Big Brother 10 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 155 Old 08-28-2008, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sooo...who is on the "Dan is a plant" bandwagon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 155 Old 08-28-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
but i *think* he wanted Keisha and Renny to see that the others were after them, and that Memphis wasnt a threat....and also of course to get the focus off of him.
That makes sense, except he didn't take the focus off of himself. If he would have just sprung it at the pov meeting it might have, but he told them who to say
#123 of 155 Old 08-28-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post
Renny "doesnt trust" Memphis. Well, duh. Really...should you trust ANYONE in this house??

I was reading the cast bios at cbs.com...and was surprised to see that all of the women in the house (besides renny) are about 30 yrs old...most of them seem so much younger...i would have thought april and keisha were both like 23. But, nope.

Another thing...from the way Jerry talks about the Marines, all that gear he has, how he so much identifies with being "A Marine"....i thought he actually had a CAREER in the Marines....but, nope! He was in for four years during the Korean War. Yeah...so was my dad. In fact, i'd say lots and lots...most...guys around 75 years old are veterans. But my dad never went around talking about how he was a Marine (fifty years later), it was just part of his duty to his country years ago.

I'm not saying Jerry shouldnt be proud...i just think its strange. He was in the military in 1950, for four years, and then went on to have a whole career doing something else (they gave details on the website)....i could see someone like my brother, who spent 20 years rising through the ranks as a Marine, really identifying with it. But i dont really get Jerry's deal.

Oh, and on the site they said Jerry is a superfan, has watched all seasons of BB, BB after dark, the online feeds, etc.....so you'd think he'd be playing a better game. But again....nope!

Katherine
All of this is weird about Jerry. I also assumed he had a career in the marines. I think that could almost be offensive to someone who has dedicated their lives to it, or have made a career out of it.

I am shocked that on every season there is at least one person who gets all up in arms about people lying and going against their word. Uh....it's big brother, isn't that kind of in the game description?

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#124 of 155 Old 08-28-2008, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
That makes sense, except he didn't take the focus off of himself. If he would have just sprung it at the pov meeting it might have, but he told them who to say
He didnt really tell them who to say, though...didnt Ollie want Renny out? He wanted Dan to put Renny up (that was his choice)? (unless i misunderstood?)...so, Dan said he would only put Renny up, if Ollie actually says her name. So Ollie reluctantly agreed, thinking Renny would be going home anyway. And Michelle said she wanted Keisha out herself, Dan didnt tell her to choose Keisha....but he did say she had to say it at the veto mtg. The only people he "told" to say who they wanted, was Keisha and Renny...and even then, he didnt really. He asked Keisha "who do you want out?" and she said Michelle....and Renny didnt want to say Ollie (because he wasnt even on her target list), but when dan said "if he says he wants you out, will you say his name?" and she said of course if he says her name, she'll say his. But him saying her name was really Ollie's intention, right? I mean, he DID want her out?? I think??

so, i think it was a little contrived what dan did, but the actual emotion behind it...those people really DO want out the people whom they called out.

All very confusing.....off to watch it again....

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#125 of 155 Old 08-29-2008, 02:31 AM

ok, i guess i was wrong in saying ollie wanted renny out...i rewatched that part of the episode, and ollie did want keisha out, and dan basically made him say "renny"....which may come back to haunt dan...i can see ollie now, getting cozy with renny (who is just looking for a reason to not like dan, i think), telling her that dan made him say it, but he didnt want to....i think if renny figures out that dan is tighter with Memphis than with keisha and her, dan might be in trouble.

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#126 of 155 Old 08-29-2008, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katheek77 View Post
Sooo...who is on the "Dan is a plant" bandwagon?
planted by...cbs?

i think he's just a real smart player. finally.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if they would have a season where ALL the players are that smart...remember...oh gosh, what was his name...was it james?? The guy that they could not get out, cuz he kept winning POV after POV, and then i think he came back for an all stars season (i think???)...he was supersmart too. And i think the guy who went first this season had the potential for being good too (brian?? who can remember, its been so long!) but he played his hand too early. I'd love to watch a season where every single person was on their game every second of the day....THAT would be interesting.

Oh, and i think that a requirement of the show should be that you are not allowed to get mad when someone lies. You are not allowed to take it personally or consider it a true reflection of their morals outside of the house!

I loved how a few episodes back, every time Dan would have to show his chalkboard during a competion, he'd have a little mitten on there....go Michigan! (any other michiganders notice??)

Katherine

#127 of 155 Old 08-29-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Oh, and i think that a requirement of the show should be that you are not allowed to get mad when someone lies. You are not allowed to take it personally or consider it a true reflection of their morals outside of the house!
I know! Why are they always surprised when someone lies?

Last night's episode was great. Jerry sure started trying to work them the second Ollie walked out the door. I'm sure Jerry's the next target unless he wins HOH, but who else would go up with him?
#128 of 155 Old 08-29-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyantavid View Post
I know! Why are they always surprised when someone lies?

Last night's episode was great. Jerry sure started trying to work them the second Ollie walked out the door. I'm sure Jerry's the next target unless he wins HOH, but who else would go up with him?
I think it's going to depend on who wins it. If Renny wins, it will be Jerry and Memphis. If Dan wins, it will be Jerry and Renny probably. If Keisha wins, it will probably be Jerry and Dan, and if Memphis wins, Renny and Jerry. That is what I am assuming, but at this point in the game anything can happen.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#129 of 155 Old 08-29-2008, 01:36 PM

ok WHY was football on all last night, and not BB where i live??? I thought maybe that was a national thing...but i guess not?!?!

At least i have 'on demand' ....off to watch!!!

Katherine

#130 of 155 Old 09-10-2008, 09:43 PM

I'm just bumping this thread because it hasn't had much action lately.

I am still really gunning for Dan. He has now really stepped it into high gear. I think he has the best chance at winning. He is winning comps, and he is also playing the game with the other house guests. I can't wait for the finally!!!

#131 of 155 Old 09-10-2008, 09:50 PM

I haven't been watching because I've been really busy, but I do check in online every couple of days or so. I really want Dan to win!
#132 of 155 Old 09-10-2008, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

I am still watching and I hope Dan does win. I was sad to see Renny leave.

Kim, proud CPS mom to Marnie and my 4 legged kids, Jess, Zander, Oliver, Stumpy and Eddie.
#133 of 155 Old 09-10-2008, 11:24 PM

I think that Dan is one of the best players in BB history. He is playing this game soooo smart. The way he got Keisha on his side, brilliant. He's true to his alliance, but always keeps his eye on the final prize. Going on the trip with Michelle, so smart...and then telling Keisha about it so that she wouldnt feel like he lied when she got to the house. I'm so rooting for him.

Katherine

#134 of 155 Old 09-11-2008, 11:27 AM

I missed where Dan told Keesha about the trip. That was a good idea for him.

Dan's done really well I think. And I think he probably will get more votes than Memphis. I felt bad for Keesha though.

Can't wait to see who ends up winning HOH tonight!
#135 of 155 Old 09-11-2008, 12:41 PM

He told her as she was walking out of the house.
#136 of 155 Old 09-12-2008, 11:43 AM

So any guesses as to how the jury will vote?

I'm really hoping its Dan. I've liked Memphis all along but I think Dan just played a great game and deserves to win. I don't think Memphis would still be there if he hadn't aligned with Dan.
#137 of 155 Old 09-12-2008, 01:32 PM

I think it'll be Dan too. Memphis has floated along in the game. he was a target for a while, but Dan seemed to be a bigger target for more of the jury members.
#138 of 155 Old 09-12-2008, 02:03 PM

It'll be Dan. In the end, i think most of the jury members will set aside any personal issues and vote based on gameplay. memphis would NEVER have gotten this far w/o Dan. I think whomever Dan wanted in the final would have made it that far. I dont think Memphis realizes that he (memphis) is the one to go against if the other person wants to win. What did memphis do exactly? Then...he pissed alot of people off at the end. Plus, he won that car, and the jury doesnt know about the 10K that Dan won (from being america's player)..dan can easily play that up, 50K plus an expensive car is not a bad deal. The only votes i'm worried about are Ollie's and April's....Ollie has a reason to be pissed at Dan, so i wouldnt blame him for giving Memphis his vote. I think Michelle will get over being pissed in the interest of rewarding the best player. Renny is a no brainer...she'll definitely vote for Dan, and i think Keisha will as well. Its hard for me to remember who Libra was aligned with, it was so long ago...but i think she'll stick with Dan.

Jerry is the wild card...i'm not sure who he'll vote for...but if he is as much of a "true fan" of BB as he claims (watching all ten seasons, after dark, online feeds, etc), he'll vote for the best player....and that is clearly DAN!

Katherine

#139 of 155 Old 09-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Banned

i have watched EVERY SEASON of bb until now i watched the first show well a piece of it a clip of another earlier show and just did not care do you guys think the show is getting old yet? Ive lost my intrest. maybe it was just because the last season was not too long ago.
#140 of 155 Old 09-12-2008, 03:59 PM

I actually enjoyed this season more than last, because there was alot less sex and shenanigans, and other than april/ollie everyone pretty much behaved themselves (the open sex and nastiness last time really grossed me out...ugh...dont these people know the world is watching??)...and they focused on game play. It did take me awhile to get started though, because i was a little BB'd out!

I could have lived without seeing Jerry in his tighty whities though last night.

Katherine

#141 of 155 Old 09-12-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I could have lived without seeing Jerry in his tighty whities though last night.
Oh I know! And he was saying his hoh comp was embarassing!
#142 of 155 Old 09-12-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyantavid View Post
Oh I know! And he was saying his hoh comp was embarassing!

That was seriously hilarious. He kept pausing too, like what was he doing?
#143 of 155 Old 09-13-2008, 01:23 AM

Love this. Dan should win. Great game play. Cute, too.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#144 of 155 Old 09-13-2008, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain Interior View Post
That was seriously hilarious. He kept pausing too, like what was he doing?
LMAO!!! That was too funny. He was just...like...standing there with his pants around his ankles saying, "Oh, wow, that was SOOOO embarrassing!!" Hahahahahaha.....uh....Jerry, you ARE being filmed!!!

#145 of 155 Old 09-13-2008, 03:26 PM

Can anyone help me out with this? In the middle of the season, my viewing was only spotty. I know Dan was America's Player for a bit. When did it start, when did it end, and WHY did it end? It seems like having it only for a bit is so strange.

And yes, I agree he is a total game player. Wowzers!

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#146 of 155 Old 09-13-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
Can anyone help me out with this? In the middle of the season, my viewing was only spotty. I know Dan was America's Player for a bit. When did it start, when did it end, and WHY did it end? It seems like having it only for a bit is so strange.

And yes, I agree he is a total game player. Wowzers!

megin
America got to vote on who they wanted to be their player, and that person got to choose to accept or not...and it was only for a week. And if they completed their mission, they would get 10K.

The reason it was only a week, was that last time, being "America's Player" screwed Eric's game completely.

Katherine

#147 of 155 Old 09-13-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post
America got to vote on who they wanted to be their player, and that person got to choose to accept or not...and it was only for a week. And if they completed their mission, they would get 10K.

The reason it was only a week, was that last time, being "America's Player" screwed Eric's game completely.

Katherine
I feel bad for Dan too because his "Judas" thing started because of the America's Player thing, he had to lie to continue being AP.
#148 of 155 Old 09-14-2008, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

OMG..... Renny doing the immitations of the others in the house was hilarious!!! I hope someone puts it on Youtube!!

Kim, proud CPS mom to Marnie and my 4 legged kids, Jess, Zander, Oliver, Stumpy and Eddie.
#149 of 155 Old 09-15-2008, 07:59 AM

Who do you think will win the $25K for "America's Vote"? I'm hoping Renny...though i wonder if it will be Jerry, based on him getting that phone call from home.

Katherine

#150 of 155 Old 09-15-2008, 01:27 PM

I want Jerry to get it. Renny doesn't really seem like she's hurting for cash. Jerry has a sick wife, and his underwear have seen better days. I think he needs the cash more. I know that's not how people vote, but Jerry had me in tears with his "Last Hurrah" stuff.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page