Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 3013 Old 11-11-2007, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I admit that my OCD side wants to know what all her little signs say.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#242 of 3013 Old 11-12-2007, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I've changed my mind about this show

I feel bad for my comments earlier. I actually watched a couple episodes today and I really like Kate

I totally admire her organizing abilities I also dont think she's that mean to Jon....I think his passive agressiveness is what causes her to react

Anyway...I like it....it's fun to watch

Here's me I married then we had dd15 , dd11 , ds10 , and then and now we and I blog!
#243 of 3013 Old 11-12-2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykdsmomy View Post
Ok, I've changed my mind about this show

I feel bad for my comments earlier. I actually watched a couple episodes today and I really like Kate

I totally admire her organizing abilities I also dont think she's that mean to Jon....I think his passive agressiveness is what causes her to react

Anyway...I like it....it's fun to watch
...so you're watching the marathon too...

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#244 of 3013 Old 11-12-2007, 12:38 AM

Quote:
I also dont think she's that mean to Jon....I think his passive agressiveness is what causes her to react
:

I totally agree. Its the same thing that DH does that drives me insane...
#245 of 3013 Old 11-12-2007, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
...so you're watching the marathon too...
I was til dh changed it

Now i'm looking for organizational tips for large families online.....I have 5 children and my house is a disaster....her house looks insanely clean

Here's me I married then we had dd15 , dd11 , ds10 , and then and now we and I blog!
#246 of 3013 Old 11-12-2007, 02:54 AM

i just watched the dentist episode....... and if they can handle taking sextuplets AND twins to the dentist all in one day...... i can definatly make my big old anxiety filled scared butt to take my one special needs ds to the dentist next week.

on a plus side, ds watched them as they were getting their teeth done and laughed, i wonder if he will laugh at the dentists itself
#247 of 3013 Old 11-12-2007, 03:08 AM

: kates response to mady in the start of the 4th of july episode is priceless

mady : the babies have everything we dont have!

kate: they have dirty jackets mady, do you want one?
#248 of 3013 Old 11-12-2007, 03:14 AM

Oh yay!! I just saw this thread and put it on! Its the Fourth episode!!!
#249 of 3013 Old 11-12-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
I was til dh changed it

Now i'm looking for organizational tips for large families online.....I have 5 children and my house is a disaster....her house looks insanely clean
Her house is very clean, but I think it's a trade off. I think she stresses out a lot over it and that puts a lot of strain on her and her expectations. I'm pretty sure (like other shave mentioned) she's got OCD and that makes it hard for her to let go sometimes.

Mama to : '05, '08, '10 and expecting our 3rd homebirth.jpgJanuary '13

#250 of 3013 Old 11-12-2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
Her house is very clean, but I think it's a trade off. I think she stresses out a lot over it and that puts a lot of strain on her and her expectations. I'm pretty sure (like other shave mentioned) she's got OCD and that makes it hard for her to let go sometimes.
she openly admits in one of the episodes that shes a little ocd. i feel sorry for her, its not easy to do all that alone, she doesnt have her parents or his parents to help..... thats got to be hard.
#251 of 3013 Old 11-12-2007, 07:58 PM

I watched this show since it started on TLC. I really enjoy it.
Have they ever mentioned where Kates parents are and why they don't seem to be involved?
I know Jon's dad passed away and we saw Jon's Grandma at the kids Bday party and kate made some mention about her parents not being involved and thats why they have family friends who are like surrogate Gparents.
I am just wondering if anyone knew where her parents are?
Just being Nosey.
#252 of 3013 Old 11-12-2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwahine View Post
: kates response to mady in the start of the 4th of july episode is priceless

mady : the babies have everything we dont have!

kate: they have dirty jackets mady, do you want one?
I laughed at that too. I so wanted to stay up and watch the marathon, but I made myself go to bed at 12:30.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#253 of 3013 Old 11-12-2007, 10:19 PM

Well, Kate is not always exactly the paragon of civility when she talks to Jon, but on the other hand I have some empathy for her. Jon seems to do that thing my DH does--when chaos is starting to descend, instead of stepping up to the plate, he just shuts off. Stops seeing, hearing, loses all ability to multitask, just stands there like a dumb mule. It drives me absolutely bonkers when DH does this, and I only have two kids (though sometimes it feels like three). Sometimes snapping (I've only noticed her snap, certainly not "scream") is the only way to get the other adult in the group to spring into action, whether that pisses him off or not. It's a lousy situation to be the one that everyone expects to take charge, and then to be condemned for it.
#254 of 3013 Old 11-12-2007, 11:44 PM

While I agree that she can be very snippy and rude, I hope that I can stay as composed as she does with 8 children, 6 of which are 3 years old. I think people are too quick to judge her. The fact she puts her family on TV...heck I would if I had 8 college educations to pay for. It doesnt seem to bother her or the children and if anything she serves as inspiration to other mothers, because lets face it, not many people deal with the level of chaos she does on a daily basis and she has to do it EVERY day. I also think that anyone who had to deal with that kind of insanity would be b!tchy at times. I love my DH with all my heart, but when I am rushing to catch a plane I am about to miss (which just happened a few months ago) I was very rude to him and didnt even realize it. Obviously our DP's are who we are most comfortable with and therefore who we let our guard down with the most, like Kate did in Toys R Us. I think she is great. I love that she can keep that sense of humor that I think is hilarious, but then again, I do feel sorry for her that she has mild OCD. I think even if you dont have children OCD can make life difficult. I think she deals with it well.

7/09 at 7 weeks - love you peanut
#255 of 3013 Old 11-12-2007, 11:47 PM

My DD (age 8) and I love watching Jon and Kate....I am totally inspired by the organizational skills of Kate and her cleaning capabilities.

A few things bug me, but not enough for me to be turned off from the show.
#256 of 3013 Old 11-13-2007, 12:19 AM

I LOVED tonight's episode! I wish Sara Snow would come cook with me, I'm so jealous.
I truely am amazed that Jon and Kate bought half a cow, that they manage to provide 80-90% all organic, homecooked meals for their children, that she is really trying to change to healthier ways. I noticed that the kids are eating on non-paper plates now. I'm sure with them being older and less constant eating going on, the dishes are much more managable. I can hardly hold my head above water with the dishes we create.

#257 of 3013 Old 11-13-2007, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
I LOVED tonight's episode! I wish Sara Snow would come cook with me, I'm so jealous.
I truely am amazed that Jon and Kate bought half a cow, that they manage to provide 80-90% all organic, homecooked meals for their children, that she is really trying to change to healthier ways. I noticed that the kids are eating on non-paper plates now. I'm sure with them being older and less constant eating going on, the dishes are much more managable. I can hardly hold my head above water with the dishes we create.
she says in one of the episodes that they dont always use paper, the do have their own plates and bowls, i think they only use paper at certain meals when they want a little break from dishes ykwim?
#258 of 3013 Old 11-13-2007, 12:33 AM

Oh, ok, I must've missed that. Even still! I'm still shocked she doesn't use all paper plates. The thought is very entertaining to me.

#259 of 3013 Old 11-13-2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Oh, ok, I must've missed that. Even still! I'm still shocked she doesn't use all paper plates. The thought is very entertaining to me.
i know!! you gotta give it to the mama, they are a whole lot better than that other tv family with alot of kids so what if shes snippy a little, at least they are a real life real family, that other family scares me, they are always to happy.
#260 of 3013 Old 11-13-2007, 02:12 PM

Last night's shows were great! I loved her kissing on the little girl in the first one. That's the sort of thing I wonder if they edit out, you know? Why keep the sniping and edit out the smooching?

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#261 of 3013 Old 11-13-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Last night's shows were great! I loved her kissing on the little girl in the first one. That's the sort of thing I wonder if they edit out, you know? Why keep the sniping and edit out the smooching?
it doesnt make good drama
#262 of 3013 Old 11-13-2007, 04:38 PM

Well, I want more toddler snuggling, darn it!

#263 of 3013 Old 11-13-2007, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Wow! The whole attitude of this thread has changed! Loving it!

I was wondering what everybody was going to say after last nights episode. I want half of an organic cow!

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#264 of 3013 Old 11-13-2007, 04:40 PM

Last night's show made me homesick for Lancaster.

#265 of 3013 Old 11-13-2007, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I had to chuckle when one of the little boys said "That my cow!" too cute! The kids were very brave with all of those chickens!
#266 of 3013 Old 11-13-2007, 06:05 PM

You know what else? Kate was letting them touch the animals! She wasn't being all "Ew. Come here and let me wash your hands". It made me wonder if they were totally playing up the germaphobe stuff as well.

Part of me did wonder though, if she's so concerned with chemicals why the heck were they using storebought playdough? It doesn't take too long to make your own...

#267 of 3013 Old 11-13-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
You know what else? Kate was letting them touch the animals! She wasn't being all "Ew. Come here and let me wash your hands". It made me wonder if they were totally playing up the germaphobe stuff as well.

Part of me did wonder though, if she's so concerned with chemicals why the heck were they using storebought playdough? It doesn't take too long to make your own...
im sure it doesnt take long, but i couldnt imagine doing it with 8 kids running around my feet
#268 of 3013 Old 11-13-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I truely am amazed that Jon and Kate bought half a cow, that they manage to provide 80-90% all organic, homecooked meals for their children, that she is really trying to change to healthier ways. I noticed that the kids are eating on non-paper plates now. .
:

I loved last nights episode. I'm glad they didn't just show clips of the kids whining and crying this time.
#269 of 3013 Old 11-13-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:

Well I think she is just really learning about natural products so she probably hasn't even thought about the playdough. I'm sure as time goes on that'll change too.
#270 of 3013 Old 11-13-2007, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Part of me did wonder though, if she's so concerned with chemicals why the heck were they using storebought playdough?
The same reason my bil freaks if you don't rinse dishes to get the soap off because eating soap is harmful but has no problem vax'ing himself/kids, drinking a case of coke a day, is addicted to Tim Hortons, etc.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page