The New Celeb. Rehab w/ Dr. Drew - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 75 Old 10-26-2008, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I'm totally embarrassed to admit this, but I am already hooked again. I don't know what it is that drags me in, but I can't stop watching this train wreck. Anyone else watching? Gary Busey must be psychotic. I know he's bipolar, but there are some SERIOUS delusions there!
#2 of 75 Old 10-27-2008, 12:56 AM

I loved last season. I didn't even know it was on again. I saw it out of the blue this weekend. At least you know you'll never miss an episode since VH1 repeats everything a million times every week. Gary Busey is crazy. I'm looking forward to the new season!

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
#3 of 75 Old 10-27-2008, 02:27 PM

I watched it. Wow Steven Adler (ex guns 'n roses) is still a hard core druggie. I hope this helps him.
#4 of 75 Old 10-27-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearyCloud View Post
Ok, I'm totally embarrassed to admit this, but I am already hooked again. I don't know what it is that drags me in, but I can't stop watching this train wreck. Anyone else watching? Gary Busey must be psychotic. I know he's bipolar, but there are some SERIOUS delusions there!
Um...he's not psychotic...he's a MENTOR!
#5 of 75 Old 10-27-2008, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmom View Post
Um...he's not psychotic...he's a MENTOR!

I was totally in shock when he kept going on and on about being there as a helper. He is so delusional!
#6 of 75 Old 10-28-2008, 01:32 PM

I didn't watch the last season but this first episode had me rolling. Busey is a mess! "I'm not an addict anymore" Um hello? Once an addict always an addict. He acts as though he is cured. I would be going crazy if I were one of the other patients having to listen to his stupid Busims or whatever he called them.
#7 of 75 Old 10-28-2008, 02:26 PM

I saw in the previews that Dr Drew might get a little crazy of all them crazy people!!
Busey is nuts, he is freaky like someone who would be in a scary halloween movie. The way he looked at Shelley when she asked for his phone back. Why the hell do you need your phone to finish a conversation with people who aren't even ON the phone?
#8 of 75 Old 10-28-2008, 05:48 PM

Busey is crazy, but I sure wish somebody would just say to him "You are not a part of the treatment team, you are a patient here" it makes me think they lured him into doing this show by vaguely telling him he was to be there to "help" others .... it is starting to look a little sleazy to me

Mom to DD born 1989 DS born 1993 and grandma to
DGS born 2005
#9 of 75 Old 10-29-2008, 08:08 PM

Oh yeah, I'm in for sure.

Busey is loony--but, yeah, were they just not getting his "mentor" take on things? Because they seemed very dismissive and vague in responding to him. Weird.

I love Shelley so much!
#10 of 75 Old 10-29-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie2 View Post
Busey is crazy, but I sure wish somebody would just say to him "You are not a part of the treatment team, you are a patient here" it makes me think they lured him into doing this show by vaguely telling him he was to be there to "help" others .... it is starting to look a little sleazy to me
I was thinking the same thing. It reminds me of Baldwin in the first one. He acted like he was there to help and seemed like he might not have been told the entire truth either. Editing can do wonders, if they were misled.

It sure seems like some grim futures are coming out for American Idol contestants and Steven Adler just makes me really sad.
#11 of 75 Old 10-31-2008, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I thought this at first, too, but I think he is really just a nut. He has a wild look in his blood-shot eyes that screams, "I'm crazy!"
#12 of 75 Old 10-31-2008, 02:16 PM

oh no! was this on last night?... i missed it ... oh well i am sure it will repeat 13,000 times ... whew

DGS born 2005
#13 of 75 Old 10-31-2008, 07:08 PM

Good Lawd..............Busey is NUTS!
#14 of 75 Old 11-03-2008, 07:51 PM

Jeff Conoway - I feel for him. He looks in so much pain.
Nikki McKibbin - Looks like she might come through this one.
Amber - Don't know about her yet.
Stewart boy - He seems to be too arrogant to want to kick this addiction. I think he is just in it for the publicity. I mean, who knows his music for real?
Steven Adler - I like him. I hope he finally kicks his addiction. He seems to really want it this time. Hopefully he will stay on track.
Tawny Kitaen - I am sorry, but I don't believe this chick. I think she is like stewy boy, in it for some publicity!
Rodney King - He seems to be strong enough to kick his addiction too. I like him!
Busey - Needs MENTAL help!
#15 of 75 Old 11-03-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmnlovingit View Post
Jeff Conoway - I feel for him. He looks in so much pain.
Nikki McKibbin - Looks like she might come through this one.
Amber - Don't know about her yet.
Stewart boy - He seems to be too arrogant to want to kick this addiction. I think he is just in it for the publicity. I mean, who knows his music for real?
Steven Adler - I like him. I hope he finally kicks his addiction. He seems to really want it this time. Hopefully he will stay on track.
Tawny Kitaen - I am sorry, but I don't believe this chick. I think she is like stewy boy, in it for some publicity!
Rodney King - He seems to be strong enough to kick his addiction too. I like him!
Busey - Needs MENTAL help!

I really feel for Amber - she reminds me of my mom a little bit. This is going to be really hard for her - especially since her mom is still using. This is her first time and its really going to be a challenge to make this stick ..

DGS born 2005
#16 of 75 Old 11-03-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I really feel for Amber - she reminds me of my mom a little bit. This is going to be really hard for her - especially since her mom is still using. This is her first time and its really going to be a challenge to make this stick ..
That's how I see it. Its going to be hard for her because her Mom still uses.
I hope she stays away from her mom for a while, until she is strong enough to stay sober eventhough her mom uses.
#17 of 75 Old 11-04-2008, 12:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TearyCloud View Post
The funny thing is, I believe that he's clean. He's just nuts!

I'm "addicted" to this show and I love Dr. Drew, but does anyone else feel like celebrity rehab is a complete waste of time? It seems like the patients view it as kind of a joke, and the staff coddles them rather than confronting their problems head on.

-Marisa, ecstatic mommy to amazing DD Sidonie, 2/07 :
#18 of 75 Old 11-04-2008, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnj77 View Post
The funny thing is, I believe that he's clean. He's just nuts!
But he's not. He said that he smokes pot. He doesn't think that matters because that wasn't what had huge problems with though.
#19 of 75 Old 11-04-2008, 01:16 PM

Yes he smokes pot, but it's medicinal MJ so he may not be addicted. He won't be able to smoke it there. If the MJ calms he then the first episodes mere mild.lol

Dr. Drew also mentioned that his behaviour could be brain damage from his accident(years ago)

What I don't like about this show is that they're only in rehab for 21 days, which IMO is not long enough. Especially with Jeff Conoway. The first round he was detoxing for the first 4-5 days which left him with 16/17 days. He left a few days early so he was really only in rehab for barely 2 weeks.
#20 of 75 Old 11-04-2008, 01:23 PM

Yeah, I don't think he's clean. I think his behavior is certainly evidence that he's not in recovery.

Around these parts it's 3 days in rehab. Sometimes five if you're coming off dope or oxy. The insurance companies realized long ago that the recovery rate was slim to none anyway, so why pay for a month? And you know. like everyone says....I went to rehab to learn that meetings are free.
#21 of 75 Old 11-04-2008, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Gary Busey is really off. But yes, they had a psychiatrist on that said that because of the brain damage in his motorcycle accident years ago, his filtering mechanism is not working. So he just says whatever he thinks. They put him on (I think) Depakote for that.

Did anyone see on the Oscars, I think it was, where Busey came out of nowhere and hugged Jennifer Garner while she was talking to an interviewer on the red carpet? You should have seen her face. SCARED. It was so awkward.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

#22 of 75 Old 11-04-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
Yes he smokes pot, but it's medicinal MJ so he may not be addicted. He won't be able to smoke it there. If the MJ calms he then the first episodes mere mild.lol
Either way, he's not "clean".
#23 of 75 Old 11-07-2008, 01:50 AM

I think Dr Drew is kind of cute for his age. LOL IMO!
#24 of 75 Old 11-07-2008, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
#25 of 75 Old 11-07-2008, 09:39 AM

Full on hot. :
#26 of 75 Old 11-07-2008, 12:33 PM

I watch this too. I watched last season as well. When I saw the initial previews for the show I thought the whole concept was utterly deplorable and told my DH that reality TV had hit a new low. Then I flipped onto the show by accident and, while the train wreck aspect held me, the humanity aspect captivated me. It was a MUCH better show than I had initially anticipated.

This season seems pretty interesting too. I was giggling when Rodney King was relating about the gay rights march that intersected with him going to court...and then they took up his cause on the fly. His comment about how he thinks gays add so much color to the world was fantastic, and I hope a lot of people were listening to him where they might not otherwise.

Jeff Conaway is sad, but I don't EVER see him getting better...truthfully. He and that whacked out girlfriend of his keep each other happily [sic] dragged down in a shared misery.

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
#27 of 75 Old 11-07-2008, 01:22 PM

i got hooked on the show half way through last year, and had no idea it was starting again - i just stumbled on it flipping channels. but, i'm hooked again!

the Stewart kid - phhullleeeaassse - he is so not caring about getting sober. every ounce of him screams "i just need to say what they want to hear to get through this and back to my life"

Busey - is although, i also really see his mental capabilities being impaired, so, it's going to be tough. i don't blame the staff for sort of ignoring his "helping" comments at first - it's probably not worth it to get into it with him in the first 5 minutes he's there.

as for Dr Drew - what do you mean "for his age" lol - some of us here are "that age" !

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#28 of 75 Old 11-07-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catubodua View Post
as for Dr Drew - what do you mean "for his age" lol - some of us here are "that age" !
Let me rephrase that "He is aging well" as in, i think he is hotter now, then he's ever been. Oh my. LOL!!!!!!!!
I find MATURED (I don't know how else to say this without offending all the 40+ LOL) man attractive sometimes. The older he gets, the better looking. Just my opinion. LOL!
#29 of 75 Old 11-07-2008, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
For his age??? Geez, I think he is not much older than me. And yes, he is totally hot.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

#30 of 75 Old 11-07-2008, 10:06 PM

What happened to Busey? did his meds kick in? I didn't see anything that happened he just sort of "clicked" and he was like "ok I am a patient"

hmm

DGS born 2005

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page