Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 3013 Old 07-16-2007, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can never remember when this show is on............

~Gabbi~ Life experienced by me..... Mommy to 4 chicken3.gif,Furry Babies x 2 dog2.gif,and the love of my life trekkie.gif

#62 of 3013 Old 07-26-2007, 03:41 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just set it up on the DVR! Can't wait to check it out!
#63 of 3013 Old 08-11-2007, 11:54 AM

I am like a deer in headlights whenever I watch this show. : The kids are absolutely beautiful and the couple seems to have a pretty normal, healthy relationship based on the limited episodes I have seen, but wow . .I have to wonder, if in the same circumstances, I would do as well. Yikes!
#64 of 3013 Old 08-18-2007, 05:48 AM

I love them, but has anyone seen the first time?

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
#65 of 3013 Old 08-19-2007, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just started watching this show. Honestly I see a lot of Kate in myself, but I'm definitely not that organized and OCD, but I do get very snippy when stressed. I think this show is very realistic for having 8 DC 6y and younger, no judgement from me at all.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#66 of 3013 Old 08-30-2007, 07:29 PM

It is always on so late here and the reruns are the same ones I already seen.
#67 of 3013 Old 10-03-2007, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Woo hoo, the season premier was finally on! It was a good show.

Ugh, all the junk food at the 3rd birthday party. I also thought it was funny that Kate thought the kids wouldn't destroy the crepe paper!

Jon cooks breakfast once a year? Is that what I got out of the Mother's Day episode? Wow.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#68 of 3013 Old 10-03-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2005 View Post
Woo hoo, the season premier was finally on! It was a good show.

Ugh, all the junk food at the 3rd birthday party. I also thought it was funny that Kate thought the kids wouldn't destroy the crepe paper!

Jon cooks breakfast once a year? Is that what I got out of the Mother's Day episode? Wow.
Well even Kate said that she never gives the children that kind of food. From previous shows it seems she is really obsessed with giving them healthy food. I noticed that the eggs John were using were brown, and he did mention it was all organic.

I dont think he said he ONLY cooks once a year, but just that he does cook on Mothers Day every year. It doesnt mean he doesnt cook at any other time. At least thats what I thought it said.

I thought Kate was kind of MEAN talking about how fat John has gotten! Had it been a man saying that ("youre not going to drive! Walk instead" etc) and talking about how flabby he has gotten.... yeah I wouldnt want to embarass my husband like that in front of people! She can be so snippy with him.

Anyhow, I watched the 2 episodes last night with my 2yo who thought it was great LOL. She loves birthday parties. I wish I had all those friends and family members to help me out!

~Shannon~ Proud Mama of 3 girls, ages 7,4, and 2.
#69 of 3013 Old 10-04-2007, 08:43 PM

I love the show too but I'v only seen a few of them Does anyone know of any sites I can see the rest of season1?
#70 of 3013 Old 10-04-2007, 09:06 PM

FREE JON!!

I wish she wouldn't pick on him so much. DH and I bicker a lot, but it's more our way of communicating (ha ha) and it's good natured. I can't stand it when she looks at him and goes, "hel-LO!!!!!!" like he's a complete moron. And when she started freaking out about the water on the floor from the washing machine...I thought one of the kids had gotten hurt, the way she was carrying on.

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.
#71 of 3013 Old 10-06-2007, 12:28 AM

I love the show. Kate is totally at the end of her rope and I think that's why she snaps at Jon so much. I would be kind of snippy too with eight little kids.

Paper plates, eh. I'm not sure I would do it that way, but, again, I don't have eight kids.

One thing I don't like is that it feels like a lot of the episodes have the parents going away from the kids ... I like the ones that are more about how they manage the chaos at home.

I missed the third birthday one, can't wait to see it.

Also -- were the sextuplets drugs or IVF? If they were IVF, I'm kind of surprised the doctor implanted that many eggs when she had already had twins.
#72 of 3013 Old 10-06-2007, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabeth78 View Post
Also -- were the sextuplets drugs or IVF? If they were IVF, I'm kind of surprised the doctor implanted that many eggs when she had already had twins.
I think she said on their website that the sextuplets were drugs not an IVF. Actually, I think the twins were conceived the same way. I think it was an IUI w/meds (not positive though).

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#73 of 3013 Old 10-06-2007, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
I think she said on their website that the sextuplets were drugs not an IVF. Actually, I think the twins were conceived the same way. I think it was an IUI w/meds (not positive though).
Yeah I think I remember her saying it was drugs and they took them so they could have just ONE more kid, and they got 6!

~Shannon~ Proud Mama of 3 girls, ages 7,4, and 2.
#74 of 3013 Old 10-09-2007, 06:59 PM

I actually thought of posting this in Parents as Partners because my main issue with the show is the way Kate treats Jon.

While I find her very inspiring as a mom-- she has 100x more energy and organization than I have-- I really dislike the way she bosses around her husband and is critical of him. Would you say they have a healthy marriage? He even had issue with her when she yelled at him in the toy store "like a dog" (his words). And remember the time she started talking in a hushed voice to the camera about how much less attractive her husband is now than when they met?

And have you noticed that she does all the talking when they are interviewed? :

Is it just me, or do their kids always seem to be whining and crying... omg... my kids are whiners but they have it a lot worse.
#75 of 3013 Old 10-09-2007, 07:05 PM

The way Kate treats Jon is what really turns me off to this show. Yeah, she is the dominant one and with 8 kids, I'd get grouchy too BUT she really crosses the line at times. I'd go as far as to say she is verbally and emotionally abusive towards him.. For instance, when she demanded that he walk instead of drive because he needed to lose weight. :

I'm still carrying a lot of baby weight and if my dp talked to me like that
(esp. on national tv) my feelings would be really hurt.

Mama to a 3.5 yo dd
#76 of 3013 Old 10-09-2007, 07:28 PM

I think they are both dweebs. : I watched the show once and they annoyed me so much I wanted to throw things at the TV. Cute kids, though.
#77 of 3013 Old 10-09-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog View Post
I think they are both dweebs. : I watched the show once and they annoyed me so much I wanted to throw things at the TV. Cute kids, though.
yeah.....although what really kind of bugs me is the "look at us....we have so many kids.....it's so rough..." bleahhhh.....My friend has 8 children....under the age of 10 ..(they adopted) and she doesnt have a tv show.....I dont know....I have 6 and get no attention...maybe i'm bitter

Here's me I married then we had dd15 , dd11 , ds10 , and then and now we and I blog!
#78 of 3013 Old 10-09-2007, 07:39 PM

I think it also kind of goes without saying that anyone who puts their family with small kids on national tv and airs their intimate life events on the same has some kind of issues.
#79 of 3013 Old 10-09-2007, 07:45 PM

I thought that she was a right in toys r us.I turned it off after that one.I also didn't like ho she made her one of the to year olds face the wall in the corner and then guilt him by saying"daddy wants you to obey mummy when he's at work!!" WTF:

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
#80 of 3013 Old 10-09-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I think it also kind of goes without saying that anyone who puts their family with small kids on national tv and airs their intimate life events on the same has some kind of issues.
Very good point!

I do feel she is verbally abusive towards her husband. And he just takes it. If I tried bossing around and criticizing my DH like that, I'd get an earful!
#81 of 3013 Old 10-09-2007, 09:16 PM

I could never marry someone like her.

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
#82 of 3013 Old 10-10-2007, 04:34 PM

I'm sure there is alot of editing to make it seem better or worse than what it is. I wonder if Jon & Kate actual review it before it airs, b/c the way she talks to him is kind of mean at times, I'm just wondering how long he is going to take it, until he gets fed up and lets her have.

The kids are adorable, but I just don't think I would want my life on tv like that. But to each his own.
#83 of 3013 Old 10-11-2007, 11:13 PM

She can be pretty rude, but you never know what was edited. TV can make anyone look bad if they take enough comments out of context. The kids are adorable though.
#84 of 3013 Old 10-11-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Yeah. This. Ugh.
#85 of 3013 Old 10-12-2007, 04:03 AM

Quote:
I haven't seen the show but I have visited their website http://www.sixgosselins.com and I think it's all about the money - on the website they have a page devoted to "some of our favorite sponsors and friends", they are doing speaking engagements and Kate's looking for a Christian publisher for our upcoming book $$$ - are they spending any time with the kids while all of this is going on? oh thats right nannies x (Sponsor) will be taking care of them! I may be being a touch cynical but the sextuplets are not babies anymore so they don't have to high cost of diapers, formula and all the other paraphernalia babies need

Oh in the faq section it mentions the brand of bibs the kids used plus another nice mention of the brand of their passenger van both with links $$$$$

The majority of families around the workd have to get through the cost of raising children without the help of sponsorship why are they special?

: : : :

Sam, mum to: Ian, James, Lottie, Maddy, Jack, Ruby, Bronte & Sophia and Nate
#86 of 3013 Old 10-12-2007, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoifesMom View Post
She can be pretty rude, but you never know what was edited. TV can make anyone look bad if they take enough comments out of context. The kids are adorable though.
I don't think you can make yelling and whistling across a store at your husband look any worse than she made it. I was actually embarrassed for him...and her. I mean, people were staring at them, and she was speaking as if she was on stage without a mike. I barely talk to my dog that way.
The worst part is that she didn't even acknowledge what she had done until she realized he was p'oed...royally.

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#87 of 3013 Old 10-12-2007, 05:18 AM

FREE JON!!

That is all I have to say about that...

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.
#88 of 3013 Old 10-12-2007, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByMySide View Post
FREE JON!!

That is all I have to say about that...

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#89 of 3013 Old 10-12-2007, 06:58 PM

I just saw part of the episode where they were shopping and she was barking at him and it was painful to watch. And then when they were all cuddled up in the chair giving commentary, he was so sweet by saying that it embarasses him and upsets him because he knows it makes her look bad. Her reply was something to the effect of "I don't care how I look to other people". Well...what about how you look/act toward your husband!

I know it's easy to judge, and I know I've had bad days but I can't imagine acting like that to anyone (especially dh) and espcially in front of kids! And, again, not to judge because I can't imagine what I would be like if I had 8 young children. I just hope that if I did act like that and saw it on tape I would at least address it and not dismiss/accept it as OK.

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#90 of 3013 Old 10-12-2007, 07:56 PM

i have only seen one episode and in it all i could think was that Kate is depressed. i say this because i am and when i am upset with the world i take it out on my best friend- my husband. i am ashamed to admit i can treat him like real trash without even thinking about what i am saying or doing. it just spills out of me.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page