Grey's Anatomy Season 5!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 542 Old 10-01-2008, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I like Meredith because I think she is what a lot of us really are inside - she just acts on it. I think a lot of us are unsure, insecure, talk too much about our lives, over analyze stuff, can be shallow at times but then be very deep at others, have moments of idiotic behavior followed by moments of great character etc....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 542 Old 10-01-2008, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hottmama View Post
I'll take a stand as the only person on earth who likes Meredith.
Not the only person. I like her too.
#63 of 542 Old 10-02-2008, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottmama View Post
I think Sloan likes Lexi. I don't like her with George.
Hmmmm, Sloane with Lexi--now THAT would be interesting!!! She's so innocent/naive/goofy/puppy-dog-like, and he's this older, seasoned, Casanova type. I don't know why, but melikes the thought of them getting together!! It would be especially cool if he really got all ga-ga over her and she got into something with him but sort of kept him on a string, in a total reversal of normal Grey's reality.
#64 of 542 Old 10-02-2008, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavita View Post
Hmmmm, Sloane with Lexi--now THAT would be interesting!!! She's so innocent/naive/goofy/puppy-dog-like, and he's this older, seasoned, Casanova type. I don't know why, but melikes the thought of them getting together!! It would be especially cool if he really got all ga-ga over her and she got into something with him but sort of kept him on a string, in a total reversal of normal Grey's reality.
It would be nice to see Lexi be THE girl for him. The one he settles down with. Then best friends could marry sisters. (Although I don't know if they consider themselves BF's now?)
#65 of 542 Old 10-03-2008, 09:37 PM

Sorry to cut in, but I just had to say this is one of my favorite shows!! I was sad when it wasn't on becuase of the debate

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#66 of 542 Old 10-03-2008, 09:42 PM

Man I am sad it wasn't on last night. I watched the debate, but i wanted to watch online tonight.. uurrgghh!!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#67 of 542 Old 10-06-2008, 11:35 AM

I don't have a tv, so I can only watch online, and it has been driving me nuts that I couldn't find episode 2 for this season. I knew the debate was on last Thursday, but I didn't realize it was on ABC. :doh: Now I can't wait for this Friday! (The new episodes don't go online until the next day.)

: So happy it's back on!!! :

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#68 of 542 Old 10-09-2008, 03:14 AM

I love Vorenus too!! We LOVED Rome as well, he is an *excellent* actor and saw his journeyman show and it didn't do him any justice...,much better here on GA.

I hate Lexie. I dislike Meredith but not that much. But really really hate Lexie....hoping to get over it. She's so annoying.

I'd like some more of Christina and the Rome guy....they were great.
#69 of 542 Old 10-09-2008, 02:31 PM

Guess what I just read?

McHardcore's actor's real last name is McKidd! How cool is that? I guess if he was childlike then that could be his Mc-name on the show. teehee

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#70 of 542 Old 10-11-2008, 12:37 AM

So what did you all think of last nights episode?

The chief is all about cracking down huh? He's gonna burn out or something...

I think the callie/hahn/mcsteamy thing is so funny/cute etc.

Poor george and his darn test!

Lexi didn't annoy me quite as much as usual...i like that she was a little more confident this time!

I was so sad about the cancer girl

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#71 of 542 Old 10-11-2008, 12:51 AM

I like the shrink. Holly Hunter, right? Plus the Christina/Callie friendship makes a lot of sense to me. I find Christina one of the best characters on the show.

It seems like the survival of the underdog theme is getting transferred from Meridith to the hospital at large, which is interesting and fun!

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#72 of 542 Old 10-11-2008, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
I like the shrink. Holly Hunter, right?
Close....Amy Madigan.

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#73 of 542 Old 10-11-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavita View Post
i was totally thinking that.

I get irritated that they never show Lexie actually being a *doctor*. it seems like all she does is follow others around and act fluffy and ridiculous.

I liked how Christina said she thought Meredith lived her life at an "8." that seemed to make sense. That scene btw. Christina and the headache guy was really sweet.

kid on my hip....! gotta go-

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#74 of 542 Old 10-11-2008, 07:39 PM

I had such high hopes for Lexi being a more confident and "together" version of Meredith, but I guess that's not happening.

I am hard pressed to think of a character that hasn't annoyed me this season... except for Sloan!!! And maybe Callie.

--"Mama Bear" : to DD 8/06
Tree-hugging :, queer-loving , liberal, feminist hippie mom! :
#75 of 542 Old 10-17-2008, 12:25 PM

Anyone watch last night?
I'm really enjoying this season. I'm liking everyone right now, even the characters that I wasn't terribly fond of before.

Is the new GI Joe doc coming back?
#76 of 542 Old 10-17-2008, 12:49 PM

I think they totally missed an incredible opportunity to capitolize on the chemistry between Christina and GI Joe Doc. They've let three weeks go by now without bringing him back in (well, one week it wasn't on but still...). Big mistake. I hope they bring him back in soon because that was the most exciting thing yet this season.

And, Yay! for George! I didn't like that they made him fail his test last year so I'm glad he'll finally be moving on. I do wish they would show more about the interns - I think that could be really interesting but, you don't see that at all anymore. Residents teach! All you see is them being nasty to the residents but, I would think they would be rich with story lines.
#77 of 542 Old 10-17-2008, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

I agree that they really need to bring back GI Joe soon.

YAY for George! They needed him to fail last year so he could build up his relationship with Lexie. I'm glad he's moving on from being an intern now.

I'm interested to see where things are going with Izzy and Alex.

And I'm glad Meredith patched up that "rough spot" with Derek. They don't need any relationship drama right now!
#78 of 542 Old 10-17-2008, 02:59 PM

I really liked last night's episode!!! The Cally/Hahn thing was so cute and funny. A little bit of it rubbed me the wrong way, but all in all, it was cute. The dermatology stuff was hilarious! Can't wait til next week, it looks like a good episode.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#79 of 542 Old 10-17-2008, 04:14 PM

I'm hoping that they let the Meredith/Derek drama die down for a while. I'm ready for them to have some time as a couple.

I'm so glad they are revisiting the Alex/Izzy thing. I always liked them together.
I am liking Callie a lot more now, too. Maybe she'll find her happiness with Hahn....well, as much as you can find at Seattle Grace.

I am also interested in seeing Lexi and Sloan hook up. And GI Joe coming back.
So far, I liking this season far more than last!
#80 of 542 Old 10-17-2008, 06:00 PM

i want christina and sloan - battle of some crazy egos! lexie is too soft for sloan - he did love addison and all.
#81 of 542 Old 10-17-2008, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by konamama View Post
i want christina and sloan - battle of some crazy egos! lexie is too soft for sloan - he did love addison and all.
but wait, christina is shorter than lexie!
#82 of 542 Old 10-18-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluebird View Post
I had such high hopes for Lexi being a more confident and "together" version of Meredith, but I guess that's not happening.
They kind of have that "bumbling" thing going on .... like their dad

"Hey, mama!" to the fried dough lovin', monkey-boy.joy.gifI'm back and ready to chat!

#83 of 542 Old 10-19-2008, 12:36 AM

i am not seeing lexie and sloan. i think she will pine for george for a good long time as george did for meredith. i am also not seeing cristina with sloan -- i think that military dr will return and sweep her off her feet... i agree with catgirl that some of the treatment of callie and erica was weird but i think that is the point -- to show up bailey's homophobia and callie's internalization of that, and more generally overreliance on how others see her.
#84 of 542 Old 10-19-2008, 12:44 AM

I didn't see Bailey so much homophobic as she was shocked and trying to process. If I'd walked in a friend doing the deed with a different guys numerous times who'd never shown an inkling of lesbianism or bisexuality, I think I might be a little open-mouthed too as I processed the information. That doesn't make me homophobic, just blind-sided. Bailey came back and responded sensitively I thought, it just happens to be uncharted territory for her too. What made you think she was being homophobic?

eta; plus, Bailey's never been one to enjoy sharing details. She gave Addison the once-over too over Sloan, remember? She just thinks people are too oversexed in the workplace, or maybe she just has issues with sex in general. Maybe that'll be a storyline at some point...
#85 of 542 Old 10-19-2008, 10:07 PM

I didn't see Bailey as homophobic AT ALL. I thought she was actually trying to be all "Ok, you are going through some stuff I know nothing about. Let's be logical, yes?"

I thought Bailey was totally adorable.
#86 of 542 Old 10-21-2008, 08:49 PM

I totally thought Bailey was going to bust out with some story about how she tested the "vajayjay" waters in college *That* would have been great!! lol...

yeah, good episode... although, i never thought that they would bring the GI doctor back, i thought he was a one-timer. Has there been press that has indicated otherwise?

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#87 of 542 Old 10-22-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmainer View Post
yeah, good episode... although, i never thought that they would bring the GI doctor back, i thought he was a one-timer. Has there been press that has indicated otherwise?
I think I saw that he was coming back tonight. The way I understand it, at this point he is a "recurring" character.
#88 of 542 Old 10-22-2008, 02:41 PM

Bailey didn't strike me as homophobic either- just surprised. I still don't know how I feel about the whole Callie/Hahn storyline. Part of me feels like they are playing into the whole "it's trendy to be bi" thing. I'm not sure why, b/c it's not like they are focusing on the sexual part of the relationship- maybe it's b/c Callie just had the fling with Sloan?

I keep trying to figure out what my issue is with it exactly- is anyone else feleing the same?
#89 of 542 Old 10-22-2008, 02:45 PM

Love the GI doctor. He was the hot scottish love interest in 'Made of Honor' with Patrick Dempsey and he was also in 'Rome'. (HBO) He is yummy.
#90 of 542 Old 10-22-2008, 02:48 PM

Kevin McKidd

The new McDreamy?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page