Worst baby story EVER - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-29-2008, 12:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The only good thing about Birth Day...the first time I watched the show, I saw *exactly* what an epidural is. When I told my husband "they put a needle IN YOUR BACK...and they leave it there!!" we both shuddered, and started reading everything we could about natural child birth.

To me, every episode of Baby Story is the same: some woman who thinks it's totally alright to force her husband to drive thru CrapDonald's at 10 pm for a SuperSized chocolate shake and a burger. Nice way to grow a baby. Then it's off to the hospital, where she's not allowed to eat anything & all she wants is a shake...and a c-section.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2008, 12:10 AM

I have seen maybe 20 episodes of this show and I have never seen one where the birth that wasn't by c-section.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymw View Post
So they do this procedure to put water back INto her uterus (saline? Whatever...).
I had to have that. Hurt worse than the f'ing contractions, no lie!!

Anyway.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDS View Post
WHAT??? Why are doctors so ridiculously lazy and uncaring??? And why do mothers just go along blindly???

The basics sounds similar to my DS's birth, but I wasn't playing the doctor game. I went 10 days over-due (even though they talked about inducing every.single.day.), pushed for nearly 3 hours AND DS was almost 10 lbs. With DD (who was 8 lbs.) they told me, "Oh, thank God she wasn't bigger, you could never deliver anything larger!" Wanna bet?

To be fair, though, I was an 8-9 when I got to the hospital and delivered in DH's t-shirt.

Side note - when my SIL had my nephew, 26 other mothers delivered the same night and she was the only non-Cesarean. Can you believe that?
1. Why mothers go along blindly that's what i want to know too dammit. I did sooooooooo much research when i was pregnant that i knew damn well what was BS and what i needed and didn't need. I was fully prepared to stand my ground when i went into labor.

2. HA! good for you

3. 26 C sections..... and yet people are "afraid" of homebirths.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:29 AM

Thank you all for the warning! A show my husband shouldn't let me watch!

My husband was a pit-baby. And EVERY TIME I meet a woman who is thinking of being induced, I go into my rant about Pit and what it did to my husband. My sweet, sweet husband.

Just makes me mad!

I've not had a baby (yet), TTC 4 years...BUT, whenever I mention that I want to have babies at home, people look at me and say, "You are MUCH too small to give birth naturally." Like it's THEIR business! : (I am 4'10".)

Mrs Bernstein
Old 05-29-2008, 08:56 AM

i have had 3 Pitocin labours and they all sucked. the last most of all. 12 hours of sheer agony and a epi i swear i was 4 hours away form a c-setion i am so so so glad i went from 3cm to baby in just under an hour )was 3cm when epi was placed at 10.40, babe was born at 11.34)
never never never never nver again will i allow a pit inuction.

as for "big" baby gosh my first was 8lb 4oz and i did that on gas and air (was induction)
i am still not over DD2's labour. infact im getting more upset about it now 8 months later than i was at the time.

as for a baby story i used to watch that when i had sky and liked it. then i wised up they are all the same. and i hate them all so i dont watch. UK birth is the same but different at the same time. i once tol DH if anyone started counting to 10 as i was pushing would get a punch in the face.

Kiz
Old 05-29-2008, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Maybe I'm lucky that I am missing them! What about the 'bringing home baby?' is that one any better?

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

Old 05-29-2008, 04:55 PM

Ugh, I hate when doctors induce or c-section because of a "big" baby or fear that the baby will get too big. To each his own I suppose, but I feel that the doctors just don't educate women and women don't want to educate themselves unfortunately. I had DD, 9lbs 5oz vaginally, midwives had no idea she was that large. Took 3hrs of pushing and unfortunately an epi at 6cms but it was done ! They threatened c section after 2 hrs of pushing but hey, I didn't work my a*s off for 2 hours for nothing!! I hope next time that I can go natural, that epi wipes you out the whole day after giving birth. Blah.

wave.gifMommy to Lacie (4yrs), Brighton (3 yrs), and Maggie (3mos). heartbeat.gif

Old 05-29-2008, 05:19 PM

I honestly have had to stop watching those shows all together. It just gets me all worked up and hopping mad!
Old 05-29-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
BUT, whenever I mention that I want to have babies at home, people look at me and say, "You are MUCH too small to give birth naturally." Like it's THEIR business! (I am 4'10".)
That irritates me, too! I've been told the same thing my whole life! (I'm 5'0")

My niece is 4'10" and she had a vaginal delivery. She actually asked for a C-section . Her doctor talked her out of it and she was glad in the end. She did the epi, though. To me, the epi is waaaaaaaay more scary than childbirth.

I'm not pregnant, but I'm trying to be and my OB has already mentioned C-section to me (because of some problems I have) and it just freaks.me.out.

But, back to Baby Story....I have never been able to watch a full episode. I would get angry, but then I started fearing being brainwashed. : We no longer get that channel, so it's out of my life.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:54 AM

So just now i was flipping through channels and landed on something called "14 Children and Pregnant..."

The woman was pregnant and the baby was transverse so they were about to do a C Section. Then the narrater says, "She has 14 children and incredibly this is only her second C Section..."

OH WELL imagine that!
Old 05-30-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepNumber97245 View Post
So just now i was flipping through channels and landed on something called "14 Children and Pregnant..."

The woman was pregnant and the baby was transverse so they were about to do a C Section. Then the narrater says, "She has 14 children and incredibly this is only her second C Section..."

OH WELL imagine that!
She had to switch to a different provider to have a VBAC for her 16th baby, because her old doctor just wanted to section her because of her two previous c/s. She's now pregnant w/ baby #18

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
Old 05-30-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
She had to switch to a different provider to have a VBAC for her 16th baby, because her old doctor just wanted to section her because of her two previous c/s. She's now pregnant w/ baby #18
well cool. good for her! 18 babies, wow. She's like...a professional baby grower.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriket View Post
Maybe I'm lucky that I am missing them! What about the 'bringing home baby?' is that one any better?
No, a lot of "I couldn't breastfeed because of" Insert: jaundice, breasts hurting, breasts not producing (but their breasts are hurting at the same time), wouldn't latch on, was "born to take a bottle" or any of the other excuses they come up with. It's a VERY rare episode to see a woman breastfeeding when they get home, let alone at the update 8-12 weeks later.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:45 PM

What really drives me crazy about that show is the .."my milk hasn't come in so we are giving him/her a bottle until it does...I'll nurse when the milk comes in.."

Makes me want to yell at the TV.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:35 PM

The other day was bad.
"I am being induced because I am 40 weeks today."
"The Dr. says the baby is ready, so what is the point in waiting?"

She really wanted a natural birth too
Of course labor stalled, and she had a csection
She even asked the Dr before that "What about if I get the epidural? Can I try with that and see if I progress?"
Of course the Dr. says no. Hes already had it, waiting around the hospital.

I did see a nice "Adoption Story" today where the birth mom had a homebirth. It was very emotional, though, being that she gave the baby up.

~Shannon~ Proud Mama of 3 girls, ages 7,4, and 2.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:37 PM

oh yeah and this other one
The info said "A mom is afraid she will have another bad reaction to anesthesia for her second birth" - she was allergic to it the first time. God forbid she try and avoid that stuff the second time and VBAC. Of course a repeat Csection is so much safer @@@@@@@@

~Shannon~ Proud Mama of 3 girls, ages 7,4, and 2.

User Tag List