Brothers and Sisters - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 05-05-2008, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just watched the lastest episode online. I cried when Kevin asked Scotty to marry him!

Anyone else really enjoy this show?

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 30 Old 05-05-2008, 10:10 PM

Yep!

I really like this show & am really looking forward to the season finale... can't wait to see what happens...
#3 of 30 Old 05-06-2008, 01:26 AM

Love this show!
#4 of 30 Old 05-12-2008, 08:58 AM

Can someone please tell me what was said in the last 10 minutes of the show? My DVR was out of whack. It was playing in fast forward.

What I missed was what Kevin and Sarah told their mom and what happened with Rebecca and Justin.

Thanks.
#5 of 30 Old 05-12-2008, 10:04 AM

Yeah, our station blacked out in the last 5 minutes!!!!
#6 of 30 Old 05-12-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
What I missed was what Kevin and Sarah told their mom and what happened with Rebecca and Justin.
They didn't have sound when Kevin & Sarah were telling Nora, however it was about Ryan.

Rebecca talked to Justin about how she found this family, then isn't part of the family, but even though she's not blood related the family still wants her in the family. She went on about how maybe this was supposed to happen so she'd meet Justin who has always been there for her, when she needs to talk he's the one she wants to talk to. He said the same thing about her being the person he wants to talk to. Then they kissed.
#7 of 30 Old 05-12-2008, 11:53 AM

Now did they have the "ew, I still feel like we are related kind of kiss" or not?
#8 of 30 Old 05-12-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canteloupe View Post
Now did they have the "ew, I still feel like we are related kind of kiss" or not?
That's what I'm wondering. It was hard to tell by their reactions.
#9 of 30 Old 05-12-2008, 07:27 PM

I don't think it was that kind of kiss. After Rebecca said she didn't know what they were supposed to do now(and Justin agreed) but it was in that new love/awkward tone not a you were just my brother tone.
#10 of 30 Old 05-13-2008, 02:43 AM

the last two seasons.Very well written...great characters!!

I loved the wedding and saul coming out to the kids when he thought they were talking about him...

I really want to see more of sally fields(nora) with her boyfriend....her character was really growing nicely.
#11 of 30 Old 05-13-2008, 09:51 PM

I have watched since day one. I LOVE the show. I want to be a Walker
#12 of 30 Old 05-14-2008, 11:08 PM

i'm glad this thread is up... this is my other guilty pleasure next to Grey's...

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#13 of 30 Old 05-15-2008, 01:05 AM
jkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuasMommy View Post
I have watched since day one. I LOVE the show. I want to be a Walker
Oh my goodness, I feel like I AM a Walker, that show is SO my family! In fact just last week we had another family "misunderstanding" and I found myself thinking, "how would the Walkers resolve this?"
#14 of 30 Old 05-15-2008, 09:24 PM

how many kids in your family jkg?

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#15 of 30 Old 05-16-2008, 09:14 AM
jkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmainer View Post
how many kids in your family jkg?
Only four kids, 3 brothers and me...but one of my brothers is very gossip-y like Kevin, one is very practical like Tommy, and the youngest is 22 and kind of brings us all together, kind of like Justin. Our Mom is very Nora-esque. We have a great time when we're together (except for when we're arguing), and thankfully we all live within a couple miles of each other. My Mom doesn't watch Brothers & Sisters, but her sisters are always calling her to tell her about how something Nora said sounded just like her.
#16 of 30 Old 05-18-2008, 08:55 AM

that's awesome...

i always wanted a big family for all of those kinds of fun dynamics, but alas, my patience (and my husband) are running out at 2!

is the season over? i figured, leaving us with the new brother cliff hanger...

#17 of 30 Old 05-18-2008, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I come from a family of 8 kids, and they definitely nailed the "big family" dynamic. We're nothing like the Walkers as far as money, professional jobs, etc (and my sisters and i can only WISH for a gay brother! ) but there was a scene where one sib called another one, then a third was on another line, and one clicked over and spilled the big secret, only she *didnt* click over and the first sib knew she totally betrayed him. And yet he somehow expected it. This is SOOOO my family....we call it the family hotline. There are no secrets here!

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#18 of 30 Old 05-18-2008, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

There were just three of us kids in my family, but my aunt had eight kids (and the youngest is my best friend) so I'm familiar with the dynamic of large families. I wish my brothers and I were closer, even if it meant sibling squables and no secrets.

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#19 of 30 Old 09-28-2008, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Season premier tonight!!!!

#20 of 30 Old 09-29-2008, 06:03 AM
Banned

it was good.
#21 of 30 Old 09-29-2008, 09:47 AM

Oh, please tell me they'll make up!
#22 of 30 Old 09-29-2008, 03:06 PM

Kevin's face when that whale got broken was priceless...what did he say, something like "I'm inconsolable"...LOL...and making them drink outside. My sister was like "That would totally be me, putting up the breakables so you guys wouldnt hurt anything!!"

We were also wondering why young adults on tv shows get the most fabulous huge apartments when they apparently dont even have a great job...?! And i've never rented anywhere where the landlord was ok with painting my place a hideous shade of bright blue!

really funny episode.

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#23 of 30 Old 10-09-2008, 02:16 AM

just saying I love this show too....kinda feel outta the swing of it though, hoping to get back in! :
#24 of 30 Old 10-14-2008, 10:34 AM

I absolutely love this show! Does anyone else dream of being Nora? Not a chance I'm having 5 kids, but I can still dream.

mama to   broc1.gif DS 6/06 and banana.gif DS 4/08
#25 of 30 Old 12-08-2008, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

The latest episode was heartbreaking.

#26 of 30 Old 12-09-2008, 11:05 PM

I cried too. I just love this show and the family cracks me up. It looked like next week Kevin tries to get involved in Elizabeth's life?
#27 of 30 Old 12-09-2008, 11:29 PM

Can anyone give me the details on how it came to be that Kevin is the father? I didn't watch from the very beginning, so I was surprised to hear all of that. I get that there was donation involved, but was it just because Tommy couldn't be a father and they wanted it to be a family donor? For some reason I thought that she was pregnant because of an affair.
#28 of 30 Old 12-09-2008, 11:29 PM

knowing the father is going to cause alot of problems between Tommy, Kevin, Kevin's dh & Justin.
#29 of 30 Old 12-10-2008, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama View Post
Can anyone give me the details on how it came to be that Kevin is the father? I didn't watch from the very beginning, so I was surprised to hear all of that. I get that there was donation involved, but was it just because Tommy couldn't be a father and they wanted it to be a family donor? For some reason I thought that she was pregnant because of an affair.
I think that was it, though i am having a hard time remembering the details...tommy couldnt be the bio father, so they mixed the other two brothers' sperm so they wouldnt know which one was the genetic father. The wife DID have an affair, but that was much later, after the baby was born when she left to stay with her parents....and tommy had an affair with the office girl who is no longer on the show.

Katherine

#30 of 30 Old 12-10-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
tommy couldnt be the bio father, so they mixed the other two brothers' sperm so they wouldnt know which one was the genetic father. The wife DID have an affair, but that was much later, after the baby was born when she left to stay with her parents....and tommy had an affair with the office girl who is no longer on the show.
yup. I don't think they mixed the sperm, but implanted different fertilized eggs. I don't think his wife had an affair though, I thought it was just Tommy who did.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page