*** Lost, season 4 *** - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1298 Old 02-04-2008, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok I love Lost and you will get sick of me in here. I dont go to the ABC message boards, so this is my place to vent about Lost.
So many questions, no answers.
I think Kate is under house arrest in the flash foward and the "he" is some person that is in charge of watching her, surely she didnt get away with all the crap she pulled before the crash....??
Also, in the flash backs, they dont look that much older than they are now, so it must be in the near future, not the distant future.
I dont know about the oceanic 6, but I am getting so confused with all these flash forwards, instead of flashbacks. UGH!
Still, there is no smoke monster, or polar bears or land monsters about, havent seen those in ages. I think LOCKE has a huge, significant meaning in all this whole story, tho what, i dont know. i also think that maybe, just maybe, sun isnt pregnant with jins child, but maybe with someone elses, on the island. (micheals) just a thought. hmm i could ramble all day about LOST i have so many theorys, but its so much fun, be bakc on here friday, after thursday episode!

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 1298 Old 02-04-2008, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane
Have we ever found out what happened to Walt and his dad? And the dog?
No, we don't know what happened to Michael and Walt yet, but I saw Vincent (the dog) near the radio tower with all the Losties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2maya View Post
If I recall correctly, Charlie doesn't know how to swim.
He swam down to the Looking Glass hatch rather brilliantly.

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#63 of 1298 Old 02-04-2008, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transitions View Post
Still, there is no smoke monster, or polar bears or land monsters about, havent seen those in ages.
Not exactly. We saw a Polar Bear at the beginning of season 3. No, actually it was just after those first six episodes aired and so it was at the beginning of the second half. And then Kate and Juliet met Smokey, too. All that happened just a few days ago in Island-time.
#64 of 1298 Old 02-04-2008, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspar View Post

for some reason at the end of last season we were convinced that it was sawyer's funeral, but now i have no idea why!
I was just thinking the same thing!

knit.gifMama to reading.gif  and  babygirl.gif
#65 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 02:05 AM

Seeing Hurley back in the mental institution reminded me - anyone else wondering if the writers are ever going to follow up on the Libby/institution connection? I hope so! I know she's dead, but I keep hoping we'll see her in some flashbacks for Hurley and get a better explanation as to what she was in for and why she pretended not to recognize Hurley on the island.

A happy woman
#66 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 04:50 AM

I was listening to a lost podcast (with jay and jack? i'm new to it) and they interviewed Jorge Garcia and he said some things that shed some light on the show. I really do not consider them spoilers, but just in case, I'm gonna try out the spoiler tags. And hope I can make them work. :Lol

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
The eye in Jacob's cabin is NOT Locke or Desmond. He said it was an actor who we do not know yet (maybe whoever is in the coffin?), but he sounded firm on the bit about it not being Locke or Desmond.

The man in Jacob's chair this time is absolutely Christian Shephard (Jack's dad). I don't think he said so EXACTLY, but he seemed sure that this time "Jacob" was played by a different actor. And the most interesting bit is that they filmed a scene with HURLEY in his hospital robes in the chair.

Lastly he said the painting he was making in the hospital scene was just his own creation he made during takes. He was aiming for something the complete opposite of the island, but hse wasn't told what to draw and it is not really an "Easter Egg"

If I think of something else I'll add it. It was a very cool interview.
#67 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Ok I love Lost and you will get sick of me in here. I dont go to the ABC message boards, so this is my place to vent about Lost.
So many questions, no answers.
I think Kate is under house arrest in the flash foward and the "he" is some person that is in charge of watching her, surely she didnt get away with all the crap she pulled before the crash....??
Also, in the flash backs, they dont look that much older than they are now, so it must be in the near future, not the distant future.
I dont know about the oceanic 6, but I am getting so confused with all these flash forwards, instead of flashbacks. UGH!
Still, there is no smoke monster, or polar bears or land monsters about, havent seen those in ages. I think LOCKE has a huge, significant meaning in all this whole story, tho what, i dont know. i also think that maybe, just maybe, sun isnt pregnant with jins child, but maybe with someone elses, on the island. (micheals) just a thought. hmm i could ramble all day about LOST i have so many theorys, but its so much fun, be bakc on here friday, after thursday episode!
I think that the ghost of Jack's Dad and the smoke monster are Jacob. In some way, strange though this might sound, I think that Jacob is the essence of the island. And Locke, with this affinity to the island, was able to hear Jacob in the cabin when Jacob said 'help me'.

I think that if I remember correctly, when Henry took Locke to the cabin there was some kind of barrier around the cabin, some kind of red substance on the ground, which Henry put down to keep Jacob in the cabin and prevent him from getting out. He's abusing Jacob for his own self interest. Hence we haven't seen the smoke monster or any 'ghosts' recently.

I can definitely see some more development between Locke and Jacob... and I think when the show is due to end, either Locke will be killed, or he will stay on the island with Jacob.

Peace
#68 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 01:02 PM

I think the 'he' Kate mentioned in the fast forward is her own son, conceived on the island. (Or should I say, "the island". ) Even if the baby is still very young, if she's breastfeeding, I can imagine her saying "he will be wondering where I am".
#69 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I think Kate is under house arrest in the flash foward and the "he" is some person that is in charge of watching her, surely she didn't get away with all the crap she pulled before the crash....??
The only person I've ever known on house arrest (which wasn't me ) was not allowed to leave. Their transmitter had a range, and if they went out of range an officer was sent looking for them. I can't imagine Kate having a personal baby sitter. My guess is either a child, or Sawyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limabean View Post
No, we don't know what happened to Michael and Walt yet, but I saw Vincent (the dog) near the radio tower with all the Losties.
Vincent has always been there. He didn't get on the boat with Walt and Michael. He stayed behind with all the other Losties. And I believe we are going to see Michael this season. I remember reading that he still has a contract for season 4, and I think Harold Perrineau is credited in the next episode. I tried to find a link but couldn't remember where I read it, but when I find it I'll like to it. I think he and Walt (along with Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sawyer) are the "Oceanic Six".

And the producers have definitely confirmed that Charlie is dead. As we saw in the premier, he is still "around" in the flash forwards/backs, but his character most definitely drowned.

Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do. Because they're FAST.
#70 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 03:57 PM

On another board someone said they blew up the badge of the man who came to visit Hurley and it was something Abadamon? I have no idea how it was spelled. But if you unscrambled the first and last name it said Bad Man on Boat.

I'm trying to think what else they saw....
#71 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr View Post
On another board someone said they blew up the badge of the man who came to visit Hurley and it was something Abadamon? I have no idea how it was spelled. But if you unscrambled the first and last name it said Bad Man on Boat.

I'm trying to think what else they saw....
Seriously who has time to sit around and do that kind of stuff? His name was Matthew Abaddon so that does not spell bad man on boat.

Anyway I got this off another board: Matthew means ''gift of the Lord.'' By contrast, there's the hellish allusion of ''Abbaddon.'' In the book of Revelation, Abaddon is ''the angel of the abyss'' and even the personification of death.
#72 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 04:36 PM

If you read Abadamon really fast it sounds like "a bad man".

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#73 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 04:39 PM

Sorry the anamgram is: What Bad Boat Men
#74 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Could she have gotten her sentence commuted to something lesser like community service and/or a fine? Or, this is a long shot, perhaps she got a pardon like a Presidential pardon.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#75 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 05:51 PM

I'll have to find it again, but person in the coffin is not a name we are familiar with.. There's a blowup of the newspaper clipping that Jack reads - Ah, here it is: http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/05/30/lo...aper-clipping/

I was thinking it could be Kate's baby? Maybe? If she is indeed pregnant. But then again, then clipping jack reads says the person was older, like 30's 40's.

It says he was survived by a teenage son... Walt?
#76 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

double post, see 2 posts below...

#77 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post
When Kate said "i have to get back to him" (i think thats what she said?? Its been awhile) i assumed she meant a husband. Jack had said something like "I saw the announcement in the paper" i assumed it was a wedding or engagement announcement...but now y'all have me thinking it was a birth or adoption announcement. Hmmmmm.
The announcement was the obituary, I believe.

Quote:
Seeing Hurley back in the mental institution reminded me - anyone else wondering if the writers are ever going to follow up on the Libby/institution connection? I hope so! I know she's dead, but I keep hoping we'll see her in some flashbacks for Hurley and get a better explanation as to what she was in for and why she pretended not to recognize Hurley on the island.
For some reason, that part of the episode TOTALLY creeped me out - seeing Libby sitting their looking so messed up. I wasn't expecting it at all. I'd love to find out why she was there!
#78 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

I can't wait till this week's episode, it's going to be awesome!

I know it was confirmed that Charlie is dead, but I hope they keep him in the show somehow! I love his character. Was anyone else a little bit misty-eyed when Hurley had to tell Claire that he was dead?

#79 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loitering View Post

For some reason, that part of the episode TOTALLY creeped me out - seeing Libby sitting their looking so messed up. I wasn't expecting it at all. I'd love to find out why she was there!
I was wondering about that too. I wonder if she was lying about being a psychologist then?

#80 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Was anyone else a little bit misty-eyed when Hurley had to tell Claire that he was dead?
I will admit it, I cried (hope nobody saw me)

Mom to DD born 1989 DS born 1993 and grandma to
DGS born 2005
#81 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 PM

Well, Im back. My theory on the coffin person, its someone we have not met yet, a character yet to be revealed..

The eye looks like the original dharma initiative guy, the asianish looking guy in the videos, to me.

I cried too, when Hurley told Claire, I was pretty pissed off charlie was killed off.:

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#82 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 11:25 PM

Actually the producers have said that the person in the coffin is someone we HAVE met. I really do think its Michael using an alias. As for wondering if Libby comes back i read somewhere that she does. That it may not have been her in the institution, maybe a twin. Hmm the twin thing keeps repeating in this show.

Becky married to Dave with our sons Davey(6), Beren(3), an Angel, and Seifer(11 m)
#83 of 1298 Old 02-05-2008, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

The eye looks like the original dharma initiative guy, the asianish looking guy in the videos, to me.
You're right, it does look like him! hmm...

Quote:
I was pretty pissed off charlie was killed off.:
I was too. I kept saying to DH, "No way! They aren't actually going to kill him off, are they??" I : him and Claire together, they are sooo sweet. I hope he can come back to her and Aaron somehow.

#84 of 1298 Old 02-06-2008, 02:23 AM

I heard the producers said it's someone we have NOT met! hmm.

Dara Mommy to Gabbie (4/05) , Zachary (6/07) , and Simon (8/10)
#85 of 1298 Old 02-06-2008, 10:12 AM

So.....what about the storylines with Aaron being somehow a "chosen child", or somehow of some significance (remember the guy in Claire's backstory that was being really insistent and creepy??), and also in Michael's backstory which implied that the reason Walt's stepfather didnt want to keep him (after raising him for like ten years as his own son) was that he seemed to think he was creepy, had special powers, "made things happen"....?? There seemed to be some suggestion that Walt even made the plane crash (unless i'm reading too much into it??). Has anything ever been mentioned about that again? Or do you think both of those possible issues seem to have been dropped....will they show up again??

Do you think Jack and Claire will ever figure out that they are half sibs?

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#86 of 1298 Old 02-06-2008, 12:58 PM

Here's my theory, the guy in the coffin is Michael. I think once they did get off the island they both, him and Walt, got aliases to make it harder to be found. The funeral home was in a predominatly black neighborhood and no one showed up and it said he was survived by a teenage son (Walt). I also think Walt was the one guy that went to see Hurley in the hospital to find out exactly what happened on the island.
#87 of 1298 Old 02-06-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr View Post
I also think Walt was the one guy that went to see Hurley in the hospital to find out exactly what happened on the island.
Do you mean the guy we actually saw (that freaked hurley out and he started yelling)...or is there another guy he mentioned showing up (but offscreen, unseen by us)...because wasnt the guy we saw older? I got the impression that this wasnt that far into the future, Walt would only be like 15 or something wouldnt he?

Of course anything is possible with Lost!

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#88 of 1298 Old 02-06-2008, 04:07 PM

I think it was the guy we saw, maybe 18-25'ish in age range. He could very easily put on a uniform pretending to be older. I think things got and stayed worse once they were off the island and his father, Michael, was never the same. I think Walt wants answers.

Time wise the guy visited Hurley, Jack visited Hurley and was happy, then skip a time period and Jack calls Kate in a panic, Jack goes to see the funeral home. Maybe this guy will go to Jack in the in between period looking for answers and get Jack riled up.
#89 of 1298 Old 02-06-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by les7699 View Post
I hope not. I so want Sayid to live.

Sayid is supposed to be one of the six, since there is a Sayid FLASH FORWARD coming up, according to the spoiler sites. Thats gonna be so good!

~Shannon~ Proud Mama of 3 girls, ages 7,4, and 2.
#90 of 1298 Old 02-06-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessasMilkMama View Post
Sayid is supposed to be one of the six, since there is a Sayid FLASH FORWARD coming up, according to the spoiler sites. Thats gonna be so good!
well I didn't see the spoiler you reference... but it is possible his
flash forward is on the island, right? in fact that would be cool

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page