The Secret Life of An American Teenager - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 263 Old 08-13-2009, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico'sAlice View Post
Maybe it's because Ben started talking to her. Asking for her advice about Italy before he'd told Amy about it.
I bet that has a lot to do with it.

Or, Did you see the preview for next week after the show? They make it seem like Amy and Ricky might consider having a relationship. Maybe what her parents are doing is making her think that they should? And Ricky says something like, is there a chance of us having a relationship? (Although he totally could be talking to adrian...they are bad about making the previews seem like one thing but then be another) Maybe over the summer her and Ricky talked and she's got a few hidden feelings, maybe it's some jealousy or something.

Julie, wife and mother. I love my little ones: DS ::Corbin Randall---6/06 and DD :Morgan Reese 12/08.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 263 Old 08-13-2009, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
You're right- it's probably the "Ben talking to Adrienne before he told Amy" that's gotten Amy so pissy. I'd forgotten about that. Ben should have asked that Asian girl (who's dating the Asian guy and who was friends with Ben before he even met Amy- why can't I remember the character's name?) or his Dad, or Ricky- or really, anybody other than Adrienne!

Ricky and Amy will NOT get together. I think they showed Ricky talking to Adrienne and then cut to a scene of Amy on the phone with somebody else.

I wonder how Anne will react when George announces that he sold the house. I wonder if he'll be living in the garage again?

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
#243 of 263 Old 08-15-2009, 11:02 AM

Subbing so I can come back and read and post when I get a moment of silence.

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#244 of 263 Old 08-17-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla View Post

Ricky and Amy will NOT get together. I think they showed Ricky talking to Adrienne and then cut to a scene of Amy on the phone with somebody else.

I wonder how Anne will react when George announces that he sold the house. I wonder if he'll be living in the garage again?
Amy's relationships are strange to say the least!

The second part- It wouldn't surprise me!
#245 of 263 Old 08-17-2009, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Ben should have asked that Asian girl (who's dating the Asian guy and who was friends with Ben before he even met Amy- why can't I remember the character's name?)
Alice & Henry
#246 of 263 Old 08-17-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico'sAlice View Post
Alice & Henry
Thank you!

It was so sweet in today's episode the way Anne and George's "dates" were with one another. I thought at first that Anne was going to date the coach!

I do not like the way Amy and Adrienne aren't getting along. It's the kind of stupid un-necessary drama that too many TV shows resort to when they run out of good plot ideas. I really think they could have found more "good stuff" to put into the show without resorting to that. Maybe show some more plot twists with Ashley and her new friends?

I'd like some predictions here:

Do you think the series will span the full 30 days until Adrienne's family moves in, or will that be next season?

Will Anne give birth this season or next? All they're saying is that she's "in her third trimester" which could mean she's got 2 or 3 months to go- and they might save that for next season. What do you think?

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
#247 of 263 Old 08-18-2009, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
shame on ben and jack! great, so none of the characters can be faithful...grrr

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#248 of 263 Old 08-18-2009, 05:14 PM

Grace and Amy are faithful. Nothing like a good old double standard.

#249 of 263 Old 08-20-2009, 07:28 PM

I don't like that Grace is learning so young to just put up with unfaithfulness. This is the second time that Jack has cheated on her because he didn't get what he wanted. She should break up with him and be completely done. He is scum.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#250 of 263 Old 08-20-2009, 10:29 PM

I agree. I think Grace needs to just be single for a while.

I anyway think it's healthier not to date in high school- too much "game playing" involved. I think it's better to wait until you're an adult and marriage is a real possibility before getting involved with anybody seriously. ESPECIALLY if you're planning to wait until marriage to have sex- why temp yourself like that? Why date when it will be years before you can get married?

#251 of 263 Old 08-21-2009, 07:47 PM

Im very surprised at Bens dad and Betty telling him to lie to Amy about cheating on her. That is very out of character for them. The truth always comes out. If he did something, which it is starting to seem like he did, he needs to be honest with Amy. Ugh. Thats really irritating me.
#252 of 263 Old 08-21-2009, 08:56 PM

It bothered me too.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#253 of 263 Old 08-25-2009, 04:22 PM

so what did we think of last nights episode?

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#254 of 263 Old 08-25-2009, 04:38 PM

I could not stop rolling my eyes. Is it just me or is this show getting even more ridiculous than it was to begin with!?! I fell asleep before the end, I have to go back and watch it tonight. (It's on the DVR.) I don't know why I keep watching, but I can't seem to stop.

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#255 of 263 Old 08-25-2009, 04:46 PM

I'm still not sure that Ben cheated on Amy. What his dad and Betty were saying, basically, is "if you cheated on her, don't tell her." It's not entirely clear if he did or if he didn't, but it does seem like that's all behind them now. I mean, it COULD pop up at a later point, but it might not.

I think Brian (is that the name of the guy who asked Ashely out) is gay. I think the whole "kiss me so my mom doesn't think I'm gay" was because he really WAS gay and didn't want his mom to know. I also suspect that Griffin knows this, and that's why he was SO defensive when he wanted to date Ashley. Griffin doesn't want Ashley getting hurt.

What is it with Ashley's wardrobe? Last year she was all goth and loose fitting clothes, now she's showing off her boobs all the time?

George is being an : again. How can he DEMAND that his daughters cancell their plans when Anne didn't even request that, ignore Anne's request for a nurse, not a dog, and then demand respect from his kids when he doesn't treat anybody else with respect? The whole monologue he gave to Amy, I really felt like somebody (Amy? Anne?) should have been saying to HIM.

What do you guys think of Heather? I thought we had enough of the pregnant teenaged characters, but maybe this will work out well. If nothing else, it shows Amy how good she really has it. Maybe Amy will become less of a spoiled brat after getting to know Heather better? I also forgive her completly for hitting on Ben. I think she was lonely and scared and didn't know any other way to relate to people other than through sex. So she came onto Ben when what she really needed was a friend like Amy. I don't think she'll hit on Ben again, now that she's found the companionship she really needs.

I want to see Adrienne find a new love and dump Ricky.

#256 of 263 Old 08-25-2009, 04:59 PM

I loved the Heather scenario. Amy really needed to see how much support she has had.

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
Mark Twain
#257 of 263 Old 09-03-2009, 02:10 AM

I'm watching Monday's episode now on the abcfamily website. That scene between Adrianne and Ricky seemed just like out of a soap opera didn't it?

Julie, wife and mother. I love my little ones: DS ::Corbin Randall---6/06 and DD :Morgan Reese 12/08.
#258 of 263 Old 09-03-2009, 07:08 PM

And this show differs from a soap opera? How exactly?

I'm glad that Heather isn't a main character. I think we did enough of the "pregnant teenaged angst" last season. It's good to see another side of the issue (what happens without support) but I'm glad they're not rehashing the entire scenario. It would be nice if Amy is with Heather when Heather gives birth, and they show her relinquishing the baby, but I hope they don't have TOO MUCH with Heather before then.

I'm surprised they've never shown Amy at work or any of the cute kids she works with. I wonder how she interacts with them. She's so bitchy with kids her own age; I hope she's nicer to the daycare kids than that!

#259 of 263 Old 09-03-2009, 10:38 PM

There's something about soap operas...either how their acted or how they're filmed that makes them a little different than even the teen angst-filled dramas they show on abcfamily and stuff. I can't quite put my finger on what it is though!

I wonder what's gonna happen next!

#260 of 263 Old 09-04-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemmind View Post
I wonder what's gonna happen next!
Anne is going to give birth. I predict that next season, Heather will give birth. Ben, Ricky, Jack, Griffin, the Coach, George, the dog, and the SUV will not give birth.

#261 of 263 Old 09-07-2009, 11:18 PM

I am so proud of Grace! IMO, not having a relationship is the only way to remain both abstinant and sane.

I think it would be nice if Ben goes to break up with Amy at the same time that Amy goes to break up with him- if they're both simply ready to move on.

I'm glad Ashley and Amy are talking again, and that Ashley's back to her usual self (if showing more cleavage than before.)

It's good that Adrienne and Ricky went to counseling, and that their relationship is moving forward in a healthy way.

Anne's birth: Whoa boy. I'm glad that she had an uneventful home birth, and overall the birth itself was presented as safe and "no big deal". But so many details of that just don't make sense! She didn't think she was in labor yet, then the baby is coming "right now!!!" but she can make coherent sentences? And she was healthy and safe to stay home after the birth, but she'd been on bedrest at the time. Was the baby too early? Why didn't he need to be evaluated? If not, then why wasn't she off of bedrest already?

And the way the ambulance staff showed up and treated her with respect, and didn't treat the birth like a medical emergency, letting her stay home after the birth without threatening to call CPS? Pure fantasy! Ambulances come with EMTs, not OBs and nurses, and they certainly don't have nurses available to play postpartum doula! IMO, it would have been more realistic if they couldn't get 911 to beleive them so she called her OB directly instead, and then her OB showed up at the house with a member of her personal office staff and THAT nurse was able to stay.

Does anybody know what kind of birth Molly Ringwald actually had? Did she have a home birth? Was she considering home birth before she knew she was having twins? Also, is the infant who portrays Robbie one of her babies? It would be so cool if she actually breastfed on the air, but that could only happen if her own DC portrayed the baby.

In general, I've been very happy with the way this series has been presenting birth. They're as upfront about it as they are about sex. They're not over-dramatizing births, making them out to be scary, etc. Birth is a normal event, and a relatively small part of the whole pregnancy/birth/parenting journey.

#262 of 263 Old 09-08-2009, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Does anybody know what kind of birth Molly Ringwald actually had? Did she have a home birth? Was she considering home birth before she knew she was having twins?
She had a hospital birth but I read on Celebrity Babies that she made a deal with her Dr because she did not want a c-section. She was able to deliver both naturally and even delivered the boy breech vaginally.
#263 of 263 Old 09-08-2009, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Anne is going to give birth. I predict that next season, Heather will give birth. Ben, Ricky, Jack, Griffin, the Coach, George, the dog, and the SUV will not give birth.
wait, the SUV ISN'T giving birth?

now i am not watching anymore. pppfffft.

but HOMEBIRTH!!! :::::

oh and can we talk about what happened with george and robbie at the end? how do we think THAT is going to play out?

and jack and madison?

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page