The Office Season 5!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 286 Old 09-22-2008, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1 hour premier starts this thursday at 9pm!!!!

:::::::
#2 of 286 Old 09-22-2008, 01:05 PM

Woohoo! From the preview commercial, it looks like Pam has a ring. Thank goodness! I don't think I can wait through a whole other season for that.

Can't wait to see what happens to Michael/Jan/Holly and of course the Dwight and Angela drama. Those two are so weird.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#3 of 286 Old 09-22-2008, 10:19 PM

This is one of the only shows I really watch - I am so excited! Not only is the show frickin' hilarious, but I have such a crush on Jim :

Mumma to DS July 2010 and expecting another baby boy late July 2012 belly.gif

#4 of 286 Old 09-22-2008, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I LOVE this show but I will so miss Toby!
#5 of 286 Old 09-22-2008, 10:25 PM

I AM STOKED!

DH and I love this show, it's our favorite! We watch the DVDs every day and cannot wait for Thursday!

I heart Dwight/Angela. I don't know why...

Michael/Holly, I don't see it happening. Now that Jan's pregnant, Michael won't be able to see anything else. He just wants a family so badly.

Jim/Pam - :::

I did like Toby but he pissed me off royally when he took Ryan's side against Jim. Grow up. Pam doesn't like him, never has, never even acted like she did. CREEPY.

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.
#6 of 286 Old 09-23-2008, 04:32 PM

So excited!!! I have a huge crush on Jim too.
#7 of 286 Old 09-23-2008, 05:21 PM

I'm excited but apprehensive too..I'm anticipating a Ross/Rachel development which will stink..But I'm excited otherwise!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#8 of 286 Old 09-23-2008, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Police believe the pair were recently released from the Department of Corrections for prior armed robbery convictions, Hill said.
Wow, didn't know people were taking a comedy so seriously.

It was funny because that is how people act. They do petty, weird things for sad, emotional reasons. They are awkward and uncomfortable. They miss their chance and then nurse a grudge. It's just jokes!
#9 of 286 Old 09-24-2008, 01:46 AM

Can not wait! Did anyone notice Ryan in the back while Michael is doing his "Michael Klump" impression! Wow, what's he doing back there lookin' all clean shaven and Temp-ish?
#10 of 286 Old 09-24-2008, 01:49 AM

I just started watching this show online. It makes me laugh so hard. Who is video taping them or who are they talking too? I need someone to answer this for me! SOrry to hijack!
#11 of 286 Old 09-24-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.14_Opal View Post
Can not wait! Did anyone notice Ryan in the back while Michael is doing his "Michael Klump" impression! Wow, what's he doing back there lookin' all clean shaven and Temp-ish?
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
There is a rumor going around that he's the new receptionist. Which would be awesome. Gets him knocked off his pedestal!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#12 of 286 Old 09-24-2008, 02:16 PM

Yay! It's been a long summer w/o any Office.
#13 of 286 Old 09-24-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintal View Post
I just started watching this show online. It makes me laugh so hard. Who is video taping them or who are they talking too? I need someone to answer this for me! SOrry to hijack!
It's supposed to be a "documentary" like someone came into their "office" to tape it, kwim?
#14 of 286 Old 09-24-2008, 08:52 PM

Reluctantly joining. I didn't laugh one time all last season, but I can't not watch. The characters are interesting, looking forward to see what they do with Jim and Pam and Micheal/Holly/Jan, and Ryan. So, still looking forward to Thursday, hoping season 5 will be funnier than 4!
#15 of 286 Old 09-25-2008, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
I didn't laugh one time all last season,
I find that VERY hard to believe! Not even once?

TONIGHT!! :
#16 of 286 Old 09-25-2008, 07:34 PM

i am ridiculously excited.

in the preview Pam does NOT have a ring. I watched it in slow motion LOL. she's waving one hand in front of the other - I assume to show off the lack of ring....

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#17 of 286 Old 09-25-2008, 11:23 PM

So what did you all think?
#18 of 286 Old 09-25-2008, 11:31 PM

First impressions..I didn't laugh as hard as I would've liked to. But I always take a little while to process things..

Highlights..

Ryan being the new receptionist, Creed selling Kelly a "tapeworm", and of course Jim and Pam getting engaged!!! About time!! I'm still afraid they're going to break them up though..

#19 of 286 Old 09-25-2008, 11:39 PM

Loved it. So glad to have it back!

Homeschooling mama of four fantastic kids and wife to one great guy.
#20 of 286 Old 09-26-2008, 02:13 AM

::::::::

I literally screamed "OH!" when Jim hit his knee. I cannot believe it. It was so... BLAM, I was not expecting it at all! I totally started tearing up. I didn't cry, but my eyes got very watery - no spillage, LOL.

Oh, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!

::::::::

Everything else can wait until next week. Right now I can't even think straight!

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.
#21 of 286 Old 09-26-2008, 03:48 AM

Loved it! I'm holding out hope that the writers aren't going to mess too much with Pam and Jim. I can see there being complications with Pam's new friend at art school, but I think they'll pull through.

For some odd reason, I'm also pulling for Angela and Dwight. Throughout the episode I kept waiting for her to end her engagement to Andy. She's trying really hard to be an ice queen and shake Andy off, but it was kind of sweet the way he kept hanging on and trying to accomodate all of her wedding requests. She's going to have to dump him eventually, won't she?

Totally OT, but does anyone know if the IRL Angela is BFing? She was pregnant last season and had her baby over the summer- I think it was a girl? I think her breasts look larger

Poor Toby, nothing ever works out for him, does it?

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
#22 of 286 Old 09-26-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annethcz View Post
Loved it! I'm holding out hope that the writers aren't going to mess too much with Pam and Jim. I can see there being complications with Pam's new friend at art school...
I was worried about that too. I saw that guy joking with her at school and I was thinking "Hey, back off man!"
#23 of 286 Old 09-26-2008, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

He proposed!!! : OMG, I was completely taken off guard too! I loved it. And especially how he came back to the office at the last minute all smiles.

Dwight and Angela are funny but ...(and I can't believe I'm saying this!) I feel bad for Andy! Here he is trying to find the perfect place to get married for Angela and she's cheating with Dwight! Boo!

Love how Phyllis is now in charge of party planig. "Lets just say I was at the right place at the right time."

Kelly. "What else do you like about me?" When she was standing up on the chair.

Michael. What an ass for ripping up those tickets!

Omg and the fruit in the vending machine. Millions of fruit flies and here comes Dwight spraying the crap out of them.

And the beginning was hilarious when they were eating their "last meal" and Stanley says he's bringing leftovers to his wife. Dwight comes in with some damn OFF, sprays the crap out of everything, "Here, take that to your wife!!"

#24 of 286 Old 09-26-2008, 10:12 AM

Hooray! First episode of the season! Let's hope there are more this season, hey? I bought the Season 4 DVD & I while I like commentary, etc., I was a little irritated that they only put 4 episodes per DVD so they could still charge $$$ for a 4-DVD box set....with only, what, 16 episodes for the year?

Anyway....

Great episode, I thought! I liked the way they covered the entire summer in the hour. The weight loss premise was kind of funny. Poor Kelly. ((That was not a tapeworm. --Creed))

Poor Andy, too. I heart Dwangela, and I think they'll find one another & live happily ever, but I think Angela sees how hard Andy's trying. But *not* having "Here Comes Treble" at their wedding is a dealbreaker - - I'm curious to see how this goes!

I enjoyed that Ryan was back as a temp - Michael's mancrush will never die, will it? - and I LOVED Jim's welcome back to him. "But he did, didn't he?"

I am excited about the addition of Holly, too. She is just brilliant. When Oscar and she were in the breakroom - Oh, so you think it's a choice? - and then when she found out about Kevin - and then making that little rap thing with Michael - and hiding behind the shelves spying .... she's great!!! What a fantastic cast addition. I just love that there's a female Michael. As a dork myself, I heart Holly.

Michael - as usual, awesome. "Who's your daddy? Oh, you don't know who your daddy is, do you??" "I wrote you a poem....the last word is seagulls..." I actually thought him ripping up the tickets was kind of sweet - so Michael - it didn't occur to him to ask her out to the concert? so he ripped them up so she could "just forget" about the bikram yoga guy - and wearing his heart just so out there with trying to make Holly feel better. And calling Jim in the office to yell at him for his "strategy" of friends first/lovers later. Hahahahaha! Just....hilarious.

And Pam at art school - I love it. Just love it. But the JAM we got last night? Fantastic.

Mama to A 8/05 and S 11/06
#25 of 286 Old 09-26-2008, 10:22 AM

I missed the first 5 or 10 minutes, putting my son to bed, but I loved what I saw, especially the proposal. :

I feel a little sorry for Andy, too. He's so annoying, but he obviously cares about Angela and is trying really hard to plan the perfect wedding for her. They definitely don't belong together, though; she and Dwight are meant for each other.
#26 of 286 Old 09-26-2008, 01:44 PM

So good to see this show again. Loved all of it especially Kelly and Ryan. When she was making out in front of Ryan. And then when Michael asked what else was beautiful about Kelly and Ryan jumps up, "Everything. She's perfect." :
#27 of 286 Old 09-26-2008, 01:48 PM

The tapeworm!
#28 of 286 Old 09-26-2008, 03:29 PM

I just got to watch. I'm so stoked!! Angela, wow. What character development. I'm shocked at her behavior.. And her favorite song is Little Drummer Boy... My Goodness. My favorite Angela moment remains to be the talking head from the bat episode. "Poop is raining from the ceiling... Poop!"
#29 of 286 Old 09-26-2008, 04:35 PM

loved it!

loved loved loved it

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#30 of 286 Old 09-26-2008, 04:37 PM

i loved it!!! Michaels stupid little beard thing was too funny.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page