*** Lost, season 4 *** - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 1298 Old 02-08-2008, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
The light blue ticket jacket - Oceanic airlines? Is he standing at an airline ticket window or terminal maybe?
Holy Crapoly!! Youre right!!!~ WOW great find! Hmmm.!

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 1298 Old 02-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i still love/hate this show.

the drama is good, the endless unanswered questions are bad.

have to admit, too, that i'm very deflated that there's no more (or very little) dominic monaghan on the show. he's really brilliant and was underutilized in the show, IMO, though the scenes with hurley were great. i'm sad to see him go.

honestly, only reason i watch the show in the first place, and so even now i wonder if i'm going to stick with it unless we get more answers.

there are hardly any answers.

i also loved "taller ghost walt" from this last episode.
#123 of 1298 Old 02-08-2008, 05:58 PM

double
#124 of 1298 Old 02-08-2008, 05:59 PM

I think the "rescuers" as I've decided to call them even though they aren't there to rescue, are dharma kids who werne't on the island when the massacre took place. This is why they have been called upon by whomever to go back to the Island to enact revenge upon Ben.

How did Ben come to have such wide spread power. Can't wait to learn more about his evolution.

How can you all be so fixed on the coffin with all these new tidbits? That's sooo last season!
#125 of 1298 Old 02-08-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmBnB View Post
That's sooo last season!
lol you're funny

Mom to DD born 1989 DS born 1993 and grandma to
DGS born 2005
#126 of 1298 Old 02-08-2008, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I find myself almost obsessively turning these things over in my head, wondering about the answers and then I realize, it is tv and what if they don't ever give us answers??? I mean, what if they never let us find any of this stuff out? I need some answers! And soon!

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#127 of 1298 Old 02-08-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrabelly View Post

Also, I'm willing to bet Ben's "man" on their boat is Michael.

Best line this episode: "Taller Ghost Walt"
OMG I didnt' even think about that. So maybe "taller ghost Walt" isn't really a ghost.
#128 of 1298 Old 02-08-2008, 08:29 PM

subbing
#129 of 1298 Old 02-08-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by les7699 View Post
OMG I didnt' even think about that. So maybe "taller ghost Walt" isn't really a ghost.
I don't know, I think the rules don't apply to Walt. He's appearred before. Of course he was more clear and less backwards than ever before this time. Still, I don't think he is on the island. There was talk before of astral projections and I think it's more likely that he is getting better at it. OR that the island (maybe the smoke monster?) used his form to speak to Locke. Although why the island/smokey would make him look older, I do not know.
#130 of 1298 Old 02-08-2008, 10:32 PM

the taller walt statement is probably to get us ready for when walt returns and is "mysteriously" taller because irl years have gone by and in lost time its only been a couple of months ...

Mom to DD born 1989 DS born 1993 and grandma to
DGS born 2005
#131 of 1298 Old 02-08-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie2 View Post
the taller walt statement is probably to get us ready for when walt returns and is "mysteriously" taller because irl years have gone by and in lost time its only been a couple of months ...
: Y'all, three years have gone by since season 1. The kid playing Walt is that much older. They'd either have to recast with another boy, or just let Walt be bigger w/o explanation. I don't think it's any mysterious Lost clue or anything like that. Did you notice last season when Walt appeared to Locke his voice had dropped?
#132 of 1298 Old 02-08-2008, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprildawn View Post
Y'all, three years have gone by since season 1. The kid playing Walt is that much older. They'd either have to recast with another boy, or just let Walt be bigger w/o explanation. I don't think it's any mysterious Lost clue or anything like that. Did you notice last season when Walt appeared to Locke his voice had dropped?
:

He obviously started to go through puberty, and unless they wanted to recast him, there's nothing they could do about the situation.

knit.gifMama to reading.gif  and  babygirl.gif
#133 of 1298 Old 02-08-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summertime Mommy View Post

If the people on the plane are part of the DA why wouldn't they know how to find the island?
Hee! Hee! Me thinks you are confusing Harry Potter(DA=Dumbledore's Army) with LOST(DI=Dharma Initiative) Must keep your fantasy worlds separated or the world will stop revolving on its axis!

Anyways, it has become clear to me that The Others are not form the Dharma Initiative. Maybe there are a few defectors from the original DI, like Ben, that participated in the Purge, but I think the group is made up of the "savage natives" that inhabited the island before the DI set-up camp. Where these "natives" came from is the question?

I still lean towards some sort of time-rift theory but it doesn't completely sit right with me.

Desert Dyeworks Hey, we like color and silk!
Check out our 10% multiple items discount!
#134 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprildawn View Post
: Y'all, three years have gone by since season 1. The kid playing Walt is that much older. They'd either have to recast with another boy, or just let Walt be bigger w/o explanation. I don't think it's any mysterious Lost clue or anything like that. Did you notice last season when Walt appeared to Locke his voice had dropped?
NO, I disagree. The powers that be SWEAR up and down that they knew how Lost would end from the very beginning - that they knew exactly what the secret(s) of the island were. If that is at all true (and I choose to believe so) then they knew exactly what they were doing casting a child and thus the line wasn't to EXPLAIN his sudden growth to the audience but is just a natural part of the story.

Also, a couple of Comic Cons ago - right before Season 3 started - dh went and videotaped it and they said that during season 3 we would DEFINITELY know that time moves differently on the island than off it. So, Walt's two (three?) year age difference as opposed to the two or so months on the island must be what they were referring to.
#135 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Hee! Hee! Me thinks you are confusing Harry Potter(DA=Dumbledore's Army) with LOST(DI=Dharma Initiative) Must keep your fantasy worlds separated or the world will stop revolving on its axis!:
laughup:
#136 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 05:01 AM

:Lost is the best show ever IMO

#137 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 05:05 AM

Remember in the first season Jack kept seeing his dad, and when he found the coffin it was empty. Whatever happened with that?
I think that bringing a dead body onto the island made it come alive again. It seems that injuries that happen off the island are cured by the island but anything that happens on island hurt you.

#138 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 05:30 AM

Why did the ghostwhisperer Miles need a vacuum to talk to the spirits? Is there some special power my Dyson vaccum has that I have yet to uncover?

Couldn't they have found a better way to say that wasn't the pilot than the missing ring? I think something like "he had only four fingers" would have worked better. A ring could always slip off or come off some other way. It's harder to grow back a missing finger, KWIM.

The picture of Ben looks dated. His clothes look like they're from the 70s. It does look like a photo from an airline terminal. It shows Ben has been off the island more than once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrabelly View Post

Also, I'm willing to bet Ben's "man" on their boat is Michael.

Best line this episode: "Taller Ghost Walt"
That's interesting. I didn't think Michael but it's a possibility.

Sawyer has the best lines. "Taller Ghost Walt" had me in stitches as well.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#139 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamom View Post
Remember in the first season Jack kept seeing his dad, and when he found the coffin it was empty. Whatever happened with that?
Whatever happened to the kids the Others took in the first season?

Where are Ben's people? The island isn't *that* big! Where are they and the missing kids?

#140 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 05:41 AM

[QUOTE=BookGoddess;10500552]Why did the ghostwhisperer Miles need a vacuum to talk to the spirits? Is there some special power my Dyson vaccum has that I have yet to uncover?
/QUOTE]
laughup

#141 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 08:44 AM

Ok Im checking back in with another agreement from someone up there..
that light not scattering right(what daniel said) is really bothering me. I think that is a MAJOR clue, but to what I do not know. I agree by that photo, it looks like Ben has been off the island, and robbed mr. furley from threes company of a suit!

I want to know if Kate is pregnant. There is a lot of speculation that she is, because the others places that stake beside her tent for a *pregnant* possibility. And if she is, whose is it?

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#142 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookGoddess View Post

The picture of Ben looks dated. His clothes look like they're from the 70s. It does look like a photo from an airline terminal. It shows Ben has been off the island more than once.
or there used to be an airline terminal on the island

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#143 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 01:01 PM

Just thought of something...maybe already mentioned. Benjamin in the Bible is child of my sorrows from Rachel -- Jacob and Rachel's son...and she died during child birth. Has that already been mentioned? Is Jacob his real father?
#144 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 01:08 PM

I think the vacuum might just be to hide what he says to the spirits and to put on a good show. I mean, who really packs a portable vacuum in a briefcase?
#145 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transitions View Post
I agree by that photo, it looks like Ben has been off the island, and robbed mr. furley from threes company of a suit!
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
or there used to be an airline terminal on the island
Anything is possible on this series!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama View Post
Just thought of something...maybe already mentioned. Benjamin in the Bible is child of my sorrows from Rachel -- Jacob and Rachel's son...and she died during child birth. Has that already been mentioned? Is Jacob his real father?
Hmmmm...interesting. Ben's mother was dead before Ben and his father came to the island. She died in childbirth after going into early labor.

#146 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookGoddess View Post
:

Anything is possible on this series!

Hmmmm...interesting. Ben's mother was dead before Ben and his father came to the island. She died in childbirth after going into early labor.
I know Ben's mother died during childbirth and he and his father came to the island...I just can't believe that it is a coincidence that there is an elusive "Jacob" on the island with the Biblical connection.
#147 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transitions View Post
I want to know if Kate is pregnant. There is a lot of speculation that she is, because the others places that stake beside her tent for a *pregnant* possibility. And if she is, whose is it?
the only man she's had sex with on the island is Sawyer and he, Jack, Juliet, and Ben are the only ones that know that she could possibly be.
I thought that was the purpose of Ben putting Sawyer and Kate in seperate cages across from each other and a way for Kate to escape...so that it would led to their procreation
#148 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama View Post
oooh, I never thought of that! Interesting...

knit.gifMama to reading.gif  and  babygirl.gif
#149 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 10:16 PM

For the record, I want to add that I think these people were all supposed to be on Oceanic 815 when it crashed, and the island is finally bringing them all there to ... okay, I don't have any idea why.
#150 of 1298 Old 02-09-2008, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My husband and I were talking about the possibility of the people from the boat (and the man that visits Hurley in the hospital) are not from the Dharma Initiative, but from a rival company. Ben says that they'll kill everyone on the island, including the survivors of the plane crash, which makes me think that they want to wipe everything out and start fresh with their own experiments on the island. That would also be why they set up a fake plane. It just seems weird to me that the DI would want to kill everyone, not just those who killed the original DI people.

Maybe they want Ben because they know he was with the DI and has more info than the 'natives' who were fighting the DI.

Otherwise, if they were with the DI, wouldn't they have ways of reaching the island?

Just a thought.

-Rachel
Mommy to Colwyn, 10/03 ~ Lachlann, 8/05 ~ Fiona, 6/08 ~ Niall, 5/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page