) I'd would have like to seem more of the older girls interviewing Jon and Kate.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loitering View Post
Apparently John got hair plugs...TLC's website said that there was an upcoming episode about it soon, but they've taken it down so maybe they're not doing it anymore. In any case, I've been told that they were really obvious on the latest new episode.
I KNEW IT!! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!!!
You can totally tell. Plus he has bangs now.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:44 PM

I guess now that I think about it I noticed his head was a little more "full" of hair, but honestly I didn't think anything about it.

I hate to say it, but for being so "religious" they're terribly vain. I'm not saying that I'm not vain or all religious people aren't vain, just that with all the plastic sugery and cosmetic enhancments they do it strikes me as odd.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjoe View Post
I hate to say it, but for being so "religious" they're terribly vain. I'm not saying that I'm not vain or all religious people aren't vain, just that with all the plastic sugery and cosmetic enhancments they do it strikes me as odd.
I gotta say though that I think that Kate's plastic surgery really wasn't so vain, her body was really damaged from the birth of the sextuplets, remember her Jowls of a Dog? I can completely understand her need to correct her extra skin since it was pretty apparent that exercise and diet would not correct that problem!

I'd love to see more about Jon's hair plugs - I wonder if the kids will notice and say anything!
Old 05-08-2008, 01:06 PM

I'm not a fan of hair plugs. I never think they look natural. But I can't judge Kate one bit for her cosmetic procedure.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton View Post
I gotta say though that I think that Kate's plastic surgery really wasn't so vain, her body was really damaged from the birth of the sextuplets, remember her Jowls of a Dog? I can completely understand her need to correct her extra skin since it was pretty apparent that exercise and diet would not correct that problem!
That's true. I just hate seeing that she has so many girls and she passes on this perfectionism to them by modeling that kind of behavior (she also got a tummy tuck and wanted her boobs done). That and she doesn't drive "hither-thither-and-yon", doesn't put gas in the car, doesn't take out the trash, so on and so forth (it's a man's job).

I model poor behavior too. It's just easier to see it from someone else on a TV show
Old 05-08-2008, 01:53 PM

Here's more fuel for the vanity fire

Apparently another upcoming episode will feature John and Kate getting their teeth whitened and then going out to dinner!

Yawn...I really like the day to day stuff more.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:17 PM

I don't think wanting to look good has anything to do with religion. Just my opinion and I agree her stomach was not just normal pregnancy belly. I mean she may have had a tummy tuck after only one kid, but we don't know that. I don't blame her there, though I would be too scared to have a tummy tuck as much as I would LOVE one!:

I did think his hair has looked fuller. Those things are NOT cheap let me tell you, my friends dh had them several years ago and it is expensive, especially if you want to make sure they look real.

I would imagine one of 7 kids would notice that. My ds who is almost 10 notices EVERYTHING so he would for sure say, " hey what's up with your hair?"

Old 05-09-2008, 01:25 AM

How do people know that she had cosmetic surgery and that he got hair plugs?

Doing my best every day with DH , DD (11) , and DS (4)

Old 05-09-2008, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granolalight View Post
How do people know that she had cosmetic surgery and that he got hair plugs?
The cosmetic surgery was part of the 2nd hour special, the hair plugs are obvious. I don't know how someone knew it was going to be a possible epidode.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:27 AM

The hair plugs had been posted on the TLC website in an upcoming episode description, but then it was taken down.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:28 AM

Ok I am gonna bite, what did Kate have done??? I notice some differences but can not put it to words.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 05-09-2008, 09:09 AM

In the second one hour special, before the show, Kate had plastic surgery to remove the huge amount of extra skin left from the sextuplets birth, and the muscles tightened.

They didn't pay for it, as I don't think they could have afforded it. In the first special, she showed her belly complete with "jowls of the dog" as she and Jon referred to the extra skin. And a plastic surgeon's wife saw, and convinced her husband to do it for free, and kept Kate during her recovery.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 05-09-2008, 09:27 AM

And when she had the consult for the tummy tuck, she also asked about getting a free boob lift, and the surgeon told her to just buy a better bra.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:36 AM

Oh, I didn't realize Jon got hair plugs, but did notice something different about him, just couldn't put my finger on it. I don't watch the show as often as I used to - it's gotten kind of old for me. Plus I got sick of hearing Kate saying how hard her life is raising all those kids. However, the kids are so adorable.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post
They didn't pay for it, as I don't think they could have afforded it. In the first special, she showed her belly complete with "jowls of the dog" as she and Jon referred to the extra skin. And a plastic surgeon's wife saw, and convinced her husband to do it for free, and kept Kate during her recovery.
In the "behind the scenes" episode they shared that Kate had gotten another procedure that day that they hadn't talked about - the liposuction. I had just assumed that if he was going to remove the skin he'd also suck up a little of the fat ( not that she has much) but I guess not and they made a big deal about it later. I wonder if they paid for the "extra" procedue or not.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xmom View Post
I got sick of hearing Kate saying how hard her life is raising all those kids. However, the kids are so adorable.
One thing that I've always noticed is that her house is always clean, her hair is always done, along with her nails and what-not. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve all those things, but we all tend to make our own extra stresses. For me, a super-clean house equals not enough time spent with my kids.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:08 PM

Well she does have very easy hair, my guess is that it looks like it would take 5 minutes with a blow dry and then some styling stuff. I know that when I get dressed right for the day I always feel better and it gives me more energy, my guess is that being the way she is that is why she makes that effort.

They also don't have alot of extra "stuff" no knickknacks and what not to clutter up the place. I don't even think the kids have anything hanging on the walls in their rooms or play area. To me she likes uncluttered spaces which really does hlep make a place look cleaner. I agree that she needs to chill on the cleaning stuff but it's hard when that is your personality type

Old 05-09-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whateverdidiwants View Post
And when she had the consult for the tummy tuck, she also asked about getting a free boob lift, and the surgeon told her to just buy a better bra.
Yeah, I remember that! I thought that she probably did need one, but
the surgeon didn't want to do any more free work!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I just found another link regarding J&K. Remember the dry erase charts she showed on the last show when the kids got their chore list? Those are 50$!!!! And the plates they have with each kids name on them? 24$ each. They are made out of melamine. 200$ for eight melamine plates??? Holy cow. If you want to check out the web sight it is www.emtannerdesigns.com

User Tag List