The Office Season 5!!! - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 286 Old 05-15-2009, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I called it the second the nurse wheeled her away.... :

justthinkin - I love your comparison - I totally think it was a shout out, or whatever....

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 of 286 Old 05-15-2009, 12:10 PM

Aww, Michael is so cute. "You guys better leave before I get another branch fired."

Do you think he realizes its over with Holly when he gives that whole "we're that kind of couple" speech.

Pam and Jim are too sickeningly cute.
#273 of 286 Old 05-15-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleklu View Post
Do you think he realizes its over with Holly when he gives that whole "we're that kind of couple" speech.
Actually, I thought that speech suggested that it's *not* over. It seemed like a reference to Jim and Pam. And, uh, things seem to be going well for them...

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
#274 of 286 Old 05-15-2009, 01:31 PM

Thats what I took from it as well, Lisa. It made smile sooo much too. It was just the sweetest speech.

And Jim's expression calling Dwight? Omg, LOVE that man! And so happy for that fantastic (and fictional, yes I am aware, lol) couple!

We had a crappy day yesterday, so ending off the night with such a warm and fuzzy episode just made it all better.
#275 of 286 Old 05-15-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I called it the second the nurse wheeled her away....
: Me too! :

Holly/Michael kill me. My heart breaks for him. He's so in love with her and it's painful.

Dwight's joke about the horse doctor - I was "rotflmao. Hilarious.

And Dwights bff? HA HA HA HA. Poor Mose.

Dwight sticking up for Angela, huh...

And, AGAIN, I hate Charles. HATE HATE HATE. What an ASS.

Oh, and I liked Pan's smack-talk. Cute.

ETA - watching it on Hulu right now and it was just the part where AJ wants his chairpants and Michael calls him "fatass". Too funny.

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.
#276 of 286 Old 05-15-2009, 03:51 PM

Did I post this already? But if you're in canada and missed it, you can watch it on www.globaltv.com!
#277 of 286 Old 05-15-2009, 05:00 PM

I was thinking "this isn't much of a season finale" until the very end! How sweet was that? :

At first I was just thinking that company picnic was a way of having everyone wear t shirts that would presumably be for sale somewhere. I think I want one, actually.

Kimberly, in love with Hannah Rose! (04/08) EC grad!
#278 of 286 Old 05-15-2009, 08:27 PM

I loved this ep. Now that Jam is so obviously going to stay together ( i hope- is there going to be a spinoff?) they need an "angst" couple- ala Michael and Holly. Holly gives him these looks- like she likes him too. How frustrating!!

There are 2 Jam looks I love- the one where Jim comes back from corporate (he was still dating that other girl) and asks Pam if she's doing anything that night, and she says no, and he says "Its a date" and she looks at the camera- I LOVED THAT LOOK!

The other was last night, when Jim tells Dwight to put the sub in-

:::::::

It will be interesting if they add a baby to the show.

Julieknit.gif, DP to modifiedartist.gif, mama to DD (7)dust.gif , and DS (5)joy.gif

#279 of 286 Old 05-16-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenjall View Post
And Jim's expression calling Dwight? Omg, LOVE that man! And so happy for that fantastic (and fictional, yes I am aware, lol) couple!

I know, you can't help but be happy for them!

#280 of 286 Old 05-16-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2snugbugs View Post
It will be interesting if they add a baby to the show.
Although, in the usual way of television, we'll probably barely see him/her. I wonder if that's why Pam's parents broke up. (I think they stayed broken up, right? Due to Jim making Pam's dad realize he didn't love Pam's mom as much as Jim loves her?) I'm thinking Pam's mom could move nearby and take care of the baby while they're at work. You know, conveniently offscreen.

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
#281 of 286 Old 05-16-2009, 11:20 PM

I loved, loved, loved this episode. Hilarious.

I told DH it made me sad, and when he asked why, I told him, "The longer it stays on, the better it gets, the more into it I get... and it can't stay this good forever!"

And Michael and Holly? To quote my friend Liz, "If it doesn't work out between them, I don't believe in love."

(Okay, Liz was talking about our REAL friends, Candace and Tara, but the sentiment is the same.)

I am really liking Dwight lately. The whole Angela thing was good for him, I think.

DH and I laughed so hard at Dwight's Dr. Horse joke that we had to rewind. That's the best thing about Hulu, you can laugh as long and hard as you want, and you don't have to miss anything.

Trying to turn hearts and minds toward universal healthcare, one post at a time.
#282 of 286 Old 05-17-2009, 06:02 PM

I love watching it online, too! I've seen the show "live" exactly once (on a road trip, happened to be in a hotel on a Thursday night) and it just wasn't the same!

There is definitely something likeable about Dwight! He definitely calls it as he sees it. Even if how he sees it is a bit on the warped side, at times.

So were there any real cliffhangers other than the last scene in the hospital? Which wasn't even really a cliffhanger, just can't wait to see how that progresses.

I was thinking that maybe since Michael didn't say anything to Holly, that Holly will be the one to say something to Michael? That would be sweet.

#283 of 286 Old 05-17-2009, 07:00 PM

i loved the way Holly and Michael were this episode... when they were planning the script together.

but OMG how awful their skit was - even without the buffalo fiasco

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#284 of 286 Old 05-18-2009, 03:03 AM

I loved this episode. The hospital scene with was just so sweet. It wasn't a big cliffhanger but I had enough of those this season (Lost, Grey's).
#285 of 286 Old 05-21-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama82 View Post
I loved this episode. The hospital scene with was just so sweet. It wasn't a big cliffhanger but I had enough of those this season (Lost, Grey's).
I got totally emotional...being pregnant does that to me! It was just so sweet how Jim reacted

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#286 of 286 Old 05-21-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
I know from reading different blogs about The Office, that they are trying to find a way to permanently write Holly into the script as a main character. I believe one of the writers said something along the lines, that she is Micheal's soulmate, and to have her coming in and out of his life like this would be too much for him.

I haven't seen anything about it since then, and the finale didn't really answer whether or not she was staying or going, but I hope we see more of her! Amy Ryan is fabulous with Steve Carrell- they have great chemistry together

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page