Grey's Anatomy Season 5!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 542 Old 11-04-2008, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just coming to post about Hahn leaving the show. Wow. I'm pretty surprised...but actually not disappointed.
#122 of 542 Old 11-04-2008, 03:17 PM

Damn it! Now I'm sad!

So, is she going to die in a car accident or something? This sucks! :

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#123 of 542 Old 11-04-2008, 06:58 PM

welcome me, a new addict!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#124 of 542 Old 11-06-2008, 05:21 PM

I'm totally annoyed that they are getting rid of Hahn!! I really like her and I liked the relationship except for the fact that Callie is dealing in a totally stupid way. Um, she already knows what it's like to have sex with a man and with Sloan, so why does she have to go "test it out" after having sex with Hahn???!!! It's just pissing me off completely. It's abrupt and ridiculous.
#125 of 542 Old 11-07-2008, 10:31 AM

I really enjoyed last night's show. When they showed the older couple at the end, I was literally bawling. This show hasn't made me cry in a long time. If that was Hahn's last show, I am very disappointed with how they ended her role. What a letdown!

I'm lovin' McHardcore!
#126 of 542 Old 11-07-2008, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

I'm sure Hahn will have at least 1 more show. And now we know that she's obviously going to be leaving over her stolen heart. I was surprised that Callie stood up for Izzy the way she did but it makes sense. I think they're doing a good job at playing this out.

I enjoyed last nights episode too. My favorite part was after Christina explained to McHardcore why she's a surgeon and he says, "double (something) scotch" Aww.

I also liked how he and Bailey put them in check about their patients (dead and alive) being actual people.
#127 of 542 Old 11-07-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco_mama View Post
I enjoyed last nights episode too. My favorite part was after Christina explained to McHardcore why she's a surgeon and he says, "double (something) scotch" Aww.
Single malt scotch, I think.

ETA...according to this article, last night's epidsode was Hahn's last one.

http://www.afterellen.com/TV/2008/10...ith?page=0%2C0
#128 of 542 Old 11-08-2008, 09:14 AM

Anyone else laugh at George with the Robot patient?

I'm liking McHardcore a lot.

Mom to DS#1 and DS#2 fencing.gif
#129 of 542 Old 11-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Banned

I've loved this show ever since its premiere when I was 9 months pregnant (3.5 years ago) and I thought, "Okay, I will give this a try while I am waiting for this baby"

Loved Christina's "softer" side this past episode since we so rarely see it. I love that mcHardcore seems like Christina's perfect match personalitywise, whereas Burke was too sensitive and always wanted her to be something she wasn't deep inside imo.

What is up with the Denny thing? Is it just a figmant of Izzy's imagination or are they pulling the whole, I see dead people plotline?

How funny was the chief messing with George?

I thought the whole McDreamy trying to flirt with Christina funny too -- she was just so not into it

I liked when Callie stood up for Izzy and when Hahn was like "you can't be this or that or half lesbian or whatever" and Callie was just like..... "yes I can" with a look on her face that was like ummmmmmmmmmmmm no one is defining me lady, sorry.

I never liked Hahn too much so I won't be too sad to see her go. I always found her to be way too cocky and dismissive and just.... I dunno, not likable (to me) much.

I have always loved Bailey - she reminds me so much of my sister personality-wise and I think she is such a goodhearted character -I was bawling when she pumped the elderly woman's heart ... then mcDreamy, who I fluctuate between liking and hating, took over so she wouldn't have to be the one who let it stop...awwwww...

Meredith, meh. I fluctuate between totally liking her and (dare I say) identifying with her effed-upness -- and rolling my eyes at her and being like, GOD you are SO ridiculous.

I don't know if I like her new, "emotionally healthy" character. I smell a crisis coming up soon
#130 of 542 Old 11-08-2008, 01:36 PM

I feel like this weeks episode was the best yet. I loved Christina and think that the characters are actually getting back to their roots in a lot of ways. I'm interested to see how the Izzy/Alex relationship plays out since she may wind up being the one who shuts down emotionally. I have always been a fan of them together. We'll see!

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#131 of 542 Old 11-09-2008, 02:20 AM

I bawled my eyes out. I didn't help that AF was visiting...but seriously, I was bawling. This episode was so amazing. That old married couple were so touching. I loved them and I was so sad when she died.

Richard messing with George was hillarious. I cracked up when they first showed it was him on the microphone.

I'm suprised that is how Hahn is leaving the show. I'm glad they didn't let her stir up all kinds of trouble like she was threatening. I wasn't all that jazzed about her character anyway. I had a hard time relating to her, she was so calloused and closed off. I had a hard time believing her and Callie's relationship would last, but I'm bummed that they would end it just like that. I guess enough people complained about the "gay agenda" as my mom calls it. Though I personally enjoy the fact that they are including gay culture in a lot of mainstream shows these days. It's sad...it's sort of a big step backwards for them to yank Erica and that other character.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#132 of 542 Old 11-13-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglevoice View Post
I bawled my eyes out. I didn't help that AF was visiting...but seriously, I was bawling. This episode was so amazing. That old married couple were so touching. I loved them and I was so sad when she died.

Richard messing with George was hillarious. I cracked up when they first showed it was him on the microphone.

I'm suprised that is how Hahn is leaving the show. I'm glad they didn't let her stir up all kinds of trouble like she was threatening. I wasn't all that jazzed about her character anyway. I had a hard time relating to her, she was so calloused and closed off. I had a hard time believing her and Callie's relationship would last, but I'm bummed that they would end it just like that. I guess enough people complained about the "gay agenda" as my mom calls it. Though I personally enjoy the fact that they are including gay culture in a lot of mainstream shows these days. It's sad...it's sort of a big step backwards for them to yank Erica and that other character.
I'm newly pregnant and I cried through the entire episode. Even when George was having a hard time with the "doll". Although, when I saw the chief laughing, I laughed, too.

I have never been crazy about Hahn. (I did enjoy watching her shoot McSteamy down in the beginning, though.) I didn't really feel the chemistry between Hahn and Callie. Of course, I didn't feel it between Callie and George either. Maybe they will bring in someone really good for Callie.

Isn't Melissa George joining the cast? Maybe she could provide for some good chemistry.
#133 of 542 Old 11-14-2008, 01:03 AM

Oh, I didn't catch that Hahn was leaving. I just saw she was gone tonight. I admit, I'm very glad. I just never liked that character. This new intern is FREAKY. I thought the doctor with Asperberger's was interesting - her reaction at the end was so unexpected, but I totally got her. She was right - they didn't treat her kindly. I would like to see her back.

And OMG are they going to kill an intern next week?!
#134 of 542 Old 11-14-2008, 04:29 AM

Although I love me some good old fashioned Denny, I am so not into this Denny storyline. Not feeling it at all.

I liked Dixon and I thought she played it well. Sadie's a freak though. And it does look like they're going to bring the stupid on with the interns, doesn't it?

I think Callie and Sloan have great chemistry. He's falling in love with her and he doesn't even know it yet.
#135 of 542 Old 11-14-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamnEmma View Post
...I think Callie and Sloan have great chemistry. He's falling in love with her and he doesn't even know it yet.
I agree with the chemistry - but now that the seed is planted about "little Grey"...
#136 of 542 Old 11-14-2008, 10:00 AM

Not a Sadie fan, and I don't like the Denny storyline. I LOVED the kiss with Cristina and Owen, though.
#137 of 542 Old 11-14-2008, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

does grey's replay on t.v tonight? or do i need to watch it online?
#138 of 542 Old 11-14-2008, 02:54 PM

Ooooh I loved the McHardcore and Christina kiss. I love "hardcore" kissed like that!!!

*swoon*

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#139 of 542 Old 11-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Banned

Okay, I love Denny as much as the next gal, but what IS UP with this storyline? I like Izzy but I hope she is cracked up because if they are doing a "ghost" storyline, no... just....no. I mean, it may be appropriate in some shows but I don't think so in this one. I am thinking perhaps she is seeing Denny but this stuff is happening with Alex? Like having sex with a ghost *sigh*.

LOVED the McHardcore kiss --- wow... just... wow. -- Loved Christina being jealous of the new gal who I don't like too much as of yet. She is all, let me jump right in and act like I am totally in the gang in like 5 seconds... and cutting herself? O.....kay.

Loved Christina asking Callie if she was okay after finding out about Hahn. It was a very simple moment but she looked like she cared, which is not common for Christina

I dunno, Meredith has to do something crazy soon because emotionally healthy, happy relationship, has-it-all-together Meredith is creeping me out -- though it is making her a tad more likable.

Awww @ Alex all caring and wanting to "talk" to Izzy.

The asperger's doctor -- I called that from her first line -- dh has asperger's and although it is not nearly as obvious as it is on TV characters (sigh, they like to dramatize) , we both called it from the minute she opened her mouth we were like, *aspergers*. I liked her though -- I cannot believe she was the lead in Dances With Wolves!! Remember that movie?

Anyway, still love the show and waiting to see what happens. I really hope they don't screw up the Denny thing into some cheesy Ghost re-make.
#140 of 542 Old 11-14-2008, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I heard that the actress who plays Izzy is leaving sooner rather than later (i guess she's never been forgiven for refusing the emmy nom??)...so i wonder if the Denny visions are part of the effects of a brain tumor? Possibly a fatal brain tumor??

General Hospital had the same exact storyline like a year ago, with Nicholas and Emily...he kept seeing her, kissing her, interacting with her, and thought she was real....and refused to believe she was a figment of his imagination, a result of a brain tumor....he didnt want to have it removed, for fear of finally losing his beloved....but it all worked out, he had the surgery, etc.

So thats what i think they are doing (you heard it here first!!)...kind of lame, i think. But whatever.

Oh, and i called the AS doc the first sentence out of her mouth...cuz thats how people with Asperger's apparently act, on tv...like weird robotic people. I thought she was really overdoing it. Would have been nice if she would have been a LITTLE more subtle, and they could have wondered what it was about her that was a little "different" or "off"....but no, had to make her look nutty. Hmmm.

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#141 of 542 Old 11-14-2008, 11:47 PM

I think they're doing this with Denny because they realized they wrote him off too soon. It sucks . . . I'd love for him to come back, but there's no believable way to do that.

I didn't like the treatment of the Asperger's doc. She seemed like a caricature of a person with Aspergers, not a real person.

Proud Anti-Adoption, Atheist, Reproductive-Freedom Fighter Mama
Rylie is 7, Ronin is 3.5
#142 of 542 Old 11-15-2008, 01:05 AM
Banned

Oh wow about the GH storyline -- I have watched that on and off for years (with dd forget about it) but I vaguely recall that storyline with Emily and Nikolas, enough to be like, wait, didn't she die?? What the hell?

That is about how I am feeling with Denny. I really hope it is something explainable because ghost storylines are really, really done badly on most tv shows. I would hate to see GA do something like that.
#143 of 542 Old 11-15-2008, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post
I heard that the actress who plays Izzy is leaving sooner rather than later (i guess she's never been forgiven for refusing the emmy nom??)...so i wonder if the Denny visions are part of the effects of a brain tumor? Possibly a fatal brain tumor??

General Hospital had the same exact storyline like a year ago, with Nicholas and Emily...he kept seeing her, kissing her, interacting with her, and thought she was real....and refused to believe she was a figment of his imagination, a result of a brain tumor....he didnt want to have it removed, for fear of finally losing his beloved....but it all worked out, he had the surgery, etc.

So thats what i think they are doing (you heard it here first!!)...kind of lame, i think. But whatever.

Oh, and i called the AS doc the first sentence out of her mouth...cuz thats how people with Asperger's apparently act, on tv...like weird robotic people. I thought she was really overdoing it. Would have been nice if she would have been a LITTLE more subtle, and they could have wondered what it was about her that was a little "different" or "off"....but no, had to make her look nutty. Hmmm.

Katherine
I told dh the same thing last night about Izzie. They must be planning to kill her off. Denny kept saying he was there for her, which made me think he's there to help her cross over when she does die. I'm not liking the story line and the only way to make it plausible, IMO, is to have her die, or have a brain tumor as you said. It's pretty silly that after all this time she'd start seeing him.

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

#144 of 542 Old 11-16-2008, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestabeth View Post
I told dh the same thing last night about Izzie. They must be planning to kill her off. Denny kept saying he was there for her, which made me think he's there to help her cross over when she does die. I'm not liking the story line and the only way to make it plausible, IMO, is to have her die
my thoughts exactly
#145 of 542 Old 11-17-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
Okay, I love Denny as much as the next gal, but what IS UP with this storyline? I like Izzy but I hope she is cracked up because if they are doing a "ghost" storyline, no... just....no. I mean, it may be appropriate in some shows but I don't think so in this one. I am thinking perhaps she is seeing Denny but this stuff is happening with Alex? Like having sex with a ghost *sigh*.
I agree. Even though I LOVED Denny, this is a little too over the top for me

Quote:

LOVED the McHardcore kiss --- wow... just... wow. -- Loved Christina being jealous of the new gal who I don't like too much as of yet. She is all, let me jump right in and act like I am totally in the gang in like 5 seconds... and cutting herself? O.....kay.
All I could think was..."Doesn't she know that's going to scar???
#146 of 542 Old 11-17-2008, 05:03 PM

wait a minute - she refused an emmy nomination? huh? what did i miss??
#147 of 542 Old 11-17-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncaMama View Post
wait a minute - she refused an emmy nomination? huh? what did i miss??
No, she won an Emmy (for the Denny season, I think), and then all winners usually, submit themselves for the next year. But she didn't submit herself for the next year because she said she "hadn't been given good enough material to warrant it". Which was taken to mean that the writers didn't write any good stuff for her. Then there was a backlash, or made-up backlash, that the writers were then not going to write anything good for her again. But, personally, I agreed with her. The only thing they gave her that season for her to submit was a dead deer.

#148 of 542 Old 11-18-2008, 11:12 AM

does anyone know why the actress who played hahn was fired?

Dara Mommy to Gabbie (4/05) , Zachary (6/07) , and Simon (8/10)
#149 of 542 Old 11-18-2008, 06:50 PM

heigl didn't submit because she didn't think she had anything worth submitting and didn't want her popularity to skew the votes. basically she wanted to let someone who did better work have a better chance of winning. she knows as all the actors on an ensemble show know that not everyone on the show can have spectacular story lines every year. it was completely overblown by the media and that part is always left out of the quote.

hahn was canned because of the backlash against the lesbian storyline. sadie was supposed to be the new bi love interest for callie but they canned that storyline as well.
#150 of 542 Old 11-18-2008, 07:23 PM

why are they so squeamish about a lesbian storyline?? wtf??

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page