Grey's Anatomy Season 5!!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-06-2008, 01:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TWOP is AWESOME. If you miss a show and can't find a way to watch it, read their full re-cap. It's a blow-by-blow, scene-by-scene description of an entire episode, with witty commentary thrown in. Sometimes I skim the recaps for more complex shows just to see what I might have missed while watching.

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2008, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty much agreeing with you. The only part of last night I liked was Yang picking Carev for solo surgery and then the awesome McHardcore kiss at the end with the wind blowing. That was cool. But they have to advance that story line. It REALLY seems to me like they hired different writers. None of it seems like the usual awesome Grey's Anatomy! What happened? I don't know if I could ever give up on it, but I'm not liking it right now. I realized it when I found myself unloading the dishwasher and doing some other things while it was on last night and I would never usually do that.

Grey's, come back!!!!!
Me too, I'm very unhappy with all but the kiss.

The Denny/Izzy thing is totally weird

Mom to DD 14 and DS 12
Old 12-06-2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie View Post
Ok, I am just about ready to give up on Grey's. This last episode has to be the worst one yet. I cannot stand the Izzie/Denny storyline. It is just going way too over the top for me. Also Sadie is just way too fake as well. It really feels like they are grasping at straws to keep this series alive.

This last episode was pretty bad, but then when Lexie went to Sloan's apartment and just started stripping and saying "teach me...." I wanted to vomit. ack....ack...ack... What has happened to Grey's????????????? Did the writers all get brain tumors???
ITA. The Sloan/Little Grey was icky. She looks so childlike next to him it just looked sick and wrong. Izzy needs to get a grip on reality. Should she really be performing surgeries when she can see dead people? The only part I liked was Yang and Dr McHardcore.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:05 AM

I agree that the kiss between Yang and McHardcore at the end was awesome, but that was definitely the only good thing about this episode. So disappointing.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
Old 12-06-2008, 02:25 AM

Okay, I'm going to be the voice of dissent here . . . although I agree with not agreeing with the "teach me" part, I sort of like Lexie and Sloan. I thought it was kinda hot. :: Then again, I predicted that one a while ago, so there ya go. I was also sort of weirdly thrilled to get to see his apartment for some reason! I didn't like him much before but I really have been liking him more in recent times . . . he seems like he's trying to develop and be a better man and a better person, and I think he does seem to really like her at least somewhat. I have the feeling though that Bailey is going to decide to go into plastics . . . which should make it an interesting dynamic if she's working under him and he's hooked up with a very-much-underling intern . . . . I also wonder what's going to happen with Callie, since they seem to be still good friends and maybe even occasional backup bedmates. It also popped into my head, what if Callie ends up pregnant with his baby from all their recent romping? That would be a bit interesting!! Then again, maybe I just think that somebody getting knocked up on that show is overdue.

One think I generally don't like Lexie's personality though--it seems so different from what it seemed like she was going to be when her character was introduced. I remember when she sort of hit on Derek at the bar, and then she was introduced as Lexie Grey at the hospital. It seemed like she was smart, sexy, confident, and fairly together--graduated from Harvard Med School, etc. I thought she was going to sort of be the "anti-Mer", ie, sort of a representative of how Meredith "could" have turned out if she wasn't so damaged--like if her dad had stayed around to parent *her* and her mom had been more like Susan (Lexie's mom.) Instead she makes Meredith look good in comparison, as she's such a bumbling idiot! And the whole thing with Karev, then George, and now Sloan--ugh.

I agree with the whole not-liking the Izzie storyline with Denny thing. Strangely enough though I like the Izzie/Denny thing more this episode than before, as it almost seemed like they've kind of settled in and he's almost real. Maybe she just needs to consumate and complete her relationship with him so that she can move on and be with Alex?? Who knows?! Weird though. I wish they never brought him back, though. I do hope that Karev doesn't end up getting really hurt.

I also think that perhaps I need to get a life. (Or maybe watch more TV and not just this one show! Lol!)
Old 12-06-2008, 12:23 PM

See Spoilerfix.com for the way the Izzie/Denny thing is going. It now totally makes sense to me and I fell a bit better. Before reading it, I was ready for Denny to die again.

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
Mark Twain
Old 12-06-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphine View Post
I do have to say that I thought the residents got off unrealistically easy for going "all McMaverick". In reality, wouldn't they all have been booted from the program? Even Izzy got suspended for that stuff she pulled with Denny. They didnt' even get their hands slapped.
Not just booted from the program, they would have never worked in the medical field again. But that's even assuming the story line is likely. I can't imagine that you'd EVER get that many people in one room who (a) completed undergrad, (b) completed med school competitively enough to (c) get into a surgical residency and (d) still had no common sense whatsoever.

So over the Izzy/Denny thing.

Anyone else annoyed with the Dr Dixon story line? I can't put my finger on it, but it just seems offensive to people with Aspergers.

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
Old 12-06-2008, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I thought it would have been so much more believeable if, when lexie was at mcsteamy's apt, that it was all a little fantasy in his head...like...she is saying "teach me teach me" and he's getting all hot and bothered, then we hear "teach me" and he looks up, and they are at the computer screen or over a cadaver or something and she is innocently saying "teach me (this random surgical technique)"...i think they could have carried that out for several more episodes, that sloan actually has a CRUSH on this little intern...maybe she could even realize it, and kind of manipulate that (in a nice way), where she realizes her very presence gets him flustered...it would be cute.

Instead, it got all creepy and gross. Like that situation would ever ever happen in real life.

As far as dead denny....when they were having their ewww ghost sex, and poor alex pops in...and sits down on the bed, we were like "nooooo dont sit on denny!!" It was sooo stupid. Poor alex. I think he deserves better than izzy at this point.

Robot Asperger's doc....cmon...its like she is Data's sister or something. Overact much? It would be nice if they didnt play that character like she's from another planet or something.

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
Old 12-06-2008, 04:22 PM

Did they actually say that doc has Aspergers at one point? I must have missed that.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:27 PM

Yes, in the first epi she was in, she said it at the very end.

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
Old 12-06-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
Yes, in the first epi she was in, she said it at the very end.
Hmmmm, maybe the dvr cut it off. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBirdie View Post
See Spoilerfix.com for the way the Izzie/Denny thing is going. It now totally makes sense to me and I fell a bit better. Before reading it, I was ready for Denny to die again.
Oh don't you tempt me! I don't WANT to be spoiled!

Old 12-06-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limabean1975 View Post
Oh don't you tempt me! I don't WANT to be spoiled!
I peeked. I feel better too.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:08 PM

I love Lexi and Sloan.

Even though I know the spoiler. I still hate the Izzy and Denny thing. Especially now that Alex is smartening up.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama View Post
I peeked. I feel better too.
dangit. I might peek. DANGIT!

Old 12-06-2008, 07:24 PM

I peeked.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:00 AM

I peeked too, and am totally glad I did. Nothing major written there, just teasers that make you not hate the Izzie/Denny thing QUITE so much.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
Old 12-07-2008, 04:25 PM

hmm...if i'm reading the right spoiler, it makes me hate the izzy/denny thing more. how are they going to explain it then? There really arent a whole lot of options...either its a brain tumor (or some other weird medical thing causing hallucinations), or izzy is crazy, or he's a ghost. I mean, i guess it could be her imagination, but if so then they have carried it too far (talking with him in front of other people, having "sex" with him in the hospital, etc....more than a simple fantasy yknow?!)

I let Private Practice go after some of their ridiculous storylines and totally inappropriate and unrealistic behavior from the docs....might just have to do the same with Grey's sooner rather than later.

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
Old 12-07-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post
hmm...if i'm reading the right spoiler, it makes me hate the izzy/denny thing more. how are they going to explain it then? There really arent a whole lot of options...either its a brain tumor (or some other weird medical thing causing hallucinations), or izzy is crazy, or he's a ghost. I mean, i guess it could be her imagination, but if so then they have carried it too far (talking with him in front of other people, having "sex" with him in the hospital, etc....more than a simple fantasy yknow?!)

I let Private Practice go after some of their ridiculous storylines and totally inappropriate and unrealistic behavior from the docs....might just have to do the same with Grey's sooner rather than later.

Katherine
I am pretty sure the spoiler answers your question specifically. I am not sure what else to say without wrecking it for those who don't want to know.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama View Post
I am pretty sure the spoiler answers your question specifically. I am not sure what else to say without wrecking it for those who don't want to know.
Hmm....maybe i wasnt looking in the right spot? Because all i could find was this quote:

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
11/20 - "I think the love triangle with Denny, Izzie, and Alex is among the most interesting we've ever done. Watching the chemistry between Jeffrey and Katherine again has been really touching. I can't wait for our viewers to see where we're taking it. But what it won't involve is Izzie having a brain tumor," [Shonda Rhimes revealed... Denny will] be in at least five episodes. Source: The Ausiello Files

which wasnt very helpful.

Is there more info i didnt find? Feel free to spoil me!

Katherine

Old 12-07-2008, 04:55 PM

Nevermind, i found it (didnt click on the link after the quote i used above)....

i guess i feel a LITTLE better about it...but they should have wrapped this up after two episodes....not drag it out. They let ghost denny go on and on but can't stretch out the sexual tension between mcsteamy and little grey a little longer? Ugh.

Katherine

Old 12-07-2008, 05:00 PM

Yeah. It seems a little backwards.

For future reference, the spoiler alert doesn't work when someone gets the email alert. They can read it all.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post

which wasnt very helpful.

Is there more info i didnt find? Feel free to spoil me!
You either have to scroll down or click on the next page number for that spoiler.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
Old 12-07-2008, 08:57 PM

OHHHHHH! I loved that spoiler! It makes me really love the Denny/Izzy thing. And besides, I still miss Denny. He is truly coming back for her.

I understand about little Grey being more klutzy that thought, but I am glad she is proving everyone wrong. No one at Seattle Grace would expect this from her.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBirdie View Post
i read it and i'm still ready for denny to die again.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:35 PM

The last episode really showed to me what I stated previously about the lack of connection between the original 5. George tried several times to bring up Izzy's issues to his "friends" with little result.

Based on what we saw last night (the exchange between George and Alex) I think that George is going to be key in getting Izzy back to her old self and that Alex will finally have respect and/or gratitude for George and his friendship with Izzy.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
i read it and i'm still ready for denny to die again.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:17 AM

*sigh* I just clicked the link below the spoiler that brings you to the page with more info, and although I understand why it is happening like it is, I am now tending to agree with PiePie. They just need to hurry up and do some explaining before they lose too many viewers. It is just plain weird. I am dreading the next episode in January.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:53 PM

For me, having "dead" Denny there, for whatever reason, has really ruined the magic they created with "live" Denny. I am really not liking the direction they are taking with that. And, while I thought that I would like Lexie and Sloan together, it just didn't click for me in the last episode.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:56 PM

So it's all over the net that T.R Knight has requested to be released from his contract so he can quit Grey's.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/12/post.html

Any thoughts?

User Tag List