Queer as Folk ~ US vs UK - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-18-2002, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have cable, so when the UK version hit my local video store, I rented them, watched them, loved them (mostly )

Now the US version is at my local video store, so I rented it, watched it, was really irritated by it.

It's the EXACT same story! Different names, but the SAME story! I mean, the lesbians seemed to have slightly bigger parts, and the one guy's parents slightly smaller parts, but the SAME story! I really don't think I liked this show enough to watch it twice....

So, does anyone know if it continues to be the exact same story? Or does it eventually become a show of it's own?

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2002, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Bumpin' cause I really wanna know!!!

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
Old 03-19-2002, 07:30 PM

hey feminist~mama, I don't have any concrete info for you, just wanted you to know that I like the show too. I don't remember what it is off the top of my head, but I know that the Advocate's website has lots of QAF info on it. I've never seen the UK version so therefore I am in love with the US version and cannot wait for it to come on every Sunday night! It's such a fun, awesome, funny show!

xo
traci
Old 03-19-2002, 07:35 PM

Can't help you with your dillemma, just wanted to chime in that I love the US version (I have never seen the UK one.)
I think it is such a sexy show.
Old 03-20-2002, 06:38 PM

Sorry, no answers for you either cuz I haven't seen the UK version, but heard about it. I love the show...I'm in love with Brian and Michael has got to be the sweetest, cutest thing alive. Emmett is the bomb and Justin is just too cute. Ted is cute in a nerdy sorta way...gotta love the Pflag mom, is she cool or what! The show is a bit much for DH's taste, but I'm glued to the teli when it's on.

User Tag List